Topic locked
Re: NonArab Muslims Marrying Arab Muslim Women, Good Idea Or Dec 30, 2011
You're welcome.

Cheers,

Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: NonArab Muslims Marrying Arab Muslim Women, Good Idea Or Dec 31, 2011
How about when an "Arab Muslim" falls in love with a "Christian Western"? Good idea or not, we cannot control Love... Unfortunately, even if we are living in the 21st century, this is an imppossible love and can end in tragedy...

Read my story: Dubai London, the return ticket by Kohar. You can download from Kindle Amazon. I would be very interested in your views...

Have a nice day and Happy New Year!!!

--- Dec 31, 2011 ---

doha , what a shame that when brought up Muslim you cannot choose who you fall in love with.
koharanthony
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: NonArab Muslims Marrying Arab Muslim Women, Good Idea Or Feb 23, 2012
I think not important who u are, nationality ,religion .The most important good relations , respect each other and to be honest with whom u are.
Libertine
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: NonArab Muslims Marrying Arab Muslim Women, good idea or Feb 26, 2012
Love is all that matters...life is short.
Sweetie
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: NonArab Muslims Marrying Arab Muslim Women, Good Idea Or Mar 04, 2012
Love is over everything you cant compare it with anything anything else at all
ibakir
Dubai Forums Member

Re: NonArab Muslims Marrying Arab Muslim Women, Good Idea Or May 30, 2013
I have to agree with the last comment :) with the condition that love is coupled with the two marrying having similar religious considerations and outlooks. This becomes important when children come into the picture.

Being an non-arab English convert muslim man, I would hate to think that my marriage options were limited by cultural influences.

Of course, Family must be respected at all times and this can complicate things - but that does not make the wishes/opinion of such a family being opposed to such a marriage correct by any means.

It's great that people are talking about this openly. If these issues are more publicly aired and understood then it makes a family faced with a decision and situation like this more able to make an informed decision.

God bless and best of wishes to those thinking about, or actually going through a scenario such as this one.
doobay
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: NonArab Muslims Marrying Arab Muslim Women, Good Idea Or Jun 01, 2013
NO ITS all about religion and alot of factor , come on this not abook its real life
mshoman
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: NonArab Muslims Marrying Arab Muslim Women, Good Idea Or Jul 04, 2013
I agree that this is a sensitive and complicated topic... and yes religion is important.. VERY important; we cannot argue with that, it goes without saying that in order for a Muslim girl to marry any man whether he is Arab, American, Canadian, Italian, British, Asian, Australian, Whomever... He MUST be a Muslim Period. No discussion about it!

What I'm talking about here is how two different cultures can come together and learn to build a life despite the cultural differences. I think it's important that both must understand the differences in their respected cultures and respect those differences.

He has to understand the way Arab cultures are, the way they think, and what is acceptable and what is not.. On the other hand, she also has to understand that he needs time to adjust to this new culture, she has to help and support him during that time. Islam is the most important asset they have in common, and that's what I believe should be the foundation of their relationship, Islam will help build love, grace and affection between the two of them.

I; for example, am a person who understands the American culture very well, so well, it would seem to some people that I was born and raised there, even my accent confuses many of the people I meet! They think I'm lying to them when I say I'm not American or at least Canadian! That's how easily I can blend in with the culture.. However, when it comes to my Arab cultural values I am like any Arab Muslim girl, it is impossible for me to simply forget or ignore these values.

So I dont' think it's only about Love, or only about religion, or only about what they want, or only about attraction. Infact, it's about all of these factors together starting with Religion of course!

I want to thank you all for all your valuable insights, its delightful to hear all the different opinions, hope to hear more soon :)
Americanspirit
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance