Visa Types

Re-enter for Argentineans Nov 29, 2006
Hi,

My girlfriend is Argentinean and needs a Visit or Tourist Visa (as I understood, it will not be issued to her at the airport like to e.g. EU citizens).
I can sponsor her a visit visa (I'm going to be employed in the UAE). Can she also do this sort of "visa run" to pick up a new visit visa when the old one runs out?

Thanks - Tom

TomK
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Re-enter for Argentineans Nov 30, 2006
TomK wrote:Hi,

My girlfriend is Argentinean and needs a Visit or Tourist Visa (as I understood, it will not be issued to her at the airport like to e.g. EU citizens).
I can sponsor her a visit visa (I'm going to be employed in the UAE). Can she also do this sort of "visa run" to pick up a new visit visa when the old one runs out?

Thanks - Tom

It can be renewed after 2 or 3 months depending on the duration of her visa. One has to leave the country before the visa expired then come back or you can pay certain amount & renew the visa without leaving the country.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

One has to leave the country before the visa expired then come back or you can pay certain amount & renew the visa without leaving the country.

asc_26: Just to make sure that I get that right: as long as I keep issuing her new Visit Visas every 2/3 months (and paying the fees...), she wouldn't even have to leave the UAE for the time she's staying (lets say a year)? Would be great...

Thanks - Tom
TomK
Dubai Forum Guest

TomK wrote:
One has to leave the country before the visa expired then come back or you can pay certain amount & renew the visa without leaving the country.

asc_26: Just to make sure that I get that right: as long as I keep issuing her new Visit Visas every 2/3 months (and paying the fees...), she wouldn't even have to leave the UAE for the time she's staying (lets say a year)? Would be great...

Thanks - Tom

That is correct, the amount to pay for not leaving the Country after 2 months for (Visa Run) is Dhs. 500.00.

Please also read the following thread;

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=14222

Good Luck
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 07, 2007
Please note-up to-date information regarding entry visit visa;

kryptoknight
Dubai Forum Guest

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:16 pm Post subject: Issue Resolved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I made my Visa run and have new information for others that might wind up in the same situation.

First of all the visit visa continues to be 60 days not 30 for countries that have enjoyed this privilage in the past.

The person at customs who stamped my passport simply made a mistake.

Make sure when you go through customs you request the 60 day pass to be safe.

There was nothing they could do after the fact except say sorry.

I now have a new 60 day stamp.

Cheers,

kryptoknight
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 28, 2007
Good Day,

I'm new here, just curious about the rumor regarding the age limit for the working visa (filipino women) here in dubai. in the news they said that you must be 25 yrs. old for you to be legally employed. I'm really concern about this issue, because my sister in law just graduated last year she went here to look for a job and luckily she is working now, but the problem is her age she is only 21 yrs old at the moment. I wish someone here can enlighten me, and please if you have reference please post it here.

Thanks..
hallowbyte
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jun 19, 2007
hi everyone,

i'm moving out permanently in july but returning to the uk in december, i have a job and a sponsor but obviously my work / residents visa won't be sorted out until after i arrive in dubai.

so, i'm going to book a return flight (glasgow - dubai, dubai - glasgow) with approximately six months in between flights. as a uk citizen i'll get the visit visa on arrival, but do you think there will be any trouble getting into dubai with a return flight booked in six months time, without a work visa in place when i arrive at customs? if i showed the uae customs in dubai airport my 'offer of employment contract' would they accept that?

i suppose the obvious thing would be just to book an early return and change the dates once i've got my work visa

thanks for your help, any advice would be great[/i]
jcraiggibson
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 19, 2007
TomK wrote:asc_26: Just to make sure that I get that right: as long as I keep issuing her new Visit Visas every 2/3 months (and paying the fees...), she wouldn't even have to leave the UAE for the time she's staying (lets say a year)?

Recently I read reports that there will be a renewal limit of 2 or 3 times, then you have to stay out of the UAE for a month.

jcraiggibson wrote:but do you think there will be any trouble getting into dubai with a return flight booked in six months time, without a work visa in place when i arrive at customs?

No, I don't.

if i showed the uae customs in dubai airport my 'offer of employment contract' would they accept that?

Don't show them contract, just give passport and get a visit visa.

Dubai visa information.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 20, 2007
thanks for your advice Bonk, appreciated

also, asc_26, regarding renewing your girlfriend's visa perpetually, there might be a problem with it. that used to be ok but as bonk said, they've changed the rules on renewing visas.

someone staying on a visit visa can only renew it twice (initial three months, cross the border and come back again, second three months, cross the border and come back again, third and final three months) before having to leave the country for a month before they are allowed to re-enter dubai and start the process again

i hope that's not too much of a kick in the teeth - i'm in the same boat

here's a link on it:
http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Employment/10121924.html
jcraiggibson
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 24, 2007
jcraiggibson wrote:someone staying on a visit visa can only renew it twice (initial three months, cross the border and come back again, second three months, cross the border and come back again, third and final three months) before having to leave the country for a month before they are allowed to re-enter dubai and start the process again

Two months at a time plus one month extension which costs 500 dhs.

jcraiggibson wrote:i hope that's not too much of a kick in the teeth - i'm in the same boat

You and thousands more. This might become one of those "flexible" rules.
bonk

Jun 25, 2007
New type of visa - work mission visa

The Ministry of Labour has already begun the process of accepting work mission visa requests. Unlike a work visa, a mission visa is a temporary visa that is valid for three months and can be renewed for another three months. A sponsor can issue a work mission visa if he wants to bring an employee for temporary work, or if he wants to validate the qualification of the worker before signing a long-term contract.
The aim of the mission visa is to curb the widespread problem of people working on visit visas, which is illegal. Therefore, creating a short-term work visa which is easy to obtain so that both the employer and the employee can work together for three months and decide if they want to enter into a long-term contract. The benefit of this visa is that it is limited to a three-month contract and no ban is issued if the worker is dissatisfied with the job and does not take it up. Similarly the employer is also not obligated to hire the employee. This service is especially useful for employers who want to hire skilled labour like engineers, doctors, lawyers and technicians.
This visa also guarantees the right of the worker. On a visit visa, the worker does not have any right because he is working illegally and therefore, he is not covered by insurance. The employer has no liabilities. However, with a work mission visa, the worker’s rights are protected.
An employer can apply for a work mission visa with the License Department. If a committee there approves the request, the rest of the procedure is online.The visa is issued for a maximum of 180 days. It is issued for three months against a fee of Dh 600 and can be renewed for another three months, again for a fee of Dh 600. As per the rules, the employer has to notify the ministry when the worker enters the country. If the employer fails to do so, he will be fined Dh 500 for every 10 days. The Ministry has the right to reject converting the work mission visa into a work visa. This service cannot be availed of until and unless an employer sponsors a worker on this visa. Heavy fines will be imposed if people misuse this service.

http://www.dubaichronicle.com/2007/03/n ... -visa.html
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 26, 2007
Francheska wrote:New type of visa - work mission visa

New? It was new in 2005 ...
bonk

can be change tourist vise to visit vise Jul 21, 2007
As I still staying in dubai with tourist vise,If I find a job,can I renew my vise in this case or?
metobagdadi
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: can be change tourist vise to visit vise Jul 22, 2007
metobagdadi wrote:As I still staying in dubai with tourist vise,If I find a job,can I renew my vise in this case or?

Tourist Visa or Visit Visa? They're different (see Dubai visas). When you get one or renew, they don't ask you if you are working but you're supposed to get a work permit and residence visa if you have a job. If caught, you risk fines, bans and deportation. Risk level varies depending on job and nationality.
bonk

thank you Jul 24, 2007
Thank you very much your attantion my friend.I desided to go to dubai with tourist vise because right now I could not find any sponsor for visit vise from here.Tourist vise will valid a month isn't it,if I will find a real job than employer put up work permit to me and after I will exit from Dubai to Oman just for a day after all come back Dubai with work permit because Tourist vise is not renewable.
If it is possible for you,can you check this plan for me as be logical or ?
Thank you
metobagdadi
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Where can I get Duabi Visit Visa at low cost ? Sep 06, 2007
Hello friends,
My visit visa is going to expire recently.

I would like to take one visit visa to Dubai.

Many of the agents here are charging 1200-1500 AED for a visa, eventhough the actual cost for taking visit visa is very less( 100-200 AED).

Where can I get Visit Visa at cheap rate?

Please help me.

Muneer
Edited MOD
muneerkm
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

entering the country Nov 01, 2007
Im from the USA, and my boyfriend is getting a 3 month intern there. His company is providing a visa for him, but i'm kind of on my own when it comes to the visa. I was reading that I have to get a sponsor, i dont exactly know what that means. I dont know anyone in UAE.
We are only going to be there for 3 months- 90 days, what is the best option for me?
em_socal
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: entering the country Nov 02, 2007
em_socal wrote:Im from the USA, and my boyfriend is getting a 3 month intern there. His company is providing a visa for him, but i'm kind of on my own when it comes to the visa. I was reading that I have to get a sponsor, i dont exactly know what that means. I dont know anyone in UAE.
We are only going to be there for 3 months- 90 days, what is the best option for me?

If you are US Passport holder you may enter the UAE for a period of 60 days without visa, this can further be extended for another 30 days by paying AED 500.00 ($135.7)
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 02, 2007
thank you so much. where do i go to renew the visa?
em_socal
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 02, 2007
em_socal wrote:thank you so much. where do i go to renew the visa?

You can go to the Dept. of Immigration or alternatively you could take short flight to Doha and back which will automatically give you a further 2 months.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: entering the country Nov 03, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
em_socal wrote:Im from the USA, and my boyfriend is getting a 3 month intern there. His company is providing a visa for him, but i'm kind of on my own when it comes to the visa. I was reading that I have to get a sponsor, i dont exactly know what that means. I dont know anyone in UAE.

If you are US Passport holder you may enter the UAE for a period of 60 days without visa, this can further be extended for another 30 days by paying AED 500.00 ($135.7)

I believe this is incorrect. You get 30 days with USA passport.
I Sioux
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: entering the country Nov 03, 2007
I Sioux wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I believe this is incorrect. You get 30 days with USA passport.

I have actually received conflicting information regarding this, so the best thing would be to contact:

Department of Naturalization and Residency, Trade Centre Road, near Bur Dubai Police Station

Tel: 04 3980000
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 29, 2007
MaaaD wrote:
Intifadingue wrote:Hello i'm algerian and i want to go in dubai in august what is the consullary formality ? sorry for my english :oops:

You can simply get it through Emirates airlines if you fly them here, or through the hotel you will be staying at. You need a person/organization to sponsor you.

are there any other airlines offering assistance on visit visa?

further...are there instances one shall be denied of a visa through Emirates' assistance? what disclosures must one supply to be safe? does it also mean that if i intend to look for a job that i should reserve a 60 days ticket? and that if i buy a shorter stay ticket, will that be a problem with the immigration or visa application?

please advise. thanks.
MyAd25
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 14, 2008
New types of visit visas to be announced | 10 days ago - Khaleej Times

ABU DHABI - The Federal Naturalisation and Residency Department (FNRD) at the Ministry of Interior (MoI) will announce on June 8 the new types of visit visas that would come into force soon.

source: http://news.wadionline.com : WadiOnline News - Emirates (Dubai and Abu Dhabi) Newspapers Headlines
----

New visit visa regime will prevent abuse | 10 days ago - Khaleej Times

ABU DHABI - The new visit visa structure, to be implemented from August 1, aims at fighting violations as well as tighten controls on visa issuance for individuals and corporate bodies in addition to protecting all those who enter the country as either tourists or workers, said a reliable source at the Ministry of Interior (MoI).

source: http://news.wadionline.com : WadiOnline News - Emirates (Dubai and Abu Dhabi) Newspapers Headlines
marina21
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 18, 2008
My employer in Media City has applied a work visa on September 14th,
And We are still waiting for the entry permit!
What do you think? Isn't it so late? It it usual?
Would you guys please give me some information about the work visa (entry permit) issuing progress time?
And
-Is there anybody who had applied around that time and has get his visa recently?
Please please help.
ebad
Dubai Forum User

Mar 29, 2009
how long do you think it takes to issue a business visa. The business owner, the sponsor, is inviting someone as a business partner from abroad ?

rch
BB
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 02, 2009
I have a dual citzenship. Russian and Canadian. Which one would be better to bring?
Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 08, 2009
Ruskie wrote:I have a dual citzenship. Russian and Canadian. Which one would be better to bring?

Canadian I think as soon as you are going to take some loan from the bank. A few my acquaintances from CIS had some problems in receiving loans in many banks due to their nationality. It's unpublished but it's true.

At the other hand ppl. of some nationalities can simply exchange their national licenses for the local ones w/o passing exams (I don't know full list of those nationalities). Anyway Russians have to pass the exams, as I did - it was not easy for some reason including poor English of policemen in Sharjah.

I don't know about Canadian - Kanelli, she is from Canada as well, had an exam I don't know why.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 08, 2009
Are you talking about driver's license? I never had a license in Canada - saved all my money for uni and then uni ate it all - no car for me. Was a public transport person for years until moving to Dubai where you absolutely need your own car.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 08, 2009
kanelli wrote:Are you talking about driver's license? I never had a license in Canada - saved all my money for uni and then uni ate it all - no car for me. Was a public transport person for years until moving to Dubai where you absolutely need your own car.

Do you know about exchanging Canadian driving license to Emirati one w/o exam? I think it could help the guy who happens to be your and my compatriot at the same time... :D
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa