What do you want for the Middle East?

Poll ended at Jul 21, 2006

Peace between countries, including Israel
78%
Israel wiped out completely
22%

Total votes : 18

What do you want for the Middle East? Jul 16, 2006
I am curious to see what the answers to this poll will be.

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 16, 2006
Fair threatment and that Isreal be made to comply with international law the same way every country in the region is expected to comply with International Law.

No interference from US or any other western countries in the affairs of countries in Mid east. The removal of the dictators, pseudo kings and puppets.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 16, 2006
I think it's disgusting that there are people here that would encourage violence and the eradication of an entire nation! It's sad, pathetic attitudes like this which feed wars and aggression.

As Gandhi said, 'Only peace encourages peace' and 'An eye for an eye, will leave the world blind' - or words to that effect.

There is blame on both sides whichever way you look at it. But it will take the bigger, more human nation to down arms and offer the hand of peace.

Open your eyes people! We're all human!

Arabs nations will never band together, they're too greedy and happy to be in the pockets of other nations.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 16, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:I think it's disgusting that there are people here that would encourage violence and the eradication of an entire nation! It's sad, pathetic attitudes like this which feed wars and aggression.

As Gandhi said, 'Only peace encourages peace' and 'An eye for an eye, will leave the world blind' - or words to that effect.

There is blame on both sides whichever way you look at it. But it will take the bigger, more human nation to down arms and offer the hand of peace.

Open your eyes people! We're all human!

Arabs nations will never band together, they're too greedy and happy to be in the pockets of other nations.

excuse me dear.. are u watching the news... the israelis they told the people of a village to leave their houses and then they bombed them all :x :x they destroyed my whole country ... and 100 killed so far ... see gaza they killed a whole family while sitting on the beach for no fuking reason ... what peace??? the reason there is war in the middle east is because of israel and we all know it ... let israel wipe off
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 16, 2006
Peace ofcourse Kanelli. Anyone who wants Israel completely wiped out is a hypocrite because that is exactly what the Israelis are trying to do .. systematic genocide based on not being part of a religious group.

Peace however needs to be between equal parties that have the power to negotiate, and can take and give. After all this is a war over real estate, very very important real estate.

Peace in the middle east.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 16, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
excuse me dear.. are u watching the news... the israelis they told the people of a village to leave their houses and then they bombed them all :x :x they destroyed my whole country ... and 100 killed so far ... see gaza they killed a whole family while sitting on the beach for no fuking reason ... what peace??? the reason there is war in the middle east is because of israel and we all know it ... let israel wipe off

This is exactly what happens. Israel drives Arabs crazy and bring out the worst in them ... emotions of anger and revenge. Corocovadao dear, your family , friends, and the whole country of Lebanon is in our prayers. I know those are hard days for you .. be strong. Justice will prevail.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 16, 2006
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 16, 2006
The Israeli reaction to the situation is over the top, I have never disputed that fact or ever said what they are doing is right. However are Hezbollah also not to blame? Did they not cross borders, kidnap and kill? Yes they did, open your eyes, it's never a one-sided argument.

To justify the wiping out of an entire nation is a sick fantasy by narrow minds who feed on the destruction of human life.

It's pathetic, it's sad and no sane human being should ever want that of another.

I have never, do not, and will never understand these attitudes, they are an alien concept to me.

People should be working for peace and not war. To say that you want an entire nation wiped of the map is not an answer to anything, it breeds hatred and intolerance.

What people should be doing is working on ways to live together, instead of destroying each other.

We only have one earth and mankind is well on the way to f***ing it up completely, because there would rather be killing than living in peace, and at the end of the day for what? Absolutely nothing!

Does every man, woman and child not have the god given right to have a place to call a home? To live in safety? Without fear? Yes they do but it's ignorant, hateful attitudes that keep the hell fires burning!

It's shameful!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 16, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:The Israeli reaction to the situation is over the top, I have never disputed that fact or ever said what they are doing is right. However are Hezbollah also not to blame? Did they not cross borders, kidnap and kill? Yes they did, open your eyes, it's never a one-sided argument.

Officially Israel and Lebanon are in a state of war. This never stopped. Hezbollah attacked a military jeep, and captured military personnel. There was no attack on civilians. And ofcourse Israel reacts by bombing the shit out of civilians and there infrastrcuture. The soldiers were kidnapped in the morning, Israel didnt know 100% if its true till the afternoon. Trust me hezbollah could have those soldiers in the artic during that time. Bombing the airport is just stupid. Just signs of a weak Israel that has no strategy in fighting a war with the much more organized and threatning hezbollah.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 16, 2006
If you want to get angry at someone, then why don't you get angry at the arab nations for failing to lift a finger to help! What have they done so far? Nothing, apart from sit around a table and fight and argue, which is typical and ridiculous.

The UK has now sent 2 Navy ships to rescue stranded British expats, but what about others trapped there, what are their countries doing? Nothing! Because when it boils down to it they're all cowards who won't get involved to stop retaliations against their own backs.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 16, 2006
Saying that Israel is trying to commit "genocide" against Arabs because they attack Palestinians and Lebanese is the same thing as calling all militant action against Israeli military personnel and targets "terrorism". It is false. We have seen enough cases of genocide in Europe and Africa to know the difference.

Do you think that Israel is going to make people happy as they try to carve out a homeland for themselves on territory that historically both Muslims and Jews have called home? The reality is that people in the area are going to get displaced and killed when they resist. There have been peaceful solutions negotiated over the years, but each side refuses to cooperate. From what I can see, there are still some people who think that it is realistic to see Israel wiped out. There will be no peace as long as people feel that way, and there will be no peace if the international community does not start holding Israel accountable for its heavy handedness.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 16, 2006
Well said K.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 16, 2006
kanelli wrote:Saying that Israel is trying to commit "genocide" against Arabs because they attack Palestinians and Lebanese is the same thing as calling all militant action against Israeli military personnel and targets "terrorism". It is false. We have seen enough cases of genocide in Europe and Africa to know the difference.

Do you think that Israel is going to make people happy as they try to carve out a homeland for themselves on territory that historically both Muslims and Jews have called home? The reality is that people in the area are going to get displaced and killed when they resist. There have been peaceful solutions negotiated over the years, but each side refuses to cooperate. From what I can see, there are still some people who think that it is realistic to see Israel wiped out. There will be no peace as long as people feel that way, and there will be no peace if the international community does not start holding Israel accountable for its heavy handedness.

I take it back, maybe the use of the term genocide is too harsh of a word, i let my emotions run. To me the life of any of my brethern is X1000 thats why.

But I want to note that the issue not as complicated as you might think Kanelli. If you want to assume that the UN resolutions and International arbitration should be the basis of a peacful resolution then here is what is needed for peace:

two states along each other along the 1967 borders and jerusalem a shared capital of the two states (west for Israel, East for Palestine) .. And ofcourse the right of return of the Palestinian refugees.

All these are stipulated by corresponding UN resolutions, however everytime the Palestinians and Israelis go to the negotiating table. Israel tries to say things are impractical and cant be done, blah blah blah. What Israel wants is for the Palestinians to concede to there rights in a time of weakness. We should give up East Jerusalem, we should give up the dismantling of illegal settlments, we should give up the refugees right of return.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 16, 2006
I completely understand how you can be passionate about this topic. I always try to keep that in mind.

It is true, Israel has not been as cooperative as it should. There are probably many Israelis who would be happy with some of the UN solutions, but then there is the extreme group that doesn't want to give up one inch of space or make any concessions.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 16, 2006
Once again your posts are a lil ray of sunshine on these forums K. :)

Anyway I think this poll doesn't really make sense. Peace is our only option. We will never wipe out Israel. Israeli will never pack their things and leave either. As hard as it is, we need to turn the page and focus on ensuring a good future for the next generations. Everyone is failing to see that. Until we do that, we will keep on losing everything, rebuilding, losing everything and so on.
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 16, 2006
i think the second option is useless and illogical.
yeah peace with isreal is very important but only if i have the upper hand.
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 16, 2006
Nick81 wrote:Once again your posts are a lil ray of sunshine on these forums K. :)

Anyway I think this poll doesn't really make sense. Peace is our only option. We will never wipe out Israel. Israeli will never pack their things and leave either. As hard as it is, we need to turn the page and focus on ensuring a good future for the next generations. Everyone is failing to see that. Until we do that, we will keep on losing everything, rebuilding, losing everything and so on.

Nick its admirable that you want to ensure a good future for your children and the coming generations. But i dont see how accepting the gross imbalance of power in the region and accepting to terms dictated by Israel an occupying agressive force just south of you is actually going to get you a safe future for your children. Actually your positions that i have read so far seem to be geared towards a short sighted want of a good life for the current lebanon, and not in the future.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 16, 2006
Great to read your opinions....here is mine....

The main driver of conflict is an imbalance of power in the Middle East. What pisses people off is how Israeli actions are disproportionate to what its surrounding countries are doing. Its on average a 1 Jew to 10 Arab death ratio.

Sure, Hezbullah kidnapped 2 Israeli soldiers which I agree sparked the crisis. Big deal...Israel could have just traded soldiers and had the situation closed, but no, it bombed the Beirut Int Airport and exit highways to Syria so that the civilians suffer, while conveniently justifying bullshit on cnn that terrorist are bringing in ammunition.

The Israeli military policy seems to make Arab civilans suffer 10times to what its own people suffer by destroying city infrastructure, water and power plants. If you think about it, the worst thing you can do to someone is take away their basic means to live.

8 Israelis die in a Hezbullah rocket attacks today, but are you forgetting the almost 100 civilians dead in Lebanon. Again a more or less 1:10 ratio

Only when the Israeli imbalance of power ends in the Middle East will this situation come to a resolve. Only then will there be peace amongst the people there.

And the way things are going, I am guessing its either going to be Arabs or Israels left in this region once this conflict ends. They need a miracle to get along with each other now.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 17, 2006
Corcovado wrote:Please singe the petition and vote on cnn

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast ... index.html

http://julywar.epetitions.net

Gee at the time of my voting 61% of people believe the Israeli response was justified ... how sad that people can believe that.
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jul 17, 2006
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds
Have no fear for atomic energy
Cause none of them can stop the time
How long shall they kill our prophets
While we stand aside and look
Some say it's just a part of it
We've got to fulfill the book

Won't you help to sing, these songs of freedom
Cause all I ever had, redemption songs..................'

This is my West Indian heritage coming to the fore, but I hope it places some hope in your minds................
murphy
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 17, 2006
Nick81 wrote:Once again your posts are a lil ray of sunshine on these forums K. :)

You're right Nick. Sadly the younger generations are only suffering and learning past on hatred from the previous ones. It's time for it to stop and for people to live in peace.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 20, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Arabs nations will never band together, they're too greedy and happy to be in the pockets of other nations.

Correction: arab leaders/dictators/kings ............not nations!
MS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 22, 2006
call me ignorant, pathetic, looser, a retard.
I vote for the wipe out. The israeli's will always be a reason behind fu*ck ups.
easternjewel

Jul 22, 2006
easternjewel wrote:call me ignorant, pathetic, looser, a retard.
I vote for the wipe out. The israeli's will always be a reason behind fu*ck ups.

i hear u.. and i 100 % agree with u
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
were i to see my ppl slaughtered every day, im sure i would wish death to all who r responsable. i would go mad, desperate just like u, also would want revenge and all. these r all human feelings. natural feelings.

but would u be capable of killing a baby, a child? even if he belongs to the enemy...to wipe off means killing the babies too
raidah

Jul 22, 2006
EJ and C, it's sad attitudes like yours that keep wars going in the first place! I would never wish death to anyone! I bet neither of you have ever met an Israeli or a Jew in your life.

Your views are why the human race is failing, I pity you. It's actually people like you with aggressive tendancies who would choose to spread hatred who should be locked up out of harms way, so you cannot poison the minds of those who work for peace.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 22, 2006
This poll does not reflect reality. The issue is NOT about wiping out Israel! Israel's existence is not at risk here. Who is trying to wipe out whom at this very moment? I'm not talking about words I'm talking about ACTIONS; saying that Israel should be eradicated and actually trying to eradicate it are two very different things. Israel has just destroyed another country's infrastructure and economy to the point of collapse, and you're concerned about some wishing death to Israel? Someone has their priorities seriously distorted here.

Ms Kanelli, you seem to pay more attention to some people's wishful thinking and empty threats than to Israeli's bombing campaigns. This defies logic by all means.
freza
Dubai chat master

Jul 22, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:EJ and C, it's sad attitudes like yours that keep wars going in the first place! I would never wish death to anyone! I bet neither of you have ever met an Israeli or a Jew in your life.

Your views are why the human race is failing, I pity you. It's actually people like you with aggressive tendancies who would choose to spread hatred who should be locked up out of harms way, so you cannot poison the minds of those who work for peace.

Aggressive Tendeancies????????????????? us?? try my dear to see ur kids burned to death infront of ur eyes ... try to loose contact with ur parents cos they bombed the mobile stations ... try to live on the streets with ur babies who are crying sick and hungry cos israel destroyed their homes and killed ur husband ...its people like u who makes me loose faith in humanity ... its people like u who are so cold hearted and prefer to stay blind and deaf instead of sympathing with people who are killed everyday for no reason...P.S ur talking about haterd !! i guess u know very well that the ISRAELI KIDS who were signing the missles that killed the innocence in libanon..... WHO HAS THE POISNED MIND NOW??????
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:EJ and C, it's sad attitudes like yours that keep wars going in the first place! I would never wish death to anyone! I bet neither of you have ever met an Israeli or a Jew in your life.

I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately it is very hard to say good things about Israel right now with its exaggerated response to the Hezbollah instigation. My own opinion is in time of strife it makes more sense to speak of ending the violence, rather than speaking of retribution.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 22, 2006
And yet this has been happening in Iraq everyday for the last few years and yet you've said nothing. Interesting that you only voice your opinions when it's happening to you!

I've have never and will never support or condone what Israel is doing. I have always said that the reaction is a terrible one, but that does not justify and eye for an eye. And also you conveniently forget that people are dying on both sides here.

Retaliation is never a solution. For you to lower yourself to that level makes you no better.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums