Alcohol From Ajman & UAQ To Dubai

Topic locked
Re: Alcohol from Ajman & UAQ to Dubai Apr 18, 2010
Ya i knw, but all i want to knw is that if i get an license say from MMI or A&E will it allow me to buy booz from them and transport it back to sharjah or is it just for dubai. and will that license work for just buying it from ajman or UAQ if nt where can i get such a license.

PowerMan
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Alcohol from Ajman & UAQ to Dubai Apr 19, 2010
I assume you can buy booze from where ever you feel like. But transporting it is still illegal.

P.S : You can get a Liq Lic from Sharjah aswell !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

No, i think once you have a license you have the right to purchase it from those legal places eg MMI or A&E (not sure about the shops in Ajman or UAQ) but transporting it to Sharjah where it is dry might be a problem.
Hope i could get more info on that.
PowerMan
Dubai Forum Visitor

PowerMan wrote:No, i think once you have a license you have the right to purchase it from those legal places eg MMI or A&E (not sure about the shops in Ajman or UAQ) but transporting it to Sharjah where it is dry might be a problem.
Hope i could get more info on that.

Why are you so bent on going to Ajman and not Dubai? It seems you are looking to purchase in quantity and need a truck to get it from point A to point B!!!! :lol:

You got snagged by the Bandits because you left a place that is considered, for all intents and purposes, illegal as no license is required. I highly doubt the Bandits are going to monitor those people who make purchases at MMI and A&E seeing as how those buying from there require a license. No license makes for an easy target that's why people without a license that get held up are quick to payoff the Bandit. FYI more than likely they don't work for the government, if they work at all!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora, how are the booze shops 'illegal' if they are owned by the Sheikhs and allowed to operate in the first place - er that's not logical. Of course they are legal operations.

If you have a liqor licence from Dubai, you are allowed to buy from MMI & A&E and transport it to your home - it states that on the back.

You were unlucky to get hit by the bandits, they probably weren't local and defo not anyone in authority. Even if these guys hit you, you do not stop, you get out a camera and sart taking photos or filming, then you watch them run away like the cowards they are.

It's tough as not everyone can get a booze licence, my company certainly won't sign the application for our staff to have one. The funny thing was I went to pick up a form anyway and explained this to the guy at A&E and he said he'd let me buy there anyway without one - go figure.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

PowerMan wrote:Ya i knw, but all i want to knw is that if i get an license say from MMI or A&E will it allow me to buy booz from them and transport it back to sharjah or is it just for dubai. and will that license work for just buying it from ajman or UAQ if nt where can i get such a license.

desertdudeshj wrote:I assume you can buy booze from where ever you feel like. But transporting it is still illegal.

The way I understand it is that you can buy booze in the emirate for which you have a licence and transport it home within that emirate only. Exception is Sharjah residents can buy booze in another emirate if they have a licence since no booze shops in Sharjah.

I don't think UAQ and Ajman booze shops are illegal in themselves - you sometimes see people showing their licence. They just allow people without a licence to buy booze (which is presumably illegal).

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/alcohol-licence.php
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

bonk wrote:
PowerMan wrote:Ya i knw, but all i want to knw is that if i get an license say from MMI or A&E will it allow me to buy booz from them and transport it back to sharjah or is it just for dubai. and will that license work for just buying it from ajman or UAQ if nt where can i get such a license.

desertdudeshj wrote:I assume you can buy booze from where ever you feel like. But transporting it is still illegal.

The way I understand it is that you can buy booze in the emirate for which you have a licence and transport it home within that emirate only. Exception is Sharjah residents can buy booze in another emirate if they have a licence since no booze shops in Sharjah.

I don't think UAQ and Ajman booze shops are illegal in themselves - you sometimes see people showing their licence. They just allow people without a licence to buy booze (which is presumably illegal).

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/alcohol-licence.php

So you mean the dubai license works everywhere from those two companies or what, and how can i get one from sharjah ?
PowerMan
Dubai Forum Visitor

Chocoholic wrote:Bora, how are the booze shops 'illegal' if they are owned by the Sheikhs and allowed to operate in the first place - er that's not logical. Of course they are legal operations.

If you have a liqor licence from Dubai, you are allowed to buy from MMI & A&E and transport it to your home - it states that on the back.

You were unlucky to get hit by the bandits, they probably weren't local and defo not anyone in authority. Even if these guys hit you, you do not stop, you get out a camera and sart taking photos or filming, then you watch them run away like the cowards they are.

It's tough as not everyone can get a booze licence, my company certainly won't sign the application for our staff to have one. The funny thing was I went to pick up a form anyway and explained this to the guy at A&E and he said he'd let me buy there anyway without one - go figure.

Thank you Professor of Law(breaking). I stand corrected as I don't have a license and don't do the booze run. (See how easy it is to admit a wrong Chocs??) I googled barracuda dubai to check your info. (Not that I didn't take your word for it!! :lol:) I defer to the expert on booze.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Ah...Barracuda is in Umm al Quain
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Ah...Barracuda is in Umm al Quain

Yeah I was gonna say that. There are no 'hole in the walls' in Dubai, only MMI's and A&E's which you need to licence to buy from. The ones where you don't need a licence are in Ajman, UAQ and RAK.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

If you have a legal liquor license you are allowed to purchase from a legal Liquor store in Dubai and transport it to your place of residence in Sharjah, you must ensure that you have the receipt to prove that you have paid the Federal Liquor Tax.
The Shops in Ajman and UAQ are only legal in those Emirates, you are most certainly breaking the law if you try to transport to another Emirate. The punishment can be very severe if caught.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Alcohol from Ajman & UAQ to Dubai Apr 20, 2010
Hmmm, pretty intense situation. I guess i have to look for ways where i wont get caught anymore.

Btw, i heard dat the guys in the ajman shop are the ones who have a share on all the loots. Cuz once u park ur car inside they know ur plate # and den dey call da guys on patrol :cry: thats wen our bad luck starts. Dey might note all the plate numbers its da person's luck dat makes him/ her survive the "CATCH"
PowerMan
Dubai Forum Visitor

Guys in this article :
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/gener ... n-1.243179

Ajman police clearly states at the bottom that non-Muslims can purchase alcohol and transport it in any emirate if they have a legal license.

Now do they mean the license from MMI and A&E or liquor license from sharjah or ajman police, i guess the latter two.

Darn this country's law is so messed up, they should give us handbooks about the law so that people would be more careful. AAh if we can get such a license from the police which gives the freedom to buy liquor from ajman and transport it back home then y not do it da legal way. I wish i had a friend in shj police :D
PowerMan
Dubai Forum Visitor

PowerMan wrote:Guys in this article :
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/gener ... n-1.243179

Ajman police clearly states at the bottom that non-Muslims can purchase alcohol and transport it in any emirate if they have a legal license.

Now do they mean the license from MMI and A&E or liquor license from sharjah or ajman police, i guess the latter two.

Darn this country's law is so messed up, they should give us handbooks about the law so that people would be more careful. AAh if we can get such a license from the police which gives the freedom to buy liquor from ajman and transport it back home then y not do it da legal way. I wish i had a friend in shj police :D

This is the statment printed by the Gulf News at the time, and I can assure you that it is absolutely incorrect, as the main reason for having and submitting the Liquor License is so that the 30% Federal Liquor Tax is paid. The reason why these places in Ajman & UAQ are cheaper is that they do not charge the Federal Liquor Tax.

An official at Ajman Police told Gulf News that non-Muslims can buy alcohol for personal use only from outlets in Umm Al Quwain, Ajman, Dubai and Abu Dhabi if they have a liquor licence.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

You guys should consider yourselves lucky that they allow booze in the first place instead of constantly complaing about how difficult it is for you to get sloshed.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:You guys should consider yourselves lucky that they allow booze in the first place instead of constantly complaing about how difficult it is for you to get sloshed.

It's never difficult, you can purchase everything you need in any supermarket to produce Ale & Plonk, it was never a problem in Saudi Arabia.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:You guys should consider yourselves lucky that they allow booze in the first place instead of constantly complaing about how difficult it is for you to get sloshed.

It's never difficult, you can purchase everything you need in any supermarket to produce Ale & Plonk, it was never a problem in Saudi Arabia.

Agreed, my folks were always making moonshine in Saudi.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

PowerMan wrote:Ajman police clearly states at the bottom that non-Muslims can purchase alcohol and transport it in any emirate if they have a legal license.

I would assume Ajman police can only speak for laws in Ajman, not in other emirates. Anyway police statements even within an emirate are contradictory often enough so I'd still be wary about transporting booze across emirates even with a licence. If living in Sharjah with a Sharjah booze licence and buying from Dubai, Ajman, UAQ or RAK then it might be ok.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Police and other offical statements can vary counter to counter even within the department building, so I wouldnt put uch faith into it
desertdudeshj

Chocoholic wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Agreed, my folks were always making moonshine in Saudi.

No offense Chocs, but these little tidbits into your family's illegal activities seems to explain why you have such disregard for laws.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Still no information from where exactly or how would i get an liquor license from sharjah police.
PowerMan
Dubai Forum Visitor

Stupid question but does anyone know the opening hours of the hole in the wall or the Barracuda.
bananaofdubai
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Alcohol from Ajman & UAQ to Dubai Apr 21, 2010
PowerMan wrote:Still no information from where exactly or how would i get an liquor license from sharjah police.

Go to Sharjah Police Station and ask, the following will probably be required as a minimum;

Sharjah Residence Permit
Letter from your Employer
Copy of your Passport Including Visa Page
Copy of your work permit
2 Passport Photo's

If your residence permit is issued in another Emirate such as Dubai or Abu Dhabi, you should go to any of the Licenced Liquor stores and they will submit the application for you.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

bonk wrote:
PowerMan wrote:Ajman police clearly states at the bottom that non-Muslims can purchase alcohol and transport it in any emirate if they have a legal license.

I would assume Ajman police can only speak for laws in Ajman, not in other emirates. Anyway police statements even within an emirate are contradictory often enough so I'd still be wary about transporting booze across emirates even with a licence. If living in Sharjah with a Sharjah booze licence and buying from Dubai, Ajman, UAQ or RAK then it might be ok.

Once again, you can only transport liquor to your home if you have a liquor license and only if you have purchased the liquor and paid the 30% Federal Liquor tax as noted on the receipt that you will be given by the Liquor Shop.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Hmm, i must say , i am a bit hesitant to go to the shj police and ask them "can u give me a liquor license" u never knw wht happens.

Anyways guys where do u all buy ur stock from. Any idea how the shop in Barracuda looks like, i mean can we go inside the shop wid a basket and buy all the stuff we want.
PowerMan
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dude just go to the gazillion bars out here. If you can't afford it then stop drinking, simple.
desertdudeshj

PowerMan wrote:Hmm, i must say , i am a bit hesitant to go to the shj police and ask them "can u give me a liquor license" u never knw wht happens.

Anyways guys where do u all buy ur stock from. Any idea how the shop in Barracuda looks like, i mean can we go inside the shop wid a basket and buy all the stuff we want.

If you are not a Muslim then you are entitled to ask for the details from the Sharjah Police, their will not be a problem, when I worked and was resident in Sharjah I had a Liquor License issued by the Sharjah Police, not a problem.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

is there a huge price difference between ajman and uaq
PowerMan
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Alcohol from Ajman & UAQ to Dubai Apr 22, 2010
PowerMan wrote:is there a huge price difference between ajman and uaq

You are starting to become annoying. :twisted:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Alcohol from Ajman & UAQ to Dubai Apr 22, 2010
I think the dude passed that stage long time back !

Can't have your cake and eat it too.
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai Guide and photosForum Rules

Return to Dubai Guide and photos