Where To Go On Holiday During Ramadan

Topic locked
Where to go on holiday during Ramadan Feb 26, 2008
If you take a holiday during Ramadan where do you go? I want to go somewhere that isn't a Muslim country and somewhere warm. Any ideas?

XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 27, 2008
East would be much wet season...unless you like going around on a gloomy day with an umbrella. Thinking about Vancouver or Greek Islands (Mykonos et al) or Sicily maybe.... :)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Where to go on holiday during Ramadan Feb 27, 2008
XPClone wrote:If you take a holiday during Ramadan where do you go? I want to go somewhere that isn't a Muslim country and somewhere warm. Any ideas?

There are so many places.

I would suggest USA but September (Ramadan) is quite rainy in the warm parts ot the country. But if you go to the north (NYC) it is still pleasent.

Europe, anywhere will be pleasent - and as an added bonus the kids will be in school.

It is spring time in the suthern hemisphere, go to argentina/chile or australia/new zealand.

Of course for the above you need, time, money and visa (depening on your passort) and/or you have been there or don't want to go there.

The Carabean is warm but also rainy during Ramadan.

Sorry but I don't have suggestions East of Dubai (I need suggestions myself).

I was in singapore las september and it was warm, Indonisia would be warm (oh crap forget it, the largest muslim country in the world).

Sri lanka? South Africa?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 28, 2008
Your mileage may vary, but personally, I think taking a holiday during Ramadan is a waste.

With 6 hour days and half the staff zombied in the office, the 2 Ramadans I've worked through here have topped some of the holidays I have.

Save your holidays for another time... lord knows they give us more than enough here.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 29, 2008
France of course ! September is, with April, the best month to visit.
davidofff
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 29, 2008
I hate France! If I had my way I would build a wall around it and fill it with water!
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 05, 2008
XPClone wrote:I hate France! If I had my way I would build a wall around it and fill it with water!

what?!

have you been there?

paris is the best city in the world in my opinion
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 06, 2008
Unfortunately - yes I have been there for business and holidays in the past and never enjoyed it. Paris in my opinion is the worst place. Rude people and the place is so dirty. I've seen areas of Pakistan that are cleaner.

Just my opinion - but would never go back for pleasure.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 06, 2008
ebonics wrote:paris is the best city in the world in my opinion

After New York City.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Where to spend holidays during Ramadan Jun 03, 2008
Paris, of course. Just check some of these restaurants to have an idea of what awaits you here...
Otherwise, Thailand is cheaper and also a foody's paradise.
restarinto
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around