ANNOYING Behavior

Topic locked
ANNOYING Behavior Oct 27, 2006
We took a stroll somewhere in Al Mamzar then some men threw their business cards to us, and for those who were also strolling wrote their numbers in a piece of paper and gave to us. Of course, we didn't keep those numbers, for what? I find it very annoying. We're not working for Telecommunications Company. Could you please enlighten me why it's like this here :?: Are those men expecting to be called? They don't know how to treat ladies. Grr... :evil:

Ladies, did you experience the same? We won't stroll again. :(

asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 27, 2006
I have never heard of such things, which kind of people were these??
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 27, 2006
Sage, they are MEN. :( :( :( I don't have EID Holidays, so i joined my female friends for strolling to unwind. My weekend has been spoiled by those men.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 27, 2006
ASC, I am a man, and I would never dream of doing such a thing, which nationality?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 27, 2006
We didn't speak to them but from the looks I believe they are easterners. Why it's like this here? We're wearing the usual get up (jogging pants, loose t -shirts and sneakers - for morning stroll. So disgusting about those men :!:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 27, 2006
Why am I not surprised? This is Dubai for you. Yesterday when I stopped my car outside star mart to get something, there were group of guys & while I was returning I saw this guy standing near my car & touching the wipers… & I did not really take note of it & moved on. But then I realized hey* so I was right, there was this messy bit of paper neatly folded with a no. on it. Ah so what..
It has happened a lot many times in mall, on a red light, blah, its nothing to do with how your dressed really just throw the thing off but honestly it doesn’t bother me. But what really surprises me is that those guys with fancy cars & I assume theyre rich with 3/4 digit no. plates have a very thrilling life when it comes to making (girl)friends.
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 27, 2006
*cough*
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 27, 2006
bushra21 wrote:*cough*

You need to get that cough looked at.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 27, 2006
it only appears when i want to say something, but my better judgment tells me not too.... no doctor can help
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 27, 2006
come on Bushy dont be shy - how many digits on your parents car ?
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 27, 2006
my mum's car - 2 digits
my bro's cars - 5/4/3/1 digits
my cars - 4/1 digit

but that isnt what i dont want to say
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 27, 2006
i know it isnt what you dont want to say, but what i want is for you to say what you dont want to say. But on the other hand, if you dont want to say, but you really want to say, then i would like you to say what it is.

You may say that you really want to say but for some reason you are unable to say. If this is the case is there any way i can help you say what is you are unable to say, even though saying it, may not be what you actually wanted to say.

If you do decide that you really need to say what it is you are unable to say, i would say that is ok but some others here may say, you really should not say what it is you were going to say. However, they may say its cool to not say what it is your were going to say but are unable to do so.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 27, 2006
arniegang wrote:i know it isnt what you dont want to say, but what i want is for you to say what you dont want to say. But on the other hand, if you dont want to say, but you really want to say, then i would like you to say what it is.

You may say that you really want to say but for some reason you are unable to say. If this is the case is there any way i can help you say what is you are unable to say, even though saying it, may not be what you actually wanted to say.

If you do decide that you really need to say what it is you are unable to say, i would say that is ok but some others here may say, you really should not say what it is you were going to say. However, they may say its cool to not say what it is your were going to say but are unable to do so.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

well, to the peope that dont know me, they will think im a racist....or something to that degree...so, i think it would be better for me not to say what is that i want to say...you know?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 27, 2006
easternjewel wrote: But what really surprises me is that those guys with fancy cars & I assume theyre rich with 3/4 digit no. plates have a very thrilling life when it comes to making (girl)friends.

i don't care how many digits they have in their car plate nos. rich? gosh..poor those men, their wealth didnt teach them how to approach ladies properly and worst no ETIQUETTES, BREEDING, MANNERS..ohh i forgot maybe they dont have such since birth tsk tsk.. :? Forgive me for this..got so annoyed. EJ, it's my first time to encounter such :cry:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 27, 2006
i find that most of the guys here have more respect for women than anywhere else i have lived :roll:

but thats my opinion.

im sorry that they bothered you...but im surprised that you were surprised of their actions...i mean you were at the Mamzar...thats like a chick driving her car down dhiyafa road at 9pm or later and complaing about guys trying to give her their number...unless you didnt know, then thats a different story
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 28, 2006
What do u expect...mamzar is the place to show off with ur car and how many digits u have..not to forget to place where u go to get ... :lol:
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 28, 2006
Gosh..we're inside the private park of Al Mamzar..not along the highway. we chose Al Mamzar instead of Jumeirah, and going to Umm Al Qwain - Baracuda - is quite far.

Well, at least now i know that Al Mamzar Private Park is a place where :? :? :? thanks for that info.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Re: ANNOYING Behavior Oct 28, 2006
asc_26 wrote:We took a stroll somewhere in Al Mamzar then some men threw their business cards to us, and for those who were also strolling wrote their numbers in a piece of paper and gave to us. Of course, we didn't keep those numbers, for what? I find it very annoying. We're not working for Telecommunications Company. Could you please enlighten me why it's like this here :?: Are those men expecting to be called? They don't know how to treat ladies. Grr... :evil:

Ladies, did you experience the same? We won't stroll again. :(

Why don't u just ignore them? just don't be so sensitive!
Dew
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 28, 2006
We ignore them but they're very persistant...so we just packed up and went home. We didn't even start our chix bbq. :( :(
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 28, 2006
asc_26 wrote:We ignore them but they're very persistant...so we just packed up and went home. We didn't even start our chix bbq. :( :(

what? oh. so that's how it is like here then. I thought the only problem we have is this constant freaky staring. But seriously, those guys are so stupid and they have no self-confidence whatsoever. Just be mean and they buzz off!
Dew
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 28, 2006
yeah, hon, it doesnt matter that it is a private place...the sheikhs beach is private also...but that doesnt stop anyone

so take note that mamzar, corniche, dhiyafa & jumeira roads after 9 pm are few places that if you dont want to be bothered...dont go...because you will be.

again, im sorry that some of them act the way you do and i apologize on their stupid ass behalf :D
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 28, 2006
Legendkiller wrote:What do u expect...mamzar is the place to show off with ur car and how many digits u have..not to forget to place where u go to get ... :lol:

I love exploring UAE and discovering their cultures etc.

Aside from Mamzar, what other places here where they go to get .....and show off their car digits...at least to avoid going to the wrong place.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 28, 2006
Thanks a lot Bushra. :oops: :oops: :oops:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 28, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
again, im sorry that some of them act the way you do and i apologize on their stupid a#s behalf :D

aawwss.. the way we do?
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 28, 2006
shit, too many things going on in my head...

i mean to say that they act the way they do...

:oops: :oops: :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 28, 2006
bushra why would you apologize on behalf of some peoples behaviour? I am assuming you do so cause these scnerios are pointed towards Arab guys? But you dont have too hon cause its not only the locals.

I agree what bushra mentioned, I think Men in this part of the world respect women more than anywhere else. maybe thats how they do it here (passing no.s...) so well... its just light hearted fun it gets bad when things go over board like when they bother you but thats nother issue.
easternjewel

Oct 28, 2006
they are usually nice to me. when i ask them to leave me alone they do. i try to be nice to them if they havent been rude to me. id say i only remember two times when i was treated badly and in a disrespectful manner...and i acted as how i saw fit.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 28, 2006
scracth that...three times...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 28, 2006
thats wht I said, I m not bothered about it cause initially those guys are nice* they dont misbehave & things like that... & well some of them are really hot, good for boosting self esteem haha :lol: I dont remember being harassed by any by Gods Grace.

& what was the racist comment you had in mind? :roll:
easternjewel

Oct 28, 2006
i think its better if i leave that unsaid

it would hurt too many people on here, i think, or, they would just end up hating me more than they already do
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat