Israel And Lebanon

Topic locked
Aug 06, 2006
I don't know either. But what's the point of posting when someone viewed the thread?

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 06, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:I don't know either. But what's the point of posting when someone viewed the thread?

:?:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 07, 2006
Right Guys and gals

I am only going to say this once.

I want EVERYONE to post here with respect. I have no issue with free speech or people making their opinions. I do however have a problem with how it is portayed on here.

I will not tollerate any form of personal insults or personal jabs at other individual or groups.

If you cant get your point over without making it personal or offensive, then do not post at all.

IF i see any of the above i will lock the thread for a second time and it will remain locked.

Disclaimer.

This post is addressed to everyone, it is not my intention to address or apply it to any particular individual.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 07, 2006
(thanks for opening this thread again arnie)

Some of you might want to watch George Galloway's interview as seen on Sky News (it's really quite interesting):

http://informationclearinghouse.info/article14391.htm
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 07, 2006
arniegang wrote:IF i see any of the above i will lock the thread for a second time and it will remain locked.

FYI, I've had to lock this thread previously for the very same reason so there will be no charm for the third offence.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2006
HP wrote:Lion heart

u r quite emotional kid . where are u from ? if u have any country?

why do you keep repeating this "do you have a country line" ?? i understand you are someone "funny" who says alot of jokes, so is that another joke or do you mean it? and do you mean Palestine?? if you really do then kos okhtak! you know what does that mean? we don't have a country? we do, it's in our souls, hearts, minds, and our homes are there, and those of us who don't live in our country will do someday inshallah, and you know what? we are so proud to be from there, unlike you, EDITED WORD, GUESS IT.
Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 07, 2006
freza wrote:(thanks for opening this thread again arnie)

Some of you might want to watch George Galloway's interview as seen on Sky News (it's really quite interesting):

thanks for the link freza it was quite interesting and the most objective point of view (in my opinion). i think more ppl should watch this!
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 07, 2006
alexandra wrote:

thanks for the link freza it was quite interesting and the most objective point of view (in my opinion). i think more ppl should watch this!
r

alexandra,

I agree - this should be watched by more people. Even though Galloway is a controversial figure, his views on this war are undeniable: Some in the mainstream media are not only being very biased but are distorting facts.
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 07, 2006
I too have watched this video. I have to say he gave them a run for thier money.

GG, you either love him or hate him - personally i think we need more MP's like him prepared to stand up and actually say what they think.

I will let you into a little secret. I happen to know personally a very very senior figure currently back in the Whitehouse, but works for the US Govt in UAE.

In confidence he has told me that the VAST majority on Capitol Hill actually disagree with Bush, but no one like Galloway is prepared to stand up and say so.

I firmly believe the same exists with our own MP's in the UK.
arniegang

Aug 07, 2006
George Galloway is a hero no doubt, i love how this guy put things together, i respect him so much and i really admire his power, big up GG, and plus, my close friends the british undeground hiphop band the unpeople, always quoting him and his true words, big up :D.
Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 07, 2006
freza wrote:
alexandra wrote:

r

alexandra,

I agree - this should be watched by more people. Even though Galloway is a controversial figure, his views on this war are undeniable: Some in the mainstream media are not only being very biased but are distorting facts.

see freza the thing is that to be objective u have to listen and to collect informations from the both parts involved in the conflict-this is how i see things- (this is in general)
now when it comes to the topic in here i think ppl should do the same before speaking up, come with insults against nations(civilians) instead of blaming the real responables :their GOV, the UN etc
i mean why all this hate is being generalized into phrases like "israel must die"---sometimes somebody has to die in order to have peace but i think that this war is unfair, an abuse , a threat to world peace and it shows only that life is a joke for the GOvs, and civilians are pupets with no rights whatsoever in this crap what they call war!

this is only my point of view and as much as i could be wrong in some aspects i could be right in some others!
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 07, 2006
Rami wrote:George Galloway is a hero no doubt, i love how this guy put things together, i respect him so much and i really admire his power, big up GG, and plus, my close friends the british undeground hiphop band the unpeople, always quoting him and his true words, big up :D.

Rami next time you want to "answer" one of my posts don't make a topic out of it. There's a reason people use PMs. Unless you are trying to prove something in front of others, which is pretty lame in my humble opinion.

I have said my piece on Hezbollah and I won't say it again. You can question it all you want but don't you ever question my patriotism or love for my country and countrymen. When you don't know someone the best thing you can do is keep your mouth shut (that being said without meaning to offend you) or at least try to understand the other's position. Thus the possibilty of using PMs to contact me so we can discuss this matter in detail.

Your topic was just a childish attempt at answering my posts. Nothing more, nothing less.
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 07, 2006
nick81, i saw your MSN and i wanted to take it and talk to you, after i posted my topic i questioned my self to delete it or not and i couldn't, and i didn't want to edit it, at the moment i read your post i was so carried out at some points you mentioned, i didn't mean to offend you at all, and i'm sorry if you felt like that, and it wasn't a childish try or anything, you just said something unacceptable to me, and this post was so filled, and i didn't want to post it, if you are free, and would like to discuss this i'm more than happy to do it, and about the post, if you think it's offending i'm sorry but this's my opinion...
Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 07, 2006
Rami wrote:nick81, i saw your MSN and i wanted to take it and talk to you, after i posted my topic i questioned my self to delete it or not and i couldn't, and i didn't want to edit it, at the moment i read your post i was so carried out at some points you mentioned, i didn't mean to offend you at all, and i'm sorry if you felt like that, and it wasn't a childish try or anything, you just said something unacceptable to me, and this post was so filled, and i didn't want to post it, if you are free, and would like to discuss this i'm more than happy to do it, and about the post, if you think it's offending i'm sorry but this's my opinion...

No problem. You could've just PM'd me and said u disagreed with me. If I resorted to name calling and exploded everytime someone said something unacceptable around me I would've died of a heart attack a long time ago. You just need to learn how to deal with other ppl's opinions no matter how different they are than yours. It's not like my opinion is going to change your life...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 07, 2006
arniegang wrote:I too have watched this video. I have to say he gave them a run for thier money.

GG, you either love him or hate him - personally i think we need more MP's like him prepared to stand up and actually say what they think.

I will let you into a little secret. I happen to know personally a very very senior figure currently back in the Whitehouse, but works for the US Govt in UAE.

In confidence he has told me that the VAST majority on Capitol Hill actually disagree with Bush, but no one like Galloway is prepared to stand up and say so.

:shock:
I would love to know who that US government figure is...

The US Democratic party has let itself go - it's become servile and has reduced itself to something that is undistinguishable from the mainstream Republican party. So one can't expect much from the "moderate" Republicans themselves. The Neo-cons hold way too much power and control, despite their enormous blunders. I've read that a recent power struggle has emerged involving the most die-hards of Neo-Cons and other Republicans and that even Condi Rice is slowly being undermined. I don't know how much of this is true though...

Yeah, in the US Congress and in US politics in general, there is currently no one that even comes close to Galloway's methods of standing up for the truth in such a defiant way and without fear. It's really too bad.
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 07, 2006
alexandra wrote:
freza wrote:
alexandra wrote:

r

alexandra,

see freza the thing is that to be objective u have to listen and to collect informations from the both parts involved in the conflict-this is how i see things- (this is in general)
now when it comes to the topic in here i think ppl should do the same before speaking up, come with insults against nations(civilians) instead of blaming the real responables :their GOV, the UN etc
i mean why all this hate is being generalized into phrases like "israel must die"---sometimes somebody has to die in order to have peace but i think that this war is unfair, an abuse , a threat to world peace and it shows only that life is a joke for the GOvs, and civilians are pupets with no rights whatsoever in this crap what they call war!

this is only my point of view and as much as i could be wrong in some aspects i could be right in some others!

Alexandra,

I agree with you on the most part. But I want to clarify some things: I'm speaking for myself only on these issues: I do not hate Israel, but I hate it's politics, as much as I hate George Bush's politics. This does not mean that I am consumed my anger or that I want death for Israel, I have never said this, and it would be very silly for me to think this. I bet many people here hate George Bush - yet they're not accussed of being irrational and angry. Also, I do keep up with the "other side" of the news and view both side of a story. Just because my opinion is strongly worded (according to some) does not mean I lack objectivity when reaching my conclusions. One last thing; I believe that the power of "the people", of ordinary citizens, should never be undermined. Citizens can sway governments and can change the course of history. I find it unfortunate and telling though, that the the vast majority of Israeli citizens are supporting this war.
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 07, 2006
freza
i respect ur opinion as much i respect anybody's. and it happens that i agree with most u posted in here, only that on some point of the debate things got "in flames" to put it that way.and if ur opinion is based on knowing the both sides story than u might be one of the few who r not a media "pupet" who believe that pigs can fly if it's broadcasted by CNN :roll:

what i want to underline is that i did not say/assume that u hate Israel civilians nor i did say that u wish death to them. what i saied it was not directed to u but to those who did say that or to those who think so!
hope u get exactelly what i mean now!
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 07, 2006
Well folks,

Here are my 2 fils (as in Dubai)

After countless pages here is my "analysis" and opinion for whatever it is worth.

1. Lionheart = no changing his mind, perhaps been lacked in the basement, or attic for too long without any exposure.
2. Freza = too young and simply spouting "beliefs" without much tought
3. Corcovado = understandibly emotional but a bit way off on the total hatred aspect but under the circumstances undertandable.
4. Nick81 = pained yet keeping his head above board and contributing in a meaningful way.
5. Choco = admire her commitment and thought process which is neither belligerent nor offensive although objectionable to some above but in a way that she will not be offended by the responses as she respects other's opinions.
6. Kanelli = middle of the road and "on the ball" if everone thought the same way the world would be a better place.
7. Nostradamus, Mr. & Mrs. Enquirer and Serpent "something" = before you have the urge to respond just hit your head on the wall you will get more satisfaction and a less painful response.
8. Marph33 - smart and provacative - somewhat of a jewish slant but I supsect only to provoke.
9. Maad = someone with both the arab and western perspective as well as a sense of humor to make a difference.
10. Sheriwadi = see #9 execpt a bit more serious.

Everyone else including mysel just intermeddlers.

Then again, who the hell made me the "analyst".
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2006
Nick81 wrote:
Rami wrote:nick81, i saw your MSN and i wanted to take it and talk to you, after i posted my topic i questioned my self to delete it or not and i couldn't, and i didn't want to edit it, at the moment i read your post i was so carried out at some points you mentioned, i didn't mean to offend you at all, and i'm sorry if you felt like that, and it wasn't a childish try or anything, you just said something unacceptable to me, and this post was so filled, and i didn't want to post it, if you are free, and would like to discuss this i'm more than happy to do it, and about the post, if you think it's offending i'm sorry but this's my opinion...

No problem. You could've just PM'd me and said u disagreed with me. If I resorted to name calling and exploded everytime someone said something unacceptable around me I would've died of a heart attack a long time ago. You just need to learn how to deal with other ppl's opinions no matter how different they are than yours. It's not like my opinion is going to change your life...

thanks to both of you, for showing us an excellent example of disagreeing with dignity and respect.

respect
arniegang

Aug 07, 2006
freza wrote:
arniegang wrote:I too have watched this video. I have to say he gave them a run for thier money.

:shock:
I would love to know who that US government figure is...

The US Democratic party has let itself go - it's become servile and has reduced itself to something that is undistinguishable from the mainstream Republican party. So one can't expect much from the "moderate" Republicans themselves. The Neo-cons hold way too much power and control, despite their enormous blunders. I've read that a recent power struggle has emerged involving the most die-hards of Neo-Cons and other Republicans and that even Condi Rice is slowly being undermined. I don't know how much of this is true though...

Yeah, in the US Congress and in US politics in general, there is currently no one that even comes close to Galloway's methods of standing up for the truth in such a defiant way and without fear. It's really too bad.

Thats true, the red-neck republicans are in power till atleast the next us election. They represent conservative american's stance for an aggresive foreign policy with complete disregard for any other nation's opinion or values, except for Israel.

Bush is a Jew lover and so was his dad. :wink:
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 07, 2006
[quote="Concord"]Well folks,

Here are my 2 fils (as in Dubai)

After countless pages here is my "analysis" and opinion for whatever it is worth.

save your money you will need it . :D
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 07, 2006
Sorry bud I got more money than you can imagine. If you don't beleive me "I'll show you mine" if "you show me yours" so shut up!!!!!!!!!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2006
A Reuters photograph of smoke rising from buildings in Beirut has been withdrawn after coming under attack by American web logs. The blogs accused Reuters of distorting the photograph to include more smoke and damage.
The photograph showed two very heavy plumes of black smoke billowing from buildings in Beirut after an Air Force attack on the Lebanese capital. Reuters has since withdrawn the photograph from its website, along a message admitting that the image was distorted, and an apology to editors.
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 07, 2006
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:A Reuters photograph of smoke rising from buildings in Beirut has been withdrawn after coming under attack by American web logs. The blogs accused Reuters of distorting the photograph to include more smoke and damage.
The photograph showed two very heavy plumes of black smoke billowing from buildings in Beirut after an Air Force attack on the Lebanese capital. Reuters has since withdrawn the photograph from its website, along a message admitting that the image was distorted, and an apology to editors.

ok
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2006
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:A Reuters photograph of smoke rising from buildings in Beirut has been withdrawn after coming under attack by American web logs. The blogs accused Reuters of distorting the photograph to include more smoke and damage.

and the point was?????? :?
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 08, 2006
I like GG's liberal politics, but I lost a lot of respect for him for being on Saddam's payroll. Makes him no different than any other politician.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 08, 2006
alexandra wrote:freza
i respect ur opinion as much i respect anybody's. and it happens that i agree with most u posted in here, only that on some point of the debate things got "in flames" to put it that way.and if ur opinion is based on knowing the both sides story than u might be one of the few who r not a media "pupet" who believe that pigs can fly if it's broadcasted by CNN :roll:

what i want to underline is that i did not say/assume that u hate Israel civilians nor i did say that u wish death to them. what i saied it was not directed to u but to those who did say that or to those who think so!
hope u get exactelly what i mean now!

ok alexandra, thanks for clearing things up too; understood. :wink:
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 08, 2006
Olmert starts firestorm by saying after war victory there may expedite "realignment" :(
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 08, 2006
mraph - what led you to believe that Gorgeous George was on Saddam's payroll?

I used to work with Iraqi Kurds in the early 90's and remember that GG was one of the few MPs that spoke out against Saddam's treatment of Iraqis - but at the time Saddam was the darling of the west.

Rumsfeld met with Saddam more times than GG - Rumsfeld was selling arms, George was in Iraq trying to save children's lives with the Miriam foundation.

I'm not a member of the GG fan-club - but I have to say, he speaks more sense than most politicians I've come across.

cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 08, 2006
shafique, mraph33 just didn't want to address what Galloway had to say...
freza
Dubai chat master

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums