Why Is Everyone Called Mohammed?

Topic locked
Re: Why Is Everyone Called Mohammed? Apr 26, 2011
Mahmoud04 wrote:just a question, BM, do u know if Muhammed's parents are aware? I don't see these boys are mean from what u said so far, but its good that u r in the scene and congratulations for the relation u have with B...

I wouldn't think for one minute that Mohammeds parents are aware, Mahmoud. Mohammed is very protective of his parents and their position, he doesn't much like talking about his family and I've told Beth to respect his privacy. Mohammed has taken Beth and her friend to his sisters house tho'.
They all seem to get along just fine.

-- Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:50 am --

Chocoholic wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:I never said you didn't know what you are talking about, In fact I thanked you for your advice.
I do trust Beth 100%. She's a lovely girl.

Well it's nice that you have such a great relationship with your daughter. Just sad that teenage boys, well all men in general tend to think with their 'small' brains lol

All men Chocs? That's a bit of a sweeping statement.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

My mom and dad always trusted me 100%, but that doesn't mean that bad things can't happen.

I used to live in cottage country in my province and I remember one summer when I was 13 I was out fishing on the bottom footings of a bridge with my young step-brother. Two older teenage boys who were on holiday from the city somehow saw us from above and came along and started to chat me up. They asked me to hang out with them and I said, "No, I'm fishing with my brother and then going home." They started to se.xually harass me. My little step-brother became uncomfortable - he must have felt powerless. The two guys were chasing me under the metal supports and as I tried to get away quickly I hit the side of my face badly on the rusted metal supports and it knocked me down. I was a bit dizzy and bleeding from my face. The guys panicked and ran off. It is a good thing that I didn't get knocked out and drown in the water if my little step-brother couldn't drag me in. It was frightening for something like that to happen in quiet cottage country, under a bridge in broad daylight while fishing with my step-brother.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:My mom and dad always trusted me 100%, but that doesn't mean that bad things can't happen.

I used to live in cottage country in my province and I remember one summer when I was 13 I was out fishing on the bottom footings of a bridge with my young step-brother. Two older teenage boys who were on holiday from the city somehow saw us from above and came along and started to chat me up. They asked me to hang out with them and I said, "No, I'm fishing with my brother and then going home." They started to se.xually harass me. My little step-brother became uncomfortable - he must have felt powerless. The two guys were chasing me under the metal supports and as I tried to get away quickly I hit the side of my face badly on the rusted metal supports and it knocked me down. I was a bit dizzy and bleeding from my face. The guys panicked and ran off. It is a good thing that I didn't get knocked out and drown in the water if my little step-brother couldn't drag me in. It was frightening for something like that to happen in quiet cottage country, under a bridge in broad daylight while fishing with my step-brother.

That's an awful tale K! Were they called Mohammed too?
Bethsmum

kanelli wrote:My mom and dad always trusted me 100%, but that doesn't mean that bad things can't happen.

K, there is a big difference between 2 children off in a very secluded area, and being in public. It's not as if the girls were venturing out into the desert on their own and came across some guys who may have bad intentions. As each generation become parents and as the world as they knew it changes, they become more cautious as to where their children are and have to instill "fear" and caution into their children at an early age. It's unfortunate that a child's innocence has to be altered at an early age, but that's just the way it is.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Hello everybody - have introduced myself in the new members thread but kinda think that nobody really bothers to read that so have chosen this to say hi to you all. I have been following you all now for a couple of years and decided that I really should stop being a cyber stalker and get myself a voice. So hello to you all and please be gentle!!!
patience
Dubai Forums Frequenter

patience wrote:Hello everybody - have introduced myself in the new members thread but kinda think that nobody really bothers to read that so have chosen this to say hi to you all. I have been following you all now for a couple of years and decided that I really should stop being a cyber stalker and get myself a voice. So hello to you all and please be gentle!!!

Hello to you patience (nice username) and welcome to DF.

Following for years?? Yikes!!!! :lol: Look forward to your participation. :)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Thanks Bora nice to finally talk to you. I thought my username to be most appropriate!!! With regard to the topic at hand I would like to say that when I was in Dubai I had two teenage daughters and I think that BM is sensible with the no getting in a car with local boys (the poor French boy comes to mind). Trouble is you can't really stop them mixing but make sure it's in public and that your kids are not outnumbered. Seems like BM has this under control. I know though for a fact that my own daughters didn't tell me everything at the time. We have a close relationship and a few things have come out since!!!! :roll:
patience
Dubai Forums Frequenter

patience wrote:Hello everybody - have introduced myself in the new members thread but kinda think that nobody really bothers to read that so have chosen this to say hi to you all. I have been following you all now for a couple of years and decided that I really should stop being a cyber stalker and get myself a voice. So hello to you all and please be gentle!!!

We have fans?

Good heavens!
I am sure some here will give you their autograph.

Welcome!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Thanks DK

Sounds genuinely sad when you put it like that!!! I have read with interest the Choc wars the Robbie Saga the Speedhump era. Was all extremely entertaining!!! Have a few things to tell myself re Dubai and their treatment of people but don't want to jump in all guns blazing. As my username suggests I have been patient and will continue to be so. Let's just say for now that Herve and I have alot in common.
patience
Dubai Forums Frequenter

patience wrote:Let's just say for now that Herve and I have alot in common.

Oh, now you have my attention!!!! Did you wear a kandora to make your escape? :wink: Did you or are you writing a book?? :shock:

Please don't be tooooooooooo patient when it comes to sharing your experience. So looking forward to hearing about it.

As for teenagers: Parents really are the last to know everything about their offspring. As my mother would say: If I really want to know more about you all I have to do is ask your friends!!. So right. I don't know of anyone who didn't do something that their parent/s didn't know about. As much as a parent would like to think they know their child/ren there will always be somethings they won't know.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Why Is Everyone Called Mohammed? Apr 27, 2011
BM, my darling!
I agree with all that you say here. You are intelligent and savvy (and beautiful!), so you know what is best for you and your children. I am sure you have checked out the credentials of all the Mohammads that Beth is seeing, and you are the best judge. And if you say they are alright, then they are! 8)
I am jealous though; I hope Mohammad does not have an eligible Uncle!! :cry:
zonker
BANNED

Re: Why Is Everyone Called Mohammed? Apr 27, 2011
zonker wrote:BM, my darling!
I agree with all that you say here. You are intelligent and savvy (and beautiful!), so you know what is best for you and your children. I am sure you have checked out the credentials of all the Mohammads that Beth is seeing, and you are the best judge. And if you say they are alright, then they are! 8)
I am jealous though; I hope Mohammad does not have an eligible Uncle!! :cry:

Hello Zonker ! I agree BM is very beautiful indeed :D !! LOL This is me on BB's password! Don't tell her she is pouring the chardonnay. you know that cheapo shit that chavs drink! KOL Kisses fron BM not BB. she is stirring the couldron LOL
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Why Is Everyone Called Mohammed? Apr 28, 2011
Yes BM, you are incredibly beautiful! :drunken:
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:Yes BM, you are incredibly beautiful! :drunken:

Thank you Zonker, you are very kind. Even after a very late night sitting on Bora's stunning terrace, I have to agree, I'm gorgeous :D

BTW all is going well on the Mohammed front. What a nice young boy he is. I llike him! He hasn't come up with a rich Uncle yet.
Bethsmum

Q -Why is everybody names Mo ?

A - Same reason why everyone is name , John , or somethingMAN or christy, every country has their own common names
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:Q -Why is everybody names Mo ?

A - Same reason why everyone is name , John , or somethingMAN or christy, every country has their own common names

Well I have to say Zubber, I have never come across so many people called the same name, ever. I have met 3 new Mohammeds in the last few days. How are you supposed to now who you are talking about? I have to refer to Beth's friend as The Torso as I was sick of saying who? which one? what?
Bethsmum

Chocoholic wrote:all men in general tend to think with their 'small' brains lol

Then you must also think that all women are attention graving golddiggers (or plainly said ho's), right?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Bethsmum wrote:Well I have to say Zubber, I have never come across so many people called the same name, ever. I have met 3 new Mohammeds in the last few days. How are you supposed to now who you are talking about? I have to refer to Beth's friend as The Torso as I was sick of saying who? which one? what?

The last names are identifiers, So you refer to them by that , makes it more easier
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Why Is Everyone Called Mohammed? Apr 29, 2011
zubber wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Well I have to say Zubber, I have never come across so many people called the same name, ever. I have met 3 new Mohammeds in the last few days. How are you supposed to now who you are talking about? I have to refer to Beth's friend as The Torso as I was sick of saying who? which one? what?

The last names are identifiers, So you refer to them by that , makes it more easier

That seems a bit rude Zubber! I'll call the Torso by his title. I think it's Sheikh. He's a lovely lad! He wasn't much impressed with DK's 'Mohammed ther flip flop' reference. Seems they take family insults to heart :lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

Re: Why Is Everyone Called Mohammed? Apr 29, 2011
Perhaps you already know this , "Sheikh" was once a title of someone of noble characteristics , But now every alcoholic, wh0re chaser, diseased , arrogant, half brained, monkey (ie., the middle easterners) use this title, which is a mockery to what it stands for , so dont call anyone Sheikh, That will only fuel their wretched arrogance.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Why Is Everyone Called Mohammed? Apr 30, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:
zubber wrote:

That seems a bit rude Zubber! I'll call the Torso by his title. I think it's Sheikh. He's a lovely lad! He wasn't much impressed with DK's 'Mohammed ther flip flop' reference. Seems they take family insults to heart :lol: :lol:

Zubber, don't ruin BM's image of the ever exotic, se.xy, and powerful Sheikh ;)

I'm surprised that a person would say, "Hey Sheikh Torso, I was writing all about you and my daughter on a Dubai internet forum, and some mean man named DK referred to you as "Mohammed the flip flop". Then come back and report, "Mohammed didn't like DK's comment!". Bizarre. :shock:

Interestingly... I seem to recall BM greeting Shaf in a thread saying, "Hello there my flip flopped friend!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:all men in general tend to think with their 'small' brains lol

Then you must also think that all women are attention graving golddiggers (or plainly said ho's), right?

LOL but sadly men are a tad more predictable than women.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

A truely bizzare story allowing a teenage girl dating an adult person in a country where there is the sharia law applied when local citizens are involved. I had to read it a few times to believe what I was reading.
macjul
Dubai Forums Member

macjul wrote:A truely bizzare story allowing a teenage girl dating an adult person in a country where there is the sharia law applied when local citizens are involved. I had to read it a few times to believe what I was reading.

Don't worry, the suitable age for marriage here is about 12 so the young lady in question is probably considered 'over the hill' by now!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

macjul wrote:A truely bizzare story allowing a teenage girl dating an adult person in a country where there is the sharia law applied when local citizens are involved. I had to read it a few times to believe what I was reading.

The Mohammed in question is only 17, so no he's not an adult yet, he's still a teenager. Plus no one ever said they were dating, just hanging out. Don't worry warnings (unheeded) have been given about how inappropriate it is.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

A Sheikh is a Sheikh in the UAE or Saudi Arabia. In Europe, N America etc. any Arab might call himself a Sheikh.
There are good Sheikhs and bad ones.
BM was in Dubai for a short visit with her daughter, and is now back in the UK. I think they all enjoyed themselves, and I enjoyed reading her accounts of her stay in Dubai.
I am sure they have nothing but good memories, despite all the dire warnings.
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:A Sheikh is a Sheikh in the UAE or Saudi Arabia. In Europe, N America etc. any Arab might call himself a Sheikh.
BM was in Dubai for a short visit with her daughter, and is now back in the UK. I think they all enjoyed themselves, and I enjoyed reading her accounts of her stay in Dubai.
I am sure they have nothing but good memories, despite all the dire warnings.

But some people actually have the name Sheikh and they are not actually a Sheikh - can be a tad confusing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:But some people actually have the name Sheikh and they are not actually a Sheikh - can be a tad confusing.

Yes good point , Its like somebody having his first name as King or Jester, it's just a bad naming practice and arabs today have forgotten their roots completely , what remains is only the evil of their tribes

-- Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:53 am --

kanelli wrote:
Zubber, don't ruin BM's image of the ever exotic, se.xy, and powerful Sheikh ;)

:lol: , well i can understand why women get dazzled with a pretentious show of wealth, its the same as a guy that gets dazzled with a show of skin :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

kanelli wrote:Zubber, don't ruin BM's image of the ever exotic, se.xy, and powerful Sheikh ;)

I'm surprised that a person would say, "Hey Sheikh Torso, I was writing all about you and my daughter on a Dubai internet forum, and some mean man named DK referred to you as "Mohammed the flip flop". Then come back and report, "Mohammed didn't like DK's comment!". Bizarre. :shock:

Interestingly... I seem to recall BM greeting Shaf in a thread saying, "Hello there my flip flopped friend!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

K. In your haste to post anything at all negative you can about me you've become confused. Let me straighten things out a bit for you.
BM doesn't have an image of Mohammed a se.xy and powerful Sheihk. Largely because he's 17. BTW K. Mohammed does have a fantastic torso, he works out every single day. You must have missed the picture that I posted of that torso when you were in your self inflicted exile from DF! LOL.

DK didn't refer to Beth's Mohammed as 'Mohammed the flip flop'. When DK was trying to impress on me that my flat, and every other flat in JBR, I presume, was worthless, he refered to 'Mohammed the flip flop' being able to come and build a hotel on the site of JBR at his whim! (That would be a big hotel! LOL). By that he surely meant Sheikh Mohammed Al Maktoum. Now as we are constantly reminded that this is a Dubai based forum, I do feel it was slightly remiss of the self confessed wise old owl of DF refering to Sheikh Mohammed in that manner. I'm sure he is more than aware that locals even post of this forum. What I pointed out that while Beth's Mohammed appears to have a sense of humour, he didn't particularly like Sheikh Mohammed being refered to in that manner, and I don't blame him. Mark my words, that isn't something that he wants to repeat! :shock:

Now come on K! You weren't taken in by Shafique's claims that he was the quintessential English gentleman were you? LOL. Shafique's a peasant sitting on a beach somewhere with a British passport taped to his forehead, protesting 'I am British, I am, I am. I am, so there!' and meanwhile refering to true English people as the white feral underclass. :roll:

Perhaps you already know this , "Sheikh" was once a title of someone of noble characteristics , But now every alcoholic, wh0re chaser, diseased , arrogant, half brained, monkey (ie., the middle easterners) use this title, which is a mockery to what it stands for , so dont call anyone Sheikh, That will only fuel their wretched arrogance.

awww Zubber, suffered at the hands of the Emiratis aleady? And you've only been here 2 minutes! :D
Why you're just behaving like all those immigrants who come into my country. Come and enjoy our hospitality and meanwhile slagging us off. If you don't like the Emiratis that much Zubber, why don't you jump on the next banana boat back to India? I'm sure you won't be missed :lol:

, well i can understand why women get dazzled with a pretentious show of wealth, its the same as a guy that gets dazzled with a show of skin

There speaks the man who posts about breasts and unwrapping the candy! Err Zubber :roll: Make your mind up!

A Sheikh is a Sheikh in the UAE or Saudi Arabia. In Europe, N America etc. any Arab might call himself a Sheikh.
I am sure they have nothing but good memories, despite all the dire warnings

Yes Zonker, we are safely back in the UK. Beth enjoyed herself tremendously! She says it was the best holiday ever. Mohammed looked after her well, they went bowling, to the cinema, visited the malls and called at his family's homes. All the things that you would expect 15/16/17 year olds to do. He delivered her and her friend home each night in one piece. Nothing but very good memories. :D

The Mohammed in question is only 17, so no he's not an adult yet, he's still a teenager. Plus no one ever said they were dating, just hanging out. Don't worry warnings (unheeded) have been given about how inappropriate it is.

I don't see how it is inappropriate Chocs. It only really matters what I think at the end of the day and I didn't have a problem with Beth hanging out with a 17 year old local boy. He is welcome to visit us in the UK anytime he likes.

Don't worry, the suitable age for marriage here is about 12 so the young lady in question is probably considered 'over the hill' by now!

How very amusing! :roll:

A truely bizzare story allowing a teenage girl dating an adult person in a country where there is the sharia law applied when local citizens are involved. I had to read it a few times to believe what I was reading.

Actually it was a topic about every other man being called Mohammed. The Mohammed's in question were all around 17. Not adults by any stretch of the imagination.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:awww Zubber, suffered at the hands of the Emiratis aleady? And you've only been here 2 minutes! :D
Why you're just behaving like all those immigrants who come into my country. Come and enjoy our hospitality and meanwhile slagging us off. If you don't like the Emiratis that much Zubber, why don't you jump on the next banana boat back to India? I'm sure you won't be missed :lol:

you seem to be really on top things hmm

Bethsmum wrote:There speaks the man who posts about breasts and unwrapping the candy! Err Zubber :roll: Make your mind up!

Hey, im no denier lady :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat