Dubai Vs Sharjah

Topic locked
Jul 12, 2006
ermm no actually i dont give a rat's ass .. suck my big toe you dont deserve the welcome back !

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 12, 2006
:thebirdman:
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 12, 2006
Guys, guys!! Chill!!

Thanks for the info EJ. Er, I guess if I went to live & work in Sharjah, you wouldn't be coming to visit me?? :(
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 12, 2006
easternjewel wrote:nice apartments, but cant walk with a girl after 10 pm on the streets... leave alone getting cozy :wink:

Where do you get your facts from?? Honestly I have been out with my wife for a stroll many times, its perfectly fine!

From what Ive seen Shj is definitely more family oriented and if youre a single guy, well, you will be in Dubai mostly to have fun.. Evaluate your own situation, see what rents you can afford, and make your choice accordingly.

I have many friends from Shj who always meet up on the weekend in Dubai. It's second nature to them and not a big deal really.. And traffic aint as bad that EJ makes it out to be... I wish people would actually speak from experience rather than give info based on one visit or what they hear :roll:

Anyways, Garhoud is a great location if you wanna be in Dubai :D

Good luck!
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 12, 2006
Nick81 wrote:
jag wrote:
the_zooter wrote:
Liban wrote:Sharjah is boring to live in. When you go out it will always be in Dubai...

If I can get there!!

But what about places to live. Are there some good areas with good apartments for rent?? Are apartments cheaper than in Dubai??

The Buheira corniche and new corniche area (close to Dubai-Shj highway) have some absolutely beautiful apartments with stunning views. A very nice area, rents are highest in these areas in Shj, but still a bit cheaper than Dubai. Lovely area, you should have a look. Traffic jams will be there but there are different routes you can take to cut down on the time (i commute frequently to meet my customers and I can manage Garhoud to Shj and vice versa in 40 minutes tops during peak hours).

And the corniche is as close as you can get to the Dub-Shj highway I believe... Good luck with your search.. though a thing to note is that the apartments by the corniche are not that easy to get, very much in demand.

you live in Garhoud?

Yes
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 12, 2006
And by the way...

although alcohol is banned in Sharjah, you can get a liquor license as a non-muslim-sharjah-resident. You still cannot buy booze in Sharjah, but the liquor license entitles you to have booze for own use in your car and in your home :D :D :D
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2006
jag wrote:Where do you get your facts from?? Honestly I have been out with my wife for a stroll many times, its perfectly fine!

From what Ive seen Shj is definitely more family oriented and if youre a single guy, well, you will be in Dubai mostly to have fun.. Evaluate your own situation, see what rents you can afford, and make your choice accordingly.

I have many friends from Shj who always meet up on the weekend in Dubai. It's second nature to them and not a big deal really.. And traffic aint as bad that EJ makes it out to be... I wish people would actually speak from experience rather than give info based on one visit or what they hear :roll:

Jag, read & dont imagine. I am not the one who mentioned anything about traffic.
My friend had a scene where she slapped her friend(guy) in Sahara center, & as per laws the security called the cops even though she said it was her business!
You said you stroll with your “wife” ..that is alright dude, trust me, no wife, can get you in trouble & that explains why other people are often in dubai…Also, it is obvious I m not talking about public places like cornich. I have in real exchanged Cd’s with a motorist on a red signal. Roads ARE narrow, comparatively. I speak from experiences.

Zooter, I do not dislike shj or am not trying to enforce my opinion on you. Those where the drawbacks, now the positive aspect, Nice buildings, spacious apartments & lower rents (again in comparison to dubai)
Goodie luck ;)
easternjewel

Jul 13, 2006
easternjewel wrote:
jag wrote:Where do you get your facts from?? Honestly I have been out with my wife for a stroll many times, its perfectly fine!

Jag, read & dont imagine. I am not the one who mentioned anything about traffic.
My friend had a scene where she slapped her friend(guy) in Sahara center, & as per laws the security called the cops even though she said it was her business!
You said you stroll with your “wife” ..that is alright dude, trust me, no wife, can get you in trouble & that explains why other people are often in dubai…Also, it is obvious I m not talking about public places like cornich. I have in real exchanged Cd’s with a motorist on a red signal. Roads ARE narrow, comparatively. I speak from experiences.

Zooter, I do not dislike shj or am not trying to enforce my opinion on you. Those where the drawbacks, now the positive aspect, Nice buildings, spacious apartments & lower rents (again in comparison to dubai)
Goodie luck ;)

Ok. Thats a bit gay of those guards to call the cops, though I suppose it could happen in any mall really.. As for exchanging Cds, Ive been near the Maktoum Bridge in Dubai and during the jams, a lady got out and shared coffee with a few fellow motorists :)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 13, 2006
easternjewel wrote:Zooter, I do not dislike shj or am not trying to enforce my opinion on you. Those where the drawbacks, now the positive aspect, Nice buildings, spacious apartments & lower rents (again in comparison to dubai)
Goodie luck ;)

Thanks EJ - all this info is pushing useful stuff out of my brain!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 13, 2006
jag wrote:Ok. Thats a bit gay of those guards to call the cops, though I suppose it could happen in any mall really.. As for exchanging Cds, Ive been near the Maktoum Bridge in Dubai and during the jams, a lady got out and shared coffee with a few fellow motorists :)

We did not get out of our cars ;)
easternjewel

Jul 27, 2006
MaaaD wrote:you guys are funny you talk about Dubai vs Sharjah as if its thousands of miles away from each other.
!

Now that I've moved out to the suburbs I realize just how close Sharjah is, My new pad in the Marina area is 25kms from the SZR business district but Sharjah City Centre to the business district is only 18kms, ~30%closer. Having said that my commute time so far has been ~15mins, I'm guessing the fact that 1/3rd the population being out of the country is helping :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jul 27, 2006
fayz wrote:Now that I've moved out to the suburbs I realize just how close Sharjah is, My new pad in the Marina area is 25kms from the SZR business district but Sharjah is only 18kms, ~30%closer. Having said that my commute time so far has been ~15mins, I'm guessing the fact that 1/3rd the population being out of the country is helping :)

Fayz... how do you figure Sharjah to be closer than the business district - its way (WAY) past it. Unless you're going direct from the Marina to Sharjah... via the ocean.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 27, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
fayz wrote:Now that I've moved out to the suburbs I realize just how close Sharjah is, My new pad in the Marina area is 25kms from the SZR business district but Sharjah is only 18kms, ~30%closer. Having said that my commute time so far has been ~15mins, I'm guessing the fact that 1/3rd the population being out of the country is helping :)

Fayz... how do you figure Sharjah to be closer than the business district - its way (WAY) past it. Unless you're going direct from the Marina to Sharjah... via the ocean.

no dude re-read, from Emirates Towers it is 18kms to Sharjah and 25ish to my house. so distance from Emirates towers to Sharjah is closer then Emirates Towers to Marina.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 27, 2006
fayz wrote:no dude re-read, from Emirates Towers it is 18kms to Sharjah and 25ish to my house. so distance from Emirates towers to Sharjah is closer then Emirates Towers to Marina.

Bugger, my bad. Just goes to show men should not try to multi task!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 27, 2006
I should have been more clear, I've updated my original post to prevent confusion :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat