Emirati Homegirls

Topic locked
Emirati Homegirls Jan 08, 2006
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share this as it was brilliant!

Was sitting having some lunch with friends yesterday, when all of a sudden we hear Daddy Yankee's 'Gasolina!' blasting out all over the place. So we turn around fully expecting it to be a group of young lads getting on down to the funky tunes. Instead we see a group of young Emirati women in a little car, hands in the air, heads moving to the beat. They all had their abiyas on - very pretty by the way with gorgeous embroidery. And they're going nuts to the music.

The scary thing was the windows to the car were all closed, but the music was sooooo loud.

I swear everyone around did a double take, it was so funny and unexpected.

You go homegirls - whoohoo!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 08, 2006
Hahahahahaha, well funny.

Just as side thought, but I often wondered if we were able to turn our music up in the car, given the fact that we are in Mourning!

Even the footie is not being shown in some bars.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 08, 2006
well even the emaritis local gurls do wana enjoy their life........but they are forced by their customs r traditions.........so they cant and as they have their whole family over here....so they are also afraid to be seen by their relatives........every1 does have their own rights.......but yeah its not normal seeing them doing these things :wink:
aduberdu
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 08, 2006
hahahaha that is so awesome, you go girls!!!
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jan 08, 2006
lol
AhmedBinAbdullah
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 09, 2006
well even the emaritis local gurls do wana enjoy their life........but they are forced by their customs r traditions.........so they cant and as they have their whole family over here....so they are also afraid to be seen by their relatives........every1 does have their own rights.......but yeah its not normal seeing them doing these things

I suppose that was Choc's point :)

People have fun (men or women) in their own way defined by their culture, and needn't be defined according to one way (western or not) certified by the West, for it to be true fun.

I have been invited to a "Majlis" of local women, and it was SOO fun, and unexpected for me. A big room where women have their privacy, can talk,scream, play (innocently :P ) without a boyfriend snooping in to bother.

It's like a "Girls' night out" all the time all year round :) Now that's fun and different.
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 09, 2006
Choco did you note their appearences? Can you describe em? I can be their DJ :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 09, 2006
Hey guys and gals,

Don't get me wrong. I have no qualms with people enjoying them selves, it was just this happened when we are supposed to be in mourning! :lol: :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 09, 2006
Hehehe, Sniper420, you're funny! Well from what I could see they were all pretty girls, gorgeous abayas and seemed to be having fun.

Yorky, yeah that was the thing, when everyone else was deathly quiet, the music was mentally load, as I said the windows to the car were all shut, so the noise in the vehicle must have been deafening.

But very funny to see!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 09, 2006
Choco,
Similar experience happened to me in the newyear's eve. It was so crowded and streets was very slow new Hayat Regiency and was trying to go into the shandagha tunnel and i was in my car with a friend and this X5 black Beemer just stood beside us in the busy traffic and the tunes was all over the place and it was very high and i was just joking with my friend and started to dance on the tunes and didn't notice or even check who inside the car, and suddenly they rolled down the glass and it was 2 Locals in Abayas in front and in the back i saw 2 gurls with their hair out and they were chillin as you were saying and they kept screaming HAPPY NEW YEAR and waving with the V sign with their hands.

hehehe, it was amazing i just replied Happy new year and they kept repeating it and then another Abu Dhabi plats lexus just kept running after them and i just quite at this point as i had to go into the tunnel.

Everyone have fun, some times in private, sometimes in public.

Cheers all
yshimy

Jan 11, 2006
What exactly is brilliant about this ?
Its nothing to be proud of, its something more to be ashamed of,
it just shows how further we are moving away from our religion,
and what is more disgraceful is when our very own muslims condone these actions and think its something great !

This is a mockery of Islam and its very obvoius coz it was "so funny" as choc stated.Start thinking fellow muslims!
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 12, 2006
shaakira wrote:What exactly is brilliant about this ?
Its nothing to be proud of, its something more to be ashamed of,
it just shows how further we are moving away from our religion,
and what is more disgraceful is when our very own muslims condone these actions and think its something great !

This is a mockery of Islam and its very obvoius coz it was "so funny" as choc stated.Start thinking fellow muslims!

well yeah but those girls were among the pretty girls and were observed by another bunch of pretty girls (choco and her gang) and I truly beleive Choco is straight. So no infridgement of any laws unless any male like moi cast an adulterous look on em. Is it Shakira? Oh by the way did u see the poster of new shakira album? yeah yeah that Eve style one. I see the baby reaching for something other than the apple. LOOK CLOSELY... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 12, 2006
And since when is music permitted in Islam brother sniper ?
we have an alternative to music : Anasheeds
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 12, 2006
Sniper is not a Muslim. So why call him brother?

And you are right, such music is forbidden in Islam.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 12, 2006
Liban wrote:Sniper is not a Muslim. So why call him brother?

And you are right, such music is forbidden in Islam.

Liban ever since u reached the coasts of Dubai u have been recruited by a terrorist group. So bad to see a moderator talking shit like death to zionists and all the crap . Well Shakirah what's Sufism then?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 12, 2006
Sufis are heretics. They are not true Muslims.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 12, 2006
A mystical dimension of Islam. Most of the followers of such "schools" are of the Sunni sect.

The Sufi school of thought believes in purity and a personal bond with God reached through meditation, prayer and avoiding different "sins".

There are 4 main sufi "teachers" , Al-Rifai, Al-Jelani, Al-Badawi, and a fourth guy I can't recall.

Sufis are generally respected because of their role in spreading Islam in Indonesia and the Philippines.

Nevertheless, it seems that some myths have mixed/new "schools" have started that contradict with the basic fundemental rules of Islam, but the followers of these are basically the poor and uneducated.

You don't need a muslim to answer that :)

Also , as I understand, music that involves sex/violence..etc, is "Makrooh" (Hated), not "Haram" (forbidden). But then again, different schools of thought may differ on how "not allowed" it is.
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 12, 2006
Also, since when are moderators not allowed to express their views? This is Dubai, part of the UAE, part of the Arab Nation. A Nation that has been stabbed countless times by the West and Israel. A Nation that will rise up one day and take back its pride and its lands.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 12, 2006
Liban wrote:Also, since when are moderators not allowed to express their views? This is Dubai, part of the UAE, part of the Arab Nation. A Nation that has been stabbed countless times by the West and Israel. A Nation that will rise up one day and take back its pride and its lands.

HAHAHA freedom in speech in mideast? kekeke. Just recently isreal banned robertson eVENTHOUGH he insulted Arabs and at the same time poor Sharon. Yes Liban u dont know $hit about me so like ur avatar $uck ur thumb and drive ur echo :x. No Linda Sufis aint uneducated. If u go to Turkey many ppl are rich are followers of Sufism. What's ur opinion of Shias Liban? MUTAAH? yes temporary marriage. MMM let's start another topic on that.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 12, 2006
No Linda Sufis aint uneducated. If u go to Turkey many ppl are rich are followers of Sufism

When did I say that Sufis aren't educated?

What I said was:-

Nevertheless, it seems that some myths have mixed/new "schools" have started that contradict with the basic fundemental rules of Islam, but the followers of these are basically the poor and uneducated.

I was referring to the newer groups that have emerged in Egypt and Morocco and Pakistan.

A good deal of Sufis, are still adherent to the basic "route" set forward by the initial 4 "schools" I mentioned above. One of these is the one started by Ahmed Al-Rifai, which people in Syria/Turkey usually follow.

Nevertheless, I highly doubt if your personal observation encompasses ALL the sufis in Turkey. You might want to check up on it.
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 12, 2006
Liban wrote:Also, since when are moderators not allowed to express their views? This is Dubai, part of the UAE, part of the Arab Nation. A Nation that has been stabbed countless times by the West and Israel. A Nation that will rise up one day and take back its pride and its lands.

The Arab nation stabs its own people and is bitterly divided because of religious and political factions. The Arab nation has stabbed Israel, just as Israel has stabbed it. Neither one should be claiming moral superiority.

In case you haven't noticed Liban, the UAE wants the West to be involved in its development.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 12, 2006
sniper420 wrote:

HAHAHA freedom in speech in mideast? kekeke. Just recently isreal banned robertson eVENTHOUGH he insulted Arabs and at the same time poor Sharon. Yes Liban u dont know $hit about me so like ur avatar $uck ur thumb and drive ur echo :x. No Linda Sufis aint uneducated. If u go to Turkey many ppl are rich are followers of Sufism. What's ur opinion of Shias Liban? MUTAAH? yes temporary marriage. MMM let's start another topic on that.

Temporary marriage thing is retarded.

I'll stop there.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 12, 2006
kanelli wrote:
The Arab nation stabs its own people and is bitterly divided because of religious and political factions. The Arab nation has stabbed Israel, just as Israel has stabbed it. Neither one should be claiming moral superiority.

In case you haven't noticed Liban, the UAE wants the West to be involved in its development.

1) The Arab people who are the children of the Arab Nation are united. I get along with all Arabs and them with me. We are one.

2) Arabs never stabbed Israel... I dunno what you are talking about.

3) The UAE wants the West to invest for its money of course. But just because I allow you to buy something of mine or borrow it for money doesn't mean I love you... When the UAE has had enough of the West it will disgard it like dirty socks.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 12, 2006
Liban wrote:
kanelli wrote:

1) The Arab people who are the children of the Arab Nation are united. I get along with all Arabs and them with me. We are one.

2) Arabs never stabbed Israel... I dunno what you are talking about.

3) The UAE wants the West to invest for its money of course. But just because I allow you to buy something of mine or borrow it for money doesn't mean I love you... When the UAE has had enough of the West it will disgard it like dirty socks.

All three statements are false.

I certainly hope you won't be returning to Canada. It is a country that needs people who are tolerant of other cultures. You are best to stay in an Arab country and don't buy anything made in the West, or created with Western technology, lest you be considered a hypocrite. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 12, 2006
I will just say one thing

IRAN - IRAQ war!!!!!!!!

:D
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 13, 2006
kanelli wrote:
All three statements are false.

I certainly hope you won't be returning to Canada. It is a country that needs people who are tolerant of other cultures. You are best to stay in an Arab country and don't buy anything made in the West, or created with Western technology, lest you be considered a hypocrite. :lol:

All three statements are CORRECT. It is a shame that you are quite misinformed my friend.

I doubt I will be returning to Canada. I will most likely be remaining in an Arab country with my Arab bretheren.

What is created by Western "technology" is OK to use for the following reason. The Arabs launched the western development movement back from the time of the rennaissance, so no, it is not being a hypocrite.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 13, 2006
Liban wrote:What is created by Western "technology" is OK to use for the following reason. The Arabs launched the western development movement back from the time of the rennaissance, so no, it is not being a hypocrite.

Very humourous. I suppose there has to be an excuse for Arabs who hate the West to continue to suck up Western culture and buy and use Western-made products and technology. :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 13, 2006
kanelli wrote:
Liban wrote:What is created by Western "technology" is OK to use for the following reason. The Arabs launched the western development movement back from the time of the rennaissance, so no, it is not being a hypocrite.

Very humourous. I suppose there has to be an excuse for Arabs who hate the West to continue to suck up Western culture and buy and use Western-made products and technology. :)

Why don't you just leave Dubai.... Because quite honestly you keep slamming Arabs and Arabs are the owners of these lands which provide expats with good money and decent that many would never see in their own Welfare States.

Who is the hypocrite? Now thats humorous :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 13, 2006
well said Liban

:wink:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 13, 2006
arniegang wrote:well said Liban

:wink:
:hello1: