Brit Moslim Protest

Topic locked
Brit Moslim Protest Mar 22, 2009
Deva Kumarasiri has paid a heavy price for his patriotism. The Sri-Lankan-born postmaster has been forced to leave his job for refusing to serve customers who couldn't speak decent English. His stance, he said, was partly a matter of principle. Mr Kumarasiri is passionate about his adopted country: he moved to Britain 18 years ago, has taken citizenship, taught his children the words of the National Anthem, and flies the Union flag in his front garden in Nottingham. "It's about making the effort to be part of the community where you have decided to live," he said.

It was also a practical issue – he didn't want the queue grinding to a halt while each customer tried to make themselves understood.

Mr Kumarasiri, who is a Liberal Democrat councillor, feels it is his duty to say these things because the white, native-born Brits no longer dare. This, alas, is perfectly true. Living in east London, I often come across council officials or health workers whose English is so shaky, or so thickly accented, that it is impossible to have a meaningful conversation. But I am far too anxious not to seem rude, let alone racist, ever to complain.

When my son was born, we were visited a few times by a health visitor who spoke at length, in a kind of Bantu-cockney dialect impenetrable to all but the professional linguist, about how to avoid cot death. I nodded in what I hoped were the right places, then looked it up in a book. I have given up trying to get an appointment at the local GPs' clinic because it is too embarrassing trying to make myself understood – repeatedly mouthing my request into the telephone as if it were an elderly dowager's ear trumpet.

It's not just a question of inconvenience; in some jobs, the inability to communicate effectively can be fatal. When my sister gave birth recently, she was attended by a midwife who could not speak English. My sister tried in vain to explain that she had been in labour for four days; that her waters had long since broken; that she knew something was wrong.

The midwife wrote some incomprehensible notes, and failed to pass on any of the relevant information. Both my sister and her baby almost died. Even then, no one was rude enough to complain.

What a crime! Deva should be reinstated immediately & should be gien a promotion too for doing the right thing by the British Govt. It is a pity that the gutless Brits does not realize the value of this man.
Ranjith Ranachandra
on March 22, 2009
at 11:09 AM

Typical of the dire state England is in. A man is fired for being English.

Mr Kumarasiri should be knighted and made prime minister.
Bob Landy
on March 22, 2009
at 09:16 AM
Report this comment

Live here learn the language. It should be law. Good for Deva. However it's too late. Britain is finished. It's now Britainistan. With an army of race lawyers at the ready. I'm not afraid to say so.
Len
on March 22, 2009
at 09:15 AM
Report this comment

Three cheers for Mr Kumarasiri - he should be given an MBE for services to the long-suffering native population of these islands.

It should go without saying that any immigrant intending to live and work in this country should learn English. Unfortunately, the multicultural and racism "profession" much prefer to keep people dependent on them for support so they have a vested interest in providing translation services and encouraging people to continue using their various native languages.

This has been a major contributor to the breakdown in social cohesion and costs the country an absolute fortune in providing linguistic services; in supporting women who cannot function within our society apart from the difficulties expressed in the article about people working whose ability to speak clear English is poor.

It is a dreadful indictment on successive Governments - particularly Labour since 1997 they have not insisted that the flood of immigrants they allowed into the country should all speak English.

Hopefully the Tories will 'see the light' and tell the multicultural/immigration industry that the largesse is about to end: we are stopping the translation services and bending over backwards to communicate with people who can't be bothered to learn English. If immigrants cannot communicate in English, they shouldn't come.
Boudicca
on March 22, 2009
at 09:14 AM
Report this comment

Kumaraswami's comments were racially sidelined.If Kumaran lives in a non-english speaking counntry how would he speak.Even Jade Goody had commented that Bollywood actor Shilpa Shetty did not know to speak English.
Rose
on March 22, 2009
Report this comment

Deva Kumarasiri should be made Prime Minister. If only our Government showed this sort of appreciation for our Country, we might not be in this mess.
Jane S
on March 22, 2009
Report this comment

Thank goodness someone has now had the courage to speak out about this issue. It's outrageous that Mr Kumarasiri has been forced to resign over taking the stance that he did - he is the kind of immigrant that country needs, rather than the all-too-common type that doesn't have the manners to learn anything about the country they have chosen to grace with their presence, let alone the language. I suppose they really haven't got to bother when the authorities are so keen to provide translations of all the benefit forms, and interpreters for everything else.
Jane Roberts
on March 22, 2009
at 09:13 AM
Report this comment

We need to teach spoken English to all including the English.The French protect French .We should protect English, and be unembarrassed about it. It isn't just in person either.One makes phone calls to these days overseas call centres.After a bit one gives up ,but the call has cost money.
No one should be employed in the UK if they cannot communicate in English.
Well said Mr K. A proper stroppy British eccentric.
Birch
on March 22, 2009
at 09:12 AM
Report this comment

This is the lamentable state of our country where most immigrants have no interest in learning English or even learning the job that they're doing. It's simply a better life here.
smudge-r
on March 22, 2009
at 09:11 AM
Report this comment

In the USSR dissidents weer denied employment.
kevin atkinson
on March 21, 2009
at 07:08 PM
Report this comment
Online edition of India's National Newspaper

crusader 1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 23, 2009
Easier said than done brother. In my 33 years here I have yet to see a European or American. who can compose a sentence in Arabic. Forget about the the horrible accent. I know many who have lived here a long long time. So in a way this is their adopted home aswell.

Forget that. How many can pronouce the street names here properly ! Althoghter now how many can say Khalid Ibn Waleed ;)

I've heard about these kinds of things alot but they themselve do the excat same things when they are abroad. How many are disgusted at the fact when some Emaratis say things like If you don't like it, then leave. This is basically the same thing. Moral of story is. Don't throw stones at your neighbours if you yourself live in a glass house !!

The world is getting smaller and you can't stop it and thats a fact. Even the US tried and failed and now spanish and hispanics are slowy becomming a part of US culture. The people who will thrive in such communities are the people who embrace these changes and move on. People who refuse, will be left behind. And btw not all brown skinned people living in the U.K are "Moslims" majority of south asia immigrants are either hindus or sikhs. Don't worry I woudn't expect an ignorant fool like you to know the diffrence anyway.

P.S: Its not Moslim, Moslems, Islamics or Iz'lamists. Its Muslim ;)

P.P.S : You User ID says a lot
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 23, 2009
lol let me get this right the guy wont serve ppl who cant talk properly in english :S lol WTF effing hell this guy is a racist f*(K. f(*Ked up b(((T(*d they should deport him.

the guy seems like he has forgotten his roots. he is trying to become something which he aint i.e a whiteman. i guess he hasnt heard the saying, "be yourself".

either that or he had too much red bull :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 24, 2009
Actually many people spell it Moslem!

And actually it's very difficult to learn Arabic here, because people just won't speak it to you, they insist on speaking English!

RB, good on this guy for trying to get people to integrate! I fully agree with his stance! Otherwise we'll have more immigrant MP's who have to have a translator because they can't be bothered to learn the local language!

In Australia you have to prove you are profficient in written and spoken English, why should the UK be any different!

The way this man has been treated is shameful!

I'm sick and tired of these pricks who think they can make the UK a little India, or Mini Saudi! Piss of back to where you came from!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 24, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Actually many people spell it Moslem!

And actually it's very difficult to learn Arabic here, because people just won't speak it to you, they insist on speaking English!

RB, good on this guy for trying to get people to integrate! I fully agree with his stance! Otherwise we'll have more immigrant MP's who have to have a translator because they can't be bothered to learn the local language!

In Australia you have to prove you are profficient in written and spoken English, why should the UK be any different!

The way this man has been treated is shameful!

I'm sick and tired of these pricks who think they can make the UK a little India, or Mini Saudi! Piss of back to where you came from!

i understand the need for UK to educate its visitors but this guy is not serving anyone who has a funny indian accent :S sorry but thats racist.

p.s yeh you can chuck all of them out of UK but who will be your doctor, ur it consultants, your bus drivers, the list goes on but i guess you get the message ;).

honestly speaking UK is already taken over by the poles :D and they will be ready to do all the dirty jobs which most of the british native ppl arent ready to do. but then again 90% of the poles living in UK are illegal immigrants.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 24, 2009
The Dutch also say you have to prove you are proficient in written and spoken Dutch

You would think these people would happy to learn English because those nice English people use to rule two thirds and they all spoke the English language and so must be one of the most spoken languages on the planet

As they say in England there is no barbed wire fencing a round their shore line...... so they are free to leave unlike some third world countries

Enoch Powell.

He advocated voluntary re-emigration by "generous grants and assistance"
The speech provoked a bit of an outcry among the British public, making Powell one of the most popular politicians in the country, [/quote]
crusader 1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2009
rudeboy:

honestly speaking UK is already taken over by the poles :D and they will be ready to do all the dirty jobs which most of the british native ppl arent ready to do. but then again 90% of the poles living in UK are illegal immigrants.[/quote]

When I put your comments to a few English natives and they said They would have preference to "Polish people" over other persons from the third worlds with there funny ways, dress and their distinct lack of English language and lack of will or wish to inter grate into the good old English society
crusader 1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2009
crusader 1 wrote:The Dutch also say you have to prove you are proficient in written and spoken Dutch

You would think these people would happy to learn English because those nice English people use to rule two thirds and they all spoke the English language and so must be one of the most spoken languages on the planet

As they say in England there is no barbed wire fencing a round their shore line...... so they are free to leave unlike some third world countries

Enoch Powell.

He advocated voluntary re-emigration by "generous grants and assistance"
The speech provoked a bit of an outcry among the British public, making Powell one of the most popular politicians in the country,
[/quote]

i think that ppl should learn english. but its not their fault if they have a funny accent. and if they dont get served because they have a funny accent, thats crap.

p.s would the brits luv it if the arabs told them to learn arabic and then they would consider giving you a visa?

would the dutch luv it if the indians told them to learn hindi and then they would consider giving you a visa?

the fact is england is drifting towards the left side of politics. same for europe. they want to have their own countries with ppl who have blonde hair, blue eyes and white skin. hmmm sounds familiar ppl ;) and this is just the beginning because you will see barbed wires around england soon and maybe a wall too.

p.s i didnt luv it in england and i left :D but hey if you dont like dubai leave it instead of bashing it and go back to england, the same old england, the wonderful england you have left to come to dubai :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 24, 2009
crusader 1 wrote:rudeboy:

honestly speaking UK is already taken over by the poles :D and they will be ready to do all the dirty jobs which most of the british native ppl arent ready to do. but then again 90% of the poles living in UK are illegal immigrants.

When I put your comments to a few English natives and they said They would have preference to "Polish people" over other persons from the third worlds with there funny ways, dress and their distinct lack of English language and lack of will or wish to inter grate into the good old English society[/quote]

1- There is no such thing as the "Third World" anymore. They are called Developing Countries.
2- Poland IS A DEVELOPING COUNTRY!!! The International Monetary Fund classifies Poland in the same category as Somalia and Zimbabwe (the poorest country in the bloody world!)
3- These "third world" countries were the cradles of civilization of this planet and the human race. They had farming, production and law when you had not yet figured out the concept of underwear.
4- If the UAE had a rule similar for that which you ask, there would not be a Brit here because it would take them 10 years to learn the language. Then were would they be? Adding to the ever growing list of unemployed in their country.
5- These people that moron was refusing service to were all bi or trilingual. How many languages does the average caucasian Brit know? Judging by the ones I dealt with when I was there who kept saying things like "more worser than" and "I am joking you": about half a language!
6- Saying cultures have "funny ways" is racist, stupid, ignorant, half-a$$ed and just down right rude. I found the whole excessive pub culture in Britain bad. I found their toilets downright disgusting and I maintain that I have never tasted such bad food in my life. In spite of that, I think British culture has a lot of interesting aspects that other countries can borrow. Saying other cultures have "funny ways" equates to saying I can't understand crap about other people so I am just going to laugh since you see, I am a donkey in a monkey suit.
7- Compared to so many of the countries/cultures you are making fun of, "good old British society" is NOT even old. I am not even getting into the debate of whether it's"good".
8- Donkey of donkeys, have you stopped to consider why all these SE Asian countries are behind the UK now. You colonized them for hundreds of years, stole their natural resources, occupied them without reason and set them back centuries. The backwardness of their culture if it even exists is because of the very country criticizing them. The country that built its industry on the shoulders of the less fortunate world. No one is asking for apologies but at least have the sense to shut up.
9- Get a bloody education before you spout out nonsense
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 25, 2009
dee7o wrote:
crusader 1 wrote:rudeboy:

When I put your comments to a few English natives and they said They would have preference to "Polish people" over other persons from the third worlds with there funny ways, dress and their distinct lack of English language and lack of will or wish to inter grate into the good old English society

1- There is no such thing as the "Third World" anymore. They are called Developing Countries.
2- Poland IS A DEVELOPING COUNTRY!!! The International Monetary Fund classifies Poland in the same category as Somalia and Zimbabwe (the poorest country in the bloody world!)
3- These "third world" countries were the cradles of civilization of this planet and the human race. They had farming, production and law when you had not yet figured out the concept of underwear.
4- If the UAE had a rule similar for that which you ask, there would not be a Brit here because it would take them 10 years to learn the language. Then were would they be? Adding to the ever growing list of unemployed in their country.
5- These people that moron was refusing service to were all bi or trilingual. How many languages does the average caucasian Brit know? Judging by the ones I dealt with when I was there who kept saying things like "more worser than" and "I am joking you": about half a language!
6- Saying cultures have "funny ways" is racist, stupid, ignorant, half-a$$ed and just down right rude. I found the whole excessive pub culture in Britain bad. I found their toilets downright disgusting and I maintain that I have never tasted such bad food in my life. In spite of that, I think British culture has a lot of interesting aspects that other countries can borrow. Saying other cultures have "funny ways" equates to saying I can't understand crap about other people so I am just going to laugh since you see, I am a donkey in a monkey suit.
7- Compared to so many of the countries/cultures you are making fun of, "good old British society" is NOT even old. I am not even getting into the debate of whether it's"good".
8- Donkey of donkeys, have you stopped to consider why all these SE Asian countries are behind the UK now. You colonized them for hundreds of years, stole their natural resources, occupied them without reason and set them back centuries. The backwardness of their culture if it even exists is because of the very country criticizing them. The country that built its industry on the shoulders of the less fortunate world. No one is asking for apologies but at least have the sense to shut up.
9- Get a bloody education before you spout out nonsense[/quote]

honestly i wish uk goes ahead with their english learning and speaking program. maybe uae will follow them and come up with the arabic learning and speaking program themselves :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 25, 2009
If the UAE had a rule similar for that which you ask, there would not be a Brit here because it would take them 10 years to learn the language. Then were would they be? Adding to the ever growing list of unemployed in their country.

Was it not the BRITISH who brought all the waring tribes in the third world
Opps the middle east to geather to make the uae
crusader 1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 25, 2009
crusader 1 wrote:If the UAE had a rule similar for that which you ask, there would not be a Brit here because it would take them 10 years to learn the language. Then were would they be? Adding to the ever growing list of unemployed in their country.

And you are talking to me about the importance of English?
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 25, 2009
crusader 1 wrote:If the UAE had a rule similar for that which you ask, there would not be a Brit here because it would take them 10 years to learn the language. Then were would they be? Adding to the ever growing list of unemployed in their country.

yeh they were also responsible for giving the jews their own country. and look what the jews are up to in the middle east.

they didnt come to unite the arabs they came for the oil :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:I'm sick and tired of these pricks who think they can make the UK a little India, or Mini Saudi! Piss of back to where you came from!

Choc thats just plain dumb @ss. Isn't it the same thing when said by a Emarati here gets everyones panties in a twist. I think gem will come in use in future debates 8)
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 26, 2009
For one the Pols are bloody hard workers - they EARN their living, they don't just come in and sponge off the state - off ME actually! That's the problem most of us have with immigration, is that the majority of people refuse to integrate, refuse to work and refuse to contribute! These people I have zero tolerance for! Those whoi wish to work, to fit and and to contribute, then come on in!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 26, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:For one the Pols are bloody hard workers - they EARN their living, they don't just come in and sponge off the state - off ME actually! That's the problem most of us have with immigration, is that the majority of people refuse to integrate, refuse to work and refuse to contribute! These people I have zero tolerance for! Those whoi wish to work, to fit and and to contribute, then come on in!

So you have integrated into UAE culture? Heck I am an Arab and I haven't. Not every immigration model has to be a melting pot. I was in Canada and in the States. In Canada they expect you to bring your culture with you because they believe the multicultural model enriches the country. In the US you are expected to leave all you know behind and embrace Americanism: the model that boasts the highest obesity rates in the world. Guess what, no one has tried to blow up anything in Canada and there is minimal crime. On the other hand in the USA........well you know.

Besides if you want to discuss work ethic vs compensation models I can direct you to like 30 people I know who were working here and making ridiculous wages they did not deserve simply because they had European/North American passports. Now with this recession, so many of these people have been let off their jobs. "Terminated For Reasons of Efficiency". That's even worse than redundancy.

And regarding "refusing to work". How many Asians SE or FE have you heard of who are on welfare in Western Countries? How about you compare that to the rate of native Caucasians in those places? Who are the tax payers dishing out their money to feed/clothe/home? Asians or "native people" who aren't even really native in many cases (not talking about the UK here).
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 26, 2009
Sorry double post!
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 26, 2009
british natives back in england like to drink and get drunk :D got nothing else to do. hmmm i guess all the best british peeps are out of uk ey chocs ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2009
[quote="rudeboy"]

yeh they were also responsible for giving the jews their own country. and look what the jews are up to in the middle east.

Please, please tell me your not trying to blame the "JEWS the chosen ones" for your problems now, are you ?
crusader 1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 27, 2009
crusader 1 wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Please, please tell me your not trying to blame the "JEWS the chosen ones" for your problems now, are you ?

What are you making a case for? That the British Empire was not only responsible for robbing half the planet, but that they also assisted in robberies carried out by parties other than themselves? Are you arguing for or against yourself? Or do you not know the difference? and what's the deal with capitalizing the word Jews? Also, do you not know the difference between Muslim and Asian or Jewish and Israeli? How old are you? Seriously
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 28, 2009
rudeboy wrote:british natives back in england like to drink and get drunk :D got nothing else to do. hmmm i guess all the best british peeps are out of uk ey chocs ;)

Stop stereotyping, not everyone is like that I'll have you know. I personally can't stand hanging out with people who have nothing better to do than drink all the time. I have far more productive things to be doing in life, as have my friends!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 28, 2009
dee7o wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:For one the Pols are bloody hard workers - they EARN their living, they don't just come in and sponge off the state - off ME actually! That's the problem most of us have with immigration, is that the majority of people refuse to integrate, refuse to work and refuse to contribute! These people I have zero tolerance for! Those whoi wish to work, to fit and and to contribute, then come on in!

So you have integrated into UAE culture? Heck I am an Arab and I haven't. Not every immigration model has to be a melting pot. I was in Canada and in the States. In Canada they expect you to bring your culture with you because they believe the multicultural model enriches the country. In the US you are expected to leave all you know behind and embrace Americanism: the model that boasts the highest obesity rates in the world. Guess what, no one has tried to blow up anything in Canada and there is minimal crime. On the other hand in the USA........well you know.

Besides if you want to discuss work ethic vs compensation models I can direct you to like 30 people I know who were working here and making ridiculous wages they did not deserve simply because they had European/North American passports. Now with this recession, so many of these people have been let off their jobs. "Terminated For Reasons of Efficiency". That's even worse than redundancy.

And regarding "refusing to work". How many Asians SE or FE have you heard of who are on welfare in Western Countries? How about you compare that to the rate of native Caucasians in those places? Who are the tax payers dishing out their money to feed/clothe/home? Asians or "native people" who aren't even really native in many cases (not talking about the UK here).

A comment about welfare. The differences aren't about race, but more about background and circumstances. In Europe there are a lot of foreign nationals living in other EU countries and sponging off the welfare. They may be Caucasian, but it isn't their skin colour or genetics that predisposes them to this, but the fact that they are used to a social system supporting them in their home country in many cases and don't want to work if they will make less money than the support they get. Then you take the case of people from other countries without social support systems they do work much harder because that is what they know for survival. Some groups have better networking for helping others work, and in some countries like Canada, there are rules about landed immigrants going on welfare. (Their sponsor is then liable for paying back all money the person/people take from welfare.)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 28, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:
rudeboy wrote:british natives back in england like to drink and get drunk :D got nothing else to do. hmmm i guess all the best british peeps are out of uk ey chocs ;)

Stop stereotyping, not everyone is like that I'll have you know. I personally can't stand hanging out with people who have nothing better to do than drink all the time. I have far more productive things to be doing in life, as have my friends!

I agree stereotyping sucks. But can you please explain to me how saying that poles are "hard workers" and that Asians "refuse to integrate into culture" is not stereotyping?
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 28, 2009
kanelli wrote:
dee7o wrote:

A comment about welfare. The differences aren't about race, but more about background and circumstances. In Europe there are a lot of foreign nationals living in other EU countries and sponging off the welfare. They may be Caucasian, but it isn't their skin colour or genetics that predisposes them to this, but the fact that they are used to a social system supporting them in their home country in many cases and don't want to work if they will make less money than the support they get. Then you take the case of people from other countries without social support systems they do work much harder because that is what they know for survival. Some groups have better networking for helping others work, and in some countries like Canada, there are rules about landed immigrants going on welfare. (Their sponsor is then liable for paying back all money the person/people take from welfare.)

Reasons aside (because they don't matter to the end result), who usually costs tax payers more? Immigrants from developing countries or those from the developed world?
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 29, 2009
Well, don't have any stats on that, but likely immigrants from developed countries - based on observations mentioned in my previous post.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 29, 2009
england is made up of illegal immigrants. chuck them out and what will you have? who will become your taxi drivers? bus drivers? shop workers? cleaners? etc?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2009
We need to be a little smarter than that and look at our own country a little closer, not jump with a common spirit..
here are few facts about the UK;
In 2005 a study revealed that 2000 doctors were not allowed to work because of the asylum procedures; majority of those professionals were Algerians
The Natural History Museum is one of the world’s major research centre and some 8% of scientists are foreign origin
16% of NHS doctors are Indian
Those people drive buses, taxis, and the cleaners are well integrated to the society trying to earn a living instead of sponging the system
So not all are illegal, and not all unskilled
BB
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 02, 2009
In the UK –fallowed France/Germany in 01, Netherlands 02- as a means of integrating into the society, any one applying for naturalization since 04 takes part in language and citizenship testing and required to have the sufficient knowledge of the British society.

rch
BB
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 02, 2009
BB wrote:In the UK –fallowed France/Germany in 01, Netherlands 02- as a means of integrating into the society, any one applying for naturalization since 04 takes part in language and citizenship testing and required to have the sufficient knowledge of the British society.

rch

hmmm 2001. is nt that when 9/11 happened? i guess the left "facists" politicians across europe saw 9/11 to release laws similiar to Hitlers Germany.

i wonder whats next

PLZ no beards allowed :D. PLZ no mentioning of the word "jihad". PLZ your women and your daugthers will not wear the hijab instead we prefer to see them in small skirts :D.

piece of advice to muslims living across europe. get out while you can. obama has just started.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2009
dee7o wrote:

So, you go to America and the mentality is for you to become obese? Obesity is not a requirement to live in the US. Other countries are addressing the problem of obesity, such as the UK and the UAE.

FYI, illegal immigrants are not entitled to welfare in the US, but they are the biggest offenders when it comes to medical and education. When illegals have children these children are entitled to a free education even though their parents don't pay into the tax system. The American taxpayer gets the bill. Even children who are in the US illegally get the benefit of an education up to grade 12.

When they go to clinics or hospitals and they are treated they skip on the bill so the hospital has to "eat it". If the hospital or clinic has a sliding scale payment, they claim they don't have money. People who hold the green card or passport bring their parents to the US on a visit visa and guess what! the parent needs surgery. They already know what hospital they are going to bring them to to have the surgery, because they did their homework before the parent came and found which hospital has sliding scale payments and then claim they have no money, so the surgery is free. After the surgery they put the parent back on the plane and send them home.

Illegals in the US contribute nothing to the country or economy. Most of the money they earn goes back to their country of origin and they pay no taxes. Granted they take jobs that many wouldn't, but that doesn't entitle them to live off the taxpayer and contribute nothing back into the economy.

And if the government catches up with them they want to stay in the US because their children are US citizens. Well, I say they should ALL go back to their native country and when the kids are old enough they can return to the US and become productive citizens.

Illegals and legal immigrants know how to work the system in the country they reside in and it doesn't matter what country they came from. [/b]
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk