Israel And Lebanon

Topic locked
Jul 19, 2006
Well I did make the point that people were being killed on BOTH sides, all are innocents.

However, I was deeply shocked and saddened to see the picutre in today's papers of Israeli children writing messages on bombs, which just goes to show that if innocent minded children are being taught to hate and never change the way of things there really is no hope.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 19, 2006
mraph33 wrote:Never once in any have your posts have you mentioned that there are dead Israeli civilians also......doesn't that bother you also?

The Lebanese civilians killed have been 10 fold and have the Israeli civilians been trapped like mouse and forced to flee from town to town to avoid certain death?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 19, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well I did make the point that people were being killed on BOTH sides, all are innocents.

However, I was deeply shocked and saddened to see the picutre in today's papers of Israeli children writing messages on bombs, which just goes to show that if innocent minded children are being taught to hate and never change the way of things there really is no hope.

I had the very same thought withing seconds of seeing the photos. It also shows arrogance, etc.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 19, 2006
Lionheart

I dont take offense at you calling me anything, i merely want this discussion to remain focused on the current situation. Just posting pages and pages of quotes is not "discussion".

I am sure you agree this thread is very sensitive because people on our forum are personally affected by this situation.

Speak from the Heart Lionheart, you have much to contribute as an individual.

Mr & Mrs Inquirer

No comment.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 19, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
mraph33 wrote:Never once in any have your posts have you mentioned that there are dead Israeli civilians also......doesn't that bother you also?

The Lebanese civilians killed have been 10 fold and have the Israeli civilians been trapped like mouse and forced to flee from town to town to avoid certain death?

I'm not counting corpses, I'm asking a humanist question.
About being trapped like mice: those that live in north of Israel have been living in bomb shelters. It a wonder why they don't exist in Lebanon....it is unfortunately a country that is familiar with war - from all sides and from within. While a bomb shelter is not a vacation spa, it does keep people alive.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 19, 2006
mraph33 wrote:
XRW-147 wrote:

I'm not counting corpses, I'm asking a humanist question.
About being trapped like mice: those that live in north of Israel have been living in bomb shelters. It a wonder why they don't exist in Lebanon....it is unfortunately a country that is familiar with war - from all sides and from within. While a bomb shelter is not a vacation spa, it does keep people alive.

what the hell do u mean by familiar with war???? ha?? we didnt build shelters because we enjoy dying?? ...u selfish heartless monster :evil: :evil: :evil:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 19, 2006
What monster??? Chill out girl
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 19, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
fayz wrote:I was reading the newspapers, one of the dead is an 11 month old Canadian Girl, actually 7 Canadians have been murdered (one family) in the estimated 200 dead so far. very very sad.

What is the 11 month old or any of the other countless dead children Israeli, Palestinian, Lebanese guilty of?

Breaks my heart that in this day and age people who have the power to stop this don't, people seem to study history in school but no one learns from it.

Israelis bombed a Church ......... :evil: :evil: :evil: where the hell is the world????

The Canadians I mentioned above were also massacared by Israelis
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jul 19, 2006
BBC is getting human real stories from both sides of the conflict

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5191396.stm
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 19, 2006
Eros wrote:People .... relax. Why all this mud slinging. Its not worth it. You are going to achieve nothing by this discussion. Nothing you say or do will affect the situation in Lebanon or Israel.
Probably not directly but perhaps we get a better understanding of the situation from reading and taking part in discussions such as this. And the more that people understand, the more chance there is of finding a solution :?:

Or maybe I'm too optimistic. There's a few thousand years of history written by victors that goes against my POV :? ...
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 19, 2006
sharewadi wrote:
Eros wrote:People .... relax. Why all this mud slinging. Its not worth it. You are going to achieve nothing by this discussion. Nothing you say or do will affect the situation in Lebanon or Israel.
Probably not directly but perhaps we get a better understanding of the situation from reading and taking part in discussions such as this. And the more that people understand, the more chance there is of finding a solution :?:

Or maybe I'm too optimistic. There's a few thousand years of history written by victors that goes against my POV :? ...

or maybe if we try to lessen the ignorance of people, they will be liess likely to elect just as ignorant leaders who in the end are the reason behind this mess :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 19, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well I did make the point that people were being killed on BOTH sides, all are innocents.

Let me point out one thing choco, mraph and everyone who is wondering why we are not crying for the death of the israeli civilians... 80% of the Israeli population are strongly behind the atrocities the goverment is comitting in Lebanon and Palestine. While the majority of the Lebanese population is not war mongering and wanting to inflict the same upon the Israeli population. So while you always want to stress the death of civilians on both sides. Look at the civilians dying..

In lebanon, they are fleeing trying to stay alive.

In Israel, they are signing missles,and cheering along the goverment.

Doesnt justify the deaths, but at least the Israelis are accepting this war situation and will accept the deaths as collateral damage.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 19, 2006
MaaaD wrote:

Let me point out one thing choco, mraph and everyone who is wondering why we are not crying for the death of the israeli civilians... 80% of the Israeli population are strongly behind the atrocities the goverment is comitting in Lebanon and Palestine. While the majority of the Lebanese population is not war mongering and wanting to inflict the same upon the Israeli population. So while you always want to stress the death of civilians on both sides. Look at the civilians dying..

Doesnt justify the deaths, but at least the Israelis are accepting this war situation and will accept the deaths as collateral damage.

Thank u maad..couldnt say it any better
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 19, 2006
kanelli wrote:
MaaaD wrote:mraph can you not start this game of "you started it". I am not going back to history of 3000 years of who started it but lets just talk about recent history.

Hamas had a ceasefire with Israel, until the latter bombed that innocent family on a picnic on the beach in Gaza and then Hamas ended the ceasefire which eventually led to the capture of the soldier in Gaza and which brought over the insane reaction of the Israeli army in Gaza. That prompted Hizbollah to go ahead and capture two soldiers in the north and here we are today.

So do not buy in to the Israeli media ploy of oh we are the victims and got attacked first. It is a chain of events and not isolated events.

If Hizbollah did not kidnap and attack the soldiers, Israel would not have bombed - correct? Yes, Israel is being heavy handed, but Hizbollah are the ones that stuck their nose in. If you play with fire you will get burned.

kanelli,

I think your arguments are beyond biased. It seems that you also have selective memory.

Kidnapping of soldiers is NOT an act of war, it is simply that, kidnapping. Hezbollah are asking for prisoner exchanges - these being prisoners that have been held without trials, without legal representation, without rights by Israel for many years. In the past Israel has indeed done prisoner exchanges, Hezbollah was counting on this fact. Imprisoning people without charges and without trials, IS still illegal. But you only seem to harp on the illegality of the actions of Hezbollah and that cross border kidnapping. What about the illegality Israel's numerous air and land violations on its neighbor's borders? In that case, whenever Israel breaks sovereignty rules by invading the air space of another country - with their FIGHTER JETS - such actions should be taken as an "act of war", right? I mean, it's only logical if we're to go by the "logic" that Israel the US and it's propagandists are using...

Your selective memory also seems to forget this recent incident of Israeli military kidnapping Palestinian civilians in Gaza. Notice how the media uses the word "capture" instead of "kidnapping". The media using kid gloves with Israel, how astonishing!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5112846.stm

And speaking of kidnappings, what about the US overseas kidnappings of suspected terrorists? The CIA broke every international rule imaginable against men that were captured in Europe and the Middle East. And most of these kidnapped people were simply victims of mistaken identity. Can you imagine any one of the countries where these men were kidnapped from declaring US renditions as "acts of war"?

I think it's quite clear that Israel and the US can get away with illegal warfare while spewing an abundance of shallow rhetoric to justify their criminal actions.
freza
Dubai chat master

Jul 19, 2006
mraph33 wrote:
Corcovado wrote:A thank you from Lebanon to Israel ....please watch

http://www.fromisraeltolebanon.org/

Never once in any have your posts have you mentioned that there are dead Israeli civilians also......doesn't that bother you also?

15 Isreal Civilians died in Hizbollah rocket attacks compared to isrealis bombing which they killed over 170 civilians. Also consider the fact that Isreal is using the latest weapons given by US to kill people. They are using jets to bomb civilians in Lebanon like they have done for many years in Palastine, but I guess that is not terrorism since Isreal is immune from being called terrorist.Isreal says it has guided missiles that accurrate, but their guided missiles have killed more people than Hizbollah unguided missiles. It seems like Isreal is the one targeting civilians purposely and terrorizing.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 19, 2006
Kanelli

If Hizbollah did not kidnap and attack the soldiers, Israel would not have bombed - correct? Yes, Israel is being heavy handed, but Hizbollah are the ones that stuck their nose in. If you play with fire you will get burned.

Kanelli what 1000's of Palastinians and Lebanese that have been kidnapped from their homes and prisoned without trail since 80's, 90's? Aren't they humans too, don't they families that grieve and worry about them too. Hizbollah did not kidnapped Isreal soliders, because you can't kidnap a soliders...Solider is abducated not kidnapped. But the Palastinians and Lebanese who are in prison without trail are as young as 14 and some of woman, know how come the media does not mention them being kidnapped from their homes by Isreal soliders...how come no one mentions that Isreal has in prison kids as young as 14 without trail...But Isreal goes crazy when two soliders were abducted in Lebanese territory not in Isreal. This conflict was never about Isreal wanting to get back the soliders, but rather Isreal expanding its terroritory.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 19, 2006
Specially to Corcovado and Nick

Went through the postings here and it really touched my heart.
with so many innocent lives lost with all this senseless bombarbment on civilian target, I can only offer my prayers for the safety of your family
members still in Lebanon. Be strong guys. I pray that this war may come to an end soon.

from Singapore.
tonl
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 19, 2006
tonl wrote:Specially to Corcovado and Nick

Went through the postings here and it really touched my heart.
with so many innocent lives lost with all this senseless bombarbment on civilian target, I can only offer my prayers for the safety of your family
members still in Lebanon. Be strong guys. I pray that this war may come to an end soon.

from Singapore.

thank u so much , i am really touched with ur concern .. Pray for us , Pray for lebanon :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 19, 2006
This conflict was never about Israel wanting to get back the soldiers, but rather Israel expanding its terroritory.

Utter Rubbish!...... it`s about the war on terror and you people are all bias against Israel, U.S.A and the free world
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 19, 2006
Mr & Mrs Inquirer wrote:This conflict was never about Israel wanting to get back the soldiers, but rather Israel expanding its terroritory.

Utter Rubbish!...... it`s about the war on terror and you people are all bias against Israel, U.S.A and the free world

What free world do you speak off... I hope its not Bush America and Zoinist State.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 19, 2006
Bush White House just called the bombing against Lebanon and Palastine as part of the War on Terror... This is the same country that destroyed two countries because 3000 of their civilians were killed by so-called Alqeada, but know they are approving the killing of and destruction of country as part of War on terror...no wonder US is hated in Mid east and if it wasn't for puppet leaders they control they would have opperated in Mid east.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 19, 2006
Hillary Clinton celebrates Israeli war crimes

“We will support [Israel’s] efforts to send a message to Hamas, Hezbollah, to the Syrians, to the Iranians, to all who seek death and domination instead of life and freedom,” she told the crowd.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2006/jul2006/clin-j19.shtml
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 19, 2006
the people of lebanon and its supporters will never give in, i have my faith in that.
arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 20, 2006
Bush America and Zoinist State ,E.U normal world :)
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 20, 2006
Mr & Mrs Inquirer wrote:Bush America and Zoinist State ,E.U normal world :)

So Normal and free society is..

Bush America...having concentration camp in Guantanimo, in prising people without trail. Spying on their own citizens, giving over 5 billion to another country( everyone knows who I'm talking about) while their own citizens in New Orleans live in conditions that would rivale some of the poorest countries in the world. Were Lobbyist determine what policies the lelected politicians in the country should pursue, were money will buy you an elected official basically. Were few control the majority, and etc.

EU consists of allot of countries..but lets take an example of Austaria and Germany..were citizens are denied the freedom to question the Holocoust. I believe in Austaria a man is in jail for simply questions what really happened in the Holocoust. I thought freedom of speach gave people the right to question anything...hell Europeans used freedom of Speach to insult prophet of God, but they can't question the holocoust, beacuse of fear of view Zoinist. Isn't this a case of few controlling the majority...

Zoinist State is not worth discussing since its as free as Nazi Germany.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 20, 2006
Mr & Mrs Inquirer wrote:This conflict was never about Israel wanting to get back the soldiers, but rather Israel expanding its terroritory.

What you have been saying throughout the thread is utter nonsense.

When Britain was occupying India, those who resisted the occupation were labeled by Indians as heros and patriots, and at the same time labeled by the British as terrorist. George Washington was also called a terrorist by the British. So don't even use the term terror or war on terror, nobody will buy this here .....it is just an argument used by the powerful to enforce their interests.

SO SHUT THE **************** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
MS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 20, 2006
I don't know how many times I have mentioned throughout my membership here, but I am also American and let me state my opinion. I am angry at Hezbollah for making their foolish attempts to get Israel back on their typical retaliation rampages.

But I am even more angry at the Israeli response. If I were Israel, I would just send in special ops teams and try to neutralize the Hezbollah camps instead of bombing the Sh*t out of Lebanon. I really dont think they picked their targets too well anyway. I see reports of them bombing the city and suburbs, and even the international terminal of their airport. Good luck rooting out Hezbollah like that. (sorry but this rant is not meant to be offensive)

It's a very nice country anyway and there are a lot of westerners as well. (well now they're all being evacuated thank you very much Israel) :roll:

And shitshes like Inquirer should stfu about this. I think he's purposely trying to mimic some array of radical/sexist/racist/everything bad history had to offer. Message to you, Inquirer: You were probably the guy on This Thread . I'm surprised your account managed to survive the Dubai Forums for this long. Send your emails to CNN or the BBC or something like that. Inquira eez Shissa! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mr Burj-Al-American Idiot
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 20, 2006
MaaaD wrote:

First of all...thanks for the answer. Much nicer than being called names as some of the less articulate members of the forum chose to do.

The Israeli support for the attacks (I don't know where you got the 80% figure) has a lot of reasons. But the primary reason is that there is as much ignorance in Israeli society of its neighbors as exists in this forum about Israel. The average Israeli doesn't differentiate between a person from Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq or Sudan.....they are all ARAB. In Arab countries, Israel is the enemy. In Israel, the arabs are the enemy. That doesn't mean that Israelis want to see Lebanese civilians killed, but as you said there is an 'acceptable level of collateral damage' in order to keep its borders and citizens safe. As, Israelis know that their army does not TARGET civilians - if it did, there would be 200,000 dead already. [I know there will be some disagreements about that statement].

Lebanese are fleeing to stay alive, Israelis are hiding in bomb shelters. The discrepancy in the number of killed is only because the Israelis are better protected. They are underground while the Lebanese are above ground.

To go back to my quoted question here - mankind has had a very bloody week....not only in Israel/Lebanon, also Iraq, India....and as if we are not killing each other enough....another tsunami kills 300. I hope this conflict ends as soon as possible with a few additional casulties as possible
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 20, 2006
mraph33 wrote:The Israeli support for the attacks (I don't know where you got the 80% figure) has a lot of reasons.

I thought it was 90%. It was in the Gulf News under the photo of the bomb signing. I saw the figure somewhere else too, can't remember where.

Most citizens support leaders in times of war - look at Bush's approval ratings during the last Gulf War, and yet now he's despised by so many Americans, let alone the rest of the world. Didn't sound like Olmert was very popular before this conflict started. Nasrallah has a lot more support now. I'm sure Ahmadinijad and Hafez will have more fans if they get more involved. Go back through history and you'll see much the same pattern.

It's a sad reflection on humanity that we appear to like leaders who like fighting.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 20, 2006

about war on terror ??? and the free world ???? but at the looks of things its seems like Israel is the one terrorizing Lebanon now !!! . there is no other pos. reason to it than yes israel is trying to expand its occupied lands ... fck its all jews to me if you ask me ... they are selfish greedy fcks ... like americans they will only attack and waste money on ammunition if there is significant advantage to be taken like americans they stirred the trouble in Iraq / Kuwait and now again in Iraq fior what ?? for OIL of course .... WAR is a booming Business if you have Oil shortage and you have billions of billions worth of Military Equipment what would you do ??? go to war with Arabs ... for A take controll of the OIL , and get the neighboring countries to fear/rely on you for Military Help ..... Thats America for you .... Now lets look at it this way ... Israel ... what is the obvious need of this country ??? LAND !!! ... we all know that they need it ,. adn we all know that they had been getting their hands onto every land they can steal.....

the sad part is .... WE all know what these to nations had been doing, but i dont know why other strong nations keep their eyes closed regarding this ... They are Getting Bolder on their attacks ...

War against Terror ??? it makes you wonder ... whos the REAL Terrorist??

see gulfnews report :
http://www.gulfnews.com/region/Lebanon/10053810.html

i might be wrong,... then again .... we cannot deny the fact .... may it be war against terror or what ever,... What Israel did is tasteless and an ACt of Terror against the Lebanese Peoepl ... whats done is done but i just hope that when all of this is over we just pray that someone has to pay for all this crime ..
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums