Help UNICEF Help The People Of Lebanon

Topic locked
Help UNICEF Help the people of Lebanon Aug 02, 2006
How about instead of everyone bitching and pointing the finger over who is to blame, you all actually do something to help!

Here's some info!

UNICEF will accept cash donations in its donation centre in Al Attar Business tower – starting 31 July. Donations to UNICEF can also be done by SMS – donate AED 10 by sending a blank message to 4070.

Why cash?

Part of UNICEF's commitment besides the relief effort is also to revive the local economy. Their priority is to procure from Lebanon. So far they have purchased more that USD 2 Million from within the country. As an UN Agency UNICEF enjoys tax free purchases from around the world. They are one of the largest worldwide procurers through their central warehouses located in Copenhagen and have pre-arranged emergency kits which meet the exact needs of the affected people – all this ensures that donations are spent in the most efficient way.

What can your donations provide?

$5 – can provide an emergency health kit for one person for three months;

$11 – can provide one family with a 14 piece aluminium cooking set intended for use in emergency situations

$10.75 can provide one carton of high energy protein biscuits, specially developed for emergency supply

$86.68 can provide enough clean water to meet the early needs of ten families during the early stages of an emergency.

$200 can provide one "School-in-a-Box kit containing basic education supplies for 80 children during times of crises.

$250 can provide one tent to shelter displaced family during emergency

$1057.47 can provide one large tent to be accommodate an emergency hospital

UNICEF Aid lines will be open for inquiries Saturday to Thursday from 9 am till 6 am.

The lines are:

050 – 5023201
050 – 5381539

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 02, 2006
What about the people of "Israel" are you not being anti -Semitic by not offing to help them too
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 02, 2006
Mr & Mrs Inquirer wrote:What about the people of "Israel" are you not being anti -Semitic by not offing to help them too

Clearly Israels population and infrastructure has not been as displaced/destroyed as Lebanon's ... their need is much greater at the moment.

Good post Choc's
ajb
Dubai chat master

Aug 02, 2006
I'll commit to 5 SMS's who wants to one up me?

Also I think this should be moved to General as it is more about helping then politics if the mods agree.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 02, 2006
Why UN Agency UNICEF?
Is there no local agencies, what about the cost of transport from Copenhagen
what a waste of good money (fuel/transport is expensive)
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 02, 2006
At the Carrefour in Century Mall they had a collection bin for non-perishable foods/first aid stuff/etc....anything you could buy. I don't hang out in malls, so I don't know if they got this going on everywhere.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 02, 2006
Mr & Mrs Inquirer wrote:What about the people of "Israel" are you not being anti -Semitic by not offing to help them too

Nostradamus, can you go look for the rock u came from?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 02, 2006
mraph33 wrote:At the Carrefour in Century Mall they had a collection bin for non-perishable foods/first aid stuff/etc....anything you could buy. I don't hang out in malls, so I don't know if they got this going on everywhere.

They have those in other malls too buddy. Seen things from canned foods to luggages being donated.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 02, 2006
:?
le-serpent-rouge
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 02, 2006
le-serpent-rouge wrote:Iraqi Christians' long history

Christians have inhabited what is modern day Iraq for about 2,000 years, tracing their ancestry to ancient Mesopotamia and surrounding lands.
Theirs is a long and complex history.

Before the Gulf War in 1991, they numbered about one million, but that figures is now put at about 800,000 and falling.

Under Saddam Hussein, in overwhelmingly Muslim Iraq, some Christians rose to the top, notably Deputy Prime Minister Tariq Aziz, and the Baathist regime kept a lid on anti-Christian violence.

But this started to change after the removal of Saddam Hussein and the US-led occupation of Iraq.

shut up and donate

There has been a spate of attacks on Christian targets in Mosul, Baghdad and elsewhere in recent months. Many Christians have felt intimidated and left the country.
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums