Israel And Lebanon

Topic locked
Jul 14, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
mraph33 wrote:
Corcovado wrote:Anyone watching the news???????? r u watching/??? my country is destroyed , we have no electricity , no water, no exits :cry: :cry: and why?? for two coward , cheap, f**king Israeli soldiers who were killing arabs all their lives :evil: :evil: :evil: It hurts to see humanity so rigid and that people dont give a damn about other human beings getting killed.... WAKE UP the world is turning ugly ... :evil: :evil: :evil:

If those 2 soldiers were not kidnapped by people in your country, none of this would have happened. Despite harshness of the Israeli response, this one they didn't start.

really?? ok my dear obviously u have no idea what so ever about whats going on :evil: :evil: israel is stealing my country and its our right to defend it whenever we want :evil: :evil: :x so go and learn b4 being stupid and not knowing anything :evil: :evil: damn u

Ok Corc, I am going to try and be as clear as I can right now.

Yes Israel is a big problem for all Arab countries. Its direct neighbours actually. The rest, as much as they bark, aren't lifting a finger to do somethng about it.

It's our right to defend it? Refer to my previous post about that.

To begin with there is NO "we" in what's happening in Lebanon. Do you think the population, the government KNEW about Hezbollah's plans before we got into this mess? No. Do you think Hezbollah's plan here is limited to "defending" our country and playing heroes? Anyone who trully believes that has obviously no clue whatsoever about what's going on in Lebanon, and Hezbollah's agenda. But I guess all is fine, our hotels are now empty, tourists have fleed. Where to? Well Syria of course. All their hotels are full now, at least for a few days. Jackpot.
Lebanon is still paying the price. Was that what you had in mind Corc when you mentioned it?

Everyone is going to profit from this, EVERYONE but us. When things calm down, Israel will STILL be here, Hezbollah will STILL be here, we will STILL have a crappy government, we will STILL be a broken dream. The only thing that will have changed is that the economy will have gone completely kaput again. But yeah, "WE" made a point right? "WE" kidnapped 2 soldiers, sacrificed a whole country without asking for anyone's opinion. We are trully a model for all other countries.

Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 14, 2006
sorry for double post :P
Nick81

Jul 14, 2006
Nick81 wrote:Everyone is going to profit from this, EVERYONE but us. When things calm down, Israel will STILL be here, Hezbollah will STILL be here, we will STILL have a crappy government, we will STILL be a broken dream. The only thing that will have changed is that the economy will have gone completely kaput again.

Good point. And there are no surprises in the actions taken by Hezbollah or Israel.

The question is, why have a crack at the Lebanese economy, and why now? Things were going well there, tourism and economic growth, reconstruction of Beirut. Yes, Israel's reaction seemed grossly out of proportion to the provocation but they have a history of doing that. So why on earth did Hezbollah give them a poke like this? They know their enemy well enough to know that Israel would retaliate in this way.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 14, 2006
Israel's reaction seemed grossly out of proportion to the provocation. rubbish they need to know who the daddy is... Israel!
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 14, 2006
Mr & Mrs Inquirer wrote:Israel's reaction seemed grossly out of proportion to the provocation. rubbish they need to know who the daddy is... Israel!

GO TO HELL :evil: :evil: :evil: DIE
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 14, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
mraph33 wrote:
Corcovado wrote:Anyone watching the news???????? r u watching/??? my country is destroyed , we have no electricity , no water, no exits :cry: :cry: and why?? for two coward , cheap, f**king Israeli soldiers who were killing arabs all their lives :evil: :evil: :evil: It hurts to see humanity so rigid and that people dont give a damn about other human beings getting killed.... WAKE UP the world is turning ugly ... :evil: :evil: :evil:

If those 2 soldiers were not kidnapped by people in your country, none of this would have happened. Despite harshness of the Israeli response, this one they didn't start.

really?? ok my dear obviously u have no idea what so ever about whats going on :evil: :evil: israel is stealing my country and its our right to defend it whenever we want :evil: :evil: :x so go and learn b4 being stupid and not knowing anything :evil: :evil: damn u

If your looking for the cause of your problems, you should be pointing your finger east and not south. The Syrians have been ruling your country for the last 20 years. But as usual, the Arab response is to blame Israel. And I'll ignore the personal insults....

Mr & Mrs Inquirer wrote:Israel's reaction seemed grossly out of proportion to the provocation. rubbish they need to know who the daddy is... Israel!

Israel's "don't fcuk with us" personality has certainly taken a beating in the past few years. So I guess they are using this opportunity to show everyone that they are the "Bad Boys of the Neighborhood."
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 14, 2006
Corc's just ignore them their posts appear to usually be just to offend or cause trouble
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jul 14, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
mraph33 wrote:

If your looking for the cause of your problems, you should be pointing your finger east and not south. The Syrians have been ruling your country for the last 20 years. But as usual, the Arab response is to blame Israel. And I'll ignore the personal insults....

Israel's "don't fcuk with us" personality has certainly taken a beating in the past few years. So I guess they are using this opportunity to show everyone that they are the "Bad Boys of the Neighborhood."
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 14, 2006
What is very interesting, the Gaza front has compeltely died out ? or is it just being under reported ???
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 14, 2006
mraph can you not start this game of "you started it". I am not going back to history of 3000 years of who started it but lets just talk about recent history.

Hamas had a ceasefire with Israel, until the latter bombed that innocent family on a picnic on the beach in Gaza and then Hamas ended the ceasefire which eventually led to the capture of the soldier in Gaza and which brought over the insane reaction of the Israeli army in Gaza. That prompted Hizbollah to go ahead and capture two soldiers in the north and here we are today.

So do not buy in to the Israeli media ploy of oh we are the victims and got attacked first. It is a chain of events and not isolated events.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 14, 2006
thank u Maaad ....
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 14, 2006
MaaaD wrote:mraph can you not start this game of "you started it". I am not going back to history of 3000 years of who started it but lets just talk about recent history.

Hamas had a ceasefire with Israel, until the latter bombed that innocent family on a picnic on the beach in Gaza and then Hamas ended the ceasefire which eventually led to the capture of the soldier in Gaza and which brought over the insane reaction of the Israeli army in Gaza. That prompted Hizbollah to go ahead and capture two soldiers in the north and here we are today.

So do not buy in to the Israeli media ploy of oh we are the victims and got attacked first. It is a chain of events and not isolated events.

If Hizbollah did not kidnap and attack the soldiers, Israel would not have bombed - correct? Yes, Israel is being heavy handed, but Hizbollah are the ones that stuck their nose in. If you play with fire you will get burned.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 14, 2006
well from some of the news reports I read today to try get some idea of why it is all happening it seems that there are plenty of Lebonese prisoners who are being held in Israeli prisons for many years on end without trial .... sounds like a recipe for anger to be brought against you.
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jul 14, 2006
kanelli wrote:
If Hizbollah did not kidnap and attack the soldiers, Israel would not have bombed - correct? Yes, Israel is being heavy handed, but Hizbollah are the ones that stuck their nose in. If you play with fire you will get burned.

and if Israel didn't shell the beach in Gaza last month (http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/ ... 32,00.html) Hizbollah wouldn't have had to kindap the two soldiers.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 14, 2006
ajb wrote:well from some of the news reports I read today to try get some idea of why it is all happening it seems that there are plenty of Lebonese prisoners who are being held in Israeli prisons for many years on end without trial .... sounds like a recipe for anger to be brought against you.

yes true AJB, there is around 10,000 people. Its called indefinite "Administrative Detention". No trial, no rights. Just Gutanamo style jails.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 14, 2006
as if everyone totaly forgot about israel history , ???????????????????? check this , thats one of their crimes http://almashriq.hiof.no/lebanon/300/35 ... -war/qana/
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 14, 2006
Corcovado wrote:thank u Maaad ....

No problemo ..

Corcs, i know this is a very emotional time for you. I am positive your family, friends and loved ones will be fine. I just dont think you should resort to personal attacks on people who have different opinions to yours. I would rather try my best to convey the "other side" of the story.

I am amazed how the international community at large is condoning this brutal attack, and equating the kidnap of two soldiers (who are almost certainly ALIVE) to the killing of so many innocent civilians, and damage to all this infrastrcuture. What a fucked up world we live in :?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 14, 2006
thanks Corc's .... living on this side of world we are brought up to believe the Middle east is an unstable place but we are never really educated as to why ..... I guess now Im moving to Dubai I have a new found interest to learn about the region its culture and conflicts .... so info is most appreciated
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jul 14, 2006
ajb wrote:Corc's just ignore them their posts appear to usually be just to offend or cause trouble

Yes. Troll posts are intended to provoke, not contribute to a discussion.

Corcovado, it's difficult to read the other posts on this page because of your long line of EEEEs. Perhaps you could delete some of them?
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 14, 2006
ajb wrote:thanks Corc's .... living on this side of world we are brought up to believe the Middle east is an unstable place but we are never really educated as to why ..... I guess now Im moving to Dubai I have a new found interest to learn about the region its culture and conflicts .... so info is most appreciated

sadly it has been the center of the religious (Palestine) and economical (oil) conflict of the world and will continue to be so till either one power completely dominated the area. Or the people are empowered to control there own destiny.

respect the fact that you are seeking out information before making any judgements.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 14, 2006
MaaaD wrote:mraph can you not start this game of "you started it". I am not going back to history of 3000 years of who started it but lets just talk about recent history.

I wasn't trying to simplify 3000 years in to 1 sentence. But the Israel/Lebanon border has been quiet until the Hizbollah capturing of Israeli soldiers there. Lebanon & Gaza are seperate places and Hamas & Hezbollah are seperate organizations.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 14, 2006
MaaaD wrote:What is very interesting, the Gaza front has compeltely died out ? or is it just being under reported ???

Israel has pulled back from central Gaza but say they're still continuing operations elsewhere in Gaza. They carried out an air strike on the Palestinian foreign ministry on Wed. Abbas apparently held secret talks with Israel to find a way to end the Gaza crisis. I guess it's overshadowed by events in Lebanon.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5179382.stm

MaaaD wrote:I am amazed how the international community at large is condoning this brutal attack,

Um, France and Russia condemned the attacks (presume you're talking about the Israeli ones). Qatar put forward a UN resolution which was supported by ten security council members, calling for a halt to the Israeli attacks. Surprisingly, it was vetoed by the US :shock: . But now Bush is saying he will press Israel to stop (I thought I just read that but can't find it again).

Hezbollah claimed they captured the two soldiers to put pressure on Israel to release Palestinian prisoners. I have to scratch my head and wonder where on earth Hezbollah get the idea that such an idea would work. I don't think even Yitzak Rabin would have held back from retaliating.

That's why I wonder if there's something else going on. This picture doesn't make sense on the face of it.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 14, 2006
Hezbollah claimed they captured the two soldiers to put pressure on Israel to release Palestinian prisoners. I have to scratch my head and wonder where on earth Hezbollah get the idea that such an idea would work. I don't think even Yitzak Rabin would have held back from retaliating.

That's why I wonder if there's something else going on. This picture doesn't make sense on the face of it.[/quote]

hezbulla got that idea , because they did before and it worked , and they proved that israel only surrender to force , that why they left lebanon in 1980-and 2000 ...
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 14, 2006
I’m not big into all the conspiracy theories but I do agree that there is definitely something else going on and Israel controlling Hezbollah is a theory that makes more sense. If any of have been watching BBC World today the Israeli’s have flat out said that now they want a lot more than just their 2 soldiers back, they are using this as an opportunity.

Having said that, I agree with previous posts Israel is a much less source of Arab problems then Arabs. If we had our own act together the Muslim world would be in a much better place today.

Anyway my two fils, I don’t claim to be fully knowledgeable about the history in this region.

My heart goes out to all that are sufferring
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jul 14, 2006
Corcovado wrote:hezbulla got that idea , because they did before and it worked , and they proved that israel only surrender to force , that why they left lebanon in 1980-and 2000 ...

Hezbollah was founded in 1982 so not sure how they forced Israel out in 1980. Anyway, Israel only partially withdrew in 1978 leaving behind the SLA to pester UNIFIL. And came back to hit Beirut in 1982. If Hezbollah is claiming that their use of force solves problems, it takes them a long time and costs a lot (1982 - 2000 to get Israel out, and 20,000 Arab lives lost in the meantime).

I don't really believe Hezbollah are an Israeli organisation but they do seem to be doing more for the Israelis than the Lebanese. There are far more Arab than Israeli lives lost while this conflict remains unresolved.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 14, 2006
obviously u forgot about the lebanese resistance before hizbullah ... when beirut was underfire and israel troops were inside the capital the resistance managed to kick them out and then back at 2000 hizbula kicked them out completely so voila 8)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 14, 2006
Corcovado wrote:obviously u forgot about the lebanese resistance before hizbullah ... when beirut was underfire and israel troops were inside the capital the resistance managed to kick them out and then back at 2000 hizbula kicked them out completely so voila 8)

Nobody kicked Israel out of Beirut... You're oversimplifying everything...

I am tired of explaining everything and besides this isn't the purpose of the topic. You can always check wiki or other good sources for FACTS about the Lebanese war, the Israeli invasion etc...

P.S: Just out of curiosity, what is this "resistance" in Beirut you speak of?
Nick81

Jul 14, 2006
lebanese resistance... communists.... Nick Remember U R LEBANESE
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 14, 2006
Corcovado wrote:lebanese resistance... communists.... Nick Remember U R LEBANESE

Yes I am. And proud to be one. Unfortunately patriotism is something that has been quite nonexistent in our country for a long long time. We are too busy joining parties, diving ourselves and fighting in the name of a clown.

Everyone has lost sight of the big picture, of our children's future. This is what I keep in mind when I watch the news now. This is what I see when I see the tourists fleeing, when I see Israel bombarding our cities, and the bearded fools barking in front of cameras that the rest of the country better side with them and not make any comments favorable to Israel.

I hope thar for once, there will a good conclusion, a justification for what happened. Let's hope we can force Hezbollah to disarm and start actually controlling South Lebanon and removing the influence of those Syria/Iran sell-outs.
Nick81

Jul 14, 2006
Nick81 wrote:
Corcovado wrote:obviously u forgot about the lebanese resistance before hizbullah ... when beirut was underfire and israel troops were inside the capital the resistance managed to kick them out and then back at 2000 hizbula kicked them out completely so voila 8)

Nobody kicked Israel out of Beirut... You're oversimplifying everything...

I am tired of explaining everything and besides this isn't the purpose of the topic. You can always check wiki or other good sources for FACTS about the Lebanese war, the Israeli invasion etc...

P.S: Just out of curiosity, what is this "resistance" in Beirut you speak of?

buddy wiki is written by some biased guy........isreal did face some casualities and secondly were fed up of controlling a land which gave em no use...(as resources) so they thought let's leave..........BTW this shows how UN is effective
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums