Arab Women And Non Arab Guys

  • Reply
Arab women and non arab guys May 07, 2009
I see lot of Arab guys with non arab women, but not the other way around. Why is that?

Cultural difference, religion .....

worldguy
Dubai forums Addict
Posts: 352

  • Reply
May 07, 2009
Nope. It is just because they are comfortable only via :b:webcams:/b: :thefinger:
zukku
Dubai Forums Enthusiast
User avatar
Posts: 82

  • Reply
May 07, 2009
it did not even make sense ..... r u already downing th shots mate!
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict
Posts: 352

  • Reply
May 07, 2009
Men are able to marry women who are not Muslim. The wife is not obligated to convert to Islam. On the other hand, women must marry a Muslim. Many expats are not willing to convert to Islam.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord
User avatar
Posts: 8411
Location: At the moment Dubai Forums

  • Reply
May 07, 2009
That is quite unfair on the women. No doubt they do not mix a lot with expat men as I have heard. I am not talking about the office banter, but post work its a different ball game.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict
Posts: 352

  • Reply
May 07, 2009
worldguy wrote:That is quite unfair on the women. No doubt they do not mix a lot with expat men as I have heard. I am not talking about the office banter, but post work its a different ball game.


Its just one more example about double standards which exist worldwide. In some countries more so than others.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord
User avatar
Posts: 8411
Location: At the moment Dubai Forums

  • Reply
May 07, 2009
As an arab, i would much prefer to date someone who isnt an arab. Maybe ive just had bad experiences, but they are way too controlling and expect women to be a certain way, while they do as they please. Again, thats just my experience. Im sure there are lots of arabs out there who arent like that.
However, i dont know how many nonarab guys would want to date or marry an arab woman. If they didnt, id assume it would be because of cultural differences or religion.
SarahC
Dubai Forum User
Posts: 23

  • Reply
May 08, 2009
SarahC wrote:As an arab, i would much prefer to date someone who isnt an arab. Maybe ive just had bad experiences, but they are way too controlling and expect women to be a certain way, while they do as they please. Again, thats just my experience. Im sure there are lots of arabs out there who arent like that.
However, i dont know how many nonarab guys would want to date or marry an arab woman. If they didnt, id assume it would be because of cultural differences or religion.

And what is holding you from not dating an Non-Arab guy. I don't have any problem with that.
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter
Posts: 141

  • Reply
May 08, 2009
Well, most of the people i hang out with are arabs. But if i did meet someone who wasnt, i would have no problem going out with him if i thought we got along.
SarahC
Dubai Forum User
Posts: 23

  • Reply
May 08, 2009
SarahC wrote:Well, most of the people i hang out with are arabs. But if i did meet someone who wasnt, i would have no problem going out with him if i thought we got along.

Good for you, when it happens let me know what your parents think of that :-)
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter
Posts: 141

  • Reply
May 08, 2009
actually
SarahC
Dubai Forum User
Posts: 23

  • Reply
May 08, 2009
On ne vend pas la peau de l'Ours avant de l'avoir tue;-)
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter
Posts: 141

  • Reply
May 08, 2009
in english please :)
SarahC
Dubai Forum User
Posts: 23

  • Reply
May 08, 2009
SarahC wrote:in english please :)

You don't sell the Bear's fur before you kill him :) Somewhat like that.
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter
Posts: 141

  • Reply
May 09, 2009
SarahC wrote:However, i dont know how many nonarab guys would want to date or marry an arab woman. If they didnt, id assume it would be because of cultural differences or religion.

I thought Arab women are more likely exclusive, only interested/date Arab men. I don't know anything about Arab women (esp non-muslim), perhaps someone can tell me "their typicals"? It would be very interesting. More because I think Arab women is one of the best "breeds". Some are physically beautiful.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 1144
Location: anywhere but Dubai

  • Reply
May 09, 2009
xty, ive had this conversation with arab women before. I think most are more open to dating arab men because if things got serious, it would be easier for their parents to accept him, than if they brought home someone who was not arab. However, there are some arab women who have no problems dating a nonarab, and also some parents who are more open minded about it. I know quite a few arab women who married nonarabs.
Another thing is for some of these arab women, their way of life is just more similar to arab men, and so they prefer to date an arab.
SarahC
Dubai Forum User
Posts: 23

  • Reply
May 09, 2009
well the facts that arab women only mingle with arab men makes the difference in dating them. esp. muslims they are only allowed to maary muslim men and not not arab. otherwise if she marries a non muslim person better get out of the country and live somewhere far from her family. ;)
portland
Dubai Expat Helper
User avatar
Posts: 615

  • Reply
May 09, 2009
portland wrote:well the facts that arab women only mingle with arab men makes the difference in dating them. esp. muslims they are only allowed to maary muslim men and not not arab. otherwise if she marries a non muslim person better get out of the country and live somewhere far from her family. ;)


The women can marry non-Muslim men under the condition that the man is either Muslim or is willing to convert prior to marriage. I know of two situations as such. But in all likelihood the family would object to a potential husband not being Arab.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord
User avatar
Posts: 8411
Location: At the moment Dubai Forums

  • Reply
May 09, 2009
But, this is un fair as I know of fair few Arab men who have married non muslim european girls and those girls have not converted. In fact they even celebrate Christmas, etc and even go for the mass.

Thus, why are the women singled out?
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict
Posts: 352

  • Reply
May 09, 2009
worldguy wrote:But, this is un fair as I know of fair few Arab men who have married non muslim european girls and those girls have not converted. In fact they even celebrate Christmas, etc and even go for the mass.

Thus, why are the women singled out?


All that is true. But, I didn't write the rules. And you know what I would have to say about that!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord
User avatar
Posts: 8411
Location: At the moment Dubai Forums

  • Reply
May 09, 2009
Rules are meant to be broken and if they favour one against the other then rules are meant to be changed as well.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict
Posts: 352

  • Reply
May 09, 2009
rules are for those with such power and positons.
but for ordinary folks such as me, well you can bang your heand on a brick but you can never get away with it... thats irony of life
portland
Dubai Expat Helper
User avatar
Posts: 615

  • Reply
May 09, 2009
ok. when you say arabs do you mean the arab christians or arab muslims?

If it is Arab Muslims.

We follow what our holly book ‘the Quran’ says. The Quran tells us that its forbidden for a muslim man or woman to marry a non-muslim person even if he/she liked him, except if that person converted to Islam. It’s a rule which we have to follow. It is for the benefit of that muslim. coz getting engaged to someone who doesn’t know anything about islam may inject him/her with thoughts or whatever that may harm his/her faith. Let take some examples, could you tell me how could a muslim person live in the same house with a non-muslim person in Ramadan while one is taking his daily meals, the other stands watching him/her with a starving stomach. And while One want to make love, the other can’t simply because he’s fasting.And while One doesn’t drink wine, the other has the fridge full of wine bottles and so on. It’s rediculous, how could they co-exist. One of them must join the other’s believes and this is what islam is warning us about. But if a muslim person didn’t want to follow the quran rule,well, it’s up to him. Allah will have his fair justice upon him.

rules are not meant to be broken. quran and islam are not double standards. in quran and islam men & women are equal.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot
Posts: 3309

  • Reply
May 09, 2009
rudeboy wrote:ok. when you say arabs do you mean the arab christians or arab muslims?

If it is Arab Muslims.

We follow what our holly book ‘the Quran’ says. The Quran tells us that its forbidden for a muslim man or woman to marry a non-muslim person even if he/she liked him, except if that person converted to Islam. It’s a rule which we have to follow. It is for the benefit of that muslim. coz getting engaged to someone who doesn’t know anything about islam may inject him/her with thoughts or whatever that may harm his/her faith. Let take some examples, could you tell me how could a muslim person live in the same house with a non-muslim person in Ramadan while one is taking his daily meals, the other stands watching him/her with a starving stomach. And while One want to make love, the other can’t simply because he’s fasting.And while One doesn’t drink wine, the other has the fridge full of wine bottles and so on. It’s rediculous, how could they co-exist. One of them must join the other’s believes and this is what islam is warning us about. But if a muslim person didn’t want to follow the quran rule,well, it’s up to him. Allah will have his fair justice upon him.

rules are not meant to be broken. quran and islam are not double standards. in quran and islam men & women are equal.


Well I can speak from personal experience. When I married, my husband was muslim, I a non-practicing Christian. I totally respected his religion and beliefs. I brought many of his religious practices and his culture into my life. Although non-muslim I made it a point to comply and respect his religious practices. Because I did not practice my faith did not mean he should not practice his.

After 4 years of marriage, I made the decision to convert to Islam. I knew I had all the basics that Islam asked of an individual so conversion was not hard for me.

What we do outside of religious practice does not hurt anyone and it is on us. I would rather answer to a higher power for drinking alcohol than having to answer for mistreating other people, or for being greedy, or for getting through life based on lies.

And FYI when I came to the UAE I was never so disappointed in the way Islam was NOT practiced by Muslims - in particular, locals. There is such hipocrasy in the UAE. What sickens me during Ramadan is the way people eat as if it was their last meal, laden their tables with food, and then throw out what remains. During Ramadan I keep it very simple and try to eat at home as much as possible and cook just enough to be eaten. Anything left over is eaten the next nite. We invite people to break fast with us and I keep it just as simple. If they want fancy, then they could go to a restaurant.

When I would fast at work, Saudi and UAE locals would be having their lunch delivered or drinking coffee and they all had the same excuse - I have a bad stomach. In Cairo I see a much more stronger, pure and true practice of the faith than I do here.

Sorry, got carried away here.

Back to romance.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord
User avatar
Posts: 8411
Location: At the moment Dubai Forums

  • Reply
May 09, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:ok. when you say arabs do you mean the arab christians or arab muslims?

If it is Arab Muslims.

We follow what our holly book ‘the Quran’ says. The Quran tells us that its forbidden for a muslim man or woman to marry a non-muslim person even if he/she liked him, except if that person converted to Islam. It’s a rule which we have to follow. It is for the benefit of that muslim. coz getting engaged to someone who doesn’t know anything about islam may inject him/her with thoughts or whatever that may harm his/her faith. Let take some examples, could you tell me how could a muslim person live in the same house with a non-muslim person in Ramadan while one is taking his daily meals, the other stands watching him/her with a starving stomach. And while One want to make love, the other can’t simply because he’s fasting.And while One doesn’t drink wine, the other has the fridge full of wine bottles and so on. It’s rediculous, how could they co-exist. One of them must join the other’s believes and this is what islam is warning us about. But if a muslim person didn’t want to follow the quran rule,well, it’s up to him. Allah will have his fair justice upon him.

rules are not meant to be broken. quran and islam are not double standards. in quran and islam men & women are equal.


Well I can speak from personal experience. When I married, my husband was muslim, I a non-practicing Christian. I totally respected his religion and beliefs. I brought many of his religious practices and his culture into my life. Although non-muslim I made it a point to comply and respect his religious practices. Because I did not practice my faith did not mean he should not practice his.

After 4 years of marriage, I made the decision to convert to Islam. I knew I had all the basics that Islam asked of an individual so conversion was not hard for me.

What we do outside of religious practice does not hurt anyone and it is on us. I would rather answer to a higher power for drinking alcohol than having to answer for mistreating other people, or for being greedy, or for getting through life based on lies.

And FYI when I came to the UAE I was never so disappointed in the way Islam was NOT practiced by Muslims - in particular, locals. There is such hipocrasy in the UAE. What sickens me during Ramadan is the way people eat as if it was their last meal, laden their tables with food, and then throw out what remains. During Ramadan I keep it very simple and try to eat at home as much as possible and cook just enough to be eaten. Anything left over is eaten the next nite. We invite people to break fast with us and I keep it just as simple. If they want fancy, then they could go to a restaurant.

When I would fast at work, Saudi and UAE locals would be having their lunch delivered or drinking coffee and they all had the same excuse - I have a bad stomach. In Cairo I see a much more stronger, pure and true practice of the faith than I do here.

Sorry, got carried away here.

Back to romance.


what saudis and uae ppl get up to is up to them. not all muslims are the same. if someone is committing a sin he or she will be punished by god.

so never think what other muslims are doing, always think how clean your heart is and how truely a muslim u r.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot
Posts: 3309

  • Reply
May 09, 2009
:?
GENEROUS_DUBAI
Dubai Forum Guest
Posts: 4

  • Reply
May 09, 2009
People of all faiths usually have problems with how others of their faith are practicing. It is nothing new or exclusive to one faith or another.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006
User avatar
Posts: 6979
Location: In the Jungle

  • Reply
May 09, 2009
while i'm not asking about muslim arab women. i understand the facts due to religion or family culture for not dating/marrying non-arab men. but what about non-muslim arab women? i'd like to hear their opinions on dating/marrying non-arab men.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 1144
Location: anywhere but Dubai

  • Reply
May 09, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:ok. when you say arabs do you mean the arab christians or arab muslims?

If it is Arab Muslims.

We follow what our holly book ‘the Quran’ says. The Quran tells us that its forbidden for a muslim man or woman to marry a non-muslim person even if he/she liked him, except if that person converted to Islam. It’s a rule which we have to follow. It is for the benefit of that muslim. coz getting engaged to someone who doesn’t know anything about islam may inject him/her with thoughts or whatever that may harm his/her faith. Let take some examples, could you tell me how could a muslim person live in the same house with a non-muslim person in Ramadan while one is taking his daily meals, the other stands watching him/her with a starving stomach. And while One want to make love, the other can’t simply because he’s fasting.And while One doesn’t drink wine, the other has the fridge full of wine bottles and so on. It’s rediculous, how could they co-exist. One of them must join the other’s believes and this is what islam is warning us about. But if a muslim person didn’t want to follow the quran rule,well, it’s up to him. Allah will have his fair justice upon him.

rules are not meant to be broken. quran and islam are not double standards. in quran and islam men & women are equal.


Well I can speak from personal experience. When I married, my husband was muslim, I a non-practicing Christian. I totally respected his religion and beliefs. I brought many of his religious practices and his culture into my life. Although non-muslim I made it a point to comply and respect his religious practices. Because I did not practice my faith did not mean he should not practice his.

After 4 years of marriage, I made the decision to convert to Islam. I knew I had all the basics that Islam asked of an individual so conversion was not hard for me.

What we do outside of religious practice does not hurt anyone and it is on us. I would rather answer to a higher power for drinking alcohol than having to answer for mistreating other people, or for being greedy, or for getting through life based on lies.

And FYI when I came to the UAE I was never so disappointed in the way Islam was NOT practiced by Muslims - in particular, locals. There is such hipocrasy in the UAE. What sickens me during Ramadan is the way people eat as if it was their last meal, laden their tables with food, and then throw out what remains. During Ramadan I keep it very simple and try to eat at home as much as possible and cook just enough to be eaten. Anything left over is eaten the next nite. We invite people to break fast with us and I keep it just as simple. If they want fancy, then they could go to a restaurant.

When I would fast at work, Saudi and UAE locals would be having their lunch delivered or drinking coffee and they all had the same excuse - I have a bad stomach. In Cairo I see a much more stronger, pure and true practice of the faith than I do here.

Sorry, got carried away here.

Back to romance.


what saudis and uae ppl get up to is up to them. not all muslims are the same. if someone is committing a sin he or she will be punished by god.

so never think what other muslims are doing, always think how clean your heart is and how truely a muslim u r.


You have an amazing ability to overlook facts that prove you wrong. And as for answering to God, I highly doubt that when it comes your time God will be holding a blank page with your name on it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord
User avatar
Posts: 8411
Location: At the moment Dubai Forums

  • Reply
May 10, 2009
:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006
User avatar
Posts: 6979
Location: In the Jungle

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance