Dubai Vs Sharjah

Topic locked
Dubai vs Sharjah Jul 11, 2006
Ok people!!
Time for some more help again please!!!

Sharjah. What is there?? What would it be like to live and work in (I'm already certain that living in Dubai and working in Sharjah would be next to impossible).
What should I know about Sharjah?? Are there some nice places to live comparable to say the Marina in Dubai?? Are there many ex-pats living there (not including those that are bussed into Dubai to build some very tall buildings!). Is there anything to do??

Thanks in advance!!

Zoots

the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 11, 2006
You can't drink and there is no shisha.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 11, 2006
GAB wrote:You can't drink and there is no shisha.

I don't drink anyway, so thats that one covered!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 11, 2006
you have to tolerate the traffic jam from Sharjah to Dubai.
geraintindxb
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 11, 2006
Sharjah is boring to live in. When you go out it will always be in Dubai...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 11, 2006
I have a friend who lives in the Greens (near the Marina) and commutes to Sharjah every day - it's going against the traffic,
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 11, 2006
Liban wrote:Sharjah is boring to live in. When you go out it will always be in Dubai...

If I can get there!!

But what about places to live. Are there some good areas with good apartments for rent?? Are apartments cheaper than in Dubai??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 11, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
Liban wrote:Sharjah is boring to live in. When you go out it will always be in Dubai...

If I can get there!!

But what about places to live. Are there some good areas with good apartments for rent?? Are apartments cheaper than in Dubai??

The Buheira corniche and new corniche area (close to Dubai-Shj highway) have some absolutely beautiful apartments with stunning views. A very nice area, rents are highest in these areas in Shj, but still a bit cheaper than Dubai. Lovely area, you should have a look. Traffic jams will be there but there are different routes you can take to cut down on the time (i commute frequently to meet my customers and I can manage Garhoud to Shj and vice versa in 40 minutes tops during peak hours).

And the corniche is as close as you can get to the Dub-Shj highway I believe... Good luck with your search.. though a thing to note is that the apartments by the corniche are not that easy to get, very much in demand.
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 11, 2006
jag wrote:... and new corniche area (close to Dubai-Shj highway) have some absolutely beautiful apartments with stunning views.

That's where I live. I totally agree that the view is stunning, for people who are used to living in a high-rise it might be nice. I don't really enjoy it because I hate noise from neighbours with children etc.

Thats two pictures showing the view from our flat from the balcony...

ImageImage
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2006
jag wrote:
the_zooter wrote:

If I can get there!!

The Buheira corniche and new corniche area (close to Dubai-Shj highway) have some absolutely beautiful apartments with stunning views. A very nice area, rents are highest in these areas in Shj, but still a bit cheaper than Dubai. Lovely area, you should have a look. Traffic jams will be there but there are different routes you can take to cut down on the time (i commute frequently to meet my customers and I can manage Garhoud to Shj and vice versa in 40 minutes tops during peak hours).

And the corniche is as close as you can get to the Dub-Shj highway I believe... Good luck with your search.. though a thing to note is that the apartments by the corniche are not that easy to get, very much in demand.

you live in Garhoud?
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 11, 2006
nice apartments, but cant walk with a girl after 10 pm on the streets... leave alone getting cozy :wink:
easternjewel

Jul 11, 2006
to add to the list of no booze, shisha, women after ten it is also illegal to use a pedal bike apparently as well.

I think Sharjah is a good place for families but my opinion is that for a single guy it might be a bit boring.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Re: Dubai vs Sharjah Jul 11, 2006
the_zooter wrote:Ok people!!
Time for some more help again please!!!

Sharjah. What is there?? What would it be like to live and work in (I'm already certain that living in Dubai and working in Sharjah would be next to impossible).
What should I know about Sharjah?? Are there some nice places to live comparable to say the Marina in Dubai?? Are there many ex-pats living there (not including those that are bussed into Dubai to build some very tall buildings!). Is there anything to do??

Thanks in advance!!

Zoots

I lived in Dubai and sharjah. Its really crazy to come in Dubai from sharjah during weekend nights and after 5 . In Dubai ,u can find some nice chicks but in sharjah u will only see the black or white abay:roll:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 12, 2006
thanks for all your replies and opinions!
Just thought I would cover all my bases and options. Obviously Dubai is my first option - to be near to all you crazy guys!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 12, 2006
Sorry and no disrespect meant- one word describes Sharjah- boring!! Don't do it! Come to Dubai!
vixnax
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 12, 2006
vixnax wrote:Sorry and no disrespect meant- one word describes Sharjah- boring!! Don't do it! Come to Dubai!

I'm trying!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 12, 2006
zooter

Get a place close to British embassy ,in case if u ever rape a local arab girl , u dont need to run a lot to get inside Embassy :) .

Your brother

HP
:roll:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 12, 2006
i dont think its such a big deal, the route between dubai and sharjah, i live in the same buhairah corniche area in sharjah, i like our area, but i also am in dubai on a daily basis.

sharjah is just more family orientated.
ninnevah
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 12, 2006
you guys are funny you talk about Dubai vs Sharjah as if its thousands of miles away from each other.

Zooter think of it like this , different neighborhoods in the same city. If you got a job offer in Sharjah, dont just dismiss right away. IF you live in Dubai and work in SHarjah thats a reverse commute and you wont be stuck in Dubai traffic for 4 hours a day. YEs Sharjah is much more conservative so dont wear shorts to work, or try to shag your secretary under the desk. But other than that its not that big of a deal. Now if you want to live in Sharjah you have to respect the laws there : Legally you cant be with women who are not affiliated to you (meaning wife, sister, mother, etcc...) so if you have a woman in your apartment who isnt one of those and if some neighbor complains you might end in jail. I am not sure how enforced this is, but its the law. I do know they are much more soft now than they were a few years ago.

Best of luck zoots !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 12, 2006
Thanks MaaaD. Nothing concrete yet - just trying to keep my options open, and whilst I probably now know everything there is to know about Dubai (well, nearly!), I knew very little about AD, and now Sharjah too.

Has anybody got anything else to add??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 12, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
Has anybody got anything else to add??

Hand raised*

Sharjah's road are too narrow to drive! so say your driving on this 2 lane road, you can put down your windows & shake hands with the motorist!
Also they have too many round abouts, difficult names, & less sign boards.. so if your lost, your lost. :wink:
easternjewel

Jul 12, 2006
is this real EJ, or low life who hacked EJ's account ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 12, 2006
ej* :)
easternjewel

Jul 12, 2006
wb EJ

:wink:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 12, 2006
arnie i am assuming you know for sure its her .. so i will take your word for it ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 12, 2006
yes i am sure Maaad

EJ and i have pm'd each other, and i asked her some secret questions which i knew only EJ would know the answers - She passed.

pssssst

The question was "do you love HP - EJ ?

Answer

"yes, with all my heart and my pencil case"

This can only be EJ

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 12, 2006
thank u guys, identity theft is a curse!
easternjewel

Jul 12, 2006
AWW arnie, how could you put it on the board for HP to see?! your such a jerk :lol:
easternjewel

Jul 12, 2006
EJ welcome back ... and bring back the summer bikini avatar :D
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 12, 2006
maaad, your soo desparate! I m sure you were praying I get back my ID only for the bikini sake :P
easternjewel

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat