Driving In The U.A.E Is A Kin To Driving In The Whacky Races

Topic locked
Mar 27, 2006
:roll: Can we move this pleeeeeeez? Fight Club is the place for this.

GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 27, 2006
Mr & Mrs, please oh please stop with your high horse attitude, the rest of us Brits on here have a hard enough time as it is to uphold our reputation and you're making and arse of yourself and the rest of us.

Keep your sad opinions to yourself because they're certainly not representative of the rest of us.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 27, 2006
OK so I was out with the police today as part of the Caltex Roadstar to reward good drivers.

I have to say it was pretty hard to find many at all! The Captain of the police we were out with was local and a very nice man, whilst the officer driving the police car accompanying us was fro Yemen - Liban you were correct most of the officers are fro Yemen or Egypt.

The officer said they get so many hassles from pulling bad driving locals, they constantly argue or reel in their mate in high places to get their points taken off or the fines reduced. But he also said many of them are just mouthy and when he's called for back up and hauled them off to the police station they normally are quiet and behave. But he did point out that Nationals are pretty awful on the roads but are getting better, he also said the Indians and Pakistanis are pretty awful too - from the horses mouth so no more arguments over who's worst!!!!

They said that there are bad drivers from all nationalities and they have big issues policing the roads. One major issue they have is actually 'slow' drivers, you know the ones who sit in the second lane to the fast one, causing people to undertake them, he said these people cause many accidents and are a pain and they should drive in the right hand lane.

For those of you who are interested the nationalities we rewarded were: Sri Lankan, Indian, Iranian, a Scot and two nationals, a man and a woman.

It was so funny as we followed the national gentleman we made sure he was wearing a seat belt, he signalled at every turn, kept to the speed limit, he even had his mobile docked in the speaker system. He was so appreciative and said he would donate the money we gave him to charity. Lovely guy and a great example of how all people should drive.

We followed one lady for a while as we couldn't see if she was wearing her seat belt. She had a baby in a child seat strapped in, which was good, but sadly, no she wasn't wearing her own seat belt. Some people were really good then would dash through a light as it turned red, or fail to indicate, or push in, weren't wearing seatbelts, talking of the phone, the list is endless.

It was a veer interesting experience, had to laugh though as we headed towards Mumzar park two kids flew up the road on quad bikes. The Captain said these things are a big problem and they're very difficult to catch as they just hop over the curb and disappear down a backstreet.

Out again on Wednesday. But honestly the police have a long way to go. The points system is onyl being implemented in Abu Dhabi not Dubai.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 28, 2006
Interesting Choco. Great initiative!!
Back to my pet hate!!
Even on the way to school this morning I saw kids not belted in! Why!!?? It is sooooo irresponsible!! The thing is too these are people with varying nationalities-it particularly appals me though when there is no way these people would do this in their home country. A police blitz is needed and some billboard campaigns. Home has had a few visually sickening advertising campaigns for this sort of thing simultaneously coupled with a police crackdown and fines. It seems to work-I don't know anyone at home who wouldn't belt their kids in and for that matter I've never met a kid at home over the age of five that doesn't automatically belt themselves in. There seems to be a prevailing attitude here that people will do whatever they can because they figure they'll get away with it.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 28, 2006
Hey GAB,

Well Caltex and the Motor Sport Federation will soon be taking an initiative into schools to teach children about safety in cars.

Children should be taught to belt themselves in the back of the car and to tell the parent to make sure they're buckled up.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 30, 2006
The rest of us Brits on here have a hard enough time as it is to uphold our reputation? You need to get out more and stop watching all those black and white films on the T.V and also so buy a good base ball bat I would suggest an aluminium one for a woman

Ps dont forget BRITS rule the world :twisted:
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 30, 2006
Oh get a life you sad losers! We live in a multi-cultural society, get over it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 30, 2006
hay there bimbo it is Brits like you that give real Brits the bad reputation the way you suck-up to all the aliens

we have no problems they know were Brits by our GB plate

dont forget BRITS rule the world ( ask any yank)
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 30, 2006
Mr & Mrs Inquirer wrote:hay there bimbo it is Brits like you that give real Brits the bad reputation the way you suck-up to all the aliens

Excuse ME !!!!

I am a Brit and i have the utmost high regard for Chocs, as do many others on this forum.

You are a very rude and ignorant man calling her, or any other woman names.

You are the disgrace in this forum and a disgrace to yourself, and i am embarressed that you are bringing our homeland into disrepute.

I suggest you apologise or fek off, in my mind you are not welcome here.

Mods/Liban

Can you remove this ignorant persons comments please.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 31, 2006
Mr & Mrs Inquirer wrote:hay there bimbo it is Brits like you that give real Brits the bad reputation the way you suck-up to all the aliens

so why come to Dubai forums or Dubai itself? Pimping ur wife?get a life :x
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 31, 2006
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Either
1. you are bored and trolling for a reaction in which case - well done, you win
2. for your own reasons you are trying to reinforce a sterotype of Brits as arrogant idiots who are out-of touch with reality
3. you really believe what you write in which case you are seriously deluded and need to go back to Britain, stay in and not watch any TV or do anything which will bring you into contact with the real world because it will only upset you. I feel sorry for you that you were born at least 100 years too late.
homie
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 31, 2006
homie wrote:Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Either
1. you are bored and trolling for a reaction in which case - well done, you win
2. for your own reasons you are trying to reinforce a sterotype of Brits as arrogant idiots who are out-of touch with reality
3. you really believe what you write in which case you are seriously deluded and need to go back to Britain, stay in and not watch any TV or do anything which will bring you into contact with the real world because it will only upset you. I feel sorry for you that you were born at least 100 years too late.

hehehe good reply homie........Ppl like Inquirer are such a disgrace to Brits :x
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 01, 2006
Arnie, Homie, Sniper, good points.

Hey Inquirer, loser bi-yatch! I didn't get my status in this town by being a bimbo! I've got more intellegence in my little finger than you have in your whole er oh wait no sorry you don't seem to have a brain! And your head is so far up your arse you eat your own sh** for breakfast.

Now get lost loser! People like you are a disgrace to our nation. You're not welcome here.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 01, 2006
homie- nice post. :D They're obviously looking for a reaction :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 01, 2006
Look princess you will stay a miss until you learn who is boss and keep your mouth shut

Ps the dishes require washing :)
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 01, 2006
I propose everyone just ignores him.

Liban can you lock this thread please.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 01, 2006
Dishes, oh I suppose you have a maid to skivyy around after you all day because you're too darn lazy to do it yourself.

Shall we call you Wayne and Waynetta Slob from now on!

And by the way if you do go around with a GB on your car, then with your attitude towards others, it wouldn't surpirse me in the slightest if you find it trashed one day!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 01, 2006
You’re so funny. Dishes.... that is woman’s work.
And what is wrong with a GB plate on a Vehicle we are all ways polite and courteous to all other road users even to woman drivers in Chelsea tractors :)
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 02, 2006
Blha blah blah!

Go away, you're not welcome.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 02, 2006
Mr and Mrs Inquirer,

You have ruined this thread. I now have no choice but to lock it.

You are a pathetic individual.

Regards,

Liban
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto