Behavior Of Cab Drivers

Topic locked
Apr 03, 2009
I believe that anytime one receives bad or wrong service, whether it be Taxi Driver, Bank Clerk or whatever, a complaint should be lodged. This is the only way that the Management can improve service, it serves absolutely no purpose bleating on about bad service when you cannot be bothered to follow it through with a proper complaint.

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 03, 2009
RobbyG wrote:I took a big snippet of recollection from you. Thanks for the reminder. ;)

Robby, I understand what habibi is saying. You heard the phrase 'don't sweat the small stuff'? Basically life in Dubai is full of so many small irritations that you are not used to in a regulated western society (or maybe the same but magnified), that it's impossible to take them all on, you will finally have to let some things slide, or you'll end up a mental wreck.

Your day would not be long enough to speak to all the managers and customer service departments that you want to roast.

;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 03, 2009
sage & onion wrote:I believe that anytime one receives bad or wrong service, whether it be Taxi Driver, Bank Clerk or whatever, a complaint should be lodged. This is the only way that the Management can improve service, it serves absolutely no purpose bleating on about bad service when you cannot be bothered to follow it through with a proper complaint.

The taxi driver takes you the wrong way
the bank loses your 'automated' monthly payments
the bank clerk serves ordinary cutomers in the priority account queue
the food delivery service brings the wrong order
the workman fixes something in your home and it goes wrong again as soon as he leaves
the car service department take a week for a simple service
the car service department dont even fix your fault but say they have
etc...etc...etc...the list is endless

all these things seem to be REGULAR occurrences here. do you really have the time to make formal complaints about them all?

chill.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 03, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
sage & onion wrote:I believe that anytime one receives bad or wrong service, whether it be Taxi Driver, Bank Clerk or whatever, a complaint should be lodged. This is the only way that the Management can improve service, it serves absolutely no purpose bleating on about bad service when you cannot be bothered to follow it through with a proper complaint.

the workman fixes something in your home and it goes wrong again as soon as he leaves

all these things seem to be REGULAR occurrences here. do you really have the time to make formal complaints about them all?

chill.

Clearly I'm not made for Dubai. I would clearly be susceptable to incompetent MoFo's that can't do anything right!

But I would definately 'instruct' them how to properly manage a F@ckin' business service. And if they don't listen... then I'll 'kick the crap' out of them, Europe style :lol:

Ahhh, the relieff :wink:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 03, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

chill.

Clearly I'm not made for Dubai. I would clearly be susceptable to incompetent MoFo's that can't do anything right!

But I would definately 'instruct' them how to properly manage a F@ckin' business service. And if they don't listen... then I'll 'kick the crap' out of them, Europe style :lol:

Ahhh, the relieff :wink:

I hear you :D

Just bring a little Zen with you if you come, just my suggestion.....

I once stopped an English guy going ballistic at some poor little Filipino shop worker because his mobile wasn't fixed in time! OK it's really annoying, but it's not the shop assistant's fault. The customer just started to shout and swear. I got my phone out and said we can call the police as he was getting abusive. The guy wasn't happy at me stepping in but I got an SMS mssg from the shop worker later thanking me (they had my phone number as I'd bought a phone there a week before) :D

So you can see how this place affects some people. They get the little god syndrome whe dealing with service staff and the like.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 03, 2009
Allright, I'll bring my Zen with me...

Everytime an 'incompetent' comes disrupting my life vigorously...
I'll show em this Zen artifact:

And after showing this to the 'incompetent one', I will tell him that the water I spit by ranting is less harmful than the fire thats within me. ;)

I think he gets this picture :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat