Prostitutes In The UAE

Topic locked
Jun 06, 2006
kanelli wrote:
MaaaD wrote:you can never attract buisnessmen to a city without them, so to build a buisness hub you need them ..

Uh, the men should be here on business because there is business to do. I highly doubt that all the prostitution is for businessmen...

Some of us have husbands who are businessman, and they aren't travelling to world cities to have s.e.x with prostitutes. Thanks :)

well i was wrong to generalize. But i was just showing where the demand comes from. The buisnessmen 20 years ago chose to do buisness in dubai rather than in Abu Dhabi, Doha, or Bahrain because of the "facilities"in Dubai ;) and that kept bringing in more buisness .. Also neighboring Saudi generates a good deal of demand too :)

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2006
as weird it may sound, this is the most logical consequence of the dubai life generally. i mean, businessmen or not, there r much more men than women.
i think its obvious why there r so many hookers.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 06, 2006
raidah wrote:as weird it may sound, this is the most logical consequence of the dubai life generally. i mean, businessmen or not, there r much more men than women.

I second ur opinion
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 06, 2006
Wafaey wrote:
raidah wrote:as weird it may sound, this is the most logical consequence of the dubai life generally. i mean, businessmen or not, there r much more men than women.

I second ur opinion

Something you'd like to share with us Wafaey??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 06, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
Wafaey wrote:

I second ur opinion

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah WAf u can open up ur heart buddy , we r a cool gang, never judge ppl no matter what 8) :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 06, 2006
Wafaey wrote:

I second ur opinion

Do you want a hooker for your Bday ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
Wafaey wrote:

I second ur opinion

yeah, good observation :wink:
i was taking a guess, which u confirmed...give us all the dirty details :wink:
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Prostitutes in the UAE Jun 06, 2006
dubaidiva wrote:Why are there so many prostitutes in a muslim country like UAE? It's so contradicting everything Islam stands for? Isn't it?

Well,
Sorry to break the conv you are having here, but i need to just say something.

Why people keep saying "IT is a Muslim country so........blah blah blah"

First... it is a muslim country but not ruled by islamic laws... the only country in the world is SAUDIARABIA.

Second... yes it is muslim community, and it is the middle east and it is "Muslim" country... but it became cosmopolitan city. and i would think there are more non-muslims than muslims and even visitors than residents.

Thrid.... I think Germany is being ruled by the Christian party, and Italy too where the Vatican is and all other european countries.... BUT still they got prostitution which is legal and pay taxes, so they as good citizens as any of us are .... theoratically speaking..

But here, Hos are "mostly" on visit visa. their existance is not legal but tolorated, also their business.

That is why in Ramadan you find huge decrease in their existance.

Dubai is very tollerant country to anything but 1) Drugs, 2) herrasing women.. specially local women.

cheers all
yshimy

Jun 06, 2006
isnt Iran also ruled my islamic law ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2006
Yeah, too bad the respect doesn't apply to all women. I get treated like a prostitute even when wearing business attire that covers my body completely (except hair of course). It is so insulting. There is a ridiculous stereotype that Western women are all available. As.sholes.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 06, 2006
well, about Iran i really don't know, never been there, but more or less they are strict...

Kanelli,

Why you feel that you are being treatede as such??? it is very surprising for me...
yshimy

Jun 06, 2006
kanelli wrote:Yeah, too bad the respect doesn't apply to all women. I get treated like a prostitute even when wearing business attire that covers my body completely (except hair of course). It is so insulting. There is a ridiculous stereotype that Western women are all available. As.sholes.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Kanelli are you over exaggerating !!!
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2006
She has a thing about it Maad - try getting her to put a short skirt on to go out - init K :wink: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 06, 2006
Defining the cause doesn't mean i'm involved in it.
Working ladies hookers whatever they are called now days they are here and nothing is going to change so u have one of 2 choices.
1. Live with it and stop complaining.
2. Leave.
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 06, 2006
It is annoying as a woman though- if I get asked "psss.... pssss...how much" one more time I going to scream! I don't dress like one- even in business suit full covered I get asked!! It can be really intimidating sometimes. I feel like if I walked into a bar on my own that people would be thinking- hooker!

I feel sorry for the girls who get conned into it- what a way to make a living- it must be terrible for them. And I am sorry but men who use them are taking such a massive health risk.

The problem is when it is all mixed up- I know there are specific areas but there seem to be them or potential customers everywhere you go.

Such a shame.
vixnax
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 08, 2006
vixnax wrote:It is annoying as a woman though- if I get asked "psss.... pssss...how much" one more time I going to scream!

I guess that's the difference between women and men.......I'd give them a 2-for-1 discount just for the compliment.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Prostitutes in the UAE Jul 24, 2006
dubaidiva wrote:Why are there so many prostitutes in a muslim country like UAE? It's so contradicting everything Islam stands for? Isn't it?

it is because of exparts, so many bachelors are working here, many men are living without family, they used to go back to their country after 1 or 2 years. So for this reason prostitutes are here. hope u understand what i mean to say.
gLoBalTeCh
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Prostitutes in the UAE Jul 25, 2006
gLoBalTeCh wrote:it is because of exparts, so many bachelors are working here, many men are living without family, they used to go back to their country after 1 or 2 years. So for this reason prostitutes are here. hope u understand what i mean to say.

That is only one part of the truth.
My wife is working in a bar in a 5-star superior hotel in Dubai and guess which nationality the people are who ask her for sxx in about 90% of the cases?
Just to give you one hint: It's neither Indians nor Pakistanis...

Ben
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2006
for pure interest alone, what do they charge? And do they include the standard "Tourist tax"?
stuchil
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2006
mraph33 wrote:I guess that's the difference between women and men.......I'd give them a 2-for-1 discount just for the compliment.

:lol: Now there's one for the bargain bin.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 26, 2006
My wife and I had to get up at 4 am to buy a cough syrup for our child who was coughing hard at that time. The only 24 hour pharmacy near our area is the Bin Sina Pharmacy near the Spinney's Ramada. Guess what....I didn't realize that the area is an absolute whoreplace during that time. Plenty of Chinese and African girls were strutting their wares, some even in skimpy attires! And the irony of it all, a police car passed by but did not do any thing!....it made the girls scampered to dark alleys to hide though :lol: Cars of different shapes and size were also seen roving around the area for, guess what.....
blizzard
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Prostitutes in the UAE Jul 26, 2006
bschmidt wrote:
gLoBalTeCh wrote:it is because of exparts, so many bachelors are working here, many men are living without family, they used to go back to their country after 1 or 2 years. So for this reason prostitutes are here. hope u understand what i mean to say.

That is only one part of the truth.
My wife is working in a bar in a 5-star superior hotel in Dubai and guess which nationality the people are who ask her for sxx in about 90% of the cases?
Just to give you one hint: It's neither Indians nor Pakistanis...

Ben

yep u are right. prosti are only for indian, pakistani, or others exparts and nice women are for.............yes they will force also for s.e.x.
gLoBalTeCh
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 26, 2006
blizzard wrote:My wife and I had to get up at 4 am to buy a cough syrup for our child who was coughing hard at that time. The only 24 hour pharmacy near our area is the Bin Sina Pharmacy near the Spinney's Ramada. Guess what....I didn't realize that the area is an absolute whoreplace during that time. Plenty of Chinese and African girls were strutting their wares, some even in skimpy attires! And the irony of it all, a police car passed by but did not do any thing!....it made the girls scampered to dark alleys to hide though :lol: Cars of different shapes and size were also seen roving around the area for, guess what.....

wait wait wait.....can you give the address again?
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 26, 2006
blizzard wrote: Cars of different shapes and size were also seen roving around the area for, guess what.....

looking for medicine for there sick child :roll: ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 26, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
blizzard wrote: Cars of different shapes and size were also seen roving around the area for, guess what.....

looking for medicine for there sick child :roll: ?

Were there really cars....or is it just a euphemism?
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 27, 2006
your reply make me to judge what you are
gLoBalTeCh
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Prostitue in High level Jul 29, 2006
Prostitution in High level is always right (Society will accept)
if it is low level it is wrong (nobody will accept)

Formula is = wrong or wright power is right
lalicom
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 30, 2006
I have to say that it is good to have prostitution in Dubai - otherwise more women and children would be victimised with s.e.x crimes in the absence of available s.e.x services.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 30, 2006
Actually I know a few people that have been here for the long haul, and one thing that they all say is there were way more rapes, etc. when there wasn't prostitution. I think the police tolerate it because it is a lot less worse then the alternative and although these women get really annoyed with the constant propositions they don’t have the same fear of walking outside as they once did.

Just food for thought, Also there is a huge thread about this from back in the day discussing what things were like before there was large numbers of prostitutes around.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jul 30, 2006
Sounds scary. :shock:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums