Woman Groped By Hand Or Laptop

Topic locked
Woman groped by hand or laptop Aug 10, 2006
http://www.7days.ae/2006/08/07/stand-up-for-rights.html

well how did the woman proof he really groped her ? Were there any witnesses?I want to know how hte justice system works there

sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 10, 2006
i read that to, the whole thing sounded most strange
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 10, 2006
arniegang wrote:i read that to, the whole thing sounded most strange

The reason I asked is because one of my freind's teenage son (16 yr old) who lives in Dubai was accused of groping. He was standing in a queue and suddenly a woman in front of him yells a him accusing him of groping her. He stood there speechless and nervous, she dragged him to police station and on the way she told she would drop the case if he paid her some cash!!! While in police station he started crying, thanks to his innocent demeanor police were quick to find out she was lying and let the woman go without any charge! Then they adviced him to b careful of women who blackmail to get easy cash. Goooooosh
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 10, 2006
That sucks

the police should have arrested and charged her for falsly accusing.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Woman groped by hand or laptop Aug 10, 2006
sniper420 wrote:http://www.7days.ae/2006/08/07/stand-up-for-rights.html

well how did the woman proof he really groped her ? Were there any witnesses?I want to know how hte justice system works there

well i don't know what to think...it's her word against his word!
it's so vague... :?
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 11, 2006
it was said the court will take the desicion he next day, i wonder if anyone knows what it was?
yshimy

Aug 12, 2006
Yeah the guy got jailed!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 16, 2006
it's really stupid..... when I was in Dubai in a shopping mall, one of my freind called me from behind and I turned and suddenly hit a national woman . i apologised but she stared me ina way that i felt she thought I had done intentionally. Now if she had created a scene, i would have been in great trouble cos a, i dont know Arabic b, being a westerner i will be prime suspect c, police favor nationals (what I heard from friends). now if she drags me to courst (if they ever gimme a priviledge to defend) how are they going to prove that my act was intentional or not? Lastly who legislates the laws of UAE? Is it Sharia law or some powerful bunch of shiekh's law?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 16, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Yeah the guy got jailed!

Really???

Wow what happened to an accuser requiring two witnesses??
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 16, 2006
I had a very close call a couple days ago, i was at city centre picking up a few things and quickly turned just as a lady was walking the other way, for all intents I basically ended up goosing her, I apologized profusely and walked the other way as fast as possible.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 16, 2006
ehehehe Oh no Fayz! Malls are so packed sometimes you can't help but bump into other people.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 16, 2006

he got jailed?????? :shock: :shock: :shock:
how did they prove that he was guilty? or just her word weighted more than his?
so strange...quite absurd! where is the benefit of the doubt?
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 16, 2006
From 7 Days:

A man who blamed his laptop for groping a woman in an elevator has been jailed for three months. PB, 28, introduced himself to Robelyn Agustin, also 28, in the elevator of their apartment building. As he left he touched her buttocks and made a suggestive remark.

But PB denied the charges, saying she was hit by his computer. “I didn’t intend to touch the woman,” he said during the trial. “It wasn’t my hand, I was carrying a laptop that hit her in the back while I was getting out of the elevator. I even apologised to her.” But the judge didn’t believe him, and sentenced him to three months followed by deportation.

The man didn’t appear surprised as the verdict was read out. On Monday 7DAYS reported how Agustin was calling on women to come forward and report sexual harassment.“I know a lot of women are embarrassed to speak out and keep quiet hoping it will go away but that will only embolden those guys to do more,” she said.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 16, 2006
alexandra wrote:

In the UAE, the benefit of doubt is always given to the women.
Eros
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 16, 2006
Hmmmmm maybe there were evidence that nailed the guy in the elavator. Camera? Witness? ...whatever

Let me share the below to you peeps,this happened to one of my friend's colleague:

A Lebanese woman while at work lost her ring worth 6000 Dhs (not sure of the value). She believes she left it in the sink when she went to the WC. On her way out she saw an Indian lady coming in. When she realized the ring was gone, she went to the Indian lady whose office is next door asking and barking where the ring is now, Indian lady said she doesnt know what she is talking about.

Later that day she went to the police and told the whole story. What happens next?

Police went to the Indian lady's house and turn it upside down for ring! They didnt found it and drag the poor fellow to their HQ for further investigation and detained her there.

The next morning one waitress in the coffee shop in their bldg found a ring, gave it to the Manager, then Manager gave to Security Officer of Bldg w/c handed it over to the police! Indian lady was then freed.

Later that day Lebanese lady was taken into court by Indian lady's company. Last news heard Lebanese lady was fired by her employer.

Haay Dubai.... :?
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 16, 2006
A good example of how F'd Dubai can be at times, if the lady that I bumped raised a scene I'd be in jail right now as well.

Also if the Indian women was of different nationality I’m not sure the cops would be busting up the house.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 16, 2006
Eros wrote:
alexandra wrote:

In the UAE, the benefit of doubt is always given to the women.

hmm...ok ! got it but still i don't think it's fair what happend! he was sentenced to 3 months in jail but as far as i can see there is no evidence (and i know this cases r hard to prouve) only her word being more powerfull than his...the moral would be:
make ur laptop behave while u r arround women! :? :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 16, 2006
Well why don't they just go the whole hog and have segregated lifts in every building?!

How do they know the woman didn't make up the story? And one guys life is now totally destryoed because of a 'mistake' it's pathetic.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 17, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well why don't they just go the whole hog and have segregated lifts in every building?!

How do they know the woman didn't make up the story? And one guys life is now totally destryoed because of a 'mistake' it's pathetic.

my point exactelly!
even if this cases r difficult to prove...still there has to be some evidence to back up her story!
and i don't think that anyone who lives there and knows the consequences of groping a woman would do this on purpose! :?
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 17, 2006
alexandra wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Well why don't they just go the whole hog and have segregated lifts in every building?!

my point exactelly!
even if this cases r difficult to prove...still there has to be some evidence to back up her story!
and i don't think that anyone who lives there and knows the consequences of groping a woman would do this on purpose! :?

youd be surprised....

i went out with some of my cousins to celebrate the iranian holiday (eid noruz). well we were standing in line and we were talking in arabic about how excited we were. there were a bunch of guys in front of us, hearing us speak in arabic i guess they thought we didnt know farsi and one of them decided it was ok for him to turn around and grab my ummm upper body part :?. at first i thought it was a mistake so i didnt say anything but when my cousin and i heard them talking about it, (yup, they are real in farsi) i about killed him. the police came and didnt do shit about it, he asked us if we were local (yes) then asked what we were doing here (celebrating the holiday) his answer....serves you right. i slapped him on the face and told my cousin to come with me and find a better place to go.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
alexandra wrote:

my point exactelly!

youd be surprised....

i went out with some of my cousins to celebrate the iranian holiday (eid noruz). well we were standing in line and we were talking in arabic about how excited we were. there were a bunch of guys in front of us, hearing us speak in arabic i guess they thought we didnt know farsi and one of them decided it was ok for him to turn around and grab my ummm upper body part :?. at first i thought it was a mistake so i didnt say anything but when my cousin and i heard them talking about it, (yup, they are real in farsi) i about killed him. the police came and didnt do shit about it, he asked us if we were local (yes) then asked what we were doing here (celebrating the holiday) his answer....serves you right. i slapped him on the face and told my cousin to come with me and find a better place to go.

Hmmmm....slapping wouldnt be enough, u should have called ur brother, or heck, just call the whole tribe to give him a small lesson.........."local mentality...but it works lol"
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 17, 2006
uae75 wrote:

Hmmmm....slapping wouldnt be enough, u should have called ur brother, or heck, just call the whole tribe to give him a small lesson.........."local mentality...but it works lol"

oh no, i had my uncle call in his station because i remembered his name from when he first came to see what was going on and had him suspended. bloody a*hole, i think i gave him more than a small lesson...oh and taking a slap from a woman - in public.... should be lesson enough for those kinds of people
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
uae75 wrote:

oh no, i had my uncle call in his station because i remembered his name from when he first came to see what was going on and had him suspended. bloody a*hole, i think i gave him more than a small lesson...oh and taking a slap from a woman - in public.... should be lesson enough for those kinds of people

Actually, dear, as of late, guys getting slapped in public isnt a big deal anymore.....or is it just me lol.......naaaa just kidding.
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 17, 2006
uae75 wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
uae75 wrote:

Actually, dear, as of late, guys getting slapped in public isnt a big deal anymore.....or is it just me lol.......naaaa just kidding.

يا عيني....lol perhaps we should try this and see how you feel? lol
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
uae75 wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
uae75 wrote:

lol.....thanks, but i insist on rejecting your offer lol
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 17, 2006
uae75 wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
uae75 wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
uae75 wrote:

lol.....thanks, but i insist on rejecting your offer lol

well there goes my fun....
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
fayz wrote:I had a very close call a couple days ago, i was at city centre picking up a few things and quickly turned just as a lady was walking the other way, for all intents I basically ended up goosing her, I apologized profusely and walked the other way as fast as possible.

fayz dont expect us to beleive the excuses you told the mrs. we all know u wanted to grab that juicy a$$
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
Going back to the topic. If there was no evidence and it was her word against his, it should have been thrown out of court in the first place.

THe judicial system in this country is beyond a joke.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 17, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Going back to the topic. If there was no evidence and it was her word against his, it should have been thrown out of court in the first place.

THe judicial system in this country is beyond a joke.

worse if u read the comment sin 7days.ae all of them praise the woman not thinking theother side
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums