Why Religion(s) Still Exist In This Hi-tech Era

Topic locked
why religion(s) still exist in this hi-tech era Feb 02, 2006
Is it becuase majority of the people feel highly vulnerable and religion is a kind of insurance for them .

regds
Sreedhar

sree
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 02, 2006
Oh God, all we needed was THIS!
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: why religion(s) still exist in this hi-tech era Feb 03, 2006
sree wrote:Is it becuase majority of the people feel highly vulnerable and religion is a kind of insurance for them .

regds
Sreedhar

Guys, this is a legitamate question by our compadre Sreedhar.

Answer:

No my friend, it is much deeper than that for people of faith in God (no matter what the faith is). Religion itself is not the key to feeling better. Religion is the result of God's teachings. Christian or Muslim, we are all God's servants and His to do with as He pleases. God does exist, at least we People of the Book, beleive to be true. So you see, vulnerability is not the reason at all.

It is late so sorry if this appears like a halfassed answer :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 03, 2006
EJ speaks wise words (even with a hint of sarscasm :wink: )

I agree and i am saying

nothinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 04, 2006
Religion is a field where science havent explored. They will eventaully oneday
hashman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

religion vs science Feb 04, 2006
I think science had been exploring everything religion consiered as holy Most of the mysteries in the world are either proved ,defined or still investigated . The only fertile place where religion still thrives on is Universe and yet to be known facts about its origin and progression to the world today we see . Probably , looking at the complexities of the matter , no one will come out with correct definition ,which is going to be acceptable to everyone .

However , science has prooved its might and its strength .And the whole world and man kind is totally depended on science and its inventions today . But still , everyone get a kind of solace in believing that our prayers are going to bring us happienss in this world and rich dividends in the other world . Certainly, people do not like to think,belive that after death nothing and we wll return to earth and transform to a handful of dust .We love to live even after our death(the charm of life is so much) and probably that could be one of the reason ,we had been so immaginative to build up another world where we will live after departing from here .

regds
Sreedhar
sree
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 07, 2006
maybe we come from aliens...who knows :roll:
boostah
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 07, 2006
my religion is what stopping me of doing bad deeds even though they might be legal, and also if they are illeagel and i can get away with it.

What would stop me from shooting you in the head and go unpunished? force law??? fu(k it i'm sure i can do alot of busts without getting caught.

It is what make me stop in my formal suite going to a dinner and help an old man to change his tire.
It is what makes me do good things without people see me and without expecting a reward just because God exist and i'll be rewarded by him.

No God, then No humanity. no religion, means Caios or whatever the spelling is.

God exists, yes he does. i didnt' see him, yes i didn't.
Anyone of you saw an electron before???? saw an atom???? well, then how do you belive in them and we build sciences on them.

ok, Do you feel happy? prove it to me, you will laugh and sing and do the chicken dance. well, i can do that when i'm sad. so that doesn't make your point.

despite happiness can't be proven scientifically, it exists and we all feel it. if someone doesn't then he is ill. Exactly like God.

it is simple it is easy, if you don't see it, you are ill.

Bye.
yshimy

Feb 07, 2006
What is religion?

:shock:
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums