Islamic Countries Hungry For Gay S.e.x

Topic locked
Islamic countries hungry for gay s.e.x Jun 07, 2006
slamic countries hungry for gay sex
Gus Cairns
www.guscairns.com
1 June, 2006
more articles by Gus Cairns

A new internet tool, Google Trends, reveals the most popular internet search terms used in different countries in the world – and the results have come as an embarrassment to a broad swathe of African and Muslim countries from Morocco to Pakistan, who turn out to be the world’s most ardent searchers for s.e.x – both straight and gay.

Google Trends, presented last week in an unfinished version, promises to be a valuable tool for business analysts, market researchers and social scientists, as the popularity of specific search terms – from commercial items to the names of celebrities – can be narrowed down to city level.

It could even help to track the international drugs trade, and the tool has already uncovered an unexpected market for the east African stimulant drug khat in Vietnam and Malaysia.

While the word ‘gay’ is sought for most often by Latin Americans, it turns out to be Filipinos and – guess who – Saudi Arabians who most often look for the combination ‘gay s.e.x’.

In Africa the ‘gay s.e.x’ list is topped by Kenyans, Tanzanians, Namibians, Zimbabweans and South Africans, with Algerians and Moroccans looking for ‘la homos.e.xualité’ and ‘s.e.xe gay’. Homosexuality is illegal in most of these countries.

When it comes to regular s.e.x, another conservative Islamic country tops the list – Pakistan, closely followed by Egypt, with Algerians again topping the Francophone world as they look for ‘se,x,e’.

Meanwhile the Moroccans have it both ways, coming 2nd in the world in terns of searches for ‘se,x.e’ and 6th for ‘s/e/x’. Tanzanians, Ethiopians and Somalis also seem to be pretty s.e.x-obsessed.

The numbers of people searching for the worlds ‘HIV’ and ‘AIDS’ pretty much mirror the global epidemic, with South Africa and India topping the list in the cyberworld as they do in the real one.

Disappointingly, however, there is no other African country on the top ten list, with ‘AIDS’ dominated by the USA and Latin America. However the Moroccans seem to be very concerned about ‘le SIDA’, to use the French term.

As for ‘condoms’, far more Indians look for them than any other nation, but South Africa tops the world in terms of searches for the names of anti-HIV drugs.

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
To be honest it doesn't come as a great surprise. People will always search out and satisfy their curiosity for all things which are kept from them. It's human nature.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 07, 2006
it may not be a surprise for many, but than again its a slap in the face and a huge "shut up and think twice before u speak" to all those who claim that certain things r just not compatible and impossible to imagine if related to some mentalities, cultures or religion.

what is prohibited, will always be more interesting to explore.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 07, 2006
To have pulled out this article means that you search google for the word "gay" quite often.... Interesting Maad.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 07, 2006
i was just looking you up. Islamic + gay s.e.x. hahaha

but seriously Google Trends is dope. Check it out :

http://www.google.com/trends
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
MaaaD wrote:i was just looking you up.

Again, why spend your time trying to look up another GUY?? :shock:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
Liban wrote:
MaaaD wrote:i was just looking you up.

Again, why spend your time trying to look up another GUY?? :shock:

Liban, if you are trying to realize your fantasies that i am gay guy looking you up, i am sorry to crush your dreams habeebi
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
Maad ,

Are ya Gay? :? U can search something better instead ............
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 08, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Liban, if you are trying to realize your fantasies that i am gay guy looking you up, i am sorry to crush your dreams habeebi

Actually, I feel better that you prefer to look up other guys than myself. :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 10, 2006
Excellent spot Liban!! Top of the class!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums