Why Was My Saddam Thread Deleted?

Topic locked
Jan 02, 2007
gtmash wrote:
kanelli wrote:You think that Saddam could have saved the Middle East? He slaughters his own people and you admire him? Some of you are seriously screwed in the head. :shock:

I was wondering that too. We should've all moved to pre-invasion Iraq to be saved. The Kurds were lucky to be there.

So because the invasion of Iraq was unlawful and unethical, no tyrant in the world should ever be brought to justice for their crimes? Please explain that logic.

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 02, 2007
Actually Bushra, I don't care what you think of my intelligence. I would like you to sit in a room with all the families of the people Saddam killed, and you tell them that they are also unintelligent and foolish for not supporing and admiring Saddam. Once again, you are playing the "evil West" card and not paying any attention to what Saddam did of his own accord! How is that logical?

Really, a 21 year old Emirati girl who grows up mostly in the States thinks she knows more about how Iraqis feel than anyone else. That is priceless.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 02, 2007
kanelli wrote: Really, a 21 year old Emirati girl who grows up mostly in the States thinks she knows more about how Iraqis feel than anyone else. That is priceless.

Not priceless. Worth a laugh or two.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 02, 2007
kanelli wrote:Actually Bushra, I don't care what you think of my intelligence. I would like you to sit in a room with all the families of the people Saddam killed, and you tell them that they are also unintelligent and foolish for not supporing and admiring Saddam. Once again, you are playing the "evil West" card and not paying any attention to what Saddam did of his own accord! How is that logical?

Really, a 21 year old Emirati girl who grows up mostly in the States thinks she knows more about how Iraqis feel than anyone else. That is priceless.

i spent six years in the states on and off, and i never said i knew how the iraqis felt. :roll:

oh and by the way kanelli, it wasnt only the iraqis....

in my first post on this topic in the other thread that was deleted i said that i acknowledged all the wrong things he had done to the kurds and iranians and others, and said i did not agree with them if you can remember. i said i didnt support him in those decisions. so i dont see how that is not paying attention.

you know as much as i hate yasser arafat "alla yir7ama", if he had come to the same end as saddam i would be upset as well. and arafat was a weak individiual, i dont even want to call him a man and am ashamed of him -- but what angers me is how the entire situation was handled.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 02, 2007
kanelli wrote:Really, a 21 year old Emirati girl who grows up mostly in the States thinks she knows more about how Iraqis feel than anyone else. That is priceless.

so do you think you understand how they feel more than i do? i mean of course you would, you're a westerner so i guess you should since yall are just the most compassionate, understanding, and smartest individuals....

really? do you think you can relate to them more than i can?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 02, 2007
We all know the trial wasn't handled well, but how well can you expect a trial like Saddam's to go? Look at the war crimes tribunal in the Hague, it takes years and years to try people, the judges are changed, lawyers changed etc. It is a mess at the best of times, and leaders of countries and armies are very hard to prosecute. It was the Iraqis who were trying Saddam. It was not American judges and American lawyers, and it wasn't American soldiers who hung Saddam. Yes, the US was an influence in setting up the court and capturing and handing over Saddam, but Iraqis were the ones procecuting Saddam! I don't think Saddam got as fair a trial as he would have gotten at the Hague, or elsewhere, but in the end I don't lose sleep over it because he was blatantly guilty of murdering thousands! Do we need to spend years hashing out all the details of the decades of criminal activity to come to the exact same guilty verdict in the end? Some people are definitely in doubt of being innocent or guilty, but Saddam's case was pretty clear cut. Murdering one person is enough to make someone spend the rest of their life in prison, let alone thousands.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 02, 2007
Kanelli morons like u r causing all the misery on this planet. hmmm...u lost me?...let me speak in ur kinda of language..if u can forgive humans..instead of taking revenge.....negotiate..instead of taking ur weapons..the world would be a much safer place..daily hundreds of pple die in iraq cause of Bush and his dog Blair...y in hell r pple supporting this
assholes..and joining this stupid war of them (is it cause some pple got brainwashed..or r 2 stupid 2 think for themself..don't be shy Kanelli..which one r u.........both?!..great!)...ok back 2 our story..It's crazy 2 see that only power and revenge r driving such pple..which leads 2 more death pple..

some dumb pple (Kanelli ) ... keep repeating that the iraqi pple wanted Saddam death..u mean the little group of population..and who knows..may-b they r even sponsored by usa?

It's clear 2 see
a) the americans attacked iraq under false pretenses
b) iraq has plenty of oil...something that the americans really can use..
c) bush & his administration..hate Saddam
d) that the living conditions in iraq... become worse
and the list goes on...

ofcourse Saddam killed thousands of pple...but the usa killed more than 500,000 already!!..and the number of victims is increasing daily..
think abt it...was it worth it to kill some many innocent pple(much more than saddam ever could kill)..just 2 bring saddam down...
let's not forget the innocent iraqi children who died at the hands of those who ''supposed to protect them''..
what does all these deaths mean actually...were all these pple somehow less human..was saddam's life worth more ?!
i :pukeright: on pple like u..who only think abt revenge..i'm well aware
that saddam has killed&tortured..but who gives us the right 2 hang him up..it's an illusion 2 believe that justice has been done by serving the death penalty...Saddam's death was the wish of Bush and his puppets..
if they really wanted to serve justice..they would have put him on trail in the international court of justice in Den Haag...but noooooooo
that would be against the wish of the iraqi pple..or should i say against the wish of usa...cause that way it would show..that all the things saddam was being accused of...that usa always played important role in each of them..

It's obvious 2 see..that the whole trial was a big joke..when they were hanging saddam..they should have put bush and his dog blair beside of him...but heeeeeey...their time will come :twisted:

pple who say that i'm a saddamlover...anti-west..blah blah... they r clearly not understanding any SH*T..so go ahead dream on...who knows..may-b u might wake up in the real world some day..
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 02, 2007
legendkiller, there is nothing dumb about anything I have written. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make me dumb. Perhaps you are a teenager who is still maturing? Most definitely you need to learn to write clearly and use proper English. Your posts are rambling and messy!

DID SADDAM KILL THOUSANDS OF HIS OWN PEOPLE AND SHOULD HE HAVE FACED JUSTICE? I'm assuming you think not, because you think that the US was moving his arms on puppet strings to do all the evil things he did. Your logic is that the US is evil, so Saddam should be let off the hook.

Fabulous :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 02, 2007
kanelli wrote: Most definitely you need to learn to write clearly and use proper English. Your posts are rambling and messy!

excuse me...for my englishhhhhhhhh... i speak 6 different languages...so u get confused sometimes..and make mistakes...tell me dear..how many languages can u communicate in?!

kanelli wrote:
DID SADDAM KILL THOUSANDS OF HIS OWN PEOPLE AND SHOULD HE HAVE FACED JUSTICE? I'm assuming you think not, because you think that the US was moving his arms on puppet strings to do all the evil things he did. Your logic is that the US is evil, so Saddam should be let off the hook.

i never said any of that...so stop talking bs will ya?
there is nothing wrong with putting saddam on trail..but let it be a fair trial..
not one for the show...and which the outcome favours...u know who...
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 02, 2007
Legendkiller wrote:
It's clear 2 see
and the list goes on...

e) Various Islamic sects and rogue states use the mess created by the West in Iraq to undertake the real atrocity of killing thousands upon thousands of Muslims

I make no excuses that we created the mess. But at the same time, it astounds me how few people blame the Shias and Sunnis for bombing the crap out of each other each day. That's nothing to do with Bush and Blair, that's decades of hatred built up by having a minority Sunni group unjustly rule the Shia. Wait a minute, anyone see a theme in my argument? Nah, best ignore it, blame it on the West instead.

Iraq would not be like this at this precise moment had Blair and Bush not invaded, but the mess would have come when Saddam died or an uprising had occurred. That the other Muslim states stand by and do nothing but watch is also an atrocity, the power and influence exists to reduce the bloodshed but the silence remains.

Go on, someone post that it's really the CIA behind the killings, that's what the populist people want to hear, not the truth.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 02, 2007
LK :notworthy: Wow, well said!

(notice how your critics won't address what you said point-by-point, but instead, give you a generalized, unsubstantiated reply)
freza
Dubai chat master

Jan 02, 2007
nice point legend.....

and kanelli, you're right just because you dont agree with legend doesn't make you dumb -- but just because we dont agree with you doesnt make us dumb or any of the other things that have been said about us as well...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 02, 2007
freza wrote:LK :notworthy: Wow, well said!

(notice how your critics won't address what you said point-by-point, but instead, give you a generalized, unsubstantiated reply)

:shock: All his post was made up (has the US really killed 1/2m people????), yet our replies are "unsubstantiated". Any more nuggets of wisdom hidden away?
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 02, 2007
scot1870 wrote:
Legendkiller wrote:
It's clear 2 see
and the list goes on...

e) Various Islamic sects and rogue states use the mess created by the West in Iraq to undertake the real atrocity of killing thousands upon thousands of Muslims

I make no excuses that we created the mess. But at the same time, it astounds me how few people blame the Shias and Sunnis for bombing the crap out of each other each day. That's nothing to do with Bush and Blair, that's decades of hatred built up by having a minority Sunni group unjustly rule the Shia. Wait a minute, anyone see a theme in my argument? Nah, best ignore it, blame it on the West instead.

Iraq would not be like this at this precise moment had Blair and Bush not invaded, but the mess would have come when Saddam died or an uprising had occurred. That the other Muslim states stand by and do nothing but watch is also an atrocity, the power and influence exists to reduce the bloodshed but the silence remains.

Go on, someone post that it's really the CIA behind the killings, that's what the populist people want to hear, not the truth.

Very well said. So many Westerners on this forum admit to, make no excuses for, and condemn the fact that the West is guilty of meddling. That fact seems to go unnoticed by the highly biased posters here. But we all know, it is easier to blame the West for everything and not admit to, or criticise, the rot existing in one's own backyard.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 02, 2007
scot1870 wrote:

:shock: All his post was made up (has the US really killed 1/2m people????), yet our replies are "unsubstantiated". Any more nuggets of wisdom hidden away?

655,000 total excess deaths up to July 2006—from the second Lancet survey of mortality (October 2006).

for more details click here
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 02, 2007
bushra21 wrote:
scot1870 wrote:

655,000 total excess deaths up to July 2006—from the second Lancet survey of mortality (October 2006).

for more details click here

I don't argue the death toll. Who killed them though? Areas can't be reconstructed because Muslims are bombing Muslims, not Muslims bombing Americans, Americans bombing Muslims or anything else.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 02, 2007
We've already discussed the death tolls in at least one other thread, and that same point was brought out. According to he posters, it doesn't matter if Muslims are killing Muslims, it is the US/West's fault for creating the conditions that make the Muslims kill each other. Even if you debate that that actually is not true, that is what the argument comes back as. The West is to blame for everything - that is the default answer. :roll:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 02, 2007
kanelli wrote:The West is to blame for everything - that is the default answer. :roll:

Let me guess..the west is innocent..and r :angel13:
right kanelli :lol:
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 02, 2007
Learn to read!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 02, 2007
y don't u follow ur own advice...
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 02, 2007
I have been requested to move this thread to; Politics, Philosophy and Religion Forums, please let me have your comments.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 02, 2007
Sure, go ahead and move it there.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 02, 2007
i think that PPR is a more suitable place for this thread
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 02, 2007
y move?...it's a general discussion..so it's place should be in general topic...
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 02, 2007
sage & onion wrote:I have been requested to move this thread to; Politics, Philosophy and Religion Forums, please let me have your comments.

move it to "games forum" its like ping pong (a game ain't it).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 02, 2007
Legendkiller wrote:y move?...it's a general discussion..so it's place should be in general topic...

the topics being discussed are more suited for the PPR forum though
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 02, 2007
Legendkiller wrote:y don't u follow ur own advice...

y don u lrn to reed n & rite 2 wile u r @ it :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 02, 2007
kanelli wrote:
Legendkiller wrote:y don't u follow ur own advice...

y don u lrn to reed n & rite 2 wile u r @ it :lol:

lol..u think tht i don't kno how 2 write...i'm writing like this...cause that's the way i want it..

like i said before i speak 6 languages(7 if we include body language if u kno what i mean :twisted: )..how many languages can u communicate in..let me take a wild guess..one?...may-b 2..they do speak french in canada don't they..may-b we can continue in french :lol:
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 02, 2007
As the general consensus was to move the thread, consider it done.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 02, 2007
kanelli wrote:Really, a 21 year old Emirati girl who grows up mostly in the States thinks she knows more about how Iraqis feel than anyone else. That is priceless.

So you are saying only 40+ westerners are the only ones who should know how Iraqies feel? :lol:

I wonder how you would know how Iraqies r ACTUALLY feeling? I just hope its not from the news or what Bush & Blair are saying in their statements. :wink:
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums