Court Case Transfer

Topic locked
  • Reply
Court Case Transfer Dec 04, 2009
my sister has a residence visa of dubai but we have resided in sharjah since birth. She married in 2005 and wants to apply for a divorce, however she opened a file in sharjah who have the case hanging since may 2009, is there a way to transfer the case to dubai court or should she open a new file in dubai?. What's the system?

Dubai forums Addict
Posts: 237

  • Reply
Re: Court Case Transfer Dec 07, 2009
I'm not sure but I don't think you can. Even two Dubai govt entities often don't talk each other (e.g. court & immigration), let alone inter-emirates. I guess you need to cancel the one in Sharjah and re-apply a new one in Dubai.
Dubai Forums Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 1144
Location: anywhere but Dubai

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum