Is Misery Called Life's Posts Unreadable?

Topic locked

What do you think of MCL's posts?

Poll ended at Apr 10, 2009

Perfectly fine, I enjoy them
20%
They are annoying and unreadable
80%

Total votes : 10

Is Misery called Life's posts unreadable? Apr 05, 2009
Or is it just me?

K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 05, 2009
As I said before, the use of shorthand typing or sms text makes messages very difficult to understand and read properly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 05, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:As I said before, the use of shorthand typing or sms text makes messages very difficult to understand and read properly.

very true... its annoying sometimes the over use of shortcuts in messages

however, I dont find anything wrong with Misery called Life's posts being unreadable... they are fine with me

hey K-Dog.. i think you are getting old :D
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Apr 05, 2009
quatroporte wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:As I said before, the use of shorthand typing or sms text makes messages very difficult to understand and read properly.

very true... its annoying sometimes the over use of shortcuts in messages

however, I dont find anything wrong with Misery called Life's posts being unreadable... they are fine with me

hey K-Dog.. i think you are getting old :D

Could be my son, could be :D
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 05, 2009
Requires too much work to "read" them. Could make a valid point but it gets lost in the translation, if one finishes a post that is.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 05, 2009
Honestly, I didn't even notice it.

Boy, that Scooby Doo is getting old and grumpy. ;)

Probably doesn't have anything else to do. 8)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 05, 2009
Talk about generation gap! There are some real antiques on this forum...eh? :D
I've recieved enough flak on account of my English, thereby taking into consideration the Fatherly figures on this forum, I pledge to improve the grammatical content of my posts!

As always, I appreciate the constructive criticsm! :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 05, 2009
You better do that son, cause I'm carrying your a$$ here with 30 percent approval rate :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobbyG

Apr 05, 2009
^^^Yeah it was kinda getting hot under the collar! Thanks for the support...I owe you one :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 05, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:^^^Yeah it was kinda getting hot under the collar! Thanks for the support...I owe you one :D

;)
RobbyG

Apr 05, 2009
It has nothing to do with age or generation. It has to do with making yourself understood. You make valid points, but it's clear that some of us give up reading your posts, because it's just too much like hard work.

How do you think your posts come across to people who's first language isn't necessarily English?

Do you understand how the human brain reads? You can take any word and mix up all the letters, but so long as the first and last one are in the correct place, then the word can be understood. Omitting letters from words is confusing and makes it difficult to read properly. I only want to have to read something once, not a gazillion times to understand it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 06, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:It has nothing to do with age or generation. It has to do with making yourself understood. You make valid points, but it's clear that some of us give up reading your posts, because it's just too much like hard work.

How do you think your posts come across to people who's first language isn't necessarily English?

Do you understand how the human brain reads? You can take any word and mix up all the letters, but so long as the first and last one are in the correct place, then the word can be understood. Omitting letters from words is confusing and makes it difficult to read properly. I only want to have to read something once, not a gazillion times to understand it.

Choco you've nailed it. Thank you.

For the unemployed Dutch imbecile whose sole purpose in life seems to be adding post counts on a foriegn forum (how pathetic), I'm still gainfully employed and have a job lined up back home without even a day's break in between.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 06, 2009
K-Dog wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:It has nothing to do with age or generation. It has to do with making yourself understood. You make valid points, but it's clear that some of us give up reading your posts, because it's just too much like hard work.

For the unemployed Dutch imbecile whose sole purpose in life seems to be adding post counts on a foriegn forum (how pathetic), I'm still gainfully employed and have a job lined up back home without even a day's break in between.

Good to hear about your new job KD
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 06, 2009
K-Dog wrote:

Good for you!

Unfortunately, you had to search for your way out by mentioning the post count. How pathetic is that!

I couldn't really care less whether is was 1 or 100,000. I have my investments to bother about. Not you or my postcount.

Go work your regular a$$ of then. I rather be slightly off the 'paved' road of life and have my entrepreneurial desires evolved than 'following' the masses like you.

Think about that Doggie.
You're dribbling by the way. Use a tissue :lol:
RobbyG

Apr 06, 2009
Bump

More Votes Please.

Just kidding. I'll drop it after 77-22 final count and more importantly MCL promising to improve :)
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 06, 2009
The little rat has spoken.

:albino:
RobbyG

Apr 07, 2009
Thanks for voting guys. MCL love your rudeboy post, keep it coming dude..........
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 07, 2009
he ought to be banned for life :P
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat