Emirates Airlines Stadium Promoting Israel !!!!

Topic locked
Emirates Airlines Stadium promoting Israel !!!! Feb 27, 2006

Arsenal football club has signed a sponsorship deal to promote Israel as a tourist destination from next season.

Arsenal said it had cleared the deal with officials in the United Arab Emirates, whose national airline bought the naming rights to the new stadium.

more at :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4753546.stm

I am appalled at this association of "Arsenal Emirates Stadium" with promoting of tourism to Israel !!!!!!! I hope that this has been a big mistake and Emirates will either withdraw sponsorship from Arsenal or ask the Arsenal to stop its sponsorship deal with Israeli tourism !!!

Does anyone have contacts inside of Emirates airlines ? i searched the net for a complaints email coudlnt find one. just phone numbers.

i am gonna email 7days, gulfnews and other newspapers. If anyone is the least bit concerend with justice in Palestine please react to this.

Peace

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
:shock: :shock: :shock: How can this be? Having had the opportunity to go to Palestine recently and seeing with my own eyes the abusive conditions Palestinians experience every day, this is sad.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 27, 2006
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
All Emirates have done is pay to have naming rights on the stadium and as a sponsor. It gives them no rights to have a say in what other deals Arsenal players sign up for.

Plus to back out of such a sponsorship would cost millions.

Plus do you really think football fans will give two hoots about this? Not really! Theu don't care whose name is one the shirt.

I was personally appalled when they named the stadium after Emirates.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 27, 2006
Well I am happy they named their stadium Emirates. Goes to show Arab clout...

I am dismayed by the other peice of news....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:All Emirates have done is pay to have naming rights on the stadium and as a sponsor. It gives them no rights to have a say in what other deals Arsenal players sign up for.

Arsenal said it had cleared the deal with officials in the United Arab Emirates, whose national airline bought the naming rights to the new stadium.

If they had said they have no other option that would be one thing, the article clearly said they gave the green light. Your telling me Arsenal would risk a 100 million pound deal with Emirates for a 350,000 pound deal with Israeli tourism board ? I doubt it.

Chocoholic wrote:Plus do you really think football fans will give two hoots about this? Not really! Theu don't care whose name is one the shirt.

thats a completely off-topic and different issue
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:All Emirates have done is pay to have naming rights on the stadium and as a sponsor. It gives them no rights to have a say in what other deals Arsenal players sign up for.

Plus do you really think football fans will give two hoots about this? Not really! Theu don't care whose name is one the shirt.

Racist & bigot
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
Liban, Uncalled for and untrue, can you stop throwing insults. You're no better, you're racist for having set ideas against westerners and constantly slagging them off, and you're a bigot, because you're so closed minded towards anyone that has an opposing opinions to yours - and you can't handle that. You're like a little boy that jumps up and down and throws his toys out the pram everytime he doesn't get his own way - you are PATHETIC!!!!!

Plus I was not giving MY opinion, but merely stating FACT and the mentality of football fans, they won't care!

Anyway, to give an opinion from someone that ACTUALLY WORKS FOR EMIRATES - MY FATHER!!!!!

He thinks it's a very very stupid idea and they should have refused it, as it'll just cause major problems all over again.

Happy Now!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 27, 2006
you guys need to try to have a civil debate without calling out names seriously grow up please.

Choco, no one really cares about the football fans. its Emirates customers that matter in the end of the day , and i can assure you a majority of them are not going to be happy with this. Lets see how much publicity this will get in local media.

And your dad is a wise man .. where did you come from :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
You said that you were "personally appalled that they named it Emirates"....

So thats not a personal opinion????????

I';m sure if a stadium here was named London Stadium you would not be appalled but happy...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
Damn straight!

Maad, I'm sorry but the post dickhead over there threw in was totally uncalled for, so why don't moan at him and not me, or are you now his new lapdog in place of Sniper?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 27, 2006
Liban i am not defending choco, but i think if Solidere in Beirut was renamed British Airways Solidere you would be appalled too .. there is a natural thing in all of us to get all nationalistic when a foriegn company is all over our country ..

point in case the DWP fiasco in the US ..

but thats sooo off-topic of this thread.

BACK TO TOPIC ! plz.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Damn straight!

Maad, I'm sorry but the post dickhead over there threw in was totally uncalled for, so why don't moan at him and not me, or are you now his new lapdog in place of Sniper?

i f&cking feel like i am in a nursery in here sometimes

you guys need to try to have a civil debate without calling out names seriously grow up please.

i didnt single out anyone i said you guys
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
Poor MaaaD - trying to be a good diplomat

(Kidding!)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 27, 2006
kanelli wrote:Poor MaaaD - trying to be a good diplomat

(Kidding!)

BAHAHAHA funny
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
okay enough bullsh|t .. back to topic.. kanelli ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
MaaaD wrote:okay enough bullsh|t .. back to topic.. kanelli ?

Yes MaaaD? I wasn't posting in this topic, except to tease you with the Diplomat :) You want my opinion on this topic or something?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 27, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Liban i am not defending choco, but i think if Solidere in Beirut was renamed British Airways Solidere you would be appalled too .. there is a natural thing in all of us to get all nationalistic when a foriegn company is all over our country ..

BACK TO TOPIC ! plz.

How exactly is it 'sooo off-topic' :?:

It seems rife with prejudice just like what is being claimed regarding the DPW deal.
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2006
kanelli wrote:

Yes MaaaD? I wasn't posting in this topic, except to tease you with the Diplomat :) You want my opinion on this topic or something?

if your highness wants to grace us with it ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
What happened to getting back on topic?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 28, 2006
MaaD,

Keep us updated with the reply from the newspapers you sent to.
Hope to see it on their cover pages soon.

Cheers
yshimy

Feb 28, 2006
Actually just to reply to Liban on the naming of the stadium and why I didn't like it, which had nothing to do with the name Emirates or the fact that's it's arab etc etc as he's like to assume - he does that alot without waiting for the actually explanation. As my old news editor said 'Never assume - it make an ASS out of U and ME!'

I was appalled, because Emirates has a lot of internal problems which require attention, they're understaffed, the staff they do have are underpaid, there aren't enough crew for the flights and extras routes they keep scheduling, many flights are delayed or cancelled simply because they can't find a pilot to fly the plane! Many crew are doing ridiculous turn around shifts because there aren't enough. The airline is growing at and incredible rate, but it'll get to a breaking point, because there just aren't the staff to run it. And you have people like my father who for years now have been requesting extra staff to enable them to do there job properly, but it all falls on deaf ears. People are just expected to take the extra work load, which is now becoming virtually impossible.

So the reason I didn't like it, is I thought it a complete waste of money to put your name to a football stadium, when what they should be doing is putting their hand in their pocket and sorting out there own issues first!

Now if you still have the same opinion, then fine, your problem, but I think Emirates should take care of their own first and sort out their own infrastructure.

Maad,

With regard to what the staff think, I don't think many have had the time to even think about it. But from what I can gather, it's just kinda well Emirates OK'd it, so batten down the hatches and see what happens.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 28, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
kanelli wrote:

if your highness wants to grace us with it ;)

Believe it or not, this is something I don't really have an opinion about. Maybe I just think it is a minor issue. :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 28, 2006
Emirates has MBAs working for them. They are aware of their internal problems but they have a specific strategy. they are following it to the letter. Fault it all you want, it is working.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 28, 2006
Liban wrote:Emirates has MBAs working for them. They are aware of their internal problems but they have a specific strategy. they are following it to the letter. Fault it all you want, it is working.

I disagree 6 of my last 8 flights have been delayed, it isn't working they are having problems. I'm sure they'll get there act together and things will improve this is just a sign of growing pains, but hey if enough Muslims protest the Arsenal thing maybe they won't have to worry about that exponential growth factor.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 28, 2006
I will most likely fly Emirates out of New York soon.... Of course it depends on what they quote me... They are so expensive.

If I do that flight, I will report on it :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 28, 2006
so you support Israel and its tourism promotions then? tsk tsk tsk.

i want to be nominated for a wooden spoon :lol: :lol:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 28, 2006
You're too sweet and nice to be nominated for a Wooden Spoon Award Fayz. We can spot your attempts too easily! :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 28, 2006
Liban wrote:Emirates has MBAs working for them. They are aware of their internal problems but they have a specific strategy. they are following it to the letter. Fault it all you want, it is working.

Totally disagree! Try telling that to my father who comes home everyday totally stressed out because his team are under so much pressure to cope with the few staff they have.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 28, 2006
Well better to have less than more employees...

MEA didn't become a Class A carrier until it got rid of its blouted workforce....

Olympic is still Class B, though some agents say its Class C, and its workforce is bloated...

But I guess too little ain't too great either...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums