Me Bank? What About Me?????

Topic locked
Me Bank? What about Me????? Dec 10, 2006
picture this:
First thing I did wrong: on my way out I told my secretary that I'm out.She said the Bank will certainly courier the welcome pack over, as we work for the big Emirates company.So I thought

"OK, better get some job done since she says I can". So I got to work.Then I called the Bank. Bullsh17. They wouldn't. The absolutely require to see my face to make sure nobody else gets their precious ATM card to a bank account that is empty and inactive.By the time I'd called them, another meeting came up so I couldn't leave the office.

Aha, thought to myself - this time I will be smarter - I'll call the cab well in advance (over an hour) so it will be waiting for me right outside the door when I've rushed out of the meeting. Guess what - during the meeting I get three phonecalls from somebody who goes something like this "Aaaaa ser where yu ar? Aaaa mat da tedminal tu""I'm at the Dnata Center", i reply, "the Airline Center, Deira, by the clocktower", "Aaaaa [inaudible] de glocqtower weh", "Excuse me, I called so that you would come at 12.30 to the Airline Center, by the clocktower", "Aaaa de glocqtower too much trapick [ inaudible] passendgier [inaudible etc.]"I lost it then. lover calls me three times during the meeting, instead of just calling the company and getting them to order another taxi. What's wrong?

OK - I'm getting downstairs, having thretened the driver I will call his company if he's not downstairs at the time I had requested. Obviosly, he wasn't.Out of luck (luck?!) I caught a taxi that just came around and dropped someone off.Unfortunately, this driver was just as lost as the other one, poor bastard couldn't find his way out of a paper bag. Shaking his head like a horse bitten by a mosquito and excusing himself "No ser I dunno" to any question I'd asked.

OK, I think to myself again - still I have a solution: call 181 and get the customer service at the Emirates Bank to explain me the way to the branch.Now that's efficient - before I hung up the SMS comes with the number. Dial.

"Emirates Bank how may I help you?"
Off course she can help me. For the whole day I've been listening to idiots giving me all the wrong advices and directions. So help me, tell me the way to the Regency Galleria Emirates Bank Branch, and I pass her to the driver. Everything seems right. Eventually.It's time to call the taxi company and vent my hatred towards the previous driver.Traffic. Can anyone explain to me what are all these phukkers doing all day long driving around and blocking every possible street? What's wrong?

But OK - the clock is ticking, we're nearly there, there's half a chance that I will actually make it. I especially turned my watch about 5 minutes in advance in order to stop being late.Obviously, the bastards at the branch did exactly the same.As I arrived, three minutes of 1, I've found the security officer put the chain on the door.

OK, I think to myself - no way, man, you're letting me in. Fortunately enough my formal looks, European accent and visible frustration got me inside the bank."Somebody help me, I'm here to collect my welcome pack.""From hwere you have to collect it?""The Regency galleria branch""But it's not even here, ser, it's waaaay away, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel"
Now is this some kinda grim fuck1N9 joke?

More on dubaimisfits.blogspot.com

dubaimisfit
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 10, 2006
Glad to know that I am not the only one having problems with them!

I applied for my first ever credit card with them, a MeUniversity credit card, and I applied over about a month back, was promised by them to receive a phone call 7 to 10 days later, bullcrap, haven't received anything from them. Called them up yesterday to know where the f*k my CC is, and they required those details: First name, last name, mother's name, po box and date of birth, and even after that they say: We have nothing on the system BUT we need your passport number!! :?

Now I have to wait until the xmas break to go myself and sort the crap out... idiots
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 14, 2006
I've had issues with MeBank, but they always seem to resolve it eventually. Can't really complain. I even got a replacement credit card free after they misspelt my name on the first one. To receive the card at home is convenient if you are at home. My father had the same issue as you about not being able to meet the courier, but you can't really blame the bank for you showing up at closing time.

I signed up with them simply because I have a branch in front of my house and I need to deposit a lot of cheques each month. It's not like they are the best out there or anything.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 15, 2006
We got MEbank credit card couple of years ago, loaded it with credit/cash and went to the USA. It was refused everywhere we went, needless to say, when we returned, it was returned in pieces.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 19, 2006
ME back is sucky, I cancelled my account with them ages ago!
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 19, 2006
same here, i cancelled mine along time ago....must of been a bad day...sorry to hear that
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Me Bank? What about Me????? Dec 19, 2006
dubaimisfit wrote:
I especially turned my watch about 5 minutes in advance in order to stop being late.Obviously, the bastards at the branch did exactly the same.

lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
U made my day dude ! :lol: :lol:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Dec 19, 2006
And still waiting for my credit card despite sending them e-mails and going myself... Argh... Are there any other banks that offer credit cards to students like me with no direct source of income?
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 20, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:And still waiting for my credit card despite sending them e-mails and going myself... Argh... Are there any other banks that offer credit cards to students like me with no direct source of income?

Hehe, Sharjah Islamic Bank. Seriously.

The MEBank rep who came to my house was trying to force the MEUniversity thing on me, but I made them give me a card based on my Dhs 5000 in a MeFortune account, which I opened specifically to get an "adult" card.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 24, 2006
So if ME bank is not recommended, then what other banks do you guys suggest (for a salary transfer) :?:
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 24, 2006
V-Man wrote:So if ME bank is not recommended, then what other banks do you guys suggest (for a salary transfer) :?:

I have been with HSBC for 14 years in UAE and a further 25 years outside, never had any problem.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 24, 2006
Thanks for that. I will try them out. I have been a HSBC customer in the UK for the past 4 years (I had a student account with them).

Another quick question:

How easy is it to transfer funds from one UK HSBC account to a Dubai UAE HSBC account. cheers
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list