The Future Of Gulf And Arab States

Topic locked
the future of Gulf and Arab states Feb 01, 2006
I wonder what will; be the future of Arab states?I mean oil reserves will run out by 2015 or 2020,right?

Abrar
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 01, 2006
are you posting your school/uni assignment questions here & getting your work done?? lol

well i dunno about other Arab states, but I once read on a local site that only 15% of the UAE's income comes from OIL. 80% comes from tourism.
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 02, 2006
For Dubai its only 5% of GDP
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: the future of Gulf and Arab states Feb 02, 2006
Abrar wrote:I wonder what will; be the future of Arab states?I mean oil reserves will run out by 2015 or 2020,right?

Most Arab states have no oil reserves whatsoever... :)

Those that do, are in the process of diversifying their economies... Those that do not have aready rely on other things, mostly service based, to account for state revenues...

Reserves will run out for sure in the next 50 years.... Dubai's will by 2020 most defintaly.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 07, 2006
ya dude....but we haf one more prob....da rising rents...at this rate...the rent is so high...most of themare packin their bags and going bak....

this mite lead to a crash n markets...god help dubai...and oh ya...abt buying a flat in dubai..i think u better not...coz da quality sucks to da core...

if u feel like buyin..then buy those apartments which were built around da time of da introduction in real estate...
romance
Dubai Forums Member

Re: the future of Gulf and Arab states Feb 07, 2006
Abrar wrote:I wonder what will; be the future of Arab states?I mean oil reserves will run out by 2015 or 2020,right?

US will leave Iraq ,atleast thats what i know :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: the future of Gulf and Arab states Feb 07, 2006

I think there are more oil reserves than we know.

I know that in Denmark scientists said that the reserves would last to 2020, but now they have found more so it will properly last fore 50 years. As the price gets higher, we will drill new places.

After the oil is gone, I would se it as a huge problem for the arab dictator-states. With out oil there is no other natural resources (am I right?) so the economic will be weaker. If a terrorist action takes place in USA as 9/11, the US Army will maybe clean out in the middle east area, as they did in Afghanistan.

I think that democracy will raise as the economy gets weaker. The common man or woman wants to make some huge change in the way each country should be ruled.
Danishguy
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: the future of Gulf and Arab states Feb 08, 2006
I know that in Denmark scientists said that the reserves would last to 2020, but now they have found more so it will properly last fore 50 years. As the price gets higher, we will drill new places.

Sweet dansk guy ,

velkomen til dubai forum ;0) ,

I can bet that you can not be dane no matter if u spend 40 more years in Denmark , no matter how much snow fall on you :) .

Danish scientist said about " Tuborg and Carlesbeg Beer" :P . They said the reserve of "Beer" wouldnt last no matter how many ppl drink and no matter how much :) .

Get over middle east and Denmark issue , and talk about something else if you have :)........
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 08, 2006
i know for a fact Abu Dhabi has oil reserves for the next 200 to 300 years. I am assuming the same is true for Saudi, Iran and Iraq.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 08, 2006
I did a bit of research and here is the outcome from variuos websites.

Dubai’s oil reserves have reduced over the past decade and are now expected to be exhausted within 20 years. The main fields are offshore: Fateh, Southwest Fateh and two smaller fields, Falah and Rashid. The only onshore deposit is the Margham field. Dubai Petroleum Company (DPC) is the main operator. Dubai has a 2 per cent share of the UAE's gas reserves. Dubai’s Margham gas/condensate field can deliver up to 140 mn cfd for domestic use and offshore fields can provide another 100 mn cfd. Sharjah also supplies Dubai with 430 mn cfd through a pipeline installed in 1992. The state-owned Dubai Natural Gas Company (DUGAS) is responsible for processing natural gas produced in Dubai’s offshore oil fields as well as the gas piped from Sharjah.

According to Oil and Gas Journal (1/1/05), the UAE contains proven crude oil reserves of 97.8 billion barrels, or slightly less than 8 percent of the world total. Abu Dhabi holds 94 percent of this amount, or about 92.2 billion barrels. Dubai contains an estimated 4.0 billion barrels, followed by Sharjah and Ras al-Khaimah, with 1.5 billion and 100 million barrels of oil, respectively.

The majority of the UAE’s crude oil is considered light, with gravities in the 32o to 44o API range. Abu Dhabi's Murban 39o and Dubai's Fateh 32o blends are the UAE's primary export crude streams, though Dubai's production is been falling in recent years due to the decline of its modest reserves. Most of the UAE’s oil fields have been producing since the 1960s or early 1970s. Proven oil reserves in Abu Dhabi have roughly doubled in the last decade, mainly due to significant increases in rates of recovery. Abu Dhabi has continued to identify new finds, especially offshore, and to discover new oil-rich structures in existing fields.

Oil was discovered offshore in 1966, and production commenced in late 1969. The DubaI government acquired a 60 percent share in DumaDPC in 1975.

Dubai's oil reserves in 1991 were estimated at 4 billion barrels, which will run out by 2016 if 1990 levels of production continue. The principal fields are Fath, Rashid, and Falah offshore, and Margham onshore.

The Dubai government established the Dubai Natural Gas Company (Dugas) in 1975 to process gas from offshore oil fields. By the early 1990s, the company also planned to process associated gas from the onshore Margham field.

Dugas's foreign partner was Scimitar Oils (Dubai), a subsidiary of Canada's Sunningdale Oils. The Dugas processing facilities at Mina Jabal Ali came on-line in 1980 with a capacity of 20,000 bpd of natural gas liquids (propane, butane, and heavier liquids) and 2.1 million cubic meters of dry gas (methane) a day. The dry gas is piped to the Dubai Aluminum Company (Dubal), where it fuels a large electric power and desalination plant. A small part of the natural gas liquids is locally bottled and consumed, but most is exported to Japan. A special gas terminal at Mina Jabal Ali that can handle tankers of up to 48,000 tons opened in 1980.

The UAE has enormous crude reserves that rank 4th in the world. The country's recoverable oil wealth is estimated at 98 billion barrels, the fourth largest after those in Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Iran.

UAE started producing oil in early 1960's. Output hit a record of 2.24 million barrels per day (bpd) in 1998 but receded to around 1.9 bpd at present following a colelctiev agrement between OPEC and other producers to reduce supply. The UAE currently has a sustainable oil production caapcity of 2.6 million bpd which is set to surpass 3 million bpd in a few years time.

Regarding reserved of natural gas, the UAE has around 6.1 trillion cubic metres - the fifith largest after Russia, Iran, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

-------------------

cant say of the authenticity of the data, just picked it off some websites.:)

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums