Well!
how to obtain a license?
Please tell me :?: 8) :lol:
Mon1018
Dubai Forum Visitor

How..? Aug 14, 2008
I can't believe your case...
It's really fun....
I think practically it's not a critical job....
You have to act like a wise people....

Thanks,

===============
Alex

Alcoholism Treatment
alex45
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 14, 2008
Very funny! :D :D
absolut_

Aug 17, 2008
alright lets ignore the legal issue . did u guys consider the source of alcohol from Ajman or UAQ !!

i am afraid they are fake !

and if yes how can we know if its fake or original any special signs ?

i once made my brithday party in Keva lounge in Bur Dubai.

and man 4 of us throw up after that night . we had some Gold Label and LEVEL vodka

i am 100% sure there is something with the alcohol cause the taste wasn't that strong plus come on all of us suffer from it.

can any one confirm the source please ?

thx
digital
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Oct 09, 2008
You can get the stuff you want from Abu Dhabi and don't have to pass through Sharjah. Given the "ordinary" traffic the trip could take almost the same time or less!!
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 09, 2008
I go to the National Hotel's place in Abu Dhabi, round the back of Carefour on Airport road. From the marina it only takes about a hour, which is probably quicker than going to Barracuda, depending on the traffic.

They never ask for a license. There is a sign up saying credit card purchases must show a license so I always use cash, but probably they wouldn't even ask for one.

It's annoying that I have to go there, considering there is an A&E 5 minutes walk away, but I have an Abu Dhabi residence visa so apparently (according to the A&E guy) I need to get a NOC from the Abu Dhabi police to get a license in Dubai. The thought of going to the cop shop and explaining that makes my head hurt.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Nov 29, 2008
bushra21 wrote:
redmatrice wrote:
bushra21 wrote:but if your muslim...your out of luck :?

How will they know if you're a muslim or not

also by the name

does that mean that a person with EU nationality but with a muslim name will not be issued the licence?
xl
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 10, 2009
i doubt it.
coz AE clearly states you should be a non muslim to get the license.

muyesser wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
redmatrice wrote:
bushra21 wrote:but if your muslim...your out of luck :?

How will they know if you're a muslim or not

also by the name

does that mean that a person with EU nationality but with a muslim name will not be issued the licence?
xl
theinfinitedream
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 14, 2009
go to ajman, its closer.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 21, 2009
Anyone every wondered to start a business as Beer Courier?
Register the company, get a license, invest in storage space and a phone order service.
Delivery at your house with a small premium to cover the costs. :idea1:

No selling to muslims. Responsibility in-line with the UAE ruling.

Call DEBS Now!!! Your safest call to Dubai Expat Booze Service.
You enjoy, we deliver... :salute:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 24, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Anyone every wondered to start a business as Beer Courier?
Register the company, get a license, invest in storage space and a phone order service.
Delivery at your house with a small premium to cover the costs. :idea1:

No selling to muslims. Responsibility in-line with the UAE ruling.

Call DEBS Now!!! Your safest call to Dubai Expat Booze Service.
You enjoy, we deliver... :salute:

lol sounds like an excellent idea, i dont think it would with the laws here though. it means people wont feel like an outcast buying liquor illegaly.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 24, 2009

The service already exists - you occasionally see photos of them in the papers after being arrested.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 24, 2009
bonk wrote:

The service already exists - you occasionally see photos of them in the papers after being arrested.

Damn. Well we Dutchies have other business niches for pioneering purposes. Lets see,...anyone care for an Abortion Centre?? ...Anyone!?

Home grown shop???? No!?.... :roll:
Whorehouses?...or Dike suppletions??...Anyone at all! :lol:

Ok, I get it....back on the leash :twisted: :lol: :wink:
RobbyG

Mar 11, 2009
bonk wrote:

but hey, bzness is still going on, it never stop.

Btw, we usually get our alcoholic stuff (premium liqours, beer even breezers) at Ajman and store it on a mini bar at home (in Shj)!
sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 11, 2009
sweet mary wrote:
bonk wrote:

Btw, we usually get our alcoholic stuff (premium liqours, beer even breezers) at Ajman and store it on a mini bar at home (in Shj)!

I'll be passing by one day, just to sit at your minibar :D:D:D
RobbyG

Mar 18, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
sweet mary wrote:
bonk wrote:

I gave it a thought, but we postponed the open day for dirty dancers applicants! :lol: :lol: :lol:
sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 18, 2009
sweet mary wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
sweet mary wrote:
bonk wrote:

I gave it a thought, but we postponed the open day for dirty dancers applicants! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some say....and I quote:

"That dancer's got a butt worth dumping my boyfriend for." :wink:

Enough said, Daisy. Enough said :lol:
RobbyG

Mar 23, 2009
swinging dirty booty!!! :lol: :lol: wondering wat is it made of that could made some1 dump her bf?! :D

or is Daisy ur PR Manager?!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 23, 2009
sweet mary wrote:swinging dirty booty!!! :lol: :lol: wondering wat is it made of that could made some1 dump her bf?! :D

I oughta know you 8) ...Daisssyy ;)
RobbyG

Mar 24, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
sweet mary wrote:swinging dirty booty!!! :lol: :lol: wondering wat is it made of that could made some1 dump her bf?! :D

I then realized that some is calling me Daissssyyy?!!! what a term of endearment.. hehehe :lol: :lol:
sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 24, 2009
sweet mary wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

I then realized that some1 is calling me Daissssyyy?!!! what a term of endearment.. hehehe :lol: :lol:
sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

May 15, 2009
redmatrice wrote:sage yes i'm and i have an arabic name cuz i'm from morocco , so what do you suggest

Just take the Emirates Road while heading back to Dubai, instead of going through Sharjahs inner city. :D
bushako

Jun 12, 2009
it is terrible
matrixsun
Dubai Forum User

Aug 26, 2009
emirates road should be ok
ewap8
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Alcohol from Ajman & UAQ to Dubai Oct 23, 2009
sage & onion wrote:This is to inform all who may not know the law here in UAE.

Many people like to go to the Hole in the Wall - Ajman or the Baracuda Hotel UAQ from Dubai, to purchase Alcoholic products for personal consumption, thinking that it is OK to do so.

In so doing you have to transport the Alcohol back to Dubai, you must pass through Sharjah. If you have an accident or are pulled over by the Police and the Alcohol is discovered you will be arrested, charged, convicted and deported, Sharjah has ZERO TOLERANCE for this offense.

I have never seen Police to search the cars that are engaged in an accident.
mahmoodb
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Alcohol from Ajman & UAQ to Dubai Apr 18, 2010
It had to be someday, why not today. Well as usual i went to Ajman to get some booz like b4, bought the booz and started drivin, way back to sharjah. But as soon as i passed sharjah womens club's roundabout i met with a slight accident with a lexus.

Inside the car was two dumbFuc* locals. I was literally shaking, cuz it was the first time i got caught. So parked my car near the nearby sheikh's old palace and saw the damage. Noting happned to my fortuner but his lexus look thrashed from the front side.

So one out of two guys said " we cant stay here lets go to Raddison parking" he sat on my car n strtrd to ask questions abt me. Since im 21 he was like how old r u, is it ur car etc.

once we reached the raddison parking, the fat emarati driver came up and said look at my damages. i was abt to cry, (deep inside i knew if police came to see the accident n found out i had booz without lisence i would be jacked for like and deported). so he came to my car where he just touched my rear tyre, there was a slight scratch. Suddenly he opened my trunk which was unnecessary, and saw two black bags.

Thats when he started to blackmail me and started to say since i have booz in the trunk u have to pay me money, b4 he said if police came then i would get six black points. Deep inside i was getting a slight feeling tht da whole thing was planned. but wtf so i told him i had some money on my atm, so i went there with the first guy and paid 3700 dhs. the fat emarati wasnt there. probably he was enjoying the catch of the day and later on came to pick up his buddy from the nearest Emarat station near the womens club.

seriously regret it :cry: :cry: :cry:

So guys i was wondering if i get an lisence from dubai from MMI would it allow me to get booz from there and/or ajman and get away with it in sharjah or anywhere. give me more info on tht.
PowerMan
Dubai Forum Visitor

PowerMan wrote:It had to be someday, why not today. Well as usual i went to Ajman to get some booz like b4, bought the booz and started drivin, way back to sharjah. But as soon as i passed sharjah womens club's roundabout i met with a slight accident with a lexus.

Inside the car was two dumbFuc* locals. I was literally shaking, cuz it was the first time i got caught. So parked my car near the nearby sheikh's old palace and saw the damage. Noting happned to my fortuner but his lexus look thrashed from the front side.

So one out of two guys said " we cant stay here lets go to Raddison parking" he sat on my car n strtrd to ask questions abt me. Since im 21 he was like how old r u, is it ur car etc.

once we reached the raddison parking, the fat emarati driver came up and said look at my damages. i was abt to cry, (deep inside i knew if police came to see the accident n found out i had booz without lisence i would be jacked for like and deported). so he came to my car where he just touched my rear tyre, there was a slight scratch. Suddenly he opened my trunk which was unnecessary, and saw two black bags.

Thats when he started to blackmail me and started to say since i have booz in the trunk u have to pay me money, b4 he said if police came then i would get six black points. Deep inside i was getting a slight feeling tht da whole thing was planned. but wtf so i told him i had some money on my atm, so i went there with the first guy and paid 3700 dhs. the fat emarati wasnt there. probably he was enjoying the catch of the day and later on came to pick up his buddy from the nearest Emarat station near the womens club.

seriously regret it :cry: :cry: :cry:

So guys i was wondering if i get an lisence from dubai from MMI would it allow me to get booz from there and/or ajman and get away with it in sharjah or anywhere. give me more info on tht.

First, that was no accident!! You met the "Barracuda Bandits". These guys have been around for some time now. They hang around the outlets that sell booze and then follow people in their cars - and then they stage an "accident". They have been doing this for some time. I read where they did it to one guy from Dubai and when they went to open the boot of his car he told them it was private property and to stay away. They exchanged words and he told them he was going to call the police. I guess the chance that they would get caught for holding up people caused them to tell him to "forget the accident" and they drove off.

Best thing for you is to get a license. I know alot of people in Sharjah who have a license and purchase alcohol in Dubai. You just need to be discreet when taking it from the car to the apartment/house. Take Spinney or Carrefour plastic bags and put the bottles in them. Given the choice I would say buy your alcohol in Dubai rather than Ajman. Do you live in Sharjah? There are/were two suppliers - MMI and African & Eastern, if it still exists, because I don't recall seeing an outlet of theirs for sometime n(don't have a license). You can use your license in both.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

This day might have been my Bad Luck, cuz it didnt happen before. Dam i didnt even see that car around the booz shop, i remember that i scanned the exit b4 leaving the place. the worst part is that the guys were locals and u cnt argue with them unless u r a local urself. Dam one of the guy told me he was from immigration.

Well i just wanted to knw one thing, if i get a lisence from MMI or A&E would that give me rights to purchase alcohol from ajman and take it to sharjah or its just for MMI use.

if i dnt get a lisence from MMI OR A&E where else cn i get one from and would that give me rights to purchase alcohol from ajman and take it to any emirate.

Dam nuthing happned to my car, i dnt know how his car could have been so bad.
PowerMan
Dubai Forum Visitor

Transportation of Alcohol is illegal, even if you have a license and even in Dubai. One of my buddies spent sometime in the slammer due to this. After an event in the desert he was trasnporting the left over booze back to our company store house in a company car. And the company has a valid license to buy booze upto 50,000dhs on emirates road a truck scraped him ( still in Dubai territory ) Cut to cut it short dude ended up in the slammer and after a lot of string pulling was released.

I was a dumbass, I use to bring in pickup filled to brim with booze to our camps and then take it back aswell ! I was lucky nothing ever happened, needless to say After this incident I stopped !

AFAIK If transporting booze in large quantities. You have to fax the CID with the drivers name, car plate number, destination and intended route. And only licensed establishments can do this
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai Guide and photosForum Rules

Return to Dubai Guide and photos