Why Is Everyone Called Mohammed?

Topic locked
Re: Why Is Everyone Called Mohammed? Apr 30, 2011
So, you not only told Sheikh M the Torso about DK's comment on here, but you've also posted pictures of his torso on here? Very bizarre :shock:

I'm sure that Sheikh M the Torso is very British-style in how he treated your daughter while they weren't dating on your holiday. :lol:

Do unrelated 15/16/17 yr old Emirati boys and girls meet at the mall, go bowling and to the cinema together, and visit each other's family homes?

Bethsmum wrote:Now come on K! You weren't taken in by Shafique's claims that he was the quintessential English gentleman were you? LOL. Shafique's a peasant sitting on a beach somewhere with a British passport taped to his forehead, protesting 'I am British, I am, I am. I am, so there!' and meanwhile refering to true English people as the white feral underclass. :roll:

Spoken like a true Chav!

I've met Shaf and his family several times, at DF meets, at their home, in the grocery store as we lived nearby each other. He's an English gentleman.

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Wow can see this degenerating into another row. There really is no need for it. I am sure BM has taken everybody's warnings in the spirit in which they were meant. So job done. There is no need for us to go on it is none of our business and nobody takes kindly to criticism of their parenting. Having said that I think the initial posts were made by people who have been in Dubai for a while and have either had their own experiences with the locals or who have heard the stories. The general feel of the thread at the beginning was one of concern, but as that has been adequately conveyed it is over. I for one am glad BM and her daughter and friend had a lovely holiday.
patience
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Yes, there was a feeling of concern for Beth and people did not want to accuse BM of being a bad parent, just a bit naive maybe.

Ultimately, if BM writes about the goings on of herself and her daughter and those around them, then she has opened herself up to positive and negative criticism of those goings on. Perhaps she's just being naive again.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Yes agree.

Personally I wouldn't entertain any local boys in the house and my girls knew this. Rather be accused of being racist than go through the nightmare that Dubai can become. But one thing I have learned is that you can offer advice but it is up to everyone if they decide to take it or not.
patience
Dubai Forums Frequenter

^^ ooo, I like you already , we need some firefighters here :alien:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Chocoholic wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:all men in general tend to think with their 'small' brains lol

Then you must also think that all women are attention graving golddiggers (or plainly said ho's), right?

LOL but sadly men are a tad more predictable than women.

I tend to agree with Chocs!!

Look down:

a97675_rsz_1beckham_cheerleader.jpg

a97675_Barack-Obama-staring-at-Mayora-Tavares1.jpg

a97675_rsz_dustin_angelina.jpg

:) :) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

kanelli wrote:I'm surprised that a person would say, "Hey Sheikh Torso, I was writing all about you and my daughter on a Dubai internet forum, and some mean man named DK referred to you as "Mohammed the flip flop". Then come back and report, "Mohammed didn't like DK's comment!". Bizarre. :shock:

Interestingly... I seem to recall BM greeting Shaf in a thread saying, "Hello there my flip flopped friend!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

K, you need to be corrected. DK's remark was in another post in FC, totally unrelated to this thread. What must be kept in mind is that there are locals on this forum who can access FC. Insulting any of the Rulers in the UAE is a punishable offense. Anyone who has been in Dubai for any length of time should know this.

Here is an extract from link to an article posted below. Please note the text I have highlighted.

He said that Ahmad Mansour Ali Abdullah Al Abd Al Shehi, Nasser Ahmad Khalfan Bin Gaith, Fahad Salem Mohammad Salem Dalk, Hassan Ali Al Khamis, all Emiratis, and Ahmad Abdul Khaleq Ahmad who does not carry identification papers, were held in custody for investigation on charges of committing crimes of instigation, breaking laws and perpetrating acts that pose a threat to the state security, undermining the public order, opposing the government system, and insulting the President, the Vice-President of the UAE and the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi.

In all probability those charged were posting on FB, a forum, or a blog.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/gover ... y-1.798981

There is a difference between calling the Ruler of Dubai a name and "just another person".
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Tom Jones wrote:

a97675_rsz_1beckham_cheerleader.jpg

a97675_Barack-Obama-staring-at-Mayora-Tavares1.jpg

a97675_rsz_dustin_angelina.jpg

:) :) :)

Heh, Hey they all got good taste
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Bora Bora wrote:
kanelli wrote:I'm surprised that a person would say, "Hey Sheikh Torso, I was writing all about you and my daughter on a Dubai internet forum, and some mean man named DK referred to you as "Mohammed the flip flop". Then come back and report, "Mohammed didn't like DK's comment!". Bizarre. :shock:

Interestingly... I seem to recall BM greeting Shaf in a thread saying, "Hello there my flip flopped friend!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

K, you need to be corrected. DK's remark was in another post in FC, totally unrelated to this thread. What must be kept in mind is that there are locals on this forum who can access FC. Insulting any of the Rulers in the UAE is a punishable offense. Anyone who has been in Dubai for any length of time should know this.

Here is an extract from link to an article posted below. Please note the text I have highlighted.

He said that Ahmad Mansour Ali Abdullah Al Abd Al Shehi, Nasser Ahmad Khalfan Bin Gaith, Fahad Salem Mohammad Salem Dalk, Hassan Ali Al Khamis, all Emiratis, and Ahmad Abdul Khaleq Ahmad who does not carry identification papers, were held in custody for investigation on charges of committing crimes of instigation, breaking laws and perpetrating acts that pose a threat to the state security, undermining the public order, opposing the government system, and insulting the President, the Vice-President of the UAE and the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi.

In all probability those charged were posting on FB, a forum, or a blog.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/gover ... y-1.798981

There is a difference between calling the Ruler of Dubai a name and "just another person".

Well, as it appears I am the one that put the dog amongst the cats...I shall elucidate, clarify and rectify all in one:

In my post I referred to one 'Mohammed Bin Flip Flop' as a generic reference to an otherwise faceless and nameless landlord. It was BM who then incorrectly assigned that term to refer to her landlord, believing that the apartment she has leased (no BM, it may say freehold on top of the paper but you really are only leasing it for 99 years) from Dubai Properties, is an establishment that wholly belongs to His Highness General Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, (deputy ruler and prime minister of the UAE and ruler of Dubai to give him his full handle).

Since the fire sale of a couple of years ago, it is questionable how much of Dubai Properties he actually retains these days. It is more likely that BM's landlord is actually the other Sheikh Mohamed: vis-a-vis His Highness General Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and deputy head of the UAE armed forces...to give him his full trumpets worth too!)

At no point did I refer to any member of the ruling families of the UAE in derogatory tones.

There may be a gentleman who works for Dubai Properties with the name Mohamed Bin Flip Flop, in which case he should be delighted to see his name in print. Any reference to any persons living, or dead from the neck up, is purely co-incidental.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dubai Knight wrote:Well, as it appears I am the one that put the dog amongst the cats...I shall elucidate, clarify and rectify all in one:

In my post I referred to one 'Mohammed Bin Flip Flop' as a generic reference to an otherwise faceless and nameless landlord. It was BM who then incorrectly assigned that term to refer to her landlord, believing that the apartment she has leased (no BM, it may say freehold on top of the paper but you really are only leasing it for 99 years) from Dubai Properties, is an establishment that wholly belongs to His Highness General Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, (deputy ruler and prime minister of the UAE and ruler of Dubai to give him his full handle).

Since the fire sale of a couple of years ago, it is questionable how much of Dubai Properties he actually retains these days. It is more likely that BM's landlord is actually the other Sheikh Mohamed: vis-a-vis His Highness General Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and deputy head of the UAE armed forces...to give him his full trumpets worth too!)

At no point did I refer to any member of the ruling families of the UAE in derogatory tones.

There may be a gentleman who works for Dubai Properties with the name Mohamed Bin Flip Flop, in which case he should be delighted to see his name in print. Any reference to any persons living, or dead from the neck up, is purely co-incidental.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Good attempt DK! PMSL! I'm afraid your post is there for all to read. It is quite clear to whom you are refering despite your retraction! Well at least Mohammed the Torso presumed you were refering to Uncle Mohammed, and who was I to defend you after your attempt to belittle my ownership at JBR? :lol: :lol:
Squirm squirm DK!
OMG I bet your back orifice is giving it some! No eye rolling I notice, but the cool dude look. I wouldn't be that cool if I were you! Mark my words, it's time to wind your neck in. Not so clever at my expense now are you?

It's news to me that I have a LL!. A person usually pays rent to a LL. I don't pay rent, people pay me rent. But if you say so DK, then who am I to argue? After all you obviously know F.uck All! LOL
Is there a smilie for a wriggler?

So, you not only told Sheikh M the Torso about DK's comment on here, but you've also posted pictures of his torso on here? Very bizarre

I'm sure that Sheikh M the Torso is very British-style in how he treated your daughter while they weren't dating on your holiday.

Do unrelated 15/16/17 yr old Emirati boys and girls meet at the mall, go bowling and to the cinema together, and visit each other's family homes?
Spoken like a true Chav!

I've met Shaf and his family several times, at DF meets, at their home, in the grocery store as we lived nearby each other. He's an English gentleman.

Hey K! Come here I want to whisper something! THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM! Anyone can read it. I happened to have it open when Mohammed was waiting for Beth and sitting next to me on the couch! LOL. He's now an avid reader :shock:
Yes I posted his torso, it's all over the internet, he wasn't a bit bothered! To be honest K. it's not as bizarre as the images you have posted and acredited to me in FC. Now that's bizarre! That an adult can browse the internet looking for pictures and copy and paste them here claiming to be images of a person is not only chav like and childish, it is, well rather sad! You left this forum, a rather bitter and twisted individual and you have not managed to rehabilitate yourself during your exile, have you?

As for Shafique AKA Islam 24/7, well K, a passport doesn't make him British, after all we used to give our passport away with 10 tokens collected from the back of Kellogs Cornflakes. (We are getting a grip of that now!) You see if he was a true English gentleman he wouldn't be anti-white, he'd be grateful for a leg up and he wouldn't go round slagging off the native British people as the white feral underclass, would he? There is no way on this earth that he would be accepted as British by those who matter in my country, and that's the British! LOL.

And to reiterate in case you missed it K, this is Mohammed the Torso!
King.jpg

Note the KING tattoo! LOL!!
Bethsmum

Hmmm....lookie what we have here, history repeating itself all over again. Old mumsy threathing another forumer with some dire consequences in the real world because he upset her in the virtual world, boo hoo ! Ofcourse and as always using someone elses shoulder to fire the volley. This time smashing her own record of how low can one go by using her teenage daughter's friend to send out threats. I've heard about children involving adults in their playground spats but this is the first time seeing an adult stand behind children.

Pathetic to say the least ! :roll:
desertdudeshj

Bethsmum wrote:
Good attempt DK! PMSL! I'm afraid your post is there for all to read. It is quite clear to whom you are refering despite your retraction! Well at least Mohammed the Torso presumed you were refering to Uncle Mohammed, and who was I to defend you after your attempt to belittle my ownership at JBR? :lol: :lol:
Squirm squirm DK!
OMG I bet your back orifice is giving it some! No eye rolling I notice, but the cool dude look. I wouldn't be that cool if I were you! Mark my words, it's time to wind your neck in. Not so clever at my expense now are you?

It's news to me that I have a LL!. A person usually pays rent to a LL. I don't pay rent, people pay me rent. But if you say so DK, then who am I to argue? After all you obviously know F.uck All! LOL

I do suggest you go back and read your 99 year 'lease'. You pay service fees to someone. Try making a structural alteration and then see who pulls the strings. You can have the breeze blocks and take them with you when you move out, but you don't own the land, so you don't have the freehold.

Then do some research on the Dubai Country Club, whose land was actually gifted in perpetuity by Sheikh Rashid, as it is now a hole in the ground.

As for being worried about 'Uncle Mohammed'?

Not much.

I will take it up with him at our next meeting.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Why Is Everyone Called Mohammed? May 01, 2011
Anyone care to open a new thread titled "My wasta is better than yours"
patience
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dubai Knight wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:
Squirm squirm DK!

I do suggest you go back and read your 99 year 'lease'. You pay service fees to someone. Try making a structural alteration and then see who pulls the strings. You can have the breeze blocks and take them with you when you move out, but you don't own the land, so you don't have the freehold.

Then do some research on the Dubai Country Club, whose land was actually gifted in perpetuity by Sheikh Rashid, as it is now a hole in the ground.

As for being worried about 'Uncle Mohammed'?

Not much.

I will take it up with him at our next meeting.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Yes, Knighty, right! Hence your rapid explanation of your Mohammed the Flip Flop quip! LOL OOOOPs!
FYI I have no need to make a structural alteration, I am more than happy with my 'ghetto in the sky'.
LoL!
You take it up at your next meeting, why don't you? Your squirming tells a picture that needs no explanation from me! I do wish I could be a fly on the wall at that meeting! PMSL!!!

desertdudeshj wrote:Hmmm....lookie what we have here, history repeating itself all over again. Old mumsy threathing another forumer with some dire consequences in the real world because he upset her in the virtual world, boo hoo ! Ofcourse and as always using someone elses shoulder to fire the volley. This time smashing her own record of how low can one go by using her teenage daughter's friend to send out threats. I've heard about children involving adults in their playground spats but this is the first time seeing an adult stand behind children.

Pathetic to say the least ! :roll:

Munchkin! Big hug from Aunty BM! How are you? Hope Dubai Taxis aren't working you too hard! Did you pick me up from JBR the other morning? I thought it may have been you! You were very helpful with all my cases and I hope you spent the dhs35 I gave you as a tip well. That would have bought Mrs DDS a new dress and a new pair of flip flops. I saw her mates looking at the clothes in Carrefore the other evening, they were raving over them!
Well Munchkin, as per the usual, BM can only fire the ammunition she is provided with! it really isn't my fault that DK engages keyboard before brain when he attempted to belittle my ownership at the 'Ghetto In The Sky'
I have to admit i do feel rather sorry for him! It really isn't that nice to see a 'man' squirm so!
Maybe he should learn not to lash out at others without thinking first! PMSL!!!

-- Sun May 01, 2011 12:12 am --

patience wrote:Anyone care to open a new thread titled "My wasta is better than yours"

I have no need to brag about my wasta Patience. I know there is someone else here with far far far more wasta than BM! I am a novice compared to that person. :lol: :lol:
Hello You! You know who you are! I loved that diamond ring! WOW!
Bethsmum

Wellcome to another episode of more mindless ramblings by your favourite wind bag, right here on.

desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Wellcome to another episode of more mindless ramblings by your favourite wind bag, right here on.

LOL Are you on the graveyard shift again DDS? I will get my daughter to make a special request for you when she needs a taxi back to JBR! No lip mind! her husband is a big lad! He won't like you smooth talking her like you do me :lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

BM, it's not smart or clever to be posting pictures of the guy on the forum. 1. he's pretty easy to indentify by his tattoos, (there's only two or three guys that do tattooing here - I know all of them! and they all post pics of their work, so not hard to identify.) 2. his trousers are extremely low, was he flashing you? 3. I'm not sure Etisalat or Du would appreciate that, a local lad getting his kit off for some old bird to photograph him! Hmm does that not go against the cultural and religious laws and feelings of the UAE - I think it does! 4. He's a local, who is not married nor related to you or Beth in any way, therefore you could all be up the creek without a paddle if the 'right' person were to see that.

Plus I seriously doubt he has an influential 'uncle' most of them like to pretend they have wasta and are related to the big guys, but more than likely he doesn't know and is certainly not related to anyone.

I would suggest you remove it asap!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:BM, it's not smart or clever to be posting pictures of the guy on the forum. 1. he's pretty easy to indentify by his tattoos, (there's only two or three guys that do tattooing here - I know all of them! and they all post pics of their work, so not hard to identify.) 2. his trousers are extremely low, was he flashing you? 3. I'm not sure Etisalat or Du would appreciate that, a local lad getting his kit off for some old bird to photograph him! Hmm does that not go against the cultural and religious laws and feelings of the UAE - I think it does! 4. He's a local, who is not married nor related to you or Beth in any way, therefore you could all be up the creek without a paddle if the 'right' person were to see that.

I would suggest you remove it asap!

LOL Sorry Chocs, your frightener doesn't work.
1. The tattoo is something he added to the picture afterwards. You know all the tattooists in Dubai? Is there anybody or anything you don't know?
2. No, he wasn't flashing me. It is one of many of his FB profile pictures.
3. No. he didn't get his kit off for me, or Beth either. Why would Du be interested in who gets their kit off for BM? :?
4. Yes, you're right he's local and he's free to post whatever he wants on his FB. As for me being up the creek without a paddle, well, firstly, I'm not in Dubai, and secondly, if I was I'm pretty sure I have a Get out of Jail free card somewhere I could pull. :lol: :lol:

BTW Thanks for the PM! May be you would like to consider removing those 'images' you posted of me in FC, or retract that slanderous statement that I'm a hardcore alcoholic? Isn't that something you could be called on?
No? I didn't think so!
Bethsmum

As I said, it's up to him what he posts on his FB, but it's not for YOU to post it here. It's not a frightener, it's common sense! What you've posted in here could get the forum shut down - simple as! Don't you realise that people report inappropriate stuff to Du and Etisalat every day and get forums, blogs, etc blocked and shut down?

FB and sites like that have security levels, so that the user can choose who sees what of their profile. Here you've just dumped it for all and sundry to see. Well done, I really do have to question whether you have any common sense at all!

Plus there's only your word that the photo wasn't taken in front of or by you - the way it's posted, it most certainly looks like it was!

Anyway I'll let Andy remove it, because you certainly won't.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:As I said, it's up to him what he posts on his FB, but it's not for YOU to post it here. It's not a frightener, it's common sense! What you've posted in here could get the forum shut down - simple as! Don't you realise that people report inappropriate stuff to Du and Etisalat every day and get forums, blogs, etc blocked and shut down?

FB and sites like that have security levels, so that the user can choose who sees what of their profile. Here you've just dumped it for all and sundry to see. Well done, I really do have to question whether you have any common sense at all!

Plus there's only your word that the photo wasn't taken in front of or by you - the way it's posted, it most certainly looks like it was!

What's inappropriate about it Chocs? It's a torso! It could be of anyone. If you can identify anyone from that picture then, as you often tell us, you truely are marvellous!
I don't find it anymore offensive than the images you and Kanelli posted and attributed to me in FC or the image of the Fat Slags from DK with his invitation to my place for a drink.
I also find it offensive that you posted that you have a list of inappropriate stuff to send round to my holiday home.
The difference between you and me is that I don't bleat on about what I don't like.
If Andy wants to remove it then that's his perogative. It really doesn't bother me, it's a torso. It's obviously caught your attention.
Bethsmum

Chocoholic wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:all men in general tend to think with their 'small' brains lol

Then you must also think that all women are attention graving golddiggers (or plainly said ho's), right?

LOL but sadly men are a tad more predictable than women.

I guess so, men are champs when it concerns compartimentalization .

The nothing box is spot on!
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

If i had to guess, i would say this isn't a picture of the chap in question at all.....

1. The "tatoos" are drawn on the picture (as BM has said).

2. The "T.King" tatoo is hardly likely to represent "The King", but rather "Tom King"or similar.

3. What's with the line across the picture? Looks like a double page spread in a magazine that has been photographed again, after the tatoos have been drawn on.

It's more than likely the guy having a laugh by posting a pic from a magazine on FB, as people do.
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

BlueOrb wrote:If i had to guess, i would say this isn't a picture of the chap in question at all.....

2. The "T.King" tatoo is hardly likely to represent "The King", but rather "Tom King"or similar.

3. What's with the line across the picture? Looks like a double page spread in a magazine that has been photographed again, after the tatoos have been drawn on.

It's more than likely the guy having a laugh by posting a pic from a magazine on FB, as people do.

:lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

BlueOrb wrote:If i had to guess, i would say this isn't a picture of the chap in question at all.....

Actually you're probably right. My initial thought was that it looked a tad like Karl Wolf - but he has quite a few large tattoos. - Real ones!

I bet the guy isn't even local, probably some Emirati wannabe other arab nationality - there are so many of them here.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Actually you're probably right. My initial thought was that it looked a tad like Karl Wolf - but he has quite a few large tattoos. - Real ones!

I bet the guy isn't even local, probably some Emirati wannabe other arab nationality - there are so many of them here.

Yes, of course you did Chocs PMSL!

Now I wonder who you are presuming isn't local? Is it the torso or Mohammed? LOL!
Bethsmum

Because YOU tried to pass it off as your friend Mohd BM, you stated that was him - anyway just had it confirmed by my work make that the image IS actually Karl Wolf - busted!

FYI, Karl is Lebanese, brought up in Sharjah, currently lives in Canada. And yes I do know him!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

What'd ya expect a shallow gold digger to be attracted to a decent human being or bod and bling ? Even though in this case its fake.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:What'd ya expect a shallow gold digger to be attracted to a decent human being or bod and bling ? Even though in this case its fake.

A 17 year old? Isn't that called cradle snatching, or some sort of altercation with a 'minor'? Maybe she should have been added to the school teachers who've had affairs with their students thread.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:As I said, it's up to him what he posts on his FB, but it's not for YOU to post it here. It's not a frightener, it's common sense! What you've posted in here could get the forum shut down - simple as! Don't you realise that people report inappropriate stuff to Du and Etisalat every day and get forums, blogs, etc blocked and shut down?

Chocs, there are many locals who get their tats outside of the UAE. Many of them travel to the UK, the US, and other countries where getting a tat is not illegal. Where they have them done on their body are not visible = to be seen by a select few. :wink: As for you knowing 3 artists, I'm sure there are several more that you don't know about as they don't exactly advertise!!!!

I can't believe that you fell for the pic. :lol: :lol: By using his common sense, BlueOrb easily figured it out. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Chocoholic wrote:Because YOU tried to pass it off as your friend Mohd BM, you stated that was him - anyway just had it confirmed by my work make that the image IS actually Karl Wolf - busted!

FYI, Karl is Lebanese, brought up in Sharjah, currently lives in Canada. And yes I do know him!

Hey Chocs! It's not BM's fault you are gullible! LOL.

What'd ya expect a shallow gold digger to be attracted to a decent human being or bod and bling ? Even though in this case its fake.

Munchkin! It's just as well you haven't got the body or the bling isn't it?

A 17 year old? Isn't that called cradle snatching, or some sort of altercation with a 'minor'? Maybe she should have been added to the school teachers who've had affairs with their students thread.

OOOH! Now Chocs, you're trying to make our BM is a peudo! That on top of a hard core alcoholic! WOW, you are sinking to some lows to try to discredit me aren't you? Desperate or what Chocs? :lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat