Rape Victim

Topic locked
Rape victim Aug 01, 2006
Hi

I'm a journalist with The Times of London.

I'm writing a story at the moment about the 23-year-old stewardess who was raped by a group of UAE nationals in the Jumeirah district in September last year.

I was wondering if anyone on Dubai Forums her might know her, or know someone who knows her.

If so, I'd be most grateful if you would get in touch. There's a couple of questions I would like to ask.

Jonathan

Hack
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 01, 2006
I am pretty sure she must've left the UAE. In some Arab countries rape victims face prosecution themselves...

This is something I found online:

"Sixteen-year-old Isma Mahmood was deported to Pakistan last month after serving six months in shackles and handcuffs in a prison in Saudi Arabia. Her crime: being raped by a Saudi man.
"

The guy was untouched. The girl was the one judged, jailed and deported...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 01, 2006
Edited by Mod

so the woman is to be blamed for being raped??
u might be a nice person otherwice, but if this is ur idea about how and why women get raped, than what u need is to become a victime urself, ur anus ripped up, be beaten to half dead and than rott in jail for letting them do that to u.
i wonder what would ur scenario be than... :evil:
raidah

Aug 01, 2006
edited by Mod

this is kinda sick to think that way about women in general and flight attendants in particular.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 01, 2006
and the preson did not ask for scenarios
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 01, 2006
edited by Mod

What scary arsed world are you living in!!!!

There is nothing that you can say that would justify that in any circumstance, culture or country. :evil:
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 01, 2006
Edited by Mod

I can't believe you said things like that!!!!!!!

Even tho a girl agree with going somewhere with a man, it doesn't mean she is going to sleep with the man!!! There are many innocent people who think arab guys are so religous and conservative, and they won't do such things. For example, I'd never know the real arab men like before I actually live in Dubai. Before I came to Dubai, all I thought arab people are conservative and not allow to even talk about s_e_x!

AND a flight attendant is not a hooker, I think you head is so f*uked up if you think a flight attendant is the same as a hooker. I wonder what you think your mother is as she is a woman too??
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 01, 2006
Speaking of victims and things. My workmate told me a lot of stories about crimes and stuff. He told me he had witnessed a couple of crimes or incidents, but he never seen the stories in any of the newspaper or news.

He has been here for 10 years, he told me he saw someone was murdered one time (actually saw the body and knew that he was murder by his friend) and the other time was he saw a dead body at the Creek, but these never had gone to the newspaper. He said people at the top probably trying to cover up a lot of things happening in Dubai, as they don't want to scare the tourists away.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 01, 2006
i think you may have a paragraph or two for your story based on the above posts :!: sadly
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 01, 2006
FeiPo wrote:
I can't believe you said things like that!!!!!!!

Even tho a girl agree with going somewhere with a man, it doesn't mean she is going to sleep with the man!!! There are many innocent people who think arab guys are so religous and conservative, and they won't do such things. For example, I'd never know the real arab men like before I actually live in Dubai. Before I came to Dubai, all I thought arab people are conservative and not allow to even talk about s_e_x!

AND a flight attendant is not a hooker, I think you head is so f*uked up if you think a flight attendant is the same as a hooker. I wonder what you think your mother is as she is a woman too??

actually, some flight attendants can be slutty, my co worker used to be a flight attendant, male, he told me bunch of stories that would happen while working, but it does not mean u go and rape females who are flight attendants and it is definitely wrong to think all of them are this way.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Rape victim Aug 01, 2006
Hack wrote:Hi

Jonathan

Reporting on the dark side of Dubai seems to be interesting many journalist these days. The Mail ran a story about the plight of construction workers a couple of weeks ago... absolute exploitation :(
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 01, 2006
acording to the law, if a woman says NO, whatever happened before does not matter anymore. the man should stop. would he continue and force himself on her, it is rape. so no matter how that woman is or how she behaved, there is NO EXCUSE for rape. not to mention that even death caused by a bullet in the head has more dignity than being a rape victime. and as open minded and modern a society might get, it will always be shameful becoming such a victime. it is the most degradating thing that can happen to a person.
and on top of it, be put in jail because one could not defend herself...disgusting
raidah

Re: Rape victim Aug 01, 2006
Hack wrote:Hi

I'm writing a story at the moment about the 23-year-old stewardess who was raped by a group of UAE nationals in the Jumeirah district in September last year.

I was wondering if anyone on Dubai Forums her might know her, or know someone who knows her.

If so, I'd be most grateful if you would get in touch. There's a couple of questions I would like to ask.

Jonathan

i think it would help u to chek some online local newspapers to get more info. if the story was presented there u can get a name for this 23 yo woman. it's difficult to find that girl only by the story and her age...as i think she is not the only victim of such situations.
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 01, 2006
Edited by Mod

i think it's wrong to make such assumptions as long as u lack facts to support ur "story"
and no matter what kind of behaviour she had there is no excuse for a rape. and why should she be the punished one : she is the victim in all that crap! i think men have no ideea about how much suffering a rape victim can have.
we r not animals to act by instinct! damn! there is no excuse for such thing! :evil:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 02, 2006
Edited by Mod

Your ideas on rape are fuc%ed up! enough said.
ajb
Dubai chat master

Aug 02, 2006
In this part of the world you just have to be Western to be considered a fairy. Being Western alone automatically means you don't get the benefit of the doubt. I think they've been watching too many Hollywood movies and they have no concept of s.e.xual freedom and the rights of a woman.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 02, 2006
raidah wrote:acording to the law, if a woman says NO, whatever happened before does not matter anymore. the man should stop. would he continue and force himself on her, it is rape. so no matter how that woman is or how she behaved, there is NO EXCUSE for rape. not to mention that even death caused by a bullet in the head has more dignity than being a rape victime. and as open minded and modern a society might get, it will always be shameful becoming such a victime. it is the most degradating thing that can happen to a person.
and on top of it, be put in jail because one could not defend herself...disgusting

this is true, however, i think that it is not the victim,but the rapist who should be ashamed of the deed
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 02, 2006
IMJ wrote:
raidah wrote:acording to the law, if a woman says NO, whatever happened before does not matter anymore. the man should stop. would he continue and force himself on her, it is rape. so no matter how that woman is or how she behaved, there is NO EXCUSE for rape. not to mention that even death caused by a bullet in the head has more dignity than being a rape victime. and as open minded and modern a society might get, it will always be shameful becoming such a victime. it is the most degradating thing that can happen to a person.

this is true, however, i think that it is not the victim,but the rapist who should be ashamed of the deed

i know, that was my point too. only that since its so degradating, victims will always be ashamed. and as if this 1st humiliation was not enough, they get a second punishment.
raidah

Aug 02, 2006
The girl was semi drunk and was offered a ride back across the street to the crew accomodation. She was not after money nor marriage - let alone rape!

I just lost a whole lot of respect for you with this POS post.

edited by Mod
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 02, 2006
yshimy wrote:I don't.

But to give you prespective.

I'm not generalizing but tell you about what mostly happen.

Senario 1:
A lady work in a place and a local guy hit on her. She think that she would be his wife or mistress and get alot of money. She accept to go to his home (which is considered very indecent to happen among arabs) and for sure she knows that they are not going there to see his DVD collection. Then She find that his friends are there and they have rape her.
She is not complete innocent, as she was greedy and know that they guy asking her for his apartment or villa is asking her for S*x.

Senario 2:
Stewerdess in most of the time, and selective Prostitue, work from now and then or even a regular PRo.
She ask for alot of money, they agree, they take her have fun with her, but don't pay.

She creat a story that she was rapped

Well, story might differ, but above is what most propably what happened

you can't be serious and if you are, then there is something seriously wrong with you.
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 03, 2006
yshimy's post was really shocking. I didn't expect such a disgusting post from him. I'm very disappointed. :(
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 03, 2006
Nick81 wrote:I am pretty sure she must've left the UAE. In some Arab countries rape victims face prosecution themselves...

This is something I found online:

"Sixteen-year-old Isma Mahmood was deported to Pakistan last month after serving six months in shackles and handcuffs in a prison in Saudi Arabia. Her crime: being raped by a Saudi man.
"

The guy was untouched. The girl was the one judged, jailed and deported...

These guys are very disrespectful to woman. I hope someone treat's their daughters or sisters the way they have treated the poor girl..
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 03, 2006
Lionheart wrote:These guys are very disrespectful to woman. I hope someone treat's their daughters or sisters the way they have treated the poor girl..

it is horrible to wish things like this, Lionheart.
there is nothing worse than watch ur close ones suffer for ur actions.
but i belileve that sometimes things happen exactly like u said, those ppl get to see how their loved ones suffer from something similar to what they did and realise how wrong their deeds were.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 03, 2006
they would probably disown their daughter ....

Better punishment would be to be put in prison for their crime where they can become the prison yard Bitc# themselves
ajb
Dubai chat master

Aug 03, 2006
Lionheart wrote:

These guys are very disrespectful to woman. I hope someone treat's their daughters or sisters the way they have treated the poor girl..

...this is just amazing. so a man destroyes a woman's life, humiliates her and his punishment should be that his wife, daughter, sister gets it back...?? i cant even comment this. so again the ones who should pay because some men r worse than beasts, are women...

Lionheart, i guess u were trying to sympathise with that girl, but with this comment u actually said that if smbody treated the women of those men as they have treated the poor girl, u would find it right...u could justify it...how would u be different than from them???
raidah

Aug 03, 2006
Well, that's what you get in male dominated societies. They rape and abuse women, then the women get the blame and face punishment.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 03, 2006
Ok,

All, Please calm down and have mercy on me.

Some people knows me here and they must understand that i didn't mean bad about the lady or flight attendents, neither that the man shouldn't be punished.

This might be cruel, but i belive of the islamic punishment "despite it is not in action" that a rapper should be stoned to death in public. as i belive if this is being done once, you can be sure noone will do it for at least 10 years ahead.

Back to my post.

I said i'm not generalizing, but i'm giving scenarios that happens alot in Dubai.

The morle i was After in my post was.... Gurls, please be cautious and don't make yourself a victim.

I'm an arab and have female friends who come to my place to watch a movie or have a friendly dinner with others or alone and no problem in that.

So i didn't mean that western ladies are bad or that flight attendents or stewards are bit*es or anything.

May be it was bad from me to post such a post while i'm about to leave work so i didn't illustrate my point in the right way.

For the poster of the original post, i just wanted him to understand some cases take place here in Dubai..... They might be happening everywhere else "Rape is widespread". But in Dubai, as locals have certain privilages and Prostitution is illegal so they can't report when such thing happen.... IT happens alot here the situation in mentioned as scenario one.

And yes,... alot of ladies "i don't blame them" are looking for local husband to ensure a "rich" life.

I DON't MEAN THAT ALL LADIES ARE AS SUCH. so spare me your flaming.

I met alot of ladies who spend alot of effort and time to live decent and don't take the short cut for the jackpot.

At last.

Another thing i want not only ladies to understand but everyone. That we are not victims unless we make ourselves a pray.
I wouldn't go to the Bronx in the states, or walk in dark allies in london in slum area and have mugged and they sit an cry ok, hope you got my point.

Again, I hope that all countries do the islamic shariaa to stone rapists to death in public.

YES it is bloody cruel, but imagine how many ladies be saved with such a law.

Cheers and hope you all forgive me if i wasn't clear, and accept my opinion if you don't agree with me.
yshimy

Aug 03, 2006
yshimy, you haven't clarified much - it seems you still believe what you wrote. I think that flight attendants would not be impressed to hear that "it happens a lot" that they are prostitutes and try to marry rich local men etc.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 03, 2006
yshimy wrote:...........
At last.

Another thing i want not only ladies to understand but everyone. That we are not victims unless we make ourselves a pray.
I wouldn't go to the Bronx in the states, or walk in dark allies in london in slum area and have mugged and they sit an cry ok, hope you got my point.

it seems u r trying to say rapes happen everywhere not only in Dubai, but no one was saying anything about that, person only asked if we knew anything about that case.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 03, 2006
OK

to make it clear.

Flight attendents are not prostitutes, and not alot of them do that.

What i meant by "it happens alot" i mean for the part where locals get "professional pros" and not pay them.

The other part is that some ladies "not specific job" try to marry locals for the benefits.

Also men try, but they fear to try to interact with local ladies, due to the consequences of that.

Which happens in Europe "i'm not saying European women are prosititutes" But it happens in Europe so the Men can get the nationality and get the benefits of being European.

So it is the same Senario.

Ok about the guy who were asking if anyone knows the lady... Well i twas a freaking bad working day and i was just telling a "Side story" about what happens here and pros that are not getting paid and can't report it or reported and claim they are not pros and they are raped.
This is what i tried to say in a nut shell

My bad that i tried to post such a thing.....
yshimy

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums