Rename forum or not ?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes : 7

Sep 25, 2009
^Sense of humour failure?

Ahh - you're not sulking now are you eh-oh? Tell me not! :)

At least ebonics and FD had a sense of humour - I'm sure you may develop one as you mature.

I guess the irony that you choose today to post two long 'cut and paste' Orientalist jobbies in the religion forum (just because I'm asking questions that you refuse to answer) and then accuse me of trolling is lost on you! :)

But that said, I totally agree that our threads are case-book studies of what happens when a troll is engaged - accusation, denial, evidence provided, evidence proves contradictory on further investigation, deflection, denial, attempt to change subject, denial, name calling, cut and paste jobbie in new thread, crying to mommy that 'it's not fair' and he's the troll etc!! :)

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 25, 2009
Orientalist articles? Wow, you're really off your rocker.

To be honest, I didn't bother to read either one of them, but I believe one of the threads about Muhammad was posted by yourself on the other forum - the article written by the Indian professor - K.S Ramakrishna Rao.

But yeah, I totally agree that posting articles about Muhammad you found after trawling through Muslim dawah websites is spam.

Hopefully tomorrow I can find that interview with Montgomery Watt you pasted on the other forum in which Watt said he considered Muhammad a prophet too.

You know, because one dead guy's view of something is tantamount to evidence or something.

After that, I'll try to find the Hans Kung article on Muhammad you pasted on the other forum as well. I think you also linked that article in this forum a week or two ago, actually. So, that shouldn't be too hard to find.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 25, 2009
^ Yep, as I thought - sense of humour failure.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 25, 2009
Speedy, you are erudite and easily self-educatable person. I have always respected you for that. Probably you could have won me but only in another topic. WWII was dramatic but not the brightest page of British history. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 25, 2009
shafique wrote:
melika969 wrote:
Maybe you are right speedy, but I tried to read them sometimes, and in many cases I don't really get the point of discussion!

My exchanges with 'eh' are not discussions - they are really for entertainment purposes and to keep the young lad occupied looking up more references from dodgy websites ;)

Wow! So I m wondering what would you do if it was a serious discussion?!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 25, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Speedy, you are erudite and easily self-educatable person. I have always respected you for that. Probably you could have won me but only in another topic. WWII was dramatic but not the brightest page of British history. :wink:

I'm surprised you are opening this up again. I have a new (2008) documentary film to watch called The Soviet Story. It has won many film fesival awards.

Amogst other things written about it are:

BEING burnt in effigy on the streets of Moscow by nationalist hoodlums must count as a kind of Oscar if you are a Latvian filmmaker whose aim is to expose modern Russia's blindness to the criminal history of the Soviet Union. The ire of Young Russia's protest outside the Latvian embassy this week was directed at Edvins Snore, whose film “Soviet Story” is the most powerful antidote yet to the sanitisation of the past.

The film is gripping, audacious and uncompromising. Though it starts by telling the story of the murder of 7m Ukrainians in 1933, it is no mere catalogue of atrocities. The main aim of the film is to show the close connections—philosophical, political and organisational—between the Nazi and Soviet systems.

+++

The Soviet Story is a 2008 documentary film about Soviet Communism and Soviet-German collaboration before 1941 written and directed by Edvīns Šnore and sponsored by the UEN Group in the European Parliament.

The film features interviews with western and Russian historians such as Norman Davies and Boris Sokolov, Russian writer Viktor Suvorov, Soviet dissident Vladimir Bukovsky, members of the European Parliament and the participants, as well as the victims of Soviet terror.

The film argues that there were close philosophical, political and organizational connections between the Nazi and Soviet systems before and during the early stages of World War II. It highlights the Great Purge as well as the Great Famine, Katyn massacre, Gestapo-NKVD collaboration, Soviet mass deportations and medical experiments in the GULAG.

+++

“The Soviet Story” is a story of an Allied power, which helped the Nazis to fight Jews and which slaughtered its own people on an industrial scale. Assisted by the West, this power triumphed on May 9th, 1945. Its crimes were made taboo, and the complete story of Europe’s most murderous regime has never been told. Until now…

+++

Hardly a glorious chapter in Russian history. ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 25, 2009
Talk about off topic !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 25, 2009
Latvian "filmmaker" are key words. EU like to encorage own new younger brothers. Thanks God they are your BIG head-ache, not ours. They have been like GDR for us for 50 years. My Mum was deputy Minister of Statistics Dept, so the information is very reliable.

If you want to see this propaganda it's your business but it's definitely OFF-topic because the question was not about SU or UK bashing but who really make the biggest contribution to the Victory.

Your point was that without lend-lease Soviet Union couldn't have won Germany. It was highly doubtful question but reply is very simple.

If lend-lease had been so crucial, Britain, nor SU, would have killed most German forces simply because Britain received weapon and goods for 33 billion USD but SU only 10 billion, but the Germany with allies had 90% in lost on Eastern front.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 26, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Talk about off topic !

The original topic is hardly worth talking about beyond 24 hours?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 26, 2009
Red Chief your reply is silly. To try to make a mathematical equation 'Dollars equals bodies' is so crazy that even you must know it. It's not the answer to anything. The awful style of warfare that went on at the Eastern Front and killed millions had nothing at all to do with air and sea battles fought elsewhere all over the world by the Allies that needed huge investment in hardware. Don't try to make things sound so simple.

If USSR didn't need the equipment being offered by powers that Stalin truly hated, why would he have accepted it and put himself in their debt? You are not looking at this matter logically. Example: USSR was trying to supply their troops mostly with horse and cart even in a Russian winter. If you knew anything about warfare you would know that logistics is the most crucial factor, far more even than tactical brilliance and clever strategy.

I'm finished now, I am not going to start again, as I already said. Your use of strange statistics would even make Putin blush!

Also, about the documentary, it's interesting also that you generally use the word propaganda when a view is aired that opposes your own received knowledge. Latvians tell lies, Russians don't, maybe that's your meaning. Anyway, I'll watch it when I have time, and then do some background reading, etc, and form an unbiased opinion. ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 26, 2009
Shafique destroyed a previous good forum with his baiting! Back then I also proposed that Shafique should have his own sub-forum. I hope moderators are paying attention and go forward with this idea, before its too late.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 26, 2009
FD I've seen far too many threads on the politics forum which are nothing more than trolling, flaming and troll baiting. Most of them without Shafique but involving posters like British Arab and others, some now gone.

At least Shafique is capable of rational responses and intellectual process. Hardly the worst contributor here, even if he has a propensity to prod the trolls to an unreasonable degree. ;)

Don't you think anyway that this is just the way that the majority of political and religious threads will go in a public Internet space, sadly. When talking about these two subjects we are talking about beliefs not truths, and talking about their beliefs is just too emotive for many people to handle without losing control.

2 Fils only.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 26, 2009
The only thing the Brits has been always worthy is hiding for another backs. Who was Allies? Who won the sea bottles? Who supplied lend-lease?

It was presumably Americans, not Brits. I heard about Studebeckers, Dodge 3/4 and Willis, but I didn't listened about something that had been made in the UK except canned beckon.

Monty fought against Rommel with his 200 tanks and a bunch senceless Italians a few years. They wasted that huge money that would be close to 500 billions in current prices.
The siege of Singapore was a big joke. I was crying reading how harrison of 100 000 troops (mostly white) protect the city from 30 000 Japs.
I didn't compare but I had a point that you had nothing to reject and of course you suddenly don't want to speak about that.
About cart and horses I also have a point that in agricaltural country it was easy to find hey for them locally then supply trucks by fuel. In blizard winter 1941 another benefit of horses was revealed. Vermacht complaind that they couldn't start their RENAULT trucks dure to low trmperature.
Actually in the end of 1941 it was clear that Germans couldn't succed in blits-crig and in the end of 1942 the war could have been finnished if Russian general had been more skillful but even with such a bad management Red Army encicled near Stalingrad and totally destroyed 500 000 German troops.
Did American supply help to win Germans and save hundreds thousand Russian soldiers? Did British convoys who delivered and protected 20% of this supply help? I replied "Yes" for both questions.
Could Red Army have won Germans without this suply? My reply is is "Yes, they could have" but at much higher price.
Anyway I has been always appreciate the heroism of all Allies. What bloody Latvian and another small nations do 65 yers after the war? They tried to mixed up Nazis and Russians. First of all those losers should pour the same volume of blood as Russians and Alles did to save the World and then probably they will have some voice.
I didn't say that they lied but documentary doesn't mean truth. There are 16 films in English documentary I told you about but only one about Eastern front. Looking those piece of work some people could think that SU didn't participate in the war at all.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 26, 2009
As I said, I am not going to reply any more on this threadbare subject and your very one sided anti-British views. Life is too short. If you actually don't know who was responsible for the destruction of the German fleet operating in the North Sea, Arctic, Mediterranean, and Atlantic Oceans, I suggest you look it up because I have no intention of telling you.

http://www.taphilo.com/history/WWII/Los ... WWII.shtml

Don't expect any more posts from me on this subject, that you can't leave alone.

:roll:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 27, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Anyway, I'll watch it when I have time, and then do some background reading, etc, and form an unbiased opinion. ;)

:D :D Bugger. You didn't see the film but only googled "crap about Soviet Union" as you did regularly. After that you speak about serious discussion? Go and read books. What a nit you are! :D It was alaverdy.

About German fleet are you continue joking? You limited German fleet at very low level in Versal. USA, UK, Japan, France and than Germany. You can speak seriously only about U-boats.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 27, 2009
Stop talking about WWII.

The Latvian film has been recommended to me, idiot. 8) It appears on a lot of wesites.

By the way, nobody needs to Google for crap about SU, there is so much stuff that was done in the Communist Era and hidden away that now lays on the surface like floating turds! :D!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 27, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Stop talking about WWII.
The Latvian film has been recommended to me, idiot. 8) It appears on a lot of wesites.
!

:D :D
Well Well. You didn't google but the film was recomended. It's completely another story. :wink: You didn't see the film but cannot stop shifting mud on me. Very serious partner indeed.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk