MUSLIM PROTEST??? WTF

Topic locked
MUSLIM PROTEST??? WTF Mar 13, 2009
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/mar/1 ... r-protests

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 884941.ece

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... ficer.html

Muslim protest hmmmm just have a look at the 3 links above. look at the words MUSLIM PROTEST.

so when white ppl protest about something y dont the newspapers write "christians protest" or "catholic protest"?

secondly cant muslims protest?it was a "PEACEFUL" protest yet the media is making a huge fuss out of it. why? just shows how hell bent the media is on potraying and creating antisemitism feelings against the muslim communitiy not just in UK but worldwide.

in england theres something known as freedom of speech. these bunch of guys were expressing their views and their feelings about the war in Iraq and throughtout UK the media has potrayed them as "criminals". :S sorry but are they saying that MUSLIMS cant protest anymore?

lol i guess they will come up with a law soon banning muslims from protesting and if they ignore they will be put in jail. hell if they are lucky they might even be sent to Gautanamo :D lol

WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO???

rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2009
so much for the " free world "
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 13, 2009
Ahh the biased views again;

Consider this for instance: Have you ever heard of 'respect' for Western cultures? The UK soldiers deserve their honouring and not stone throwing fractions (happen to be muslims) that try to stir things up.
The soldiers already had their share of war. Now they come home and want a fair welcome. Not harassment of splinter cells or crazy groups of anti-war fascists, whatever groups there are around Luton, UK.

What if the UAE army came back from war and some group of Western antiwar groups (doesn't matter if it are catholics, christians or atheist groups) want to disturb your parade... I wonder what the UAE police/swat teams would do... definately not allowing that to happen out of respect for its warriors.

Show some respect I would say and protest peacefully. Not becoming violent like these groups (reported, so doesnt have to be true) were doing.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 14, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Ahh the biased views again;

Consider this for instance: Have you ever heard of 'respect' for Western cultures? The UK soldiers deserve their honouring and not stone throwing fractions (happen to be muslims) that try to stir things up.
The soldiers already had their share of war. Now they come home and want a fair welcome. Not harassment of splinter cells or crazy groups of anti-war fascists, whatever groups there are around Luton, UK.

What if the UAE army came back from war and some group of Western antiwar groups (doesn't matter if it are catholics, christians or atheist groups) want to disturb your parade... I wonder what the UAE police/swat teams would do... definately not allowing that to happen out of respect for its warriors.

Show some respect I would say and protest peacefully. Not becoming violent like these groups (reported, so doesnt have to be true) were doing.

first of all they did protest peacefully. in fact some native "british" ppl got really upset and decide to take the law into their own hands.

I do not condone this group who were protesting. they protested peacefully and what they were protesting against were the atrocities and war criminal acts being carried out british and usa forces in iraq. These acts are being investigated by the british government and please do not say that atrocities in Iraq by UK Forces are not carried out.

so would you show your respect to someone who probably raped and killed an innocent woman in iraq? war is a dirty business and war crimes go in every war. are you telling me that those who returned to UK are perfectly clean???????? plz. no1 in the world is perfect.

i would show my respect to UAE Army knowing they were fighting a war that made sense and provided they didnt carry out any atrocities.

these newspapers are just creating anti semitic feelings against islam and muslims and i am afraid that muslims world wide will be a target. well they already are so what more could they wish for :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 14, 2009
The problem is that when a normal person kills a child or innocent woman or man in a normal country, he is considered a criminal.

What happened in Iraq is that soldiers doing the same thing (killing innocents) are considered heroes inspite of the fact that they are nothing more than criminals . That riled a few people up.
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 14, 2009
RobbyG wrote:The soldiers already had their share of war. Now they come home and want a fair welcome.

So they killed innocent people like cowards, and now they want a welcome for being murderers? Some people have a screwed up way of thinking.....
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 14, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:
RobbyG wrote:The soldiers already had their share of war. Now they come home and want a fair welcome.

So they killed innocent people like cowards, and now they want a welcome for being murderers? Some people have a screwed up way of thinking.....

Nonsense.

1 to maybe 5 percent of soldiers commits inhumane actions.
Your opinion is not representing the majority of soldiers that actually do a good job and fight the bad guys and rebuild a community. ;)
RobbyG

Mar 14, 2009
I condone this group who were protesting.and These acts were investigated by the british government and atrocities in Iraq by UK Forces are not carried out.
crusader 1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 14, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
BlackburnRovers wrote:

Nonsense.

Your opinion is not representing the majority of soldiers that actually do a good job and fight the bad guys and rebuild a community. ;)

good to see that you admit that 1 to 5 percent committed inhumane actions.

have these 1 to 5 percent been brought to justice?

and this is exactly what those group of "muslims" were protesting about.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 14, 2009
Those protesters should get their citizinship revoked.

These protesters and people like Lord Ahmed drive UK people into the arms of BNP, which isnot a good thing.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 14, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
BlackburnRovers wrote:

Nonsense.

good to see that you admit that 1 to 5 percent committed inhumane actions.

have these 1 to 5 percent been brought to justice?

and this is exactly what those group of "muslims" were protesting about.

They have better results signing a protest petition and deliver it at the Justice department rather than spoiling the homecoming of 95 percent of soldiers that earn a relief after months, some years of battle.

Selfish people those war protesters (doesn't matter which party or group they're representing)
RobbyG

Mar 14, 2009
crusader 1 wrote:I condone this group who were protesting.and These acts were investigated by the british government and atrocities in Iraq by UK Forces are not carried out.

in all wars atrocities are carried out. lately in UK a suspected al qaeda member who has been in guantanamo for the last 6 years has revelaed how MI5 and CIA and ISI used torture on him. yep the government will investigate it but the fact is no1 will be brought to justice because it is one "muslims" words against anothers.

everyone is entitled to their own opinions. but just look at the newspapers and how MUSLIMS is blasted everywhere on the news. the media is making the situation worse and they will certainly create more anti semitism against muslims living in the western world.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... _n11428478

http://www.redorbit.com/news/general/12 ... after_911/

just look at the links below. i cant imagine how uneducated some ppl in the west can be about different cultures and different races and religions.

and such incidents will be repeated because of the media. fine if these bunch of muslims are in the wrong place at the wrong time then why give them MAJOR publicity in the first place? all the major newspapers in UK have them plastered on the main pages. does the UK Media or the western media want to create tension between non muslims and muslims?

you decide you judge.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 14, 2009
Those protesters should get their citizinship revoked.

These protesters and people like Lord Ahmed drive UK people into the arms of BNP, which isnot a good thing.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 14, 2009
Some parties in Europe are positioning against a further influence of Islamic religious behaviour and limitations in Wester free societies. People feel offended by the right of not being able to represent themselves as usual.

Familiar with Geert Wilders? Party for Freedom? He's on tour in the States after UK denied his presence against a possible unrest from muslim community.
The Americans are way more open for discussion as the country is much less affraid of muslim protests. Like I said before (other topic one day); The growing influence of religious Islamic culture is feeling like a threat in the Western world. Some countries have more troubles than other from Sovereign Wealth Funds investing in for example the Netherlands, building mosques and other parties to gain more political ground. Law in the Netherlands, for instance, allows a group of people to form a party and gain political influence as its constituents grow.

This is seen as a threat by parties like Wilders. And they offer their insights on the possible threat on our democracies if this trend continues. Firm language is used, but thats exactly that our nation wakes up on, and America also right now. Then they listen to what is being said. And I'm not saying this is all good all that is been said. But its a process of progress, as long as the discussing continues with all parties involved. Rhetoric is key in politics to gain uproar and to gain ground.

The problem with islamic cultures is that its mostly non-secular and therefore biased towards political and religious influences which do not contribute to a fully democratic and free society where e.g. woman can study freely and drive cars, go out on the streets without a burka/birkini and other limitations that do not fully equal the power of the woman, among much other things....

sigh. Typing my @ss off today :D
RobbyG

Mar 14, 2009
Flying Dutchman wrote:Those protesters should get their citizinship revoked.

lol because they were protesting thats why????? lol what happened to the freedom of speech then????? is the west drifiting to the radical side. will ppl like the Nazis return? your post says alot. anti semitism is returning. next muslims will not be able to grow beards. their daughters wont be able to wear scarfs in school. they will not be able to travel without having to be stopped and search. clap clap ppl of the world. instead of learning from the WW2 and the Nazis, i am afraid to say that we are driftting back to the Nazis era.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 14, 2009
I saw it in my own home country: Muslims cheering and shooting allahu akhbar in the face of parents whose son died in Afghanistan. That has nothing to do with FoS. Yes, those ppl. donot deserve a Dutch passport IMO.

You can protest against the war however you want, thats your right. But the way it is done here is abusive and done exactly to piss ppl. off and to polarize.

FoS is all relative btw, nowhere there is absolute FoS.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 14, 2009
RobbyG
freedom of speech is to say what ever you want regardless the other party likes it or not, you should have an open mind and look at the issue fro their prospective .and you should always stand to what you believe in, or doesn't the freedom of speech applies when it is against what you think is right?

And if you tell ppl how they should protest then it wont be a free world !

RobbyG wrote:Its the democratic vote that counts. And as demonstrated several times, it is you who is minority and showing hatred (or should I say disrespect, I'm not sure yet) against us.

The freedom of speech selects us for this forum, so its you who has to obey the laws of virtual conferencing. Have some respect, otherwise leave and join a religious fora that complies to your needs and single-minded opinions.
Showing that you don't have the decency to respect another individual's visions, opinions and culture does make you the underdog here.

Please try to adapt, like we (Westerners) try to (and succeed mostly) to your society for instance, Dubai.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 15, 2009
uaekid wrote:RobbyG
freedom of speech is to say what ever you want regardless the other party likes it or not, you should have an open mind and look at the issue fro their prospective .and you should always stand to what you believe in, or doesn't the freedom of speech applies when it is against what you think is right?

And if you tell ppl how they should protest then it wont be a free world !

RobbyG wrote:Its the democratic vote that counts. And as demonstrated several times, it is you who is minority and showing hatred (or should I say disrespect, I'm not sure yet) against us.

The freedom of speech selects us for this forum, so its you who has to obey the laws of virtual conferencing. Have some respect, otherwise leave and join a religious fora that complies to your needs and single-minded opinions.
Showing that you don't have the decency to respect another individual's visions, opinions and culture does make you the underdog here.

Please try to adapt, like we (Westerners) try to (and succeed mostly) to your society for instance, Dubai.

Sure, you can protest all day long in my world. But that doesn't always grant succes and respect.
But do it with a bit of decency. Don't disturb hardworking people and do it with a diplomatic effort.

If stones are to be thrown or jackets to be pulled its over. Call in the crowd controllers ;)

Thats not peacefull and most of all not really free. Its forcefull.
RobbyG

Mar 15, 2009
Not the point really! If I were to protest at the rantings of a mad imam preaching hatred outside a mosque in the UK 'I' would be arrested for breach of the peace.

Yet these morons get away with it!

Luckily the ex-chief of police - who yes happens to be muslim - has called for them to be arrested and charged with racial hatred and incitiment! Good for him!

Sorry but I'm gonna have the 'local' opinion on this one, if you don't like my country or the way it works and you can't fit in, then f*** off back to where you came from!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 15, 2009
That's really sad. I can't believe people here are actually calling for these people to be arrested. As biased and inflammatory as those articles were, there wasn't even a mention of the actual protesters becoming violent. Freedom of speech trumps the "freedom" to not be offended. So sorry that any of you are offended but that's part of the beauty of freedom of speech.

As far as I can tell, these protesters were properly exercising their rights. People are being way too quick to try and silence things that they don't agree with.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 15, 2009
Excuse me did you not read anything I said! We have to put up with hate mongerers calling for 'our' people in 'our' country to be murdered! If we protested that 'we' would be arrested.

These immigrants have more rights than we do in our own bloody country!

Thrtow them out is what I say! No tolerance.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 15, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Excuse me did you not read anything I said! We have to put up with hate mongerers calling for 'our' people in 'our' country to be murdered! If we protested that 'we' would be arrested.

These immigrants have more rights than we do in our own bloody country!

Thrtow them out is what I say! No tolerance.

Yes, I did read it. And it doesn't make any sense. You wouldn't be arrested for protesting against someone calling for anyone's death and you know it. Not unless you were breaking some other law in the process. The UK has fallen a long way but it's not that far gone yet.

And what you are calling for is exactly what the world doesn't need right now. It's not a black and white issue such that you can lump all immigrants under one blanket statement.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 15, 2009
er it has happened already FYI, on numerous occassions!

People are sick and tired of the double standards. It's time to take the Aussie route, live our way or hit the highway!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 15, 2009
It's clear that you've made your decision so I'll not try and change your mind over it. What I say next is not directed at you but the topic of this thread in general.

It's unfortunate that in this day and age, silly things like nationality, religion (or lack thereof), and race are still getting in our way. It's 2009! We should have developed routine interplanetary travel by now! Instead, the most notable events of this millenium are mostly to do with the rise of the terrorist boogeyman and Yet Another Religious War.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 15, 2009
Flying Dutchman wrote:I saw it in my own home country: Muslims cheering and shooting allahu akhbar in the face of parents whose son died in Afghanistan. That has nothing to do with FoS. Yes, those ppl. donot deserve a Dutch passport IMO.

You can protest against the war however you want, thats your right. But the way it is done here is abusive and done exactly to piss ppl. off and to polarize.

FoS is all relative btw, nowhere there is absolute FoS.

fd please post evidence of muslims cheering and shouting allahu akhbar in the face of the parents whose son died in afghanistan because it is your word against anyone elses. you have no evidence to support your argument so how exactly are we supposed to believe you???

the way it is done? so how exactly were they protesting against the war that pissed some ppl off? it is a protest ofcourse its gonna cheese some ppl off. if i go tommorow and protest against the Dutch role in the afghan war ofcourse millions of dutch ppl are gonna be pissed off with me :S duh.

if i go and protest against ppl who do fox hunting, ofcourse they gonna be cheesed off with me. what matters is the freedom of speech here. and i would like to remind you how the newspapers have classified it as a "MUSLIM" protest :S why dont they classify "protasant" or "catholic" protests in Ireland??

I always did like England because of its freedom of speech. but reading your posts i am afraid to say that most ppl in europe are drifiting into nazi style politics.

i guess the next law in england will be, muslims cant grow a beard. that means that the english government will be labelling muslims. just like the nazis were with the jews when they were told to wear a star and we all know what happened next.

the fact is already some of our rights have been taken away let it be muslims or non-muslims. have you experieneced how hard it is to travel? where they ask you to drop your belt take your shoes off. i mean whats next????

concentration camps in England for muslims and illegal immigrants????????

plz ppl wake up and see whats happening around you. what happened to the jews in the hands was the worst ever crime but dont make it happen again.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 15, 2009
rudeboy wrote:fd please post evidence of muslims cheering and shouting allahu akhbar in the face of the parents whose son died in afghanistan because it is your word against anyone elses. you have no evidence to support your argument so how exactly are we supposed to believe you???

Tell me when you understand Dutch.

if i go tommorow and protest against the Dutch role in the afghan war ofcourse millions of dutch ppl are gonna be pissed off with me :S duh.

And you will have every right to do that. If you stand in front of Afghanistan veterans and shouting "rapists" and "baby-killers" you crossed a line!

I always did like England because of its freedom of speech. but reading your posts i am afraid to say that most ppl in europe are drifiting into nazi style politics.

Really, kinda superficial coming from somebody who expressed his love for Hitler!

i guess the next law in england will be, muslims cant grow a beard. that means that the english government will be labelling muslims. just like the nazis were with the jews when they were told to wear a star and we all know what happened next.

Give me abreak! You want to play the victim card so bad don´t you?

Protesters admit they donot consider themselves British citizens, so why do you get so upset when I say that the UK shouldn´t see them as such?

Abu Abdullah, 30, an IT consultant who came to Britain when he was 7, said he left school at 12 and began “Islamic studies.”

He said: “I live here not as a British citizen but as a Muslim living in Britain. I pay tax and I have the right to speak out, to argue for an alternative way of life.” …
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 16, 2009
your first point is already happenin in uk where a group of ppl protested against a "mad" imam in UK. yet they didnt get arrested. Why? maybe its cos of freedom of speech init ;)

2ndly ex-cheif of police hmmm his title says alot meaning hes probably getting a few quids under the table from the gov to say somethings against these bunch of ppl. i guess he will be giving out many interviews to the Guardian and the Times, saying stuff against Islam just so that he can make a few quids. even though he is a muslim. just shows what some ppl will do to make a few quids ;).

well i do like your country matter of infact it happens to be my country as well :D but honestly if you asked the pakis, the indians, the srilankans, bengalis, polish, czech republic ppl to leave uk would you find native british ppl cleaning up toilets, running corner shops :D, running curry restaurants, running donner kebab vans and doing your house cleaning?

errr BIG PHAT NO. british ppl dont want to do these "dirty" jobs. in fact they like to get drunk, party and take drugs, pop up babies now and then and have single mums looking for a sugar daddy :D if you dont like what i m saying. it is the truth babes. further more its not really YOUR country any more :D

it belongs to the pakis, indians, bengalis, sri lankans, south africans, australians, chinese, koreans and africans etc. so dont really see why you complaining. oh yeh they all pay tax just like you and everyone else so i really dont see whats the point telling them to f"k off :D

but you should be proud because UK has freedom of speech which makes it a good country in my books ;).

p.s i would say that if you dont like the "islamic" country you live in rite now. pack your bags and "£$% off to. but hey being a GOOD muslim ;) i really know how to treat a lady like u and i wouldnt really swear at ya ;)

by the way do you like curry, kebabs etc :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 16, 2009
Flying Dutchman wrote:
rudeboy wrote:fd please post evidence of muslims cheering and shouting allahu akhbar in the face of the parents whose son died in afghanistan because it is your word against anyone elses. you have no evidence to support your argument so how exactly are we supposed to believe you???

Tell me when you understand Dutch.

if i go tommorow and protest against the Dutch role in the afghan war ofcourse millions of dutch ppl are gonna be pissed off with me :S duh.

And you will have every right to do that. If you stand in front of Afghanistan veterans and shouting "rapists" and "baby-killers" you crossed a line!

Really, kinda superficial coming from somebody who expressed his love for Hitler!

Give me abreak! You want to play the victim card so bad don´t you?

Protesters admit they donot consider themselves British citizens, so why do you get so upset when I say that the UK shouldn´t see them as such?

Abu Abdullah, 30, an IT consultant who came to Britain when he was 7, said he left school at 12 and began “Islamic studies.”

He said: “I live here not as a British citizen but as a Muslim living in Britain. I pay tax and I have the right to speak out, to argue for an alternative way of life.” …

fine i wont argue with you. i ll say you are correct. yes you, robbie and chocs are correct in saying that these bunch of ppl shouldnt have protested. instead they should have shown their respect to the members of army who risked their lives fighting for their country in a foreign war.

but you mind telling me why is this a "muslim" protest? do you see me and 5 million other muslims in UK protesting? so why is it that the media is potraying this protest as a muslim thing, a thing which is supported by all muslims? when in fact it isnt.

i am afriad that because of the media antisemitism against muslims will rise.

also if these bunch of ppl were wrong in protesting why is the media giving them coverage? why not completly ignore them and write about something useful? obviously media has its own agenda.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7936332.stm why isnt this called a "catholic" or a "protesant" protest???
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 16, 2009
rudeboy wrote:fine i wont argue with you. i ll say you are correct. yes you, robbie and chocs are correct in saying that these bunch of ppl shouldnt have protested. instead they should have shown their respect to the members of army who risked their lives fighting for their country in a foreign war.

but you mind telling me why is this a "muslim" protest? do you see me and 5 million other muslims in UK protesting? so why is it that the media is potraying this protest as a muslim thing, a thing which is supported by all muslims? when in fact it isnt.

In part because muslims are the ones that feel attacked in their region. And they are partly right. Every war in a muslim region of the world is nowadays considered to be a legitimate reason for anti Western protests by certain groups. Fortunately not you. But you are not alone. Fractions are everywhere. Some peaceful, some forceful, some suicidal. And they always find a reason that is mixed in hatred with the West backing the Jewish cause.

i am afriad that because of the media antisemitism against muslims will rise.

also if these bunch of ppl were wrong in protesting why is the media giving them coverage? why not completly ignore them and write about something useful? obviously media has its own agenda.

Your process of thinking is not fair. Most media in Europe incl the US CNN are the most open news broadcasters in the world. All aspects of 'the issue' are covered as long as it is safe for these reporters. Israel doesn't allow them in Gaza during attacks. So simple to say, the reporters can't cover it properly. That gives a single sided viewpoint. However, its not a problem of biased reporting. Its of safety guarantees and simple laws even a reporter must obide by.
With regards to this Luton protest; Its simple investigation of involved parties and reporting. If correction need to be made, they will follow one way or the other. Be court appeal for instance if those complaints are founded.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7936332.stm why isnt this called a "catholic" or a "protesant" protest???

You see things with a bias. Most news agencies have passed that stage long ago as people need independant reporting. The only government regulated news agencies are in countries that are dictatorial, or simply funded by sovereign wealth funds or private investors with some sort of religious or other group interest like Republicans and Democrats in the US.

BBC is a proper network. Independantcy is a reporters grace. If he loses that, he loses his indentity. And they know it.
RobbyG

Mar 16, 2009
RB, Sadly half these people bloody well don't pay taxes or contribute to society! People like me are paying for them! They justy waltz in, sponge off the government, take the free health care, then sit and moan and complain.

I have no problem what so ever with people who contribute and integrate into the local society, but sadly many just refuse to, it's these people I have the problem with, so like I said if you can't fit in and live our way of life - there's the door!

Like the gymnastics club that recently got shut down, because muslim parents didn't want girls mixing with boys - WTF!!! Get over it already! Where the hell do you think you are!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk