Indonesian Buddhist Temples Attacked In Protest

Topic locked
Indonesian Buddhist temples attacked in protest Aug 13, 2012
Sorry, I got to this story before nucleus or shafique...I'm sure.

Some right wing Nazi extremists are attacking Buddhist temples over what's going on in other parts of the world - particularly Myanmar. (Just pretend they're right-wing Nazi extremists, otherwise it might be difficult to muster up any outrage)

But I'll wait with not so baited breath for an article to appear from the sites they rely on with a new snazzy title - "Buddhaphobia unleashed".

(Ok, maybe a little over the top)

Makassar. A rally by the Islamic Defenders Front against the killing of Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar turned violent in Makassar on Friday, as protesters attacked two Buddhist temples in the South Sulawesi capital.

The Islamic Defenders Front (FPI) began the rally after finishing their Friday prayer at Al-Markaz Al-Islami Mosque, forming a convoy and traveling down some of the city’s main streets.

On Jalan Sulawesi, they stopped and threw stones at Kwang Kong Buddhist temple. A few protesters were seen banging the door of the temple with wooden sticks.

The group also went to throw stones at Xian Ma temple, which is a secretariat office for the South Sulawesi branch of the Council of Buddhist Communities (Walubi)

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/fpi ... est/537278

rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk