France To Vote On 'genocide' Law

Topic locked
France to vote on 'genocide' law Oct 12, 2006
The French parliament is due to vote on a law that would make it a crime to deny that Turkey perpetrated a genocide against Armenians in 1915-17.

Bogus-Borgas
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 12, 2006
Let me guess, another troll from ff.com?
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Oct 13, 2006
I think this is great. These victims need to be recognized and I think it's a bigger shame to Turkey that they're being forced to recognize it rather than if they would just admit the truth.
Mint Tulip
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 13, 2006
Mint Tulip wrote:I think this is great. These victims need to be recognized and I think it's a bigger shame to Turkey that they're being forced to recognize it rather than if they would just admit the truth.

y make a law? Jeeez where os the freedom gone?u think by punishig a person he/she is gonna accept the fact? BS
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 13, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
Mint Tulip wrote:I think this is great. These victims need to be recognized and I think it's a bigger shame to Turkey that they're being forced to recognize it rather than if they would just admit the truth.

y make a law? Jeeez where os the freedom gone?u think by punishig a person he/she is gonna accept the fact? BS

I don't think making it a law is the great idea by the way, and to be honest I don't necessarily think that one country should have taken this project (a neutral entity would have been better). But rather I think the message is the great thing. I think it's important to recognize that the rest of the world does believe in honoring these victims even though the country responsible for the killings does not want to admit it. Wouldn't it be great if all injustices and perpetuators were exposed in some official way and with equality?
Mint Tulip
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 13, 2006
Mint Tulip wrote:
sniper420 wrote:

I don't think making it a law is the great idea by the way, and to be honest I don't necessarily think that one country should have taken this project (a neutral entity would have been better). But rather I think the message is the great thing. I think it's important to recognize that the rest of the world does believe in honoring these victims even though the country responsible for the killings does not want to admit it. Wouldn't it be great if all injustices and perpetuators were exposed in some official way and with equality?

how many cong ppl and algerains have they massacred? Quite preposterous to blame other countries when thye cant see their violent past........if u tak einto account of all deaths due to empire expansion, Ottamans will have far less deaths compared to french. BHAm that!
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums