Conversion To Islam

Topic locked
Conversion to Islam Apr 22, 2006
Six people of Chinese nationality converted to Islam yesterday during Noon Prayers at my Mosque in Jumeira/Umm Suqueim....

It was so emotional when they took the Shahada in front of the Ummah....

I felt so proud to embrace them after the Shahada...

Salam Aleykum. :)

Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 22, 2006
Actually, just to show you how ignorant I am, I didn’t realize how many muslims there are in China until I went there. one of the most popular restaurants in China are tsing zin (means muslim/halal)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

NEW MUSLIMS CENTER...... Apr 22, 2006
MASHA'ALLAH!
Here in Abu Dhabi, in the local new muslims center, we have almost one lady reverting every week...
MASHAA'ALLAH TABARAKALLAH!
IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOUCHY!
ALHAMDULELLAH I'M A MUSLIM...
MAY ALLAH GRANT US A PEACFUL ENDING IN THIS LIFE, TO HAVE AN ETERNAL ONE IN THE NEXT...AMEN.
sarahamdy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2006
fayz wrote:Actually, just to show you how ignorant I am, I didn’t realize how many muslims there are in China until I went there. one of the most popular restaurants in China are tsing zin (means muslim/halal)

China has a HUGE Muslim population. Something like 15% of China is Muslim (200m people!!!).... Thats like the entire population of Arab North Africa!!!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: NEW MUSLIMS CENTER...... Apr 23, 2006
sarahamdy wrote:MASHA'ALLAH!
Here in Abu Dhabi, in the local new muslims center, we have almost one lady reverting every week...
MASHAA'ALLAH TABARAKALLAH!
IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOUCHY!
ALHAMDULELLAH I'M A MUSLIM...
MAY ALLAH GRANT US A PEACFUL ENDING IN THIS LIFE, TO HAVE AN ETERNAL ONE IN THE NEXT...AMEN.

I admit that I got all kinds of goosebumps... Fully grown men were crying as we slowly gathered around our new brothers saying Allah Akbar with all our hearts.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 23, 2006
See Liban, to me this is as odd to me. As certain people are to you!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 23, 2006
good that they are converting but are they really practixcing in their hearts
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 23, 2006
Like u practice peace, harmony and love to your fellow man everyday? :roll:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 23, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:See Liban, to me this is as odd to me. As certain people are to you!

What is odd about this?

It is perfectly natural....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 23, 2006
Liban

Chocs does have a point. We mean no disrespect at all, but it is something that is strange to us.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 23, 2006
I like to hear that people feel emotionally stirred at significant events. I suppose it is the same things as watching someone graduate from university, watching a couple get married, watching people receive awards for doing great things for other people or the environment. Those kinds of things stir me :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 23, 2006
arniegang wrote:Liban

Chocs does have a point. We mean no disrespect at all, but it is something that is strange to us.

It is strange to have people embrace Islam? :?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 23, 2006
No we meant "fully grown men crying and weeping" sort of strange.
arniegang

I DON'T GET IT.......... WHY THE FUSS?!?!?!? Apr 23, 2006
THE PROPHET (PBUH) NEVER DISLIKED THINGS BECAUSE OF THEIR ESSENCES, BUT BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY MANIFESTED.

ppl now dislike everything, starting from the tiniest insigneficant matters... I don't get it, why do we care soooooooooooooooo much about the shallow issues rather than what lies beneath?

BY ALLAH, my intention behind saying all this is to remind myself before you all that time is passing, and we can't waste it like that, if you know what I'm saying...

Quiet bluntly, why to go word for word, all Liban tried to say is that its very sensual and touchy to be exposed to stuff like that, and wanted to share these beautiful deep sincere feelings with us...

WHY THE FUSS?
sarahamdy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2006
There is no "Fuss"

Its called "discussion" and some of us cannot comprehend "sensual" or the "emotion", just like you cant understand why "we" dont hate Jews and not wishing them exterminated - It cuts both ways

:roll: :roll:
arniegang

Apr 24, 2006
GAB wrote:Like u practice peace, harmony and love to your fellow man everyday? :roll:

u could do better GAB...... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Conversion to Islam Apr 24, 2006
Liban wrote:Six people of Chinese nationality converted to Islam yesterday during Noon Prayers at my Mosque in Jumeira/Umm Suqueim....

It was so emotional when they took the Shahada in front of the Ummah....

I felt so proud to embrace them after the Shahada...

Salam Aleykum. :)

Mashallah..this is great news brother. I hope six brother/sisters find peace in Islam and make du' awa for muslim brothers/sisters around the World.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 24, 2006
What islam needs is not more quantity but more quality
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2006
MaaaD wrote:What islam needs is not more quantity but more quality

Its not up to you to determine what Islam needs...its upto Allah almighty.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 24, 2006
Lionheart wrote:

And in that quote lies your problem! People aren't taking responsibility for 'their' actions, but leave it all upto 'God'! Sorry Lionheart but I agree with Maaad on this one. Islam needs more tolerant, kind hearted and good willed people and less nutters. - To put it blunty.

I've got no problem with people that practice and preach with good intentions but it's the people who go overboard and spread hatred towards others using religion - any religion as their excuse - these people are deplorable! And it's those people that should be kicked out, but are people doing anything about it? No!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 24, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
GAB wrote:Like u practice peace, harmony and love to your fellow man everyday? :roll:

u could do better GAB...... :lol:

:lol: There is that amazing sense of humour I was talking about. Very astute! I am impressed! :D
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 24, 2006
arniegang wrote:No we meant "fully grown men crying and weeping" sort of strange.

Well when something touches your heart you can weep....

Unless you are made of stone???
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2006

Are you God?

No... So don't speak ill of Islam.

Islam is not a thing which is reliant on quality or quantity. Rather it is God's Message to his servants (humans). Muslims, just like all humans, have faults. Do not link such faults to the religion.

Maad I dunno if you are a copt or a Muslim, but anyone from Egypt should know what I just said and shouldn't spew complete and utter b/s.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2006
Why is a post about the beauty of some people accepting God into their hearts twisted into a discussion on bad seeds in Islam?

Why is anything nice thing about Islam always twisted into something dismissive or unrelated to the subject?

These truely are sad times for mankind.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 24, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:
Lionheart wrote:

And in that quote lies your problem! People aren't taking responsibility for 'their' actions, but leave it all upto 'God'! Sorry Lionheart but I agree with Maaad on this one. Islam needs more tolerant, kind hearted and good willed people and less nutters. - To put it blunty.

I've got no problem with people that practice and preach with good intentions but it's the people who go overboard and spread hatred towards others using religion - any religion as their excuse - these people are deplorable! And it's those people that should be kicked out, but are people doing anything about it? No!

Choco... Again its not upto you me who is a muslim to determine what Islam needs and what who it doesn't need. Allah almighty will be the judge on whose heart he will guide and whose heart and mind he will block. Islam was preaching tolerance and equal right between sexs and races long before the west even knew the word tolerance, so please spare us with you none sense Islam needs more tolerant people. Choco.. I think you are the one that needs to more tolerant attitude toward the Islamic societies in particular the Middle East... You need to understand that more about Khalifah system and Islamic self determination, before demonizing it.

[qoute]I've got no problem with people that practice and preach with good intentions but it's the people who go overboard and spread hatred towards others using religion - any religion as their excuse - these people are deplorable! And it's those people that should be kicked out, but are people doing anything about it? No[/qoute]

Choco... I'm sorry but Islam is not club you can kick out anyone who breaks your laws or disagrees with you...No Islam is the true faith that has been passed down from Adam ( pbuh) to Mohammed(pbuh) and only Allah almighty can judge and knows peoples intentions...
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 24, 2006
sniper420 wrote:good that they are converting but are they really practixcing in their hearts

With All respect mate.. this is something no one has to ask about.. and if there is something which should be learned to those new muslims (about how to practice .. etc).. then it shouldnt be this way .. the relation between the person and his God is a secret, private, and sacred channel that no one could ever judge :)
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 24, 2006
arniegang wrote:No we meant "fully grown men crying and weeping" sort of strange.

Well arni.. if you wana the truth... there is nothing like the cry of happyness and joy.. you should go thru it for once at least... nothing like it.

In many such situations.. i couldnt control myslef.. and you find that your tears just start pouring from your eyes.. and the goosebumps of joy is all over ur body..
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 24, 2006
Intimacy wrote:
sniper420 wrote:good that they are converting but are they really practixcing in their hearts

With All respect mate.. this is something no one has to ask about.. and if there is something which should be learned to those new muslims (about how to practice .. etc).. then it shouldnt be this way .. the relation between the person and his God is a secret, private, and sacred channel that no one could ever judge :)

Brilliant Intimacy!! :D Religion is personal.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 24, 2006

Well, if i would take this with good intentions and i will.. then what you said is just true.. That Applies for anything in this universe.. right?

But even in science ( im not going to go thru the spiritual approch now) in order to quantify quality you need quantity.. in islam.. a new human means a new qualiy.. or at least thats how it is origianlly..

At the sametime the people who are not qualified to be A quality.. then..they could be developed to be up to the level. the main focus should be on the human him/her self..
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 24, 2006
I agree, the core of Islam is ones personal relationship with God. A good Muslim does all, thinking how God will see it. A good Muslim wants to please God by being a decent righteous person. Doesn't matter if a good Muslim wears a beard or not for example, at the end of the day it is what is on the inside, his internal Jihad (K and Choco still don't grasp this notion) is what should win out.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums