Driving In The U.A.E Is A Kin To Driving In The Whacky Races

Topic locked
Mar 27, 2006
Wow Fayz, chill pill dude.

Sniper and Kit, I have to respectfully disagree with you. A car is certainly not a car. I drive a small 4x4 but when I put it in for a service I borrow my dad's little Mazda, and boy do I notice the difference! You get bullied, pushed around, cut up, people think that because you're driving a small car they can bully boy you, it's horrible.

Anyway I'm out with the Police as part of the Caltex Roadstar Campaign today, so I shall be asking them about all this!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

a car... Mar 27, 2006
choc...what i was talking about was that a car, is a car no matter what, it just gets you there...you know, since they were talking about a hyndai vs a toyota, beamer what not...

as far as road safety with small cars are concerned, i really think that whoever designs such small cars should die inside one in an accident, so they would finally stop making those little cars...its UNSAFE TO BE IN ONE OF THEM..come on..the people that design these cars and the owners and distributors dont even drive them...they drive something else.
Kitster
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: a car... Mar 27, 2006
Kitster wrote:choc...what i was talking about was that a car, is a car no matter what, it just gets you there...you know, since they were talking about a hyndai vs a toyota, beamer what not...

as far as road safety with small cars are concerned, i really think that whoever designs such small cars should die inside one in an accident, so they would finally stop making those little cars...its UNSAFE TO BE IN ONE OF THEM..come on..the people that design these cars and the owners and distributors dont even drive them...they drive something else.

Little and crappy numpty cars are cheap.

Cheap = you pays your money and you take your choice = Crap

:lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: alls fair... Mar 27, 2006
[quote="sniper420
u r rite Kitser. Arnie is a person of high principles but low practice........talking about rascism and RESPECT.......I can see how much arrogant he is of his VW beetle and sneering at a poor man car. Car is a car and doesnt matter as long as u drive good. Respect! duh! :roll:[/quote]

I am not a racsist, i drive a BMW750iL, its German and, it cost bucket loads of money, you're right Sniper i dont do poor man stuff

i have 3 other cars as well, for when i fancy a change of colour

Arrogant - Moi :shock: Neverrrrrrr :P

8) 8)
arniegang

HAHAHAHAHAH Mar 27, 2006
HAHAHAHAHAHA...ur hopeless arnie! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:
Kitster
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 27, 2006
To the Mr. and Mrs. RETARD INQUIRER.

You stupid racist fcuk. Why don't you go back to your pathetic little island that you left because it sucks so much and leave us Yanks, Indians, Pakistanis, and Arabs alone....

If I ever see you on the street, I'll be sure to drive like the countless numbers of British moron drivers out there and run you over.

Like the UK has no accidents. LOSER!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2006
I will say that I think the UAE needs a multi-national police force, which would undoubtably help. When you're living in a country with so many nationalities speaking so many different languages, it makes sense to have officers who are capable of speaking many different languages to be able to deal with it.

Also it would stop the problem of the polcie being too scared to reprimand some people because of their low number licence plate or blacked out windows - we all know it happens so please nobody deny it!

Dubai Police are going to be implementing a points system, they sort of have one now but it's crap. So the new one will be similar to that of European countries. 12 points and you lose your licence. Points are normally added in blocks of 3's, 4's or 5's and are issued for speeding offences, light jumping, going down ahrd shoulders etc.

That would stop some of the speeding buggers, the ones who 'budget' for their fines every year - how pathetic is that!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 27, 2006
As for Mr & Mrs. I've seen many Westerners driving badly as well, the problem is across the board, but some nationalities are worse than others, but it's stupid to say that Europeans are the best because I've seen some of the driving degenerate so much they're just as bad, and believe me if I catch up with them I damn well let them know it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 27, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:I will say that I think the UAE needs a multi-national police force,

I agree 100%, a multi-national force would help a great deal.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 27, 2006
fayz wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:I will say that I think the UAE needs a multi-national police force,

I agree 100%, a multi-national force would help a great deal.

I have a hard time picturing a local being lectured by an Indian cop or a European accepting a Dubai policeman's salary... :P
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2006
but that is the whole point that Indian cop should have the full backup of the police chief and maybe those individuals who believe they are above the law will quickly realize that no one is.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

great... Mar 27, 2006
wow...another mystery solved yet again...

liban has a good point...and put it this way, if you put a multi national police force out there, maybe it would create more problems...think about it...if you were the one to wear a badge, you would beed to be a little patriotic to make that that sacrifice...how could you do that if youre not from this country...different people think differently, and to give it to other nationalities...well...my two fills on this is that its going to create more problems than it would solutions...then theres liban's point...putting that into a realistic context, if you were a yank, pommie, chinese, indian, pakistani etc...would you put yourself in harm's way and possibly dying in a country other than your own? for what?
Kitster
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 27, 2006
fayz wrote:but that is the whole point that Indian cop should have the full backup of the police chief and maybe those individuals who believe they are above the law will quickly realize that no one is.

Still, I would find it humrous to see those who think they are "superior" to Indians taking a reprimand from them :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2006
Whats a pommie?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2006
Er guys, there aren't many locals in the police force now!!!!! They're from other GCC cuontries, why do you think they don't reprimand the nationals - they're too scared.

If you actually had UAE nationals in the police force, then I think they'd command mroe respect and be able to deal with bad national drivers.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 27, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Er guys, there aren't many locals in the police force now!!!!! They're from other GCC cuontries, why do you think they don't reprimand the nationals - they're too scared.

If you actually had UAE nationals in the police force, then I think they'd command mroe respect and be able to deal with bad national drivers.

Actually most of them are from Yemen with Egyptians a close second. Those two countries are NOT in the GCC.

Nationals usually take up more senior positions and do not accept what they view as "lower-level" traffic cop duties.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2006
Liban wrote:
fayz wrote:but that is the whole point that Indian cop should have the full backup of the police chief and maybe those individuals who believe they are above the law will quickly realize that no one is.

Still, I would find it humrous to see those who think they are "superior" to Indians taking a reprimand from them :)

well I guess those who think like that would be spanked by shoes of indian man.....would b cool
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: alls fair... Mar 27, 2006
arniegang wrote:[quote="sniper420
u r rite Kitser. Arnie is a person of high principles but low practice........talking about rascism and RESPECT.......I can see how much arrogant he is of his VW beetle and sneering at a poor man car. Car is a car and doesnt matter as long as u drive good. Respect! duh! :roll:

I am not a racsist, i drive a BMW750iL, its German and, it cost bucket loads of money, you're right Sniper i dont do poor man stuff

i have 3 other cars as well, for when i fancy a change of colour

Arrogant - Moi :shock: Neverrrrrrr :P

8) 8)[/quote]
Oh myyyyyyy I though BMW was brit car! oh my german! 3 other! mmm all sissy colors i bet...
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2006
Liban wrote:To the Mr. and Mrs. RETARD INQUIRER.

You stupid racist fcuk. Why don't you go back to your pathetic little island that you left because it sucks so much and leave us Yanks, Indians, Pakistanis, and Arabs alone....

If I ever see you on the street, I'll be sure to drive like the countless numbers of British moron drivers out there and run you over.

what about the insult arnie threw at ur face deal with it first then otehr later..........doesnt have the guts to yell at arnie
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2006
sniper, your feeble attempts to inflame the issue won't work. Don't you have something better to do with your time than try to pit people against each other. Go read a book or something. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 27, 2006
kanelli wrote:Despite all of this, there will still be people who think that it is perfectly okay to drive on the hard and soft shoulders to pass people, and drive with excessive speed. They will just say that it was rare for Ben to be pushing his car, and Jossy to be fixing his tire - they have to be acceptable casualties because hey - that is just the way people drive here.

Give me a f$#king break. :evil:

Every one of you reading this who speeds, doesn't use a lane change signal, crosses across two or three lanes at once, weaves in and out of traffic, drives on the hard and soft shoulders to pass people, crosses over u-turn lanes, backs up to catch a missed exit or crosses in front of people to make an exit on short notice - you are all potential murderers. Your bad habits are not worth someone else's life.

Cross-posted from the thread about two recent road casualities - Ben and Jossy.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 27, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
Liban wrote:To the Mr. and Mrs. RETARD INQUIRER.

what about the insult arnie threw at ur face deal with it first then otehr later..........doesnt have the guts to yell at arnie

EDITED FOR BREAKING FORUM RULES.

NO FLAMING.
arniegang

Mar 27, 2006
sniper420 wrote:

I edited Arnie's posts because they are flames and thus break forum rules.

Also Arnie is an old man in his late forties with nithing better to do than show off the fact that he own gay colored cars and spend time on the net rather than doing something more creative with his time....

I have nothing to say to someone who can't help but be pathetic.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2006
Liban, your post breaks the rules! Are you now going to edit it?

The hypocrisy runs rampant here! :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 27, 2006
how can someone who drives a numpty daewoo (which is a car) be flaming in Auto.

Some of us are so wealthy Liban we dont have to work, the money just rolls in as i tap away on my laptop.

now get back to work and earn your pittance

arniegang

Mar 27, 2006
kanelli wrote:Liban, your post breaks the rules! Are you now going to edit it?

He just dont want anyone to know he drives a car worth about 5 fils K

arniegang

Mar 27, 2006

no he was just balabing the truth....truth is truth but it hurts......hope the old man is ready with his bp tablets and his will.........Oh Wait a min! he has daughter.....hehehe my wicked mind has a plan........ :twisted:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2006

I hear a fly buzzing.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2006
Sniper, a flame is a flame.

Earlier I suggested that you read a book. Make it a grammar and writing book :lol:

Oops, now this post needs to be edited :wink:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 27, 2006
kanelli wrote:Sniper, a flame is a flame.

Earlier I suggested that you read a book. Make it a grammar and writing book :lol:

Oops, now this post needs to be edited :wink:

why dont U read a book and stop messing this thread! Liban u can continue...... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto