Flight Delays - Is Anyone Else Suffering?

Topic locked
Flight Delays - Is anyone else suffering? Oct 08, 2006
I've had the most horrendous weekend. I've had to catch 4 different flights and all of them have been delayed. I thought perhaps it was just an Emirates thing, but then this morning my 15 minute Gulf Air flight from Bahrain to Dammam was also delayed and we ended up sitting around on the tarmac for an hour. And this was the shortest delay! Saudi offloaded me on Friday due to a leakage in the fuselage after sitting around for 1 hour on the tarmac and then had the gall to tell me an hour later to take a flight to Dammam via Riyadh (5 hours versus 1.5!!!) In all I've spent 24 of the past 72 hours in an airport/an airplane/in a taxi to the airport.

I've never experienced so many delays before. Anyone else feeling it too?

PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 08, 2006
no
no one else is ----- u are the only one
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Flight Delays - Is anyone else suffering? Oct 08, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:I've had the most horrendous weekend. I've had to catch 4 different flights and all of them have been delayed. I thought perhaps it was just an Emirates thing, but then this morning my 15 minute Gulf Air flight from Bahrain to Dammam was also delayed and we ended up sitting around on the tarmac for an hour. And this was the shortest delay! Saudi offloaded me on Friday due to a leakage in the fuselage after sitting around for 1 hour on the tarmac and then had the gall to tell me an hour later to take a flight to Dammam via Riyadh (5 hours versus 1.5!!!) In all I've spent 24 of the past 72 hours in an airport/an airplane/in a taxi to the airport.

I've never experienced so many delays before. Anyone else feeling it too?

Sorry I had one flight over the weekend, took off on time, landed early - Emirates, what can I say
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 09, 2006
in dubai the biggest problem you have when it comes to delays is dubai airport itself .... there is soo much traffic comin in an out of the airport that planes have to cue for there turn to take off or land sometimes even upto an hour ... so then the passanger think its the airline thats lousy when its jst the airport facillity that cant cope with the high traffic .. plus there is only one runway operational now .. so thats just addin to the delays most airlines are facing

the plannin in dubai airport is so lousy .. even with the new terminal comin up its still not gonna help ... an i think its one of the unsafest airports ive seen as far as infrastructure goes ... it looks all good to the eyes ... but in reality its jst messed up .. especially for the ppl who work there ..
u got vehicles crossing the taxiway which is meant for the aircraft an i aint never seen that anywhere else ... an accident is jst waitin to happen ..
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 09, 2006
Jamal wrote:in dubai the biggest problem you have when it comes to delays is dubai airport itself .... there is soo much traffic comin in an out of the airport that planes have to cue for there turn to take off or land sometimes even upto an hour ... so then the passanger think its the airline thats lousy when its jst the airport facillity that cant cope with the high traffic .. plus there is only one runway operational now .. so thats just addin to the delays most airlines are facing

the plannin in dubai airport is so lousy .. even with the new terminal comin up its still not gonna help ... an i think its one of the unsafest airports ive seen as far as infrastructure goes ... it looks all good to the eyes ... but in reality its jst messed up .. especially for the ppl who work there ..
u got vehicles crossing the taxiway which is meant for the aircraft an i aint never seen that anywhere else ... an accident is jst waitin to happen ..

A lot of this is indeed correct, however as with any airport that undergoes expansion such as DIA, some delays have to be expected.
I also think one of the problems is that they have a very high ratio of flights departing and arriving at certain times of the day i.e early morning and late evening. If they were to stagger theses slightly it could make a difference.
The next problem of course will be the late delivery of the A380, the new terminal is psecifically designed for this aircraft.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 09, 2006
my flights have been fine. However the Dubai-Bahrain morning flight is AWALYS not on time .. i would take gulf air if it wasnt so crappy. Maybe i will give Etihad a try ...
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 09, 2006
flights returning from Iran are always delayed too....ALWAYS
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 09, 2006
Maybe it really has something to do with the airlines, never had a prob with Emirates but with others, oh dont let me get started.... :roll:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat