Flight Attendant

Topic locked
Flight attendant Mar 28, 2009
Hi everyone,
This website is fantastic and very interesting, i would like to introduce myself. My name is Zara im 20 years old currently studying Tourism operations manager, live in Australia but im Serbian. Ever since i was little i wanted to be a fligt attendant and havent changed my mind at all, ive done alot of research on airline companies and Emirates is the one i want to work for and im very interested in Dubai. When im 21 i can apply to become a flight attendant. Im very mature for my age and very career focused but i know how to enjoy life and make the most out of everything. I would like to know what life is like for a Emirate flight attendant in Dubai?

Hope to get opinions from you all :D

Petrovic.Z
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 28, 2009
erm they party - alot!!!!

Pretty good I think, they all get staff accomodation, discounts in a lot of places. It's hard work though, I certainly don't envy anyone doing that job.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 28, 2009
Party Alot Wooohoooo lol
Ye def hard work but i guess if you enjoy and love the job it doesnt seem as bad.
Petrovic.Z
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 28, 2009
Unfortunately the hosties have a reputation for partying too much and a reputation for other things as well.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Flight attendant Mar 28, 2009
Petrovic.Z wrote:Hi everyone,
This website is fantastic and very interesting, i would like to introduce myself. My name is Zara im 20 years old currently studying Tourism operations manager, live in Australia but im Serbian. Ever since i was little i wanted to be a fligt attendant and havent changed my mind at all, ive done alot of research on airline companies and Emirates is the one i want to work for and im very interested in Dubai. When im 21 i can apply to become a flight attendant. Im very mature for my age and very career focused but i know how to enjoy life and make the most out of everything. I would like to know what life is like for a Emirate flight attendant in Dubai?

I have two of my friends who are an emirates cabin crew... the two girls are indeed enjoying what they are doing...

they are hardly free as they always fly around the world... I must admit they get lots of benefits (such as very good accommodation and discounts) and certainly they enjoy parting to the max

according to them its a hard work when they get to fly long distance flights which are over 10hrs

the only disadvantage... it is quite difficult to settle down in any relationship when you are a cabin crew... and they usually hump on temp relationships... this is the price you pay for a life like this... however, you are young and too early for you to worry about settling down... so enjoy life.

good luck
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 28, 2009
Right.... its ashame they have a bad reputation and annoying but theres not much u can do
Petrovic.Z
Dubai Forum Visitor

quatroporte wrote:

I have two of my friends who are an emirates cabin crew... the two girls are indeed enjoying what they are doing...

they are hardly free as they always fly around the world... I must admit they get lots of benefits (such as very good accommodation and discounts) and certainly they enjoy parting to the max

according to them its a hard work when they get to fly long distance flights which are over 10hrs

the only disadvantage... it is quite difficult to settle down in any relationship when you are a cabin crew... and they usually hump on temp relationships... this is the price you pay for a life like this... however, you are young and too early for you to worry about settling down... so enjoy life.

good luck

Settling down hmmm dont even know what it means at my age LOL Thanx for reply :)
Petrovic.Z
Dubai Forum Visitor

Petrovic.Z wrote:
quatroporte wrote:

good luck

Settling down hmmm dont even know what it means at my age LOL Thanx for reply :)

i will put it in a straight forward term... "settle down" means "being in Long term relationship" :p
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 28, 2009
Long term relationship thats seems imposible ill just skip that part and get married hahaha its easier who can be bothered being in a "long term relationship" lol
Petrovic.Z
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 28, 2009
Petrovic.Z wrote:Long term relationship thats seems imposible ill just skip that part and get married hahaha its easier who can be bothered being in a "long term relationship" lol

hahahaha... as I said... too early for you to worry about this :D

good luck
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 28, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Unfortunately the hosties have a reputation for partying too much and a reputation for other things as well.

:shock: :shock: Now I'm really curious! In abudhabi I live in the same building as the Eitihad staff! 8) 8)
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 29, 2009
why dont u just take a peek in their apartment?
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 29, 2009
deadlife wrote:why dont u just take a peek in their apartment?

Yea Rit! Here in Abu-Dhabi they make them houses at 90 degrees,real tall with slippery glass all round! Even SuperMan would have trouble peeking in!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 30, 2009
I have a friend from Serbia doing that and she loves it.

Good benefits and a fun life, her worst worry is wheter she is going to an interesting destination or not.
Life could be worse, right? ;o)
Christofer
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 30, 2009
True, if you're stuck on short haul, quick turns arounds it can get boring, or being stuck on flights going to places like the ass end of India.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 30, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:True, if you're stuck on short haul, quick turns arounds it can get boring, or being stuck on flights going to places like the a#s end of India.

...or the ass end of England.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 30, 2009
There is no ass end of England :wink:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 30, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:There is no a#s end of England :wink:

What is Cornwall then? Its wang?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 30, 2009
hey theres nothing wrong with going to the a#s end of countires :roll:
Petrovic.Z
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 30, 2009
Petrovic.Z wrote:hey theres nothing wrong with going to the a#s end of countires :roll:

indeed... cabin crews are lucky to get the chance to visit all sort of countries with a paid up 5-star accommodation and pocket money

while we pay up our hard earn savings ta act like stupid tourists and have the same experience to visit the a#s end of countries :p
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat