YOUR BEST HOLIDAY

Topic locked
YOUR BEST HOLIDAY Aug 16, 2007
When and where did you spend your best holiday and what made it extra special?

Donnabelle
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 16, 2007
Too many great adventures but recently house boating in Oman, (Khasab/Musandam), What made it special, easy the people I was with, that and swimming with Dolphins.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 16, 2007
fayz wrote:Too many great adventures but recently house boating

What's house boating? Renting a house boat (that does not move) but is moored. Or...if moving then its a boat/ship?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 16, 2007
Moscow, Russia Federation

great people, lovely language, great food, buildings are just awesome, best metro in the world, the most beautiful women in the world.....i loved it

btw There are no bears in russia.....i checked
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 16, 2007
Any of my snowboarding holidays...

but the best one being Fernie in Canada, as it was there my now hubby proposed to me! :)
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2007
Bleakus wrote:Moscow, Russia Federation

great people, lovely language, great food, buildings are just awesome, best metro in the world, the most beautiful women in the world.....i loved it

btw There are no bears in russia.....i checked

Please tell me you didn't go to Russia just to see their "most beautiful women in the world," because you could see their women here too.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 16, 2007
gtmash wrote:Please tell me you didn't go to Russia just to see their "most beautiful women in the world," because you could see their women here too.

Nope, i liked the history of the country and plus i had friends there. They came to dubai twice so i decided to pay them a visit. Well the women there were one of the reasons i wanted to stay there ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: YOUR BEST HOLIDAY Aug 18, 2007
Donnabelle wrote:When and where did you spend your best holiday and what made it extra special?

i just got back from my holiday in spain...i loved it soooo much. it was the best i ever had in my life. it was extra special because i had a great fun, made new friends, visited a lot of places and i fell in love with Barcelona :D
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Hello Sep 12, 2007
I spend my best holiday at any beach or in ocen resort.Really I love to relax at such beautiful places.I used to visit different beaches and ocen resort each year.I found more information related to beaches and ocen resor at splashvision.com.
longzero12
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Hello Sep 12, 2007
longzero12 wrote:I spend my best holiday at any beach or in ocen resort.Really I love to relax at such beautiful places.I used to visit different beaches and ocen resort each year.I found more information related to beaches and ocen resor at splashvision.com.

is there any specific beach you would recommend?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: YOUR BEST HOLIDAY Sep 12, 2007
Donnabelle wrote:When and where did you spend your best holiday and what made it extra special?

May 2005. Venice, Italy. Celebrating my daughter's first birthday who's first-named after the city/region.
Great, romantic, unique city. Love it. No baby friendly though (cobbled stone and lots of stairs) ;)
Went to nearby islands (Murano & Burano). What unique & beautiful small islands. Highly recommended!

Copyright by myself
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 26, 2008
islands of Malaysia, no rush, beautiful nature, friendly people,. lovely white sandy beaches........nirvana ....
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 26, 2008
1) Macau, watched the NBA Macau games
2) US, el-ay, vegas, etc
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 29, 2008
I had a wonderful time in Hungary, Budapest is a very beautiful city with a cool nightlife. For the same reasons Barcelona, affordable and cool.
More recently Dubai, I like this idea of going to the beach, make shopping, hot weather and go eating and clubbing at night. Very safe too...But Dubai is not very known from french actually, they think it's an expensive place...
davidofff
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 12, 2009
holiday on the back on the motorbike around Europe, it was from 30 degrees to zero and snow on top of Grossglockner, nice
denicka
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 21, 2009
Posh inter-railing around Europe in 2007, which involved first-class cabins and nice hotels. I feel a bit too old for busy hostels and sleeping in stations these days, I need a bit of luxury. We visited 10 countries in 22 days, with highlights being Berlin (a fabulous city, I felt instantly at home), the light and crisp of a Murmansk summer, and Finnish friendliness.
dawnage
Dubai Forum User

Mar 05, 2009
We had a lovely one [with brilliant food ] on the QE2 , around the Med , 2 years ago.

I see on www.visit-dubai.co.uk , that the QE2 is mentioned on the left hand menu, because she is berthed in Dubai, on Palm Jumeirah.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
dawnage wrote:Posh inter-railing around Europe in 2007, which involved first-class cabins and nice hotels. I feel a bit too old for busy hostels and sleeping in stations these days, I need a bit of luxury. We visited 10 countries in 22 days, with highlights being Berlin (a fabulous city, I felt instantly at home), the light and crisp of a Murmansk summer, and Finnish friendliness.

That sounds like a great time, but incredibly tiring ! :D

Best holiday is hard to choose, but 8 days in Maldives was incredibly tranquil and very 5 star and they still have some lovely reefs to snorkel (I don't scuba unfortunately).

But, you know, I think maybe my best holidays were on a small 4 berth cruising boat on the upper reaches of the Thames in UK (say between Reading and Oxford) with my parents when I was a late teenager. Quiet English countryside, fishing, country pubs, walks in fields (watching out for bulls). I think it's pretty expensive to do now.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 17, 2009
my best holiday would be of the time i visited north of Pakistan..Islamabad/Lahore/Murre..its a true beauty...and being my nation i can relate to its beauty more... =)
mahira
Dubai Forum User

Mar 24, 2009
my best holiday was mauritius, the food, weather and the friendly people made it very special, loved it
emzy
Dubai Forum User

Apr 01, 2009
Cancun Mexico. Because I was with 10 of my close friends!
Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 10, 2009
Sorrento in Italy , like in visit-sorrento.co.uk , near Naples, was a great holiday. I have fine memories of Vesuvius [ walked the volcano rim] ; Pompeii ; Amalfi ; Capri ; Positano etc .
Beautiful area, combining scenic beauty , with plenty of fascinating ancient history.
The Mediterranean takes a lot of beating!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
I would say Santorini, Greece. Stayed at this hotel called theoxenia. Beautiful place. It's like the four elements combined i think - you got the fire (where it overlooks a volcanic caldera lake), you got water which is the Mediterranean sea, you've got land (volcano island) and the winds.

simply beautiful. :)
siegeknife
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 25, 2009
We enjoyed the Greek island of Rhodes once. Lovely old walled town there and Lindos in the south. see visit-rhodes.co.uk.

Our favourite holiday now is cruising, especially in the Mediterranean or Caribbean.[ see visit-barbados.co.uk ]
The Med has the advantage of much more diversity and far more interesting historical landmarks. We enjoy that.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 25, 2009
Such a hard question.

I really enjoyed Durres, Albania. it was the first time I didn't see a McDonalds or other food chain. No hotel chains like Hilton, Westin, etc. The only chains I saw where gas stations.

Albania was so much fun. Lots of dancing and music. The people were great and well mannered. They respected my personal space. It was clean. Food was very simple far from gourmet but enjoyable.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around