Emirates Flight 201

Topic locked
Emirates Flight 201 Oct 30, 2010
Emirates Flight 201 coming from Dubai (was also reported as coming from Yemen) was detained and searched at JFK Airport in New York. Two packages were found on board and are being examined for possible explosive material.

$$Dubai
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Emirates Flight 201 Oct 30, 2010
$$Dubai wrote:Emirates Flight 201 coming from Dubai (was also reported as coming from Yemen) was detained and searched at JFK Airport in New York. Two packages were found on board and are being examined for possible explosive material.

Did anyone notice that every terrorists or bombs fly to or from Dubai ?
capsicum
BANNED

Re: Emirates Flight 201 Oct 30, 2010
or the timing of such reports ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Emirates Flight 201 Oct 31, 2010
There were two flights, one in London also had suspect packages.

Apparently it was some sort of electronics devices hidden inside printer cartridges that were bound for a synagogue in NYC.

The anti-terrorist security agencies were actually tipped off by Saudi intelligence.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Actually the synagogue was in Chicago that is "gay-friendly".
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Actually the synagogue was in Chicago that is "gay-friendly".

Opps sorry. But the flight still went into NYC.

Apparently they have arrested a woman in connection with it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Gay-friendly??

The synogogue or the city??? :lol:

The No.1 gay-friendly city in the US (and probably the world) is the one you landed in, when you came home this summer!!

Mom calls it "Sin City!!!"

:D :D
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

The synagogue!!! As for the No. 1 city, did you know that Atlanta, Georgia is at the top of the list? :lol: San Fran might be second to Atlanta.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Head of Dubai police on the cover of Gulf news:

"Dubai Police succeeded in detecting the package while security authorities charged with carrying out security tasks on Western cargo companies failed..."

and then on page 14:

"The package arrived on Thursday and had to remain at Dubai International Airport for 24 hours and was found to contain explosives after Dubai Police received a tip-off via an international call."

Ah...the Keystone Kops strike again!!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

They're now going back and looking at the UPS crash again because of this.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:They're now going back and looking at the UPS crash again because of this.

As far as I know the report on the cause of the crash is not out yet and surely they will look into whether explosives have something to do with it specially since the pilots had to turn around after there was smoke inside the aircraft (and where there is smoke there is fire).

Boy, I'm glad I no longer fly on commercial airlines. I will get scary and more tedious.

-- Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:04 pm --

They have happy people in Chicago? :shock:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Emirates Flight 201 Nov 01, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:Head of Dubai police on the cover of Gulf news:

"Dubai Police succeeded in detecting the package while security authorities charged with carrying out security tasks on Western cargo companies failed..."

and then on page 14:

"The package arrived on Thursday and had to remain at Dubai International Airport for 24 hours and was found to contain explosives after Dubai Police received a tip-off via an international call."

Ah...the Keystone Kops strike again!!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Actually I think the Dubai Police should be congratulated. Although also given a tip off by the Saudis the British police at East Midlands airport declared the device to be harmless and briefed the Government that no explosives had been found. The device was removed and flown by helicopter all the way to Kent, to the Royal Armourment and Research Development Establishment who said Hello! we have a real life bomb here.Imagine the carnage and red faces if the bomb had been detonated between Birmingham and Kent? So the Dubai Police recognised a bomb under their noses, even thought they had a tip off which is more than the Dibble achieved.
Bethsmum

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Bethsmum wrote:
Actually I think the Dubai Police should be congratulated. Although also given a tip off by the Saudis the British police at East Midlands airport declared the device to be harmless and briefed the Government that no explosives had been found. The device was removed and flown by helicopter all the way to Kent, to the Royal Armourment and Research Development Establishment who said Hello! we have a real life bomb here.Imagine the carnage and red faces if the bomb had been detonated between Birmingham and Kent? So the Dubai Police recognised a bomb under their noses, even thought they had a tip off which is more than the Dibble achieved.

Girl, you would congratulate Dubai Police anyways, even if they had found an illegal pork sausage.
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

Bora Bora wrote:The synagogue!!! As for the No. 1 city, did you know that Atlanta, Georgia is at the top of the list? :lol: San Fran might be second to Atlanta.

I was really surprised to hear about Atlanta. I've been to both cities a lot, and Atlanta seemed to be a conservative, Christian city -- like most the South.

Out of curiosity, I googled this info, and found Frisco always being shown as the "gayest" city in America and the world. Atlanta wasn't even in the top 20 gay-friendly cities in the US.

Are you sure about Atlanta??

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

I have friends staying both in Atlanta and Frisco. And from their accounts Frisco is surely the most rainbowy city, not that anybody didn't know that already.

I heard castro street is the place to be.
desertdudeshj

Tom Jones wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:The synagogue!!! As for the No. 1 city, did you know that Atlanta, Georgia is at the top of the list? :lol: San Fran might be second to Atlanta.

I was really surprised to hear about Atlanta. I've been to both cities a lot, and Atlanta seemed to be a conservative, Christian city -- like most the South.

Out of curiosity, I googled this info, and found Frisco always being shown as the "gayest" city in America and the world. Atlanta wasn't even in the top 20 gay-friendly cities in the US.

Are you sure about Atlanta??

8) 8)

When I was in LV I met up with some friends who did a pass through (lived there briefly) and they were taken aback as to the high number of gays. They were at a cafe and he didn't get it when he realized how many brothers (as in black Americans) in the cafe were gay. They drove around and they told me it had to be the gay capital, overtaking SF.

-- Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:39 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:I have friends staying both in Atlanta and Frisco. And from their accounts Frisco is surely the most rainbowy city, not that anybody didn't know that already.

I heard castro street is the place to be.

Indeed castro street is the hub. We were in SF during the gay pride week and saw the parade.

Hubby has progressed I must say. He's quasi-homophobic now. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

gertrude wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:

Girl, you would congratulate Dubai Police anyways, even if they had found an illegal pork sausage.

What's your problem Gertie?
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
gertrude wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:

What's your problem Gertie?

I would take a guess and suggest that her problem is probably you Big mama :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Get away Sagey, there's no flies on you this afternoon is there? How long did it take you to work that one out? Well done, keep it up, a flash of the old Sagey coming through LOL :bounce:
Bethsmum

so did these guys find anything related to the bomb ?? or you people just interested in the Gay-friendly cities ??
kool0981
Dubai Expat Wannabe

the bomb,the police and flights all relate wer the hell did gay frnly cities pop up from????....im confused
raven12345
Dubai Expat Wannabe

I dunno, Bores got a thing for queers !
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:I dunno, Bores got a thing for queers !

Anyone who DOESN'T have a problem with gay people would definitely pin you as having one with your use of the word "queers". :alien: That kind of language is very telling. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Queer is a very acceptable PC term in these times. Infact queer describes something that’s more inclusive of the gray areas and not just gay. Describes an identity and not just sexual orientation.

Now move along, next.
desertdudeshj

Sure DDS. Justifying yourself. Maybe in your little world referring to gays as "queer" is politically correct, but when you think about your government back in Pakistan, well I guess it would be PC by their standards.

I think its time you move along - why don't you think about getting out and see some of the world.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

What ? got up on the wromg side of bed again ?

And what has the govt of Pakistan gotta do with any of this ?
desertdudeshj

What is your problem DDS. Because someone doesn't see the humor in between your nastiness you get your knickers in a twist. FYI you hardly have what one would call a sense of humor. Actually what you do have is humor failure. You didn't even get BM's humor, which was/is quite funny. :lol:

When you speak of "PC", what country are you referring to?? There is no such thing as being PC in the UAE and as far as I know not in Pakistan -errrr, the passport you hold???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

desertdudeshj

:pottytrain2:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat