Its RAINING!!!

Topic locked
Its RAINING!!! Feb 21, 2006
I love rain, got to see how the new car handled hydroplaning.

actually I found this webcam, thought I'd share.

http://www.webcam-index.com/webcams/3376.html

fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 21, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice to have puddles!! The drains here work really well!! :shock:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 21, 2006
My car was clean yesterday and I was happy... Today my nice silver car has becomes a brown mud car...

Yeah... Rain... whoo hooo.... :oops:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 21, 2006
:lol: I am glad it happened to you!! I was going to wash my car yesterday....I am soooooo happy I didn't!! :blob3: :blob7: :blob4:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 21, 2006
Lol same here Gab! luv this weather!
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 21, 2006
Some news just gives you that warm fuzzy feeling!! :wink:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 21, 2006
I'm in my office now, it is a very nice view from here with the rain cleaning everything from the dust accumilation.

I'm also glad i didn't clean my car. Actually, i got it out of the covered parking to the open area so the rain would clean the dust that was accumilating on it as i was out of country for a week and it is very dust.

It is nice to have this change in weather.
yshimy

Feb 21, 2006
GAB wrote:Some news just gives you that warm fuzzy feeling!! :wink:

I am gettin goosebumps :shock:
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 21, 2006
I am gettin goosebumps

There IS such a thing as karma!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 21, 2006
GAB wrote::lol: I am glad it happened to you!! I was going to wash my car yesterday....I am soooooo happy I didn't!! :blob3: :blob7: :blob4:

I pay a guy 100AED / month to wash my car 4 times a week and wax it once a week and armorall the interior and wash the engine also....

Not like I feel ripped off by the rain... :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 21, 2006
Man, where is this guy? i need to have a deal with him. sounds pretty good deal.
yshimy

Feb 21, 2006
Liban-you are a slave driver and exploiting the misfortunes of others.

Can I have his number?
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 21, 2006
I simply asked him, how much he wants, he told me and I obliged.

He works in my building. Which makes it easier on him and me.... I cannot give you my number because if his boss finds out he is fired. I have to protect him that way....

Also, I alwaysd give him food, and lend him DVDs so he can watch with buddies in the camp he is in (they have a DVD player, WOW!)... Also bought him a couple of gifts... Clothes to be precise.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 21, 2006
:lol: :lol: I was joking on both accounts.........well, may be not the part about the slave driver! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 21, 2006
Hail to the slaves liberator, man you are kinder than Ibraham lincoln

:wav:

heheh j/k.

In other notice, you are giving illeagal money to a person, as he already have a fulltime job and you are hiring him for a part time job.

Does he have license to do so?? no, so you are helping a criminal.

See how it can be seen in more than one prespective.
From abusing a slave, to helping him to helping a cirminal... Human mind is very screwed up. there is no right and wrong.
its all matter of judgment.

cheers
yshimy

Feb 21, 2006
Aiding and abetting?? :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 21, 2006
yshimy wrote:In other notice, you are giving illegal money to a person, as he already have a fulltime job and you are hiring him for a part time job.

Does he have license to do so?? no, so you are helping a criminal.

See how it can be seen in more than one prespective.
From abusing a slave, to helping him to helping a cirminal... Human mind is very screwed up. there is no right and wrong.
its all matter of judgment.

cheers

I couldn't agree more it is a matter of perception, here are people in dire need of making money because their employers don’t pay them enough to survive working on the side, these are your building maintenance men, your gas station attendants that are stripped bare so management can strip not only their dignity but the few dirhams that people give them throughout the day.

It disgusts me that now the government is arresting these people for trying to supplement their income and has even set up a 1-800 number for people to rat them out. These people aren’t begging, aren’t stealing, only providing a service that by in no way are you obligated to purchase.

For me, I’m personally banning all hired parking lot licensed wash attendants as my way of protesting this, Stripping peoples means to earn an honest living only leads people to a dishonest life.

My two fils, end of rant.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 21, 2006
You mentioned "stripping people", in another context there was a report that some petrol company was strip searching its employees for their tips! :shock: I always ask the pump attendents if they get to keep the tip or if they are going to be strip searched.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 21, 2006
Can taxi drivers and gas attendants keep their tips?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 21, 2006
The janitor makes 600 AED / month....

I pay him to clean my flat and my car pretty much an amount that combined equals 50% of his salary....

If that makes me a criminal then so be it.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 21, 2006
GAB wrote:You mentioned "stripping people", in another context there was a report that some petrol company was strip searching its employees for their tips! :shock: I always ask the pump attendents if they get to keep the tip or if they are going to be strip searched.

Like they will tell the truth...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 21, 2006
kanelli wrote:Can taxi drivers and gas attendants keep their tips?

Depends on company policy. I would hope the answer is yes.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 21, 2006
99% of the time I fill up at the same Emarat pump and after months of my custom the 2/3 guys that usually served me asked me to stop giving them a couple of dhs when they clean my glass or wash my car. Reason, they don't get to keep it anywayz. Now I buy them a bottle of soft drink or give them sweets cause at least they get to enjoy these things.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 21, 2006
GAB wrote:You mentioned "stripping people", in another context there was a report that some petrol company was strip searching its employees for their tips! :shock: I always ask the pump attendents if they get to keep the tip or if they are going to be strip searched.

Actually same context, the stripping I was referring to was of Gas station attendant tips, Emarat management steals their employess tips, Eppco does not. There is a good thread about this, I'll cross post a link to it.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 21, 2006
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 21, 2006
Liban wrote:The janitor makes 600 AED / month....

I pay him to clean my flat and my car pretty much an amount that combined equals 50% of his salary....

If that makes me a criminal then so be it.

No this means you give an honest man an opportunity to supplement his income.

the forcing him to spit polish your spark plugs with his tongue make you a criminal :lol: :lol: :lol: (j/k)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 21, 2006
fayz wrote:the forcing him to spit polish your spark plugs with his tongue make you a criminal :lol: :lol: :lol: (j/k)

You are jealous that your guy doesn;t to that and mine does.... :) LOL
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 21, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:99% of the time I fill up at the same Emarat pump and after months of my custom the 2/3 guys that usually served me asked me to stop giving them a couple of dhs when they clean my glass or wash my car. Reason, they don't get to keep it anywayz. Now I buy them a bottle of soft drink or give them sweets cause at least they get to enjoy these things.

Emarat hires the best staff, My banning of Emarat has made me realize that i miss the regular group of guys that use to fill up my car at Emarat, they were friendly and helpful.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 21, 2006
Well i do belive in every single word you said.
I myself do this and more.

But.

Let me play the "Devil's Advocate" and ask what the guys with suites and thongs up their Ar$$ would ask:

These guys are doing Illeagal acts, Do they have license to do what they are doing?
Their original empolyer employed them full time not part time so they shouldn't do anything as part time.
How can you do a claim if the person do a fraud on you or delivered bad service? (scratch your car while cleaning)
These guys don't pay taxes on the income they get from you (not applicable to UAE)

hehe, sounds bad right, but i'm the devil's advocate
yshimy

Feb 21, 2006
I agree about Emarat Fayz and at least those guys make a marginally better wage than other stations, but I have found the Enoc next to Ibn Battuta to be pretty friendly, thorough and careful when filling up and cleaning my car.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat