Israel And Lebanon

Topic locked
Aug 08, 2006
To stop the conflict between Israel and terrorists why can`t the league of Abs sort this conflict out?

nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 08, 2006
Nostradamus - good idea. Israel should reall sort out the terrorists who are slaughtering hundreds of Lebanese children, but I fail to see how the Arab league can sort out the internal issue between the State of Israel and the terrorists doing the killing and terrorising two nations.

Oh, hold on, you may be referring to another group of 'terrorists'... let's see ...I can't think why the Arab league isn't doing more to sort out the hostilities as you say. I presume you mean they should perhaps stop selling oil to the US until it tells Israel to stop shelling and perhaps also persuade the US to stop supplying the bombs that are killing the lebanese?

The Arab league have little sway over Iran (as Iran is not an Arab country) [is Iran part of Arab league? mental note - check to see] - so they can't do much about Hezbollah - oh, I get it, perhaps they can issue a decree telling Hezbollah to stop firing at the Israelis and stop provoking them by mainly killing soldiers.

Perhaps the Arab league could persuade Palestinians and Lebanese to forget about any illegal occupations of their lands (by illegal, I mean international law). They could also persuade them to forget about thousands of prisoners languishing in Israeli jails - why make a fuss?

Or did you have another role for the Arab league in this conflict??
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 08, 2006
shafique- are you saying the "Arab league” are just a bunch of old woman with no power and you need the west to sort out your problems
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 08, 2006
This region doesnt have the balls!

I just need to say that for the record.

Everybody is pointing fingers to the cause of all this but are they doing anything to stop the riot?

:(
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 08, 2006
Nostradamus - I recommend you read the thread linked to below to see what the cause of the problem is, and then perhaps we can agree on the solution - which, come to think of it, I have already voiced in another thread about what the solution is..

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=9016

I hope you don't mind me not feeding the troll. :)
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 08, 2006
A64Venice wrote:
freza wrote:
arniegang wrote:I too have watched this video. I have to say he gave them a run for thier money.

GG, you either love him or hate him - personally i think we need more MP's like him prepared to stand up and actually say what they think.

I will let you into a little secret. I happen to know personally a very very senior figure currently back in the Whitehouse, but works for the US Govt in UAE.

In confidence he has told me that the VAST majority on Capitol Hill actually disagree with Bush, but no one like Galloway is prepared to stand up and say so.

I firmly believe the same exists with our own MP's in the UK.

:shock:
I would love to know who that US government figure is...

The US Democratic party has let itself go - it's become servile and has reduced itself to something that is undistinguishable from the mainstream Republican party. So one can't expect much from the "moderate" Republicans themselves. The Neo-cons hold way too much power and control, despite their enormous blunders. I've read that a recent power struggle has emerged involving the most die-hards of Neo-Cons and other Republicans and that even Condi Rice is slowly being undermined. I don't know how much of this is true though...

Yeah, in the US Congress and in US politics in general, there is currently no one that even comes close to Galloway's methods of standing up for the truth in such a defiant way and without fear. It's really too bad.

Thats true, the red-neck republicans are in power till atleast the next us election. They represent conservative american's stance for an aggresive foreign policy with complete disregard for any other nation's opinion or values, except for Israel.

Bush is a Jew lover and so was his dad. :wink:

Yup the red-neck republicans definitely have the power and the reigns of decision making. The only ones that seem to benefit from this power are certain US companies and Israel (because the US economy is not seeing any real benefits at this moment).

However I would not call the Bush clan "Jew-lovers" I truly don't think that they like any other faith besides their born-again Christian faith. I think that they are opportunists who see a reflection of their ambitions in the zionist movement.
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 08, 2006
I am addresing Chocoholic and Kannelli (maybe I should address others as well, but I am more familiar with your posts).

There is no doubt that you care about the dead and the wounded. I do respect this humaniatrian concern.

On the political side, however, you don't give a sh*t if Lebanon is destroyed or not. You don't give a sh*t if there is a Palastenian state or not. On the contrary, you would like to see the Palastenians "move forward", and establish homes (or maybe a country) somewhere else.

This won't work. What I wanted to tell you that it is not just about living without getting hurt. Muslims/Arabs also have their own political agenda and set of interests. Now, the leaders are too weak to do anything. But this won't last. We will definitely push our interests forward. If we don't, our children will. If they don't, their chidlren will.
MS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 08, 2006
MS

:thumbleft:
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 08, 2006
MS, Where the hell did that come from? Of course we care that Lebanon is being destroyed, it's a place that I really like to visit. And no I would not like to see the Palestinians moved out either - don't put words in our mouths, you haven't got a clue what we think.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 08, 2006
A Hizballox-based mortar attack, which fell short of its target in Israel on Sunday and injured three Chinese members of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), has received scant media attention and no reaction from U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan.

Late last month, after four U.N. peacekeepers were killed in an Israeli air strike in southern Lebanon, Annan said he was "shocked and deeply distressed" at the "apparently deliberate targeting" of the outpost.

While information about Sunday's incident was not immediately available from the United Nations in New York, news accounts in China reported that "A Hizballox rocket hit the Chinese contingent headquarters at 11:55 am local time causing three peacekeepers [to be] lightly injured," according to a text report from China's Xinhua News Agency.
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 09, 2006
first of all thank u arnie for unlocking the thread...
second The News From Lebanon: My younger brother who works for mbc and still in lebanon , he was in Gazye shooting the last massacre by israelis right after the bombing , he told me that he saw a baby torned in half a girl crying for her mom but her mom never answered she was DEAD...

I called my younger brother tonight and when he answered i thought he was someone else...my younger brothers voice changed ,he is older now ,he knows that humanity has lost its glory , he knows that life is cheap , he knows how ugly the world can be... i didnt want my younger brother to change or to know so soon ...he believed in happiness ...My younger brother is OLD NOW....
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 09, 2006
nostradamus wrote:A Hizballox-based mortar attack, which fell short of its target in Israel on Sunday and injured three Chinese members of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), has received scant media attention and no reaction from U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan.

Late last month, after four U.N. peacekeepers were killed in an Israeli air strike in southern Lebanon, Annan said he was "shocked and deeply distressed" at the "apparently deliberate targeting" of the outpost.

While information about Sunday's incident was not immediately available from the United Nations in New York, news accounts in China reported that "A Hizballox rocket hit the Chinese contingent headquarters at 11:55 am local time causing three peacekeepers [to be] lightly injured," according to a text report from China's Xinhua News Agency.

Plz, noone feed this troll, he doesn't know the difference between a rocket and guided missiles...
yshimy

Aug 09, 2006
yshimy wrote:
nostradamus wrote:A Hizballox-based mortar attack, which fell short of its target in Israel on Sunday and injured three Chinese members of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), has received scant media attention and no reaction from U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan.

Plz, noone feed this troll, he doesn't know the difference between a rocket and guided missiles...

that so true .........2 hours of repeated shelling and then precise bunker buster after 10 calls to stop u must b kidding..............isreal caused ecological disaster.....will take 10 yrs to clean up the oil spill!!!!!!!!!!
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 09, 2006
Corcovado wrote:first of all thank u arnie for unlocking the thread...
second The News From Lebanon: My younger brother who works for mbc and still in lebanon , he was in Gazye shooting the last massacre by israelis right after the bombing , he told me that he saw a baby torned in half a girl crying for her mom but her mom never answered she was DEAD...

I called my younger brother tonight and when he answered i thought he was someone else...my younger brothers voice changed ,he is older now ,he knows that humanity has lost its glory , he knows that life is cheap , he knows how ugly the world can be... i didnt want my younger brother to change or to know so soon ...he believed in happiness ...My younger brother is OLD NOW....

:(
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 09, 2006
did u all lissen to the speeach the israeli guy made at the security council meeting last night? he was telling that isreal is with the lebenese people and is helping the arabs and lebenese to eradicate terreroists groups like hezbollah !

and was giving examples of how the lebenese ansestors helped the jews build solomon's temple by giving ceder trees etc etc

i think he could have gone and slapped the arab leaders on the face instead of the way he structured his speech

and those slaps would have been less embarrassing for those arab leaders.
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 09, 2006
:D
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 09, 2006
:) Nostradamus

1. What were the boundaries of the state in 1312BC and what was the state called? Who inhabited the land before and after this? (And by the way, this is an ethnic issue, not a religous issue - Arabs)

2. What was the name of the territory in question on all the maps in 1940, say?

3. Were the Jews the only people occupying parts of the territory for that period? Did they have any neighbours on the land? Did they own the majority of the land?

I look forward to your answers (a hint, some of the answers are in my other thread which has the entire text of a speech at the UN debate in 1947)
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 10, 2006
my parents are coming today from lebanon ... they are on the way now ...i pray they reach safely
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 10, 2006
60,000 peace keepers await word to enter southern Lebanon (IDF)
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 10, 2006
Corcovado wrote:my parents are coming today from lebanon ... they are on the way now ...i pray they reach safely

I am sure i can speak for all on the Forum, we wish your parents a safe journey and that the rest of your family are safe Cocs
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 10, 2006
Corcovado wrote:my parents are coming today from lebanon ... they are on the way now ...i pray they reach safely

Are they arriving via Syria? Cos I have a freind in Lebanon and didnt ear from him since the conflict started.....may the force b with ur parents
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 10, 2006

good luck to them. hope they get there safe!
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 10, 2006
they are here :D thank god, and thank u all for ur prayers , i love u all ..THANKS A MILLION xxxx
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 11, 2006
Corcovado wrote:they are here :D thank god, and thank u all for ur prayers , i love u all ..THANKS A MILLION xxxx

hey...great to hear that corcovado! :) i am so happy for u
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 11, 2006
I second that. You and your family went through a lot, but you finally have your parents in a safe place, wonderful.
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 11, 2006
great news Corcs

:D
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 11, 2006
alexandra wrote:
Corcovado wrote:they are here :D thank god, and thank u all for ur prayers , i love u all ..THANKS A MILLION xxxx

hey...great to hear that corcovado! :) i am so happy for u

i third that.... hope they are fine and happy.

cheers gurls, have a good familly hug :D
yshimy

Aug 11, 2006
Great to hear!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2006
I'm really happy for you and your family Corcs. I wish you all some peace of mind and rest after all the recent turmoil.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 11, 2006
I'm so glad for you Corcs. God be praised.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums