MUSLIM PROTEST??? WTF

Topic locked
Mar 16, 2009
RobbyG wrote:You see things with a bias. Most news agencies have passed that stage long ago as people need independant reporting. The only government regulated news agencies are in countries that are dictatorial, or simply funded by sovereign wealth funds or private investors with some sort of religious or other group interest like Republicans and Democrats in the US.

BBC is a proper network. Independantcy is a reporters grace. If he loses that, he loses his indentity. And they know it.

Are you really claiming that most news agencies are not biased? Everyone has a bias. Even the BBC, often cited by the more educated newsreaders as being unbiased, will occasionally produce slanted material. Nobody's perfect.

Also, from what I recall reading about it, the BBC has pretty strong ties to the UK government. It's not actually "government-regulated" though.

gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 16, 2009
Offcourse everybody makes mistakes. I'm not saying news agencies around the world are perfect.

But every self respecting reporter makes sure he does honest reporting. If they don't, it will come out in talkshows and other political discussion boards/forums/shows.

Its the way things work. Everbody gets the benefit of the doubt. But if you screw it, you get a tag on your head. A reporter is extra sensitive to that.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 17, 2009
i still didnt get my answer. as to why is the media giving them a huge coverage if they did a wrong thing?? is nt the media just making the situation worse by making sure that these ppl are heard?? thus resulting in racial tension in uk..
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 17, 2009
rudeboy wrote:i still didnt get my answer. as to why is the media giving them a huge coverage if they did a wrong thing?? is nt the media just making the situation worse by making sure that these ppl are heard?? thus resulting in racial tension in uk..

Media doesnt decide whether someone is right or wrong. Like I said before, the role of the media (thus the reporters) is to cover and highlight every angle of a certain subject. The best reporters come up with the most broad coverage on a subject.

Its not the role of Western media to judge those people. They deliver material so WE (the people) can judge ourselves.
If media was biased, I wouldn't watch them as it f@cks up your open mind. I wouldn't want to get a bias on things like that. And many sane brains would agree with me that this is the role of true independant reporting.

Can't make it any clear for you without repeating myself. ;)
RobbyG

Mar 17, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
BlackburnRovers wrote:
RobbyG wrote:The soldiers already had their share of war. Now they come home and want a fair welcome.

So they killed innocent people like cowards, and now they want a welcome for being murderers? Some people have a screwed up way of thinking.....

Nonsense.

1 to maybe 5 percent of soldiers commits inhumane actions.
Your opinion is not representing the majority of soldiers that actually do a good job and fight the bad guys and rebuild a community. ;)

REBUILD??!?!?! What the hell did they rebuild?!?!?! Have u been to Iraq recently????
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 17, 2009
Easy easy, I just followed the offical statements.

As for Afghanistan, the Brits and Dutch have actually rebuild schools and roads. In Iraq, I wouldn't know until I dive in deeper, which I won't for now if you don't mind.

;)
RobbyG

Mar 17, 2009
Afghanistan I can understand because they started from zero anyway after Taliban. Placing a tree stump in the correct place would qualify as rebuilding
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 18, 2009
dee7o wrote:Afghanistan I can understand because they started from zero anyway after Taliban. Placing a tree stump in the correct place would qualify as rebuilding

nothing is being build there. taliban keep on coming back.

iraq yes something is happening there. oil refineries are back in operation. hospitals are up and running. jobs coming up in iraq but bombings still go on.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk