Israel - Above The Law?

Topic locked
Israel - above the law? Aug 19, 2006
Tonight's news - Israel enters into a sovereign territory and kidnaps the Palestinian Deputy PM. They call it an 'arrest' - the world says nothing. Kidnapping is ok if carried out by the Israelis? Imagine what would happen if Syria, say, went in and similarly arrested the Israeli defence minister for war crimes!!!

Israel launch attack into Lebanon and break the ceasefire (even according to a US spokesperson), but say they were trying to stop Hezbollah rearming, but provide no proof of such a claim. Bush refuses to condemn the action.

Is it just me that thinks that Israel and US just don't get it? They can't really think these actions are justifiable??

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 20, 2006
Can't find much info on the kidnapping at all.

But certainly the 'raid' not necessarily attack, was not justified at all.

I can see this all kicking off again very soon.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 20, 2006
The kidnapping of the deputy PM has been well publicised and is on all the news channels. The Palestinian PM has called on the international community to help free the Deputy PM.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5267876.stm

I see that Kofi Anan has said he is 'deeply concerned' about Israel's violation of the ceasefire and is taking a hard line on this and other violations of the ceasefire (he cites Israeli fighter planes violating the ceasefire as well).

Typically, the Israelis are saying they haven't violated the ceasefire!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 20, 2006
Thanks Shaf. Yeah it's all a bit rubbish to be honest. And I note that still many countries are saying they won't join the UN to send in peacekeeping troops, seems everyone is backing away from this one - not a good sign.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 20, 2006
Just saw a news report on the BBC that speculated that the reason behind the kidnapping of the Hamas politicians is to set up a 'prisoner exchange' for the kidnapped soldier in Gaza.

How is this any different from Hizbollah 'kidnapping' two soldiers and asking for a prisoner exchange?

You couldn't make this up!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 20, 2006
shafique wrote:Just saw a news report on the BBC that speculated that the reason behind the kidnapping of the Hamas politicians is to set up a 'prisoner exchange' for the kidnapped soldier in Gaza.

How is this any different from Hizbollah 'kidnapping' two soldiers and asking for a prisoner exchange?

You couldn't make this up!

Cheers,
Shafique

Double standard for sure. Money is the only solution.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 20, 2006
Israel will continue to do what it wants because it knows it can. It is very frustrating to sit back and watch it happen.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 20, 2006
Israel is deseprate for a "win"... all are acts of desepration ... This isnt the first kidnapped Palestinian politicain they also have in custody a Palestinian MP. and 4 ministers... (along with 10,000 other Palestinians ofcourse)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 20, 2006
'not really taking side here for Israel but with regards to the Hezbollah attack thing it might be media's renegade again. . I dont think were hearing 100% real truth as to whats happening out there. :?
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 20, 2006
zam wrote:'not really taking side here for Israel but with regards to the Hezbollah attack thing it might be media's renegade again. . I dont think were hearing 100% real truth as to whats happening out there. :?

ooh yeah!!! please dont say ur one of the people who thinks that Qana massacre was staged too !!!! Israel is violating all the rules and its a fact and yes believe it or not israel goverment is evil and they kill arabs on purpose :evil: :!: :evil:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 20, 2006
Zam - the UN is condemning the Israeli raid on Lebanon as a violation of the ceasefire. I therefore do not think it is media manipulation here.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 20, 2006
Israel will continue to do what it wants because it knows it can :lol: so get over it whingers
le-serpent-rouge
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 20, 2006
le-serpent-rouge wrote:Israel will continue to do what it wants because it knows it can :lol: so get over it whingers

Israel however will eventually have to suffer the repercussions of their actions.

It seems that they're not very well liked, and they wonder why?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 20, 2006
Hey dont shoot the messanger!!! As Ive said I am not for Israel nor for Lebanon. I hope my signature says it all. :evil:

But is it not possible, that Hezbolla could have fired the first bang and Israel of course just responded? :(

During the time the ceasefire wasnt implemented yet, I was watching BBC news blow by blow. But as to my surprise,newscaster from Lebanon continously reported how many people died and this and that. And then reporters from Israel is simply reporting that Hezbolla is firing rockets here and there blah blah. No specific numbers on the casulty. Have you ever thought of that :?:
zam

Aug 20, 2006
zam - I watched the BBC and they did report every death on the Israeli side as it happened.

Every day they gave a running count of the numbers dead on both sides, breaking it down between civilians and soldiers/militants. The Israeli figures were from the IDF themselves.

Can't see the media bias myself - especially not in the case of this thread and Israel's actions yesterday.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 20, 2006
(quote)Israel however will eventually have to suffer the repercussions of their actions.
(R) you wish

(quote)It seems that they're not very well liked, ..
(R) Yer only in the third world/arrb area

the US/UK/world want the terrorists to suffer first
le-serpent-rouge
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 20, 2006
rouge ??? :roll:
zam

Aug 20, 2006
le-serpent-rouge wrote:(quote)Israel however will eventually have to suffer the repercussions of their actions.
(R) you wish

(quote)It seems that they're not very well liked, ..
(R) Yer only in the third world/arrb area

the US/UK/world want the terrorists to suffer first

I'm pretty impressed by your computer skills d00d.

I fear the army of Israeli Cyber Ninjas!

In the meantime, realise that fear and oppression only makes people want to kill you, not like you.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 28, 2006
believe it israel goverment is not evil you losers your all just like valkyrie "it" is a loser too gone for ever from FF.com :lol: :lol: :lol:
le-serpent-rouge
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 29, 2006
le-serpent-rouge wrote:believe it israel goverment is not evil you losers your all just like valkyrie "it" is a loser too gone for ever from FF.com :lol: :lol: :lol:

OOOOOOOOh now i see u r from FF which valkyrie asked us to join. That forum is for bunch of morons or rats who think their hole is largest and best in da world. so mediocre ppl most of em if not all. I can easily piss em including u off.... :twisted:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums