Some Men Are Gay Shocker

Topic locked
Some men are gay shocker Nov 24, 2005
Just when is the UAE going to get its head out of the sand and admit that some blokes (and yes shock horror some Muslim men) are in fact gay and arresting and possibly prosecuting people who are that way inclined won't change things one little bit?

Reading this in Emirates Today just served to remind me how ridiculous it is to criminalise people who are attracted to others of the same s e x. It would be laughable if it wasn't so serious:

Police arrested a large group of men, many of whom were dressed as women, after receiving information that a gay party was being held in a chalet. When officers arrived at the scene of the late-night party in Abu Dhabi they found numerous UAE nationals and other Arab and Asian men “intending to hold a gay party” a source revealed. Many of the men were impersonating women and dressed in female outfits, while the remainder were dressed in Arab attire. A total of 26 men were arrested, police said. Investigations revealed that the young men had previously held similar parties in various hotels and chalets. The men dressed as women were earning money as prosti-tutes, the source said. Those arrested were referred to the Abu Dhabi Support Centre for Psychiatrists to study their behaviour. Reports will be given to the authorities to see what action will be taken. Ho mo se xu- ality is illegal under Sharia Law.

All right it's not to everyone's taste but for heaven's sake, haven't the cops got better things to do than to round up a bunch of gay people at a private party? And what's the point of "studying their behaviour". It doesn't take a phychiatric genius to work this one out. Sometimes you are reminded just how ridiculous things are here. If the law says illegal then it's about bloody time the law was changed to step into the 21st Century.

GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 25, 2005
And I think Mr Goodbhai that u need to respect other religions.
Islam does not permit such a thing, it's haram,khalas!
And if anyone doesnt like the laws of Islam then they should go live in a western country and be GAY as much as they want!!!
Oh and thats besides it being so disgusting!!!
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 25, 2005
shaakira islam forbids gay se* but i dont think there is anything against being gay :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2005
Homophobia is alive and well.

Why not try a little bit of live and let live? Works wonders for peace and harmony. And no, I'm not gay, just someone who finds it difficult to understand narrow-minded bigots.
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 26, 2005
I have to agree, no offense against Islam and respecting the laws of a muslim country, but some people are just g-a-y, they can't help it, it's not a disease, you can't catch it, it's just they're personal preference and if you're born with that inclination nothing is going to stop them or change their preferences.

As said in another post, live and let live, so long as it's not hurting anyone, who cares.

And so many locals bat for the other team it's not true, the more you try to supress something, the more people will do it anyway. Sending these guys to a shrink is ridiculous, they're not some weird species that needs to be studied, what are we living in the dark ages?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 26, 2005
And so say all of us... well the sensible ones, anyway!
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 27, 2005
It's all right, the authorities have come up with a perfect solution to make sure it doesn't happen again and these men see the error of their ways and switch sides.

Apparently the police say it was a mass gay wedding and the more than two dozen gay Arab men who were arrested may be injected with male hormones, given five years in jail and a lashing....

That should put them back on the masculine "straight" and narrow, eh? I'm almost bloody speechless at the madness of it all..... but not quite!
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 28, 2005
HAHAHAHAH u must be kidding me...male hormones?!!! how the hell is that supposed to change their seksual preferences...

its not like all gay people are totally feminin and dress up in dresses and wear make up...there are alot that r so masculin u would never ever in ur wildest dream believe they r gay...

seriously this is madness!!!
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 28, 2005
Wow - Is that true? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's like trying to inject HP with smart brain cells, you can't change it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 28, 2005
show me 1 example of goodness that comes out of a gay union?
is there ANY benfit? NO!!!
lotsa people r born around the world with diff tendencies, but that doesnt mean that they should give in to their every whim n fancy! there r certain limits in life for 'MUSLIMS', dnt know bout the rest of u lot !!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 28, 2005
GoodBai wrote:given five years in jail and a lashing....

How's that for irony - locking up a bunch of men attracted to men in a place where they are surrounded by nothing but men all day long... and free lashings... wow... no disrespect to gays but talk about ur homo fantasies come true...

Reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons where Homer receives his ironic punishment in hell by having all the donuts he could eat... piss funny :)
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 28, 2005
shaakira wrote:show me 1 example of goodness that comes out of a gay union?
lotsa people r born around the world with diff tendencies, but that doesnt mean that they should give in to their every whim n fancy! there r certain limits in life for 'MUSLIMS', dnt know bout the rest of u lot !!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Obviously you've not been watching "Queer Eye"... All those straight guys would vouch for the benefits the fab five have blessed upon them.

For someone living on the eastside of Aust (where homos runs rampant) you sure bare very little (0) tolerance for them.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 28, 2005
All religions consider being a homosexual as a sin/taboo, not just Islam.

Goodbai, and you also chocolocca, this country's gov and the majority do not accept gays and lesbians in its society, and giving gays and lesbians is totally unacceptable and rejecting the idea does not make us stupid.

I dont care if its 21st centurey or if its the year 7500 A.D .. what matters is that this is wrong, and thinking of it as an aspect of modernship is just stupid itself.

You can express your sick views somewhere else, say maybe at your homes. Maybe both of you we'll be happy to accpet your son or daughter a gay or a lesbian.

Seriously our world is in danger with people like you.
It was stated since day 1 on earth, a man and a women. Adam and Eve. There was no michael jackson. lol! If a person is naturally gay, then thank God today's technology and modern medical treat can change them from semi-men to full women!
symmetric
BANNED

Nov 28, 2005
symmetric wrote:Seriously our world is in danger with people like you.

The same could very much be said in light of your contribution. Do you still club ur potential 'mate' over the head, sling them over ur shoulder and carry them back to your cave too?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 28, 2005
symmetric lets assume that you are right. And that Islam and Muslims should not accept homose*uality. Do you think this is the right way to deal with this issue ? Certainly not.

Religion should never be an excuse to treat someone horribly because of something out of his/her control. Here is my question, if any of those guys had the choice of being gay or not in this society do you think they would choose to be gay ? I dont think so.

I know of a Muslim gay friend who has decided to stay celebite all his life because of the religious interprtation for being gay in Islam. However he says he is gay, he cant do anything about it.

New age progressive Muslims need to start revolutioning the way they look into these issues, rather than the hardline lets kill them and imprison them all mentality. This wont solve the problem, it will just aggravate it.

Why is it that here in the Muslim world the cool thing to do is to brush up all those issues under the carpet rather than openly discussing them and finding long lasting compromises/solutions.

just a few thoughts you should think about before you condemn everyone who is gay or is supporting basic human rights for those people who after all are just humans like you and I.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 28, 2005
Very well put MaaaD.

It was the first time I had ever been accused of holding "sick views" and of "endangering the world" by advocating tolerance and understanding but some of the responses above certainly restored my faith... and made me laugh (XRW-147 and chocoholic)!
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 28, 2005
[quote="shaakira"]show me 1 example of goodness that comes out of a gay union?

OMG - what an awful attitude! My two best friends at uni have been together over 10 years! Theirs is a more stable, loving and caring relationship than most straight people I know! JUst because they happen to be two guys, does that mean they're not entitled to find someone?

And Symmetric here's a question for you and I challenge you to give a feasible answer! If it all started with Adam and Eve then how come there are so many different types of people, white, black, yellow! Chinese, Pygmies, Aboriginies etc. I suppose you'll say it's all some weird mutation!

I'm scared of people like you in the world as you're the danger with your narrow minded, intolerant views, you'd lock up anyone who doesn't fit into your idea of a perfect world. Well better lock yourself away and never go out.

And most of the g-a-y guys in the country are locals, so what are you going to do about that?

Most religions condem homosexuality it's not just Islam, but the difference is many have become more tolerant towards it as you can't exclude a whole section of society. Homophobia is just as bad as racism.

Oh shall I gross you out even more now and tell you that men can have amazing pleasure by stimulating the prostate gland, and sadly my friend there's only one way to do that!!!! And I guess that's ok so long as it's a woman doing it!

By the way why do most male fantasies involve two girls? So to have lesbians is ok. Double standards, boring arguments, get a life and open your mind.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 28, 2005
And Symmetric here's a question for you and I challenge you to give a feasible answer! If it all started with Adam and Eve then how come there are so many different types of people, white, black, yellow! Chinese, Pygmies, Aboriginies etc. I suppose you'll say it's all some weird mutation!

come on choco that is the stupidest challenge i have ever seen!!

it all comes down to what u believe ..whether u belive in darwinisme and the evolution of monkeys to intelligent humans...in that case u can expect those monkeys to evolve into chinese, black etc etc

and if u believe in the creation of adam and eve ..in both ways we can all agree that people evolve due to the environment they r living in....and that does not happen over one night...but over thousands of years...

well thats what i believe....
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 28, 2005
True. But in that case, you're still talking about evolution then are you not? So in light of that train of thought if all humans started from just two and evolved into all different races due to environmental and geographical forces, then why should humans also not evolve in their sexual preferences? And round and round it goes - wheeeeee!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 28, 2005
What it all boils down to is gay people are not really welcome here and, if they do decide to move here, they would certainly be well advised to keep quiet about it and be extremely circumspect in what they do if they don't want an appointment with the shrink's chair, a dose of male hormone therapy and a spell in the slammer!!
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 29, 2005
Goodbai...the majority of gay people r locals...

as for choco...homo-se'xuality is not a new phenomena...its been there for ages...back with the greeks and much before that...so its not something people r evolving into..

somehow i think its there subconciously...but it differs from one person to another

and then comes another thing that confused me more..is that some doctors have been examining all this and found out that its either something in their genes or brain..dont quite remember..bottom line..its something they r born with and they cant help it..

I think its difficult to judge them when we r not in their situation..cuz i heard some of them just cant help it and r very ashamed of it..(in some cases people tried to kill them selves)

anywayz...i really dont care(unless it comes to my family) I know I know...its double standards but what the hell...i just love Jack from will and grace!

its getting late and i can feel my brain sleeping..so if some of this didnt make sense then shoot ur self...i dont care...
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 30, 2005
do u guyz realise what ur doin???
ur picking on islam again!!!
leave our religion alone!!!
go question the other religions about their laws,
go and make fun out of what they hold sacred to them,
tell them to adjust to the 21st century,
we r not forcin u to be muslim, we just want u to understand our religion and respect it !!!
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2005
Hey D-Unit,

I'm aware that homosexuality has been around for hundreds if not thousands of years and yes the Greeks and the Romans are renowned for it. Women were seen as forbidden until they entered into marriage so the guys played with one another, it's nothing new.

Shakira, no one is picking on Islam so stop taking it so personally! What the authorities are doing is ridiculous, you can't force someone to change their preference and the idea of the hormone therapy is just so insane. As I said before many other religions are against it, the Vatican has just banned gay priests from being ordained!!!!!

But just because someones preference is different, does that really mean they can't have their faith? It's ridiculous! Religions must move with the times and update themselves as I said before the more you clamp down on people and force them against something the more they rebel.

So someone's gay, so what it's no-one elses business but their own. Is it hurting you? No!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 30, 2005
shaakira wrote:do u guyz realise what ur doin???

Hey, we're not picking on it, we're taking the piss out of it - there's a diff.

Seriously though, people are entitled to their opinions as much so as they are entitled to practice their own beliefs and faiths.

Religion is suppose to act as a guide and not act as the absolute and yet, some take the matter to be life and death - what a waste.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 30, 2005
XRW-147 wrote:
shaakira wrote:do u guyz realise what ur doin???

Hey, we're not picking on it, we're taking the piss out of it - there's a diff.

Seriously though, people are entitled to their opinions as much so as they are entitled to practice their own beliefs and faiths.

Religion is suppose to act as a guide and not act as the absolute and yet, some take the matter to be life and death - what a waste.

Couldn't agree more. Religions claim to be tolerant of things but when it boils down to it they start preaching, it's just silly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 30, 2005
U guyz r 2 much!
But i'll give u a lil tip, if u r ignorant about sumtin(in this case its ISLAM), then its better if u keep ur opinions to urself and not display ur lack of understanding
:wink:
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2005
shaakira wrote:But i'll give u a lil tip, if u r ignorant about sumtin(in this case its ISLAM), then its better if u keep ur opinions to urself and not display ur lack of understanding
:wink:

That sounds more like contradiction than advice. How is the expression of our views towards religion/s (not Islam only) any different to the expression of your views towards gays?

Now if someone had said Islam = ignorance then you might have had a leg to stand on.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 30, 2005
Well I see a person first, what they believe in or not as the case maybe and how they live their life is upto them. I get tired of people hiding behind religions and using it as an excuse, we're all human first and that's that.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 30, 2005
I think some people are being hyper-sensitive here. I'm from the UK and to be honest I think it's a healthy thing if people question the way things are done in your country... and, yes, take the piss, if it seems ridiculous. Often an outsider's view of your world and the way it does things can offer a different perspective and cause you to questions things. Surely a healthy thing.

And, to be honest, the handling of the gay question here does seem unfair, unjust and steeped in archaic thinking in a place which prides itself on moving with the modern world.
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Dec 01, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:I have to agree, no offense against Islam and respecting the laws of a muslim country, but some people are just g-a-y, they can't help it, it's not a disease, you can't catch it, it's just they're personal preference and if you're born with that inclination nothing is going to stop them or change their preferences.

As said in another post, live and let live, so long as it's not hurting anyone, who cares.

And so many locals bat for the other team it's not true, the more you try to supress something, the more people will do it anyway. Sending these guys to a shrink is ridiculous, they're not some weird species that needs to be studied, what are we living in the dark ages?

Well I have to disagree on that statement. It's more on the mental side and less on physical. Yes some males are born more with the female features and it would b better for em to get their sex change instead of being 50-50 like Liban and being enclosed in love triangle... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums