"Death To Arabs" Mob Beat Up Old Man

Topic locked
"Death to Arabs" mob beat up Old Man Jun 10, 2012
:shock:

A mob of Ultra-orthodox Israelis have been revolting in Jerusalem and have beaten up an elderly man and an Arab family.. and chanted 'Death to Arabs'. This was in the Israeli papers - and goes to show that the Palestinian cause is not as some would wish to believe - bloodthirsty Arabs whinging over colonists taking over their land.. but rather a legitimate struggle against a decades-long Military Occupation, and a right wing minority extremist section of Israeli society that are racist and xenophobic..

Jerusalem: Haredim attack elderly Arab
(YNetNews)
A number of ultra-Orthodox attacked an elderly Arab and an Arab family following a violent demonstration in Jerusalem against the desecration of the Sabbath, Ynet reported.

An eyewitness said the attack, which took place Saturday evening near the ultra-Orthodox neighborhood of Mea Shearim, was “shocking.”

“The haredim used to just yell ‘Shabbos,’ but the situation is gradually escalating, and now they throw stones at passing
cars and set up roadblocks,” said the eyewitness, who lives nearby.
“We call the police, and when a squad car arrives they (haredim) run away. When the squad car leaves, they return. It’s a kind of game.”

Last Saturday, the eyewitness said, several dozen ultra-Orthodox – mostly teens and little children – stayed at the intersection (corner of Nevi’im and Dvora streets) followingthe demonstration “in search of a victim. They surrounded an elderly Arab man, shoved him and threw stuff at him. It could have ended in a lynching.
“I immediately intervened and tried to help him. They shoved me, threw garbage at me and called me a ‘stinking leftist,’” he recounted.

Later, the eyewitness said, the haredim attacked an Arab woman and her two children with belts while yelling “death to Arabs.” Border Guard officers who were dispatched to the scene dispersed the crowd.
“It was frightening, sad and disgraceful,” the eyewitness said.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 49,00.html

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: "Death To Arabs" Mob Beat Up Old Man Jun 10, 2012
The haredim used to just yell 'Shabbos,' but the situation is gradually escalating, and now they throw stones at passing cars and set up roadblocks," said the eyewitness, who lives nearby. "We call the police, and when a squad car arrives they (haredim) run away. When the squad car leaves, they return. It's a kind of game."

Wow, Palestinians get shot for doing that. If I recall, some time back, a few argued that throwing stones is equal to trying to commit murder and the Jewish military were justified in killing Palestinians who were throwing stones. :shock: Rather than have the police take care of such matters, why not have the military step in? Round up the haredim and trot them off to prison and if any one of them act up, shoot him.

Jews outside the ultra-Orthodox community don't even like the ultra-Orthodox Jews. It's a well known fact that the ultra Orthodox Jews hate Arabs.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: "Death To Arabs" Mob Beat Up Old Man Jun 10, 2012
Bora Bora wrote: If I recall, some time back, a few argued that throwing stones is equal to trying to commit murder and the Jewish military were justified in killing Palestinians who were throwing stones.

Yes, that was FD who said he considered all the stone throwers (Palestinians) guilty of attempted murder:
dubai-politics-talk/palestinians-arrested-for-causing-the-death-baby-t47681.html#p390252

You'll also recall that over 100,000 Haredim marched in favour of racial segregation within their community schools (the 'European' descended didn't want to mix with the 'Eastern' folk)!

dubai-politics-talk/100-000-jews-march-favour-apartheid-t42271.html

What's frightening is that in pretty much every other country, the extremist racist minorities don't dictate or affect policies to a great degree. In Palestine they want to steal the land under military occupation and kick out the Arabs. In Iran, those supporting the Ayatollahs are a much larger proportion of the population, for example.

The majority of Israelis are indeed against these extremist views and actions of these ultra-orthodox.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk