Brit Moslim Protest

Topic locked
Apr 06, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
dee7o wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:For one the Pols are bloody hard workers - they EARN their living, they don't just come in and sponge off the state - off ME actually! That's the problem most of us have with immigration, is that the majority of people refuse to integrate, refuse to work and refuse to contribute! These people I have zero tolerance for! Those whoi wish to work, to fit and and to contribute, then come on in!

So you have integrated into UAE culture? Heck I am an Arab and I haven't. Not every immigration model has to be a melting pot. I was in Canada and in the States. In Canada they expect you to bring your culture with you because they believe the multicultural model enriches the country. In the US you are expected to leave all you know behind and embrace Americanism: the model that boasts the highest obesity rates in the world. Guess what, no one has tried to blow up anything in Canada and there is minimal crime. On the other hand in the USA........well you know.

So, you go to America and the mentality is for you to become obese? Obesity is not a requirement to live in the US. Other countries are addressing the problem of obesity, such as the UK and the UAE.

And regarding "refusing to work". How many Asians SE or FE have you heard of who are on welfare in Western Countries? How about you compare that to the rate of native Caucasians in those places? Who are the tax payers dishing out their money to feed/clothe/home? Asians or "native people" who aren't even really native in many cases (not talking about the UK here).

FYI, illegal immigrants are not entitled to welfare in the US, but they are the biggest offenders when it comes to medical and education. When illegals have children these children are entitled to a free education even though their parents don't pay into the tax system. The American taxpayer gets the bill. Even children who are in the US illegally get the benefit of an education up to grade 12.

When they go to clinics or hospitals and they are treated they skip on the bill so the hospital has to "eat it". If the hospital or clinic has a sliding scale payment, they claim they don't have money. People who hold the green card or passport bring their parents to the US on a visit visa and guess what! the parent needs surgery. They already know what hospital they are going to bring them to to have the surgery, because they did their homework before the parent came and found which hospital has sliding scale payments and then claim they have no money, so the surgery is free. After the surgery they put the parent back on the plane and send them home.

Illegals in the US contribute nothing to the country or economy. Most of the money they earn goes back to their country of origin and they pay no taxes. Granted they take jobs that many wouldn't, but that doesn't entitle them to live off the taxpayer and contribute nothing back into the economy.

And if the government catches up with them they want to stay in the US because their children are US citizens. Well, I say they should ALL go back to their native country and when the kids are old enough they can return to the US and become productive citizens.

Illegals and legal immigrants know how to work the system in the country they reside in and it doesn't matter what country they came from. [/b]

What are you talking about? What brought illegal immigrants into this? This topic was about some sri lankan dude in the UK who discriminated against people by accent and refused them service. Who mentioned illegal entry? I don't condone illegal crossing of borders no matter what the color, race or profession of the person. Besides, what do you mean "illegal immigrants are not entitled to welfare"? Well Duh!!! They don't exist in the eyes of the government and what moron would go up to social security when they are not even a legal resident of the country? We are discussing the value of people who enter a country legally, fulfill all the immigration requirements set by the government and attempt to build a life. Are these people harmful or an asset?

dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 06, 2009
dee7o wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
dee7o wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:For one the Pols are bloody hard workers - they EARN their living, they don't just come in and sponge off the state - off ME actually! That's the problem most of us have with immigration, is that the majority of people refuse to integrate, refuse to work and refuse to contribute! These people I have zero tolerance for! Those whoi wish to work, to fit and and to contribute, then come on in!

So you have integrated into UAE culture? Heck I am an Arab and I haven't. Not every immigration model has to be a melting pot. I was in Canada and in the States. In Canada they expect you to bring your culture with you because they believe the multicultural model enriches the country. In the US you are expected to leave all you know behind and embrace Americanism: the model that boasts the highest obesity rates in the world. Guess what, no one has tried to blow up anything in Canada and there is minimal crime. On the other hand in the USA........well you know.

So, you go to America and the mentality is for you to become obese? Obesity is not a requirement to live in the US. Other countries are addressing the problem of obesity, such as the UK and the UAE.

And regarding "refusing to work". How many Asians SE or FE have you heard of who are on welfare in Western Countries? How about you compare that to the rate of native Caucasians in those places? Who are the tax payers dishing out their money to feed/clothe/home? Asians or "native people" who aren't even really native in many cases (not talking about the UK here).

FYI, illegal immigrants are not entitled to welfare in the US, but they are the biggest offenders when it comes to medical and education. When illegals have children these children are entitled to a free education even though their parents don't pay into the tax system. The American taxpayer gets the bill. Even children who are in the US illegally get the benefit of an education up to grade 12.

When they go to clinics or hospitals and they are treated they skip on the bill so the hospital has to "eat it". If the hospital or clinic has a sliding scale payment, they claim they don't have money. People who hold the green card or passport bring their parents to the US on a visit visa and guess what! the parent needs surgery. They already know what hospital they are going to bring them to to have the surgery, because they did their homework before the parent came and found which hospital has sliding scale payments and then claim they have no money, so the surgery is free. After the surgery they put the parent back on the plane and send them home.

Illegals in the US contribute nothing to the country or economy. Most of the money they earn goes back to their country of origin and they pay no taxes. Granted they take jobs that many wouldn't, but that doesn't entitle them to live off the taxpayer and contribute nothing back into the economy.

And if the government catches up with them they want to stay in the US because their children are US citizens. Well, I say they should ALL go back to their native country and when the kids are old enough they can return to the US and become productive citizens.

Illegals and legal immigrants know how to work the system in the country they reside in and it doesn't matter what country they came from. [/b]

What are you talking about? What brought illegal immigrants into this? This topic was about some sri lankan dude in the UK who discriminated against people by accent and refused them service. Who mentioned illegal entry? I don't condone illegal crossing of borders no matter what the color, race or profession of the person. Besides, what do you mean "illegal immigrants are not entitled to welfare"? Well Duh!!! They don't exist in the eyes of the government and what moron would go up to social security when they are not even a legal resident of the country? We are discussing the value of people who enter a country legally, fulfill all the immigration requirements set by the government and attempt to build a life. Are these people harmful or an asset?

lol hehehhe
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 08, 2009
dee7o wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
dee7o wrote:

Would you please start reading the posts from the beginning? You just can't walk into the middle of something and think you know what is going on like you do. And many threads go off track because of a comment someone made and I was not the first one to bring up illegal immigrants.
Be informed before you start exposing yourself for what you are.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 09, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
dee7o wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
dee7o wrote:

Would you please start reading the posts from the beginning? You just can't walk into the middle of something and think you know what is going on like you do. And many threads go off track because of a comment someone made and I was not the first one to bring up illegal immigrants.

What an eloquent and informative post:
You were replying to my post which you quoted. The post where I was talking about people on the welfare system. Your answer was that illegal immigrants also abuse the system. Well, obviously. The very fact that they are even in the country is intolerable abuse of the social and legal system. That puts them totally out of the equation because no one can put up an argument in their favor and I definitely have no intention to. I was talking about legal citizens and residents and the demographics of those who use (not abuse) the welfare system in a manner that is legally within their rights, therefore being a burden on tax payers. Your reply to this was first a discussion about outlaws who shouldn't be in the country in the first place and second a claim that I either cannot read or choose to neglect to read posts. What kind of sense does that make? And what exactly is this about exposing one's self for what he/she is? I have no problem being insulted but let it be in a definitive manner that means something.

Anyway, however my tone might read, I am not trying to fight with you or offend you. I just thought your reply was not directly relevant to what you quoted but to each his own.
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 09, 2009
dee7o wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
dee7o wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
dee7o wrote:

What an eloquent and informative post:
You were replying to my post which you quoted. The post where I was talking about people on the welfare system. Your answer was that illegal immigrants also abuse the system. Well, obviously. The very fact that they are even in the country is intolerable abuse of the social and legal system. That puts them totally out of the equation because no one can put up an argument in their favor and I definitely have no intention to. I was talking about legal citizens and residents and the demographics of those who use (not abuse) the welfare system in a manner that is legally within their rights, therefore being a burden on tax payers. Your reply to this was first a discussion about outlaws who shouldn't be in the country in the first place and second a claim that I either cannot read or choose to neglect to read posts. What kind of sense does that make? And what exactly is this about exposing one's self for what he/she is? I have no problem being insulted but let it be in a definitive manner that means something.

Anyway, however my tone might read, I am not trying to fight with you or offend you. I just thought your reply was not directly relevant to what you quoted but to each his own.

Your initial post was a bit rude, but no offense taken. As for exposing one's self - it tends to lend itself to one's mentality as I am sure that you are very aware of (if you live in the UAE). I think it comes across pretty clearly that I am for the US - New York, hence the directness (damn, I just can't get that under control!!!)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 09, 2009
I think the whole directness thing might have been both ways on our parts. Anyway directness beats hypocrisy any day so at least we agree on that if on little else.
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 10, 2009
I guess we could have one very heated debate if taken to task. But we will avoid that for now.

We're good. :)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk