Alcohol From Ajman & UAQ To Dubai

Topic locked
Re: Alcohol from Ajman & UAQ to Dubai Apr 23, 2010
LOok man i'm trying to be safe for the next visit. No need to be pissed, Just drink beer and Smoke :lol:

PowerMan
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Alcohol from Ajman & UAQ to Dubai Apr 26, 2010
No there is not a huge difference in price between Ajman and UAQ.

Also with regard to apply for a licence, you do not require a letter from your employer, you need your labour contract, but you must have a company signature and stamp on the application form. I know this from when I tried to apply for one last week and was denied. Many companies if they are run by locals will not allow you to have a licence.

So for people like me the booze runs are unavoidable. And don't say 'go drink in a bar' because you all very well know that 'legally' you're supposed to have a licence to do this too!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Alcohol From Ajman & UAQ To Dubai Apr 26, 2010
LOL ! what people won't do for booze, even risk being throw in the slammer and deported !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

desertdudeshj wrote:LOL ! what people won't do for booze, even risk being throw in the slammer and deported !

I think the point here is a very valid one, we are in a country where it is allowed for Non-Muslims to consume Alcohol providing they have a liquor license, however it is a legal requirement to have a stamp and signiture from your Employer on the form, the Employer refuses, what do you then do? I beleive that you should be able to go to the Police and inform them of your Employers refusal, and they should give a waiver on this requirement.
I wonder if anyone has ever tried it?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Well if you look at it this way. Why should one needs an employers permission anyways ? Just as why does one need an employers permission to apply for a driving license ? Doesn't makes sense.
desertdudeshj

Re: Alcohol from Ajman & UAQ to Dubai Apr 30, 2010
Sharjah Alcohol Licences do exist (as of March 2010).
Judging from my serial number, about 2,500 people have one.
To be eligible one either lives OR works in Sharjah.
One needs to go to the Sharjah Police DG, CID building, first floor, room 5.
Mondays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays 08:00 - 13:00 (this is the time the cashier closes, so be there well before then)
Procedure for entry to the building is bureaucractic - just look lost and they will guide one.
One must have a new-style Emirates ID card.
The application form (obtained there) for a new licence (Form 14/1) costs AED 100.
I'll post the cost for a renewal (Form 14/2) in a year's time!
The form is in English, so no need for a typing service.
The licence (at least for the maximum version, of AED 2,900 per month) (14/4) costs AED 700 for a year.
The designed procedure is that one's employer should sign the form, but if you arrive with a No Objection letter from your employer, you can avoid having to make a return visit, so get the licence there and then.
THREE photographs are required, and a copy of your tenancy agreement.
The policeman specifically said that it was permitted to buy from Barracuda.
apowell
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Alcohol from Ajman & UAQ to Dubai May 01, 2010
apowell wrote:Sharjah Alcohol Licences do exist (as of March 2010).
Mondays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays 08:00 - 13:00 (this is the time the cashier closes, so be there well before then)
Procedure for entry to the building is bureaucractic - just look lost and they will guide one.
The application form (obtained there) for a new licence (Form 14/1) costs AED 100.
The licence (at least for the maximum version, of AED 2,900 per month) (14/4) costs AED 700 for a year.
The designed procedure is that one's employer should sign the form, but if you arrive with a No Objection letter from your employer, you can avoid having to make a return visit, so get the licence there and then.

Great information regarding the license, the point about buying from the Barracuda may be correct, however you are not legally entitled to transport it out of UAQ/Ajman because you will not have paid the 30% federal liquor tax.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Alcohol from Ajman & UAQ to Dubai May 11, 2010
apowell wrote:Sharjah Alcohol Licences do exist (as of March 2010).

Hey thanks for the info, but i didnt get it, where and what is Sharjah DG, and if i do get a license does it allow me to transport alcohol from Ajman And UAQ back home to Sharjah. What do i do i the shj police stops m.
What do u do with ur license.
PowerMan
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Alcohol From Ajman & UAQ To Dubai May 11, 2010
Dude this is getting extremely boring now. everything is posted here. READ Only thing left is to to actually drive you there himself.

I think you better do yourself a favour man and get off the drink as clearly its not doing you any favours man.
desertdudeshj

Re: Alcohol from Ajman & UAQ to Dubai May 11, 2010
sage & onion wrote:Great information regarding the license, the point about buying from the Barracuda may be correct, however you are not legally entitled to transport it out of UAQ/Ajman because you will not have paid the 30% federal liquor tax.

I thought if you showed your licence at UAQ/Ajman then you paid the tax. And for Sharjah residents it is then permitted to transport alcohol back home (but not for other emirate residents)?
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Alcohol from Ajman & UAQ to Dubai May 12, 2010
bonk wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Great information regarding the license, the point about buying from the Barracuda may be correct, however you are not legally entitled to transport it out of UAQ/Ajman because you will not have paid the 30% federal liquor tax.

I thought if you showed your licence at UAQ/Ajman then you paid the tax. And for Sharjah residents it is then permitted to transport alcohol back home (but not for other emirate residents)?

Payment of Federal Liquor tax at these locations is not an option, it would also be pointless as the booze is cheaper but not anywhere near 30%.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Alcohol from Ajman & UAQ to Dubai May 12, 2010
If you live and work in Sharjah, its easier to just join the Rugby Club. They have a great bar!

Unfortunately at weekends its full of Sharjah policemen.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: May 29, 2010
:shock:
tone321
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Alcohol From Ajman & UAQ To Dubai Nov 16, 2012
Dubai Knight wrote:If you live and work in Sharjah, its easier to just join the Rugby Club.
Do you also have to Play Rugby to enjoy a glass of wine in the evening? :)
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: Alcohol From Ajman & UAQ To Dubai Nov 27, 2012
I have heard that there is a license for Disabled alcohol,so its make it easy dont worry
batmajd
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Alcohol From Ajman & UAQ To Dubai Apr 04, 2013
Is this topic still relevant to the current situation in Dubai?
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: Alcohol From Ajman & UAQ To Dubai Apr 22, 2013
or be friends with the sheikh
bigboss
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Alcohol From Ajman & UAQ To Dubai May 11, 2013
Folks!

Regardless of religion, Alcohol is dangerous for our health, especially for kidneys. When anything is bad for our health, why adopt it at all? Stay healthy folks, You can't have this life back again just like time
malikmudassar
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Alcohol From Ajman & UAQ To Dubai Jun 02, 2013
MaaaD ,
you are very good and nice options
outdoor9213
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Alcohol From Ajman & UAQ To Dubai Jul 31, 2013
sage & onion , absolutely ......

--- Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:28 pm ---

absolutelly malik "Regardless of religion, Alcohol is dangerous for our health, especially for kidneys. When anything is bad for our health, why adopt it at all? Stay healthy folks, You can't have this life back again just like time"
ameerali19
Dubai Forum User

Re: Alcohol From Ajman & UAQ To Dubai Jan 16, 2015
:D
Dubaicosmsurg1
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Alcohol From Ajman & UAQ To Dubai Mar 16, 2015
bushra21 ,

out of luck??? You mean to say getting liquor belongs to lucky mates? lol

--- Mar 16, 2015 ---

sage & onion ,
"
redmatrice wrote:sage yes i'm and i have an arabic name cuz i'm from morocco , so what do you suggest

Don't drink, it's bad for you Image"

Hahahaha
maximush
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Alcohol From Ajman & UAQ To Dubai Mar 29, 2015
i live in ajman..so no issues :D
maNgA
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Alcohol From Ajman & UAQ To Dubai Jul 15, 2015
sage & onion ,
Yes I'm muslim
sage & onion ,