Phone Book Transfer From Old Phone To New Phone

Topic locked
  • Reply
phone book transfer from old phone to new phone Sep 12, 2006
ok
me old moto phone is coughing it up...and i need to buy a new phone pronto...might do with a new moto...now my question is...since i am supremely lazy about punching each and eveyr number of my inumerous friends...any advice on whats the easiest way to transfer all my contact numbers from old phone to new phone...any advice would be appreciated...thanks!

me

constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers
Posts: 1506
Location: finally in dubai!

  • Reply
Sep 12, 2006
are the numbers saved to the phone or to the card. because if you just save them to the card then you wont have to worry about it.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 4879
Location: dar el 7ay

  • Reply
Sep 12, 2006
I'm guessing its stored on the phone so there should be an option to "send all contacts" to the new phone via bluetooth/infra red.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 3114
Location: Leaving the racetrack behind

  • Reply
Sep 12, 2006
X
you saw my phone bluetooth...its useless as they come...bushra yes they are saved on to the phone...hmmm perhaps if i buy a moto then they can transfer it for me...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers
Posts: 1506
Location: finally in dubai!

  • Reply
Sep 12, 2006
hmm thats the same problem with me. i got a d 500 samsung and i dunno how to transfer the numbers from this one to the other. :? nokias are good in this case you can transfer between card and phone
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 3711
Location: Dubai !!

  • Reply
Sep 12, 2006
will ask cellucom if they do moto to moto transfer...or else bite the bullet and manually key in the 100s of numbers... :(
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers
Posts: 1506
Location: finally in dubai!

  • Reply
Sep 12, 2006
constantine wrote:X
you saw my phone bluetooth...its useless as they come...bushra yes they are saved on to the phone...hmmm perhaps if i buy a moto then they can transfer it for me...

Your phone likely has an option to copy all your contacts to the sim card, then when you put your sim card in your new phone the numbers can be copied onto the phone.

Having said that I think there is a limit of the numbers you can store on a SIM, maybe 100 or 200.

Good luck :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
User avatar
Posts: 2880
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

  • Reply
Sep 12, 2006
fayz wrote:
constantine wrote:X
you saw my phone bluetooth...its useless as they come...bushra yes they are saved on to the phone...hmmm perhaps if i buy a moto then they can transfer it for me...

Your phone likely has an option to copy all your contacts to the sim card, then when you put your sim card in your new phone the numbers can be copied onto the phone.

Having said that I think there is a limit of the numbers you can store on a SIM, maybe 100 or 200.

Good luck :)


yeah my sim card numbers are already maxxed out...thus the dilemma...anyhou...it aint a biggie...but re-inputing nos is always a pain in ze butt...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers
Posts: 1506
Location: finally in dubai!

  • Reply
Sep 12, 2006
guys dont ya know nething bout samsungs? why did i buy it in the first place :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 3711
Location: Dubai !!

  • Reply
Sep 12, 2006
Not sure if you there is a pc suite for the moto razr. So you can put all your contacts on your computer and then with the new phone synch up with your computer and have them all put back on.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 3401

  • Reply
Sep 12, 2006
i used to have the razr. i just saved all my numbers to the card and they transfered over to the nokia that i bought.....
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 4879
Location: dar el 7ay

  • Reply
Sep 12, 2006
bushra21 wrote:i used to have the razr. i just saved all my numbers to the card and they transfered over to the nokia that i bought.....


who is they?
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers
Posts: 1506
Location: finally in dubai!

  • Reply
Sep 12, 2006
Can you connect your phone to the PC?
Either via cable, bluetooth or infra red?
If yes, then just transfer all the contacts to Outlook and then back to your new phone.

Voila.
:)
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict
User avatar
Posts: 270
Location: Dubai

  • Reply
Sep 12, 2006
ineedacoolnick wrote:Can you connect your phone to the PC?
Either via cable, bluetooth or infra red?
If yes, then just transfer all the contacts to Outlook and then back to your new phone.

Voila.
:)


thanks mate...i think i can...will give it a try.... :D
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers
Posts: 1506
Location: finally in dubai!

  • Reply
Sep 12, 2006
OR like others suggested...wherever you're buying your new phone from, they'd be happy to transfer your contacts.
However, if someone messes up, you 'may' lose everything so I highly recommend you backup your data yourself.

good luck
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict
User avatar
Posts: 270
Location: Dubai

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum


cron